Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This (49559 Views)

Bride's Father Administers Strict Wedding Vows To Groom On Wedding Day (Video) / Man Confused As His Girlfriend And His Friend Fight Over Food. Photo / Man Drops Surprise Engagement Ring On His Girlfriend's Bed, See What She Did (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Jespet97: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2022
Abeg I dey here locate me if you want to save because my one naira count but na you spoil her na , you suppose carry her to market and cook with that cash bliv me and change go remain and the soup no go finish as guys like swallow to be strong.
As Yahoo dey what do you expect, spending na, if una see better bae now una go overlook her
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by kayperry: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2022
ojasweb:

What is your point?
I have lexus and i have on occasions go out with my woman and spend less than 3k.

Must he be spending 25k all the time because he has Lexus?

See terrible thinking.

The bone of contention here is not the budget(more or less) i can drive a venza nd be buying 1k fuel regardless of what the female attendants think, whu cares undecided
Buh you can't possibly worth #100 n be beating yourself up cos you lost #5 in a normal circumstance. that is the thinking
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Yomit71(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

Men with their Yeye way of testing a lady. I don't see any wrong in what your girl did na.

I mean if you have the money, why not spend it? Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

See how you made her the wicked person here because she refused to eat your 1500 food.

Reason why most of you have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue both of you can resolve, know her reason and let her know yours, instead you turned it to Russia and Ukraine war.

Just say you want a new girl and move with your wahala.
1. There's selfishness in her attitude.
2. She lacks management
3. She has no pity for her partner's pulse (non challant attitude)
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Godispeace: 10:33am On Mar 31, 2022
he is bros , stupidity is not maturity and maturity is not to be timid and foolish. Always learn to stand by your word and lets ur spouse respect ur do'sand don't abinito , no pretends pls esp at this foundation stage
funshint:
You weren't matured about this. Since you've already gotten your test result, why still go into control mode by disallowing her from using the rest to buy her dodo? Don't play money games with a woman again, even the one that pretends to be conservative during courtship may change when you marry. You can't know a woman fully until you marry her. Just pray to God to give you plenty money. Besides can't she cook?
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Thoniameek1: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
Immaturity at it's peak

That's how you'll embarrass someone you claim to love for 450 that you'd not be using and it's within the stipulated budget

Please let her go and find someone that'd not even buy anything for herself but spend the entire budget on you or give you some change to keep

Yeye dey smell
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?
Bro you did wonderfully well, if she didn't apologize, free her because the day she sees someone who will buy her any amount she wants, she will discard you instantly

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Ekugbeh(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
We have been dating for a while now. Been coming to my house and my parents knows her. Normally she visits and sleeps over and ofcourse because she is my guest ,I'll have to give her food etc.

So today I decided to be different. I told her I was hungry and if she was, ofcourse she hurried and said yes, dresses up and jumped in my lexus. I just smiled, and started the car and we drove to a restaurant.

Before we got down from the car, I told her that I don't want to spend more than 3k on the meal between the both of us, and I told her to handle it, which she said fine, and split the fees to 1500 each. She got her food and a huge chicken which everything was 1500 naira on her end, and I got swallow which was about 1050 naira on my end. And the total money was 2550 naira. Then suddenly my girlfriend told me she also wants plantain, that the money is not yet upto 3k. That it must reach 3k. I was shocked because, if we were married then she can't help me save money when I tell her let's cut down cost. I thought she would even be happy that she saved me money and now we didn't send upto that 3k. But wow.

The waiter wanted to take the food and add the plantation of 450, but I refused and told her to collect her payment as we were done ordering.

