Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,544 members, 7,816,324 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss (47239 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
texazzpete:

The guy is 100% right. Not only can your immediate boss not fire you in a multinational company like that, but there’s nothing in your story that says you tried to bring this up to HR.

But you’re the same person with the story of how the daughter of your boss is trying to seduce you. Same person who a 14 year old is infatuated with. Same person whose friend’s wife wants to sleep with him.

Why do you post these lies on Nairaland? Do you thrive off the engagement? Why not pursue more reasonable hobbies?
Bro, why are you relitigating my conversations here? I ain't under investigation, am I?
I simply feel like sharing a part of me online anonymously. How does that discredit my post? Some of these things happen at different stages of my life. I have lived, bro. I have stories for days.

If I were a liar, which true victim out here in Nigeria have you voiced out support for?
Who beyond your family and close pals have you selflessly reached out to?
Have you investigated any true victim this way so as to lend a hand?

Bro, if actuality is your domain, there are many that you walk past every day and pretend not to see.
Feee me!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by tonididdy(m): 8:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
justscorchone:
That's why I don't gym too much
grin make dem for not dey eye your yansh grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Foolishbuhari: 9:01pm On Apr 07, 2022
gibzzhd:

The taste of any food is in the eating. You don taste am to see whether na the dripping pussy sweet pass?

Hahahaha
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Fantazy(m): 9:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
I wonder how a man would be moved by his fellow man's body, Gosh!
Even some women are tasteless talkless of a fellow guy.
This thing is spiritual (evil)!
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by SilvanusII(m): 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2022
You got axed after 17 months Loool. If I start on your case, you probably wouldn't last a month. You probably lasted that long because he liked you.
I think I might understand that your productivity became low because of his presence around you, but chile you were sacked because you no do your work. No dey find person to blame
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by pryme(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
aikyg:
Wow! You over reacted. He did nothing wrong by trying to get down with you. You did not only reject him; you shamed him and even asked him if he would want to have a gay son. That is not how you treat people, even if you do not want to be sexually intimate with them.
I hope you have learnt your lessons, though. Good luck!
F-a-g spotted

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by IamAsiri: 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Uprightness100:
You Did well!
You Pleased ABBA FATHER!
I can Imagine the Joy that must Have filled the ANCIENT of Days .
No amount of Riches and Wealth is worth your soul in Eternity!
No advancement or position is worth your soul in Eternity!
You Have made GOD HAPPY !
DADDY will Give you much more !

Amen!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by arizon101(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2022
hopeforcharles:

You are a gaybriel

Madooo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Poleski: 11:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

You had several golden opportunities to nail him with evidence by recording your interactions with him, but you blew them! Without evidence, you have nothing on him, and most people won't believe you. Why didn't you talk to a good lawyer?

If I were you, I would either be working there still or leave with a big bang! The latter meaning, with evidence of his gay advances, He would have been sacked too, and you would have been compensated for the illegal sacking via a court of law. In fact, the company would have chosen to settle you heavily out of court to keep you from ruining the company's image!

You should have gotten something with your dignity still intact rather than nothing with zero job or compensation.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Richardlove(m): 12:17am On Apr 08, 2022
You seem not to really have problem with homosexuality but you are just not smart enough to know what you wanted. You thought the scene was gonna be forever but lo and behold it came much earlier than you thought and you were kicked. How can your bestie be a latent bi-sextual and you seem not to make the best from your gay boss kind gesture?
You thought everyone will read just the words of your story and cow-in but thank Jah for we that read beyond the physical letters. Please up your authorship skills. You might make a living from that.
Finally, I beg you in the name of Jah can you give me the contact if that your boss if you still have it? I want to meet him and I don't mean any harm, thanks.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by lendahand(m): 12:58am On Apr 08, 2022
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u
you're richer and smarter than Jude. He's damned!!
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 4:32am On Apr 08, 2022
To walk away is the best decision,flee from what God detest... homosexuality is even morally wrong...

God will see you through and put smile on your face sooner than you expect!

