Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,804 members, 7,810,094 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss (47212 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by kingemaker(m): 3:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
Smells like tales by moonlight, Chevron has a standard whistle blowing policy. Why didn't you report via this channel and let them do an independent investigation? I don't want to believe you were ignorant of this.

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2022
That's why I don't gym too much

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by hopexter(m): 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
Brandonx:

So because I don’t believe this schiesse I’m gay undecided wow
Even if I’m gay so ?

That’s how they reason just cos your opinion doesn’t align with his. Bunch of enslaved illiterates undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by aikyg(m): 3:07pm On Apr 07, 2022
Wow! You over reacted. He did nothing wrong by trying to get down with you. You did not only reject him; you shamed him and even asked him if he would want to have a gay son. That is not how you treat people, even if you do not want to be sexually intimate with them.
I hope you have learnt your lessons, though. Good luck!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Emoc: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
Brandonx:

So because I don’t believe this schiesse I’m gay undecided wow
Even if I’m gay so ?

No one cares.
He just described you - GAYbriel.

9 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Ishilove: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2022
OP, your story no dey finish

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Ishilove: 3:09pm On Apr 07, 2022
kingemaker:
Smells like tales by moonlight, Chevron has a standard whistle blowing policy. Why didn't you report via this channel and let them do an independent investigation? I don't want to believe you were ignorant of this.
Go through the OP's profile and see that he is a story teller with a very active imagination

15 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by descarado: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Go through the OP's profile and see that he is a story teller with a very active imagination
cheesy
Wasting his talent.
He may have become a bestseller by now

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by pargelenis(m): 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:
OP, I don't know how true this is, …
The OP manufactures many sweet stories … check out his topics. NL mods love his creativity => NL traffic magnet grin

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by PENNYSWAP: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
There's no evidence bro. Just my words against his. Everything happened far away from camera coverage. They are smart and more conscious of cameras and the public.
I could have reported him, yes! But, not enough evidence. You don't need to imagine the kind of person the HR was. I would have ended up in the media and the case would have been buried like others. Somethings are no secrets in the oil and gas. 95% are extremely immoral and have more bones under their couches than what you are trying to uncover. This is my own experience, I saw worse with others.

Best thing is to walk away than be buried. Don't you ever pray to be at the mercy of a merciless man.

You are dull

Very dull

What stops you from black mailing him and giving the tape to a third party

Or you invite him over to your place and set him up ........ then get evidence

If he was a lady boss I sure say u go Bleep

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Skillsnigeria: 3:10pm On Apr 07, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
Brandonx:
Lies undecided
I don’t know why nairaland mods bring people’s sexual fantasies on front page. The other day one narrated a fake story and it made front page. smh

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Or11: 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
Seun and lala, you guys should edit the company name to oil company. E get why.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by charlesdinho7(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
the lifestyle i so much hate and detest is homosexuality. especially gays. i hate them

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Brandonx(m): 3:12pm On Apr 07, 2022
Emoc:

No one cares.
He just described you - GAYbriel.

Fooooool

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Gaddafi1: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
My brother, you did the right thing by rejecting him and for sure God will provide another job. Please take a step further by opening an email account with a different name if you want to be anonymous and forward this information to all your contact in Chevron including the man's manager, supervisor, JV director and every other person that matters in Chevron. Evil thrives when good people keep quiet, that man needs to be exposed.
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Geenosko: 3:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Easy with the lies.

Organizations like Chevron don't fire people without due process.

On what grounds was your appointment terminated?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by WoundedLamb: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
pargelenis:
The OP manufactures many sweet stories … check out his topics. NL mods love his creativity, NL traffic magnet grin

Oh... I see. cheesy
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Hssd8: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
I also was a victim ones. When I was in school overseas, a guy local / citizen of the country approached me in the super market ... So nice to me , offered to take me home upon reaching my house he requested he want to come in as He entered he started approaching me ...... I chased him out of my house I'm still traumatised up till today . I feel your pain and sorry for your loss ... Better days ahead.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Neddstark: 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
If it is me, i will expose him. He will have to choose between firing me and coming out of the closet.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Truvelisback(m): 3:14pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
I'm just Salt of words.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by meeketta: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
In the middle of the night, i had walk away from the house of my uncle who was gay. The tried to make advancement toward me.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by illicit(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
U ain't smart

How did u get d job sef

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Morale51(m): 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
How does my comment make it to front page?�
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by GloriousGbola: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bullshit

The oil majors are unionised. You cannot sack staff at will.

I remeber one time one ceo said - the hardest thing in this company is sacking staff.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Ecbatana: 3:15pm On Apr 07, 2022
I have a thread on my moniker where I narrated my own experience. It's really sad.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Caseless: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

You should have lured him in and gotten more evidence using your best friend - at least exchange text messages with him. This could have helped you to nail him and remain on your job.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Geenosko: 3:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Let me add a very fertile imagination.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by DroppingLiquid: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

You should have started wearing same cloths for 5 days without perf, covered in body odor and not brushing your teeth. Also not hitting the gym and gaining belly fat. The goal of course to appear unappealing to him. But I bet you never stopped doing your fine boy, did ya?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by prodigy1(m): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
You are no more with the company. Tell us his name with your full chest and let’s prevent others from falling prey.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.