My so called girlfriend then got angry and decided to seat somewhere far away from me, and we didn't see each other till I was done eating, although she waited for me. To my surprise she didn't eat that food, she packaged it back in a takeaway bag, and kept it for me. I asked her why she didn't eat the food she ordered by herself which was already 1500, as we agreed, and she said she won't eat it, and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Right now, I don't want to take this relationship serious. Did I do the wrong thing by not allowing her spend the remaining money and making it 3k? Which ofcourse was the remaining money from my own food.?
I love men with balls

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by babyfaceafrica: 10:36am On Mar 31, 2022
achimendy:

Hahahaha, some people sha

To be honest, guy you Bleep up.
Since you budgeted 3k for the meal, and what you ordered is not up to 1500 you should have allowed her, after all is still within the budget.
Na just 450 o, haba bros.
Better go buy that thing give her o.
when guys start indulging ladies in little things like this, it spreads to the marriage. She is greedy, simple!! Didn't she know she wants dodo before exhausting her 1500

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by babyfaceafrica: 10:37am On Mar 31, 2022
Thoniameek1:
Immaturity at it's peak

That's how you'll embarrass someone you claim to love [b]for 450 that you'd not be using [/b]and it's within the stipulated budget

Please let her go and find someone that'd not even buy anything for herself but spend the entire budget on you or give you some change to keep

Yeye dey smell
How are we sure he won't be using it later

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by uthlaw: 10:40am On Mar 31, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Why not sit her down and talk instead of all these tests.

If you want to start cutting cost. Tell her straight.

Seriously, I don't understand all these testing of a thing.

Even Jesus say do not tempt the lord your God.

Talk more of you testing another person. And you are just going to judge her by just one act?

sit her down for watin,when all this boys wan get sense self!

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Thoniameek1: 10:46am On Mar 31, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
How are we sure he won't be using it later

It's in the budget!

If wanted to use it later then he should simply told her that
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by brownsugarvk: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2022
See them.. They talked about how much to spend, it resulted that they are sharing it 1500 per person and the girl exhausted hers... Will her name change if she is contented with the one she got? Remember the guy is the one paying OK not the girl. She even got angry... You come dey support her.. E be like say na the kind life u dey live..

Men with their Yeye way of testing a lady. I don't see any wrong in what your girl did na.

I mean if you have the money, why not spend it? Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

See how you made her the wicked person here because she refused to eat your 1500 food.

Reason why most of you have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue both of you can resolve, know her reason and let her know yours, instead you turned it to Russia and Ukraine war.

Just say you want a new girl and move with your wahala. [/quote]
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Phut(f): 10:52am On Mar 31, 2022
PossibleG:
to me the girl is senseless ur not the one paying he even told u let’s spend just 3k on foods he himself spent less than 1200 yet she still wants to ensure they spend that 3k ah ah common sense is not common o …. 3k is nothing especially when the person has been doing much more than that for u if the girl in question is a sensible girl she would have said babe don’t worry let me do the spending on foods today since you don’t have much to spend on food …don’t you think they guy would have even loved her more if she had done this simple thing ? Nigerian girls una matter belike yoke
Please read in full before commenting. He told her they would not spend more than 3K. She agreed. They got there, he told her she would pay 1,500 and she would pay 1,500. She again agreed. They put their respective monies into the pot.
She ordered 1,500 and he ordered 1,050. She asked him to use the remaining 450 to buy plantain and he refused.
OP with this adversarial mindset you have, I don’t see any relationship you have going anywhere. BTW, I think this story is a figment of your imagination.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by kayperry: 10:52am On Mar 31, 2022
SpiritLION:

Your sense is on the low side!!

She got everything she wanted with 1.5k as agreed, the owner of the money (the boyfriend) managed to save 450 from the 1.5k meant for his own food but still the girl want ALL spent at all cost!! And in your mind you think nothing is wrong with that??

To make matters worst, she got angry and refused to eat the food?? Are you serious??

She's lucky am not the one, that would have been the last time she would ever stepped her foot into a restaurant with me, if she won't cook at home, then so be it.

Any money wey you don give out abeg lets learn to dey comot eye, what i will fight over like bahuballi is whats left in my pocket undecided
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Tundex911: 10:53am On Mar 31, 2022
...and I took the food back. I ate the food myself with the chicken.

Na this part sweet me for Belle aswear, kudos padi mi

GBAYI ✌️

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by FryMosquito: 10:54am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
it was crazy how she exhausted hers, she didn't even ask me if I wanted something else to complete the money. Such a selfish fellow
Women are selfish creature, them all
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by CAPSLOCKED: 10:56am On Mar 31, 2022
Favfables1:

The girl acted immaturely here chief, not the OP...
1. Did you also read the part where SHE split the cash to 1,500 each? undecided...

