Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) (53175 Views)

Tems Slammed For Her "Rude" View-Blocking Dress At The Oscars (video) / Will Smith Apologises To Chris Rock After Oscars Slap / 'I Never Joked With Money' - Beverly Osu Shares Her Epic Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by boolet: 7:27am On Mar 28, 2022
Kingcalls:

I repeat...u dont hv a brain... how does making a joke make him a bully... ur brain has been hacked and u don't know it
I repeat, the word brain eludes you. Stfu alaye, take you folly elsewhere. Rather, you want the last word? Go ahead!

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 28, 2022
litigator:
I love Chris Rock’s comportment and maturity. It was just a joke. People make jokes of everything. Yeah! We should learn to draw the line but then we should also learn never to show anger in public.
You don’t make a joke about one’s sickness….it’s very wrong…it’s like making a joke about someone lean because he or she as cancer

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Alohaa: 7:30am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
sad
The joke was outta line because she’s battling alopecia but then Wills outburst is uncalled for, I believe he needs to watch roast sessions between celebrities
They can call you out on any thing, He just lost a fan Chris Rock showed good professionalism
Big ups Chris Rock
Agreed,but this is not roast session
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Oluwapresley(m): 7:30am On Mar 28, 2022
litigator:
I love Chris Rock’s comportment and maturity. It was just a joke. People make jokes of everything. Yeah! We should learn to draw the line but then we should also learn never to show anger in public.

God!!!!!! You do bad and walk away and you silly folks call it maturity and composure making the bad guy look good?? How inspiring. Smh!

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 28, 2022
beejaay:
First the slap was an assault and Smith should be sued.. It's America not Nigeria except maybe the famous and rich have other laws.
The movie GI Jane portrayed the woman Chris compared Jada to as a strong resilient woman that will follow her mind and soul to achieve that she want which means it was actually a compliment.. Infact Smith was laughing at first until he saw the look on jada's face and I doubt Chris is aware Jada has alopecia..

It’s on the news, it’s on SM, it’s everywhere that She has Alopecia. And Rock was referring to her hairstyle not the resilience character of GI Jane, he was trying to make fun of her hairstyle!!!

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tillaman(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2022
Oluwapresley:

Can we be more stern with whoever incites rather than being stern with one who retaliates?

A girl slaps a boy. The boy retaliates. The narrative would be why did the boy slap the girl and that the girl showed maturity for walking away. That's bad. Will Smith lost a fan for responding but Chris Rock isn't losing a fan for making such a stupid joke? Smh
you made good point bro so you think the best way to handle this is to get on the stage and hit him ?
Why can’t he just stick to the yelling Get my wife’s name out your fvcking mouth

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by rajiedreez: 7:36am On Mar 28, 2022
:=(( So many people saying what Smith did was right, well if Smith has ever laughed at any comedians joke about any topic in the past even if it was about something of less significance, then he's as guilty as Chris. You don't laugh at others and frown when same is done to you. Its a big IF though

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Oluwapresley(m): 7:36am On Mar 28, 2022
Benz4pimp:
You don’t make a joke about one’s sickness….it’s very wrong…it’s like making a joke about someone lean because he or she as cancer

Are you minding him? Such criminality has been perpetrated from time immemorial and encouraged by their kinds.

Someone would be sitting down on his own thinking of nothing but love and peace. Then out of nowhere, some other person does something as silly as making an insensitive joke about the person you love.

And in their brainless head, they come to say someone was unprofessional for fighting back and praise the one who started the whole nonsense as being professional and having composure.

Seen this play out so many times. A boy is being bullied but no one pays attention. The day the boy decides to retaliate is the day everyone would come for his head asking why he beat someone up. Tsew.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by remzytimer: 7:38am On Mar 28, 2022
ooh oh wow! Will Smith just smark a shit out me...� I think this may be preplanned.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 28, 2022
nemynely:
Irrespective of the provocation the joke may have elicited, I condemn Will Smith's reaction 100%.
Big ups to the maturity of Chris Rock. Mehn, this dude really rocks. I really can tell how I would have reacted had we swapped places.
Finally, people should learn to stop being overly sensitive when comedians and compères do their job. Every joke MUST be on something or someone or some place. No joke exists without involving a noun.
Pray tell, why should a fat person take offence when a joke has been made about fat people when he just finished bringing the roof down with laughter after a skinny people joke was told. Beats me, seriously.