And even if she wanted the plantain, couldn't she atleast have asked first, whether or not the OP had plans to buy something else with his own share of the money? What sort of greedy and selfish attitude is that?

2. Honestly....
This your question is valid undecided..

3. Did you read the part where OP said that she didn't eat the food, but rather kept it for him? So what was he supposed to do with the food in other not to break the "agreement"? Throw the food away?

And what do you mean by "pay with copulation"? Is she a who.r.e that sells sex for a plate plantain? What sort of thinking is this?!

ALL THESE COMING FROM AN OBVIOUSLY POOR GIRL THAT DEPENDS ON YOU FOR HER SURVIVAL WILL SURELY HURT THE MOST. THE THINGS MEN KEEP UP WITH EVERYDAY. LITTLE WONDER WHY MANY MEN AGE OR DIE EARLY FROM SPENDING MORE TIME WORRYING ABOUT EMOTIONAL AFFAIRS THAN HOW TO TAKE PROPER CARE OF THEMSELVES.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by lookingfly: 10:57am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:

she for buy dodo from her pocket na......this is what pisses me of about ladies sometimes...... they claim to be smart when it comes to your money and their money.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by seyoops4u: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2022
Just in case you don't know that he budgeted 3k does not mean he really want to spend it all. It only means if they really have to go beyond then 3k is limit.

Contentment is the issue here. Afterall, he discussed it with her before going to the restaurant that 1500 each.

Reason why most of Ladies have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue that can be resolved.
Her man already told her he's trying to cut down cost and instead she activated her gluttony spirit..

Animegirl:
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by CAPSLOCKED: 10:59am On Mar 31, 2022
Phut:
OP with this adversarial mindset you have, I don’t see any relationship you have going anywhere.

THEY MAY BE IN THE MINORITY BUT THERE ARE MANY INTELLIGENT AND REASONABLE WOMEN IN THIS WORLD. HE WILL FIND THEM, MARRY THEM, AND ENJOY PEACE OF MIND. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. BUT YOU THINK IT'S NOT BECAUSE YOU'RE USED TO HAVING MEN ACCEPT ALL THE GARBAGES Y'ALL GO AROUND WITH.

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by ACE1010: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2022
I salute your honesty and courage bro!!!! grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by lookingfly: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2022
brownsugarvk:
See them.. They talked about how much to spend, it resulted that they are sharing it 1500 per person and the girl exhausted hers... Will her name change if she is contented with the one she got? Remember the guy is the one paying OK not the girl. She even got angry... You come dey support her.. E be like say na the kind life u dey live..

the day you will spend 1500 on your BF...... Twitter and Instagram will hear about it.......ladies should learn to be contempted, grateful and respectful. If she had simply paid for the dodo herself without even asking from the guy, am sure he will give her the money back but as usual most ladies are depended on their BF and husband's financially but they will always claim they're not.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Enwhen(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2022
Premiumwriter:
Why not sit her down and talk instead of all these tests.

If you want to start cutting cost. Tell her straight.

Seriously, I don't understand all these testing of a thing.

Even Jesus say do not tempt the lord your God.

Talk more of you testing another person. And you are just going to judge her by just one act?

Na today ?, Be it a boy or girl ...presently , secrete tests r the best... The deceiption r too much... He did a nice test, and got a good results ...why can't she bring the N450 from her pocket to support her guy if she must eat the fried plantain ?, The guy that took a lesser bill cannot eat plantain after she took even more him ?, ...it is clear , the wanted a supportive wife , and this has proved that the girl is not one... Atleast use ur own money to make up for the plantain...

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Privatepart00: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:

You really did well to stand your ground. Once I have paid for the amount I have in mind . Any other thing the person is ordering, she pays for it . I don’t flinch, would be happy if the girl refuses to eat .
For abandoning the food for you, that’s the end of including her while getting mine . Let her sort herself till she uses her brain.

Reminds me of the day I cooked ogbono soup , my girl was around , but couldn’t cook with the excuse that she’s having headache and too hungry as well to do the cooking. I was cooking she was watching me and laughing, pressing phone. When I finished dish out the mountain garri as I like and served hers too . She opted to eat with me , told her is not happening, I am already use to eating alone as that’s how our parents brought us up. She said no that if I don’t allow her eat with me , she wouldn’t eat again. I finished cooking by 4pm ,my girl refuse to eat the food till 11pm, not sure if I got the time well as I slept by 10pm . I was just laughing inside as she didn’t know what’s in my head . Going forward she hasn’t made such suggestion again , as my answer still be same any day.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by seyoops4u: 11:04am On Mar 31, 2022
This line is soo wrong ......
rickleye:

because she will pay with copulation later on. Its give and take later on.

C'mon... I guess she's only good for that and that's all she brings to the table.

It's better he starts letting her know what he doesn't like and can't condole in marriage. This is how its starts.

2 Likes

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by CAPSLOCKED: 11:05am On Mar 31, 2022
seyoops4u:
Just in case you don't know that he budgeted 3k does not mean he really want to spend it all. It only means if they really have to go beyond then 3k is limit.

Contentment is the issue here. Afterall, he discussed it with her before going to the restaurant that 1500 each.

Reason why most of Ladies have failed relationship/marriage. Small issue that can be resolved.
Her man already told her he's trying to cut down cost and instead she activated her gluttony spirit..

SHE SPENT HER OWN 1500 AND NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT ADDING DODO UNTIL SHE SAW MY MAN TRYING TO SAVE PART OF HIS 1500. SHE THEN ABANDONED THE FOOD SHE ALREADY ORDERED, IN ANNOYANCE, THAT MY MAN WHO HAS BEEN FUNDING HER LIFE FOR YEARS, REFUSED TO LET HER TAKE HIS 450. cheesy

AT THIS POINT SHE'LL DUMP HIM FOR THE NEXT GUY THAT'LL BUY HER PLANTAINS. THAT'S WHY WE PREACH THAT EVERY SACRIFICE YOU MAKE FOR WOMEN ARE NULL AND VOID THE MINUTE YOU DON'T MAKE ANYMORE. DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU'VE BEEN DOING FOR AGES. IF YOU CAN'T PROVIDE 450 DODO AFTER INVESTING MILLIONS ON HER YOUR RELATIONSHIP IS THREATENED cheesy.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by DCmonster: 11:07am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

I [b]mean if you have the money, why not spend it? [/b]Life isnt that deep abeg. Nigerian men should actually calm down.

Why not spend your own money.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by emmanbol: 11:10am On Mar 31, 2022
Women are not Property to be Owned. You are not sincere person, you agreed to #3000 and you didn't exhaust yours, so, it is no big deal if she balances it.

TheOldGods:

Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Dgamer: 11:12am On Mar 31, 2022
Animegirl:
cheesy

typical of Nigerian women, you have resorted to emotional blackmail.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 11:13am On Mar 31, 2022
TheOldGods:
not just one act, she is always looking for ways to blackmail me
Lol you are taking life too serious just because of all what you read here on Nairaland and you also want to show off as a redpiller or something lol. This is no issue, every lady loves to be pampered, and it is normal. She already did what most ladies would never do, using her own money to pay for food lol to be honest, I don’t fancy that at all o! I can give you all the money with me, fine but this splitting of bills usually creates division amongst couples so be very careful. You can have a joint account and if you are a good faithful type, she handing over all her money to you shouldn’t be a problem? Instead of splitting bills like strangers.

You guys don’t know what it means to love unconditionally.
Re: Today I Was Very Strict To My Girlfriend And She Did This by NOwazobia: 11:13am On Mar 31, 2022
zexy2030:

You are not ready to settle down. A woman does not like hearing budget, she must exhaust the budget. After eve tasted all the fruits in the Garden, why was she always staring at the forbidden. Women hate to hear limit but they enjoy control not freedom. Be the man next time.
LMAO @ the bolded. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

15 Lies You’ll Hear When A Nigerian Guy Likes You / 2 Gorgeous Slay Queens Called Out For 'Seducing' Men / Five Signs You Have Expired In Her Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.