There are millions of things happening in people’s lives that you can make a joke about but stay away from their medical conditions!!!!
It’s like a young girl having her hair scrapped and skinny because she’s battling cancer and the Compere comes and makes fun of her look. That’s emotional trauma and you can be sued for it!

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tillaman(m): 7:40am On Mar 28, 2022
Alohaa:

Agreed,but this is not roast session
right but I believe he could have handled this better than he did!!
I know the joke was outta line and insensitive but I believe Chris Rock doesn’t know she was battling with Alopecia
The GI Jane had her hair shaved she doesn’t have alopecia

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Oluwapresley(m): 7:43am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
you made good point bro so you think the best way to handle this is to get on the stage and hit him ?
Why can’t he just stick to the yelling Get my wife’s name out your fvcking mouth

It's not the best way to handle it but if he chooses to handle it that way, rather than heaping all the blame on him for his methods of handling, why not sternly call out the one who incited?

Will Smith obviously did not come to the Oscars to fight, did he? Someone incited but I am seeing the one who incited being praised as being mature and composed and professional.

An elderly person mentally degrades a teenager making him feel like he is worthless and shouldn't have been given birth to. Within the corridors of this verbal assault are other elders that refused to call the assaulter to order. The minute the teenager cannot take it any longer and decides to respond, that's when all the elders in the room will come descending on the teenager saying he shouldn't speak to adults that way blah blah blah.

Then you ask yourself, why do people treat responders harsher than the instigators?

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Rawhumper(m): 7:44am On Mar 28, 2022
Did his wife Bleep her son's friend? shocked

Hope she was arrested?

ote author=NwaAmaikpe post=111430575] shocked

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this tyoe of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP. [/quote]

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by biggie73(m): 7:47am On Mar 28, 2022
Show some respects.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by stanisbaratheon: 7:47am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:

Simps will always be simps. Ever ready to take a bullet for and defend the woman who is ever ready to gobble up another preek.
Will Smith himself laughed at the damn joke, till he noticed Jada wasn't cool with it.

So he had to play hero to a woman who has never gotten over her obsession with Tupac Shakur. A woman who does not in any way cherish her marriage to him.

A woman whom all he has done to all their marriage is to plead with to remain put with him.

So he had this type of energy, yet his wife chose to fvck his child's friend and won't have let go of him till the small boy shamed her for her preek neediness.

He had this energy and he couldn't slap sense into Jada's head when she was proudly admitting her entanglement with August Alsina on their round table talk.

He had this tyoe of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Will Smith, if you like slap John Cena, the world will forever consider you a simp.
It's a shame that a man as hot as Will will go through shit, go beserk and do bizarre stuffs just to get the validation of the unrepentant cougar he happily calls wife.

He was at least honest enough to admit that "love will make you do crazy things" meaning he did this to earn her love; to earn the love of a slut.
Shame.

At this rate, I won't be shocked if one day I read that Will put a bullet through his own skull because if this isn't a trip to rock bottom, then I wonder what is.
This is what happens when a man marries the wrong woman, or when a man thinks he can convert the affection a woman has for another man.

Once you start out begging a woman to love you, you spend the rest of your life in pure agony, because love can never be forced, bought or begged for.

I expect Chris Rock to do what is right and press charges ASAP.
Perfectly said.

Same Will Smith was hiding and afraid to be seen with Jada when Tupac was alive. What a shame of a man.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by superemmy(m): 7:49am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
sad
The joke was outta line because she’s battling alopecia but then Wills outburst is uncalled for, I believe he needs to watch roast sessions between celebrities
They can call you out on any thing, He just lost a fan Chris Rock showed good professionalism
Big ups Chris Rock

Ryan Gosling's reaction is just priceless cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by jubrilELsudan: 7:53am On Mar 28, 2022
THIS IS PROOF OF "WHEN A WIFE HAS COOKED HER HUSBAND AND SHE CONTROLS HIM LIKE REMOTE CONTROL".

THIS ISN'T LOVE...THIS IS OTUMOKPO LIVE IN ACTION.

NOW THIS EXPLAINS WHY WILL SMITH WAS CRYING ON WORLD TV WHEN HIS WIFE WAS CONFESSING THAT SHE HAS BEEN FVCKING A SMALL BOY ENTANGLEMENT STYLE.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tete7000(m): 7:53am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:

Shame.

While it is agreed that Will Smith went too far, all these epistle does not justify someone making Joke out another's struggle. Whether Smith is a simp or not Mr. Macho man, Will cross should be left for him to carry. You have your struggles, I have mine, Will has his own. People like you should learn to live and let others live too. Take your emotions out of other people's lives so that you don't die young.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by tillaman(m): 7:55am On Mar 28, 2022
Oluwapresley:

It's not the best way to handle it but if he chooses to handle it that way, rather than heaping all the blame on him for his methods of handling, why not sternly call out the one who incited?

Will Smith obviously did not come to the Oscars to fight, did he? Someone incited but I am seeing the one who incited being praised as being mature and composed and professional.

An elderly person mentally degrades a teenager making him feel like he is worthless and shouldn't have been given birth to. Within the corridors of this verbal assault are other elders that refused to call the assaulter to order. The minute the teenager cannot take it any longer and decides to respond, that's when all the elders in the room will come descending on the teenager saying he shouldn't speak to adults that way blah blah blah.

Then you ask yourself, why do people treat responders harsher than the instigators?
I get your point my bro but what if Chris Rock had returned the favor what do you think will happen ?
Who then will you take side with if it was a fist fight ?
If my fellow man hits me then am so going to put him where he belongs
There was disrespect from both parties
Disrespectful of him to roast his wife even though he might be unaware of her medical condition and it was disrespectful of him to hit him on stage he could have done that back stage if he feels compelled to hit him

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by LastProphet: 7:55am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:

Shame.

Gbam!
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Jh0wsef(m): 8:01am On Mar 28, 2022
Shoodboi:
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to insulting jokes, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.

Lol. Helen and Gordons.
Very awkward situation

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Blakpot: 8:05am On Mar 28, 2022
Chris rock should have known Will Smith is an avid reader

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by alpharoyalty: 8:06am On Mar 28, 2022
NwaAmaikpe:

He had this type of energy and he can't discipline his kids who would rather write a dead Tupac Shakur letters chronicling how their mom has remained perpetually unhappy without him and how they wish he was their father.

Shame on him.

Will Smith is coming for you grin

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by afroxyz: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2022
The guy na ultra simp. A wife who openly told the world how she cheated on you with a younger man

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Grandmeister(m): 8:11am On Mar 28, 2022
nemynely:
Irrespective of the provocation the joke may have elicited, I condemn Will Smith's reaction 100%.
Big ups to the maturity of Chris Rock. Mehn, this dude really rocks. I really can tell how I would have reacted had we swapped places.
Finally, people should learn to stop being overly sensitive when comedians and compères do their job. Every joke MUST be on something or someone or some place. No joke exists without involving a noun.
Pray tell, why should a fat person take offence when a joke has been made about fat people when he just finished bringing the roof down with laughter after a skinny people joke was told. Beats me, seriously.
If you know how much derogatory jokes BLACK comedians made at Michael Jackson throughput his life on earth yet he took it all and went his way. Now everyone is sensitive to comedy. The woke culture will be the death of the American society.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by pinkygurl(f): 8:12am On Mar 28, 2022
RapistOnBail:

Wife wey dey Entangle the Mugu.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by JaceBlaze: 8:12am On Mar 28, 2022
Rock had to take one for the whole world.The slap carries the anger from all those entanglement jokes everybody was making,carries anger from all those times his wife's eyes swelled up in tears whenever 2pac's name would come up.
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Revolva(m): 8:13am On Mar 28, 2022
Will Smith was really angry........that what i call a smack down....Chris rock got a loud mouf
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by Ceejaytech: 8:14am On Mar 28, 2022
Can he try such joke with Putin, whether Putin no go throw bomb give am.

Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by angelfallz(m): 8:15am On Mar 28, 2022
Mtcheww
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by angelfallz(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2022
tillaman:
sad
Big ups Chris Rock
Re: Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock After He Joked About His Wife At The Oscars (Video) by miketayo(m): 8:17am On Mar 28, 2022
Shoodboi:
Will Smith is a no-nonsense dude. He once slapped a press guy for kissing him.

But that said, comedians and others who make jokes at other people's expense should know their "jokes" are insults dressed in makeup.

Everyone is sensitive to insulting jokes, including those who smile or laugh. Most just let it slide, until it gets to a point they can't anymore. In this case, Mrs. Smith has alopecia, which is a medical condition that causes hair loss.

I remember something like this happened between Helen and another comedian at an AY Live show a few years ago.

No nonsense indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Apologizes Over Bag Scandal. Suggests Hermes Screenshots Were Fake / Nuella And Tchidi Chikere's Court Wedding In Pictures / Paul Okoye Reacts To The Peter-Jude Beef

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83