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 ESV /

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not
inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived:
neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor
adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor
thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers,
nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Popjoan1: 4:40am On Apr 08, 2022
Brandonx:

So because I don’t believe this schiesse I’m gay undecided wow
Even if I’m gay so ?
you are useless - according to the British prime minister.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by JomoGbomo2(m): 5:44am On Apr 08, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Thank you, Mr. Chevron. You remain the sagacious emperor and almighty knower. Same reason that I chose not to be brought before people like you. Cos' a victim has to prove his innocence. You are the kind that sit on panels to judge victims. What case can a victim present to someone with your antagonistic judgement stand?

What you need now are details. Provide this and provide that... while debunking everything presented. Are you a jury to demand details? You went ahead relegating the victim further by categorising him. What difference does category provide in crediting your antagonism? If I mention your father's name, What would be your next move? Simply push back and vilify the victim the more.

Stop exuberating in your contumacious pride. The world is larger than your bubble. It is over a decade now and I am not here to seek your support. I am only telling my history to pave the way for others who are or may experience this in the future. If you read what I wrote correctly as the Mr. Sage that you are, you would see the timeline.

I said that my final YEAR was horrendous. I didn't say that I was fired outrightly for declining sexual requests. It was a chain reaction.

I won’t go on an emotional rant/blackmail like you just did……….Also the title of your post read “Fired” by a gay boss”………….Anyways When you include half-details in a story, you will be challenged. When you put names of people/organizations/places you will be challenged because you maybe making an unintentional damage to the reputation of such name and you should be ready to defend it if called upon.

Your story could be told without naming the company just like you didn’t name the supposed person that harassed you. This will in no way diminish your “truth” but when you include names then be ready to defend yourself.

Like a stated earlier, your story is not 100% true and you know that in your mind. To all victims out there, learn to tell your story with the truth that it demands. I believe victims should share their stories but I also believe if supposed victim includes a name then such name has the right to defend their reputation.

Do they have LGTBQ in chevron Nigeria? Hell yes….I know a couple myself but the likelihood of them harassing the OP the way he described is low due to the company open policies (which is known to them) and their training.

So OP, provide more details by answering the questions or edit your story to remove the names

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Kobicove(m): 5:56am On Apr 08, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Thank you, Mr. Chevron. You remain the sagacious emperor and almighty knower. Same reason that I chose not to be brought before people like you. Cos' a victim has to prove his innocence. You are the kind that sit on panels to judge victims. What case can a victim present to someone with your antagonistic judgement stand?

What you need now are details. Provide this and provide that... while debunking everything presented. Are you a jury to demand details? You went ahead relegating the victim further by categorising him. What difference does category provide in crediting your antagonism? If I mention your father's name, What would be your next move? Simply push back and vilify the victim the more.

Stop exuberating in your contumacious pride. The world is larger than your bubble. It is over a decade now and I am not here to seek your support. I am only telling my history to pave the way for others who are or may experience this in the future. If you read what I wrote correctly as the Mr. Sage that you are, you would see the timeline.

I said that my final YEAR was horrendous. I didn't say that I was fired outrightly for declining sexual requests. It was a chain reaction.

If you were bold enough to tell us the name of the company then you should also be bold enough to tell us the name of your department and your primary location.

Your story is 100% bullsh1t and I can prove it because I have firsthand experience of how things are done in a standard multinational company.

Stop posting lies here!
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Asher79: 5:59am On Apr 08, 2022
Oh, well, it's a great thing that you kept your dignity intact by refusing to compromise your spirituality, faith and conscience. It's definitely not an easy place to be in. However, there are ways you could have held that ode of a boss to his balls without making any compromise or even losing your job in the process, but rather keep the stupid goat on his knees for as long as you wished. You could have used available technology to covertly film him. All it takes is to hatch a well-thought-out plan to set him up for his mighty downfall. This is where reverse blackmail comes in handy. But I'm not sure such an idea ever crossed your mind, or even if it did, you just didn't have the will to go through the trouble to protect yourself and your job. But all the same, kudos to you. Best wishes.

Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:10am On Apr 08, 2022
SilvanusII:
You got axed after 17 months Loool. If I start on your case, you probably wouldn't last a month. You probably lasted that long because he liked you.
I think I might understand that your productivity became low because of his presence around you, but chile you were sacked because you no do your work. No dey find person to blame
Okay. I heard you.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:54am On Apr 08, 2022
Poleski:

You had several golden opportunities to nail him with evidence by recording your interactions with him, but you blew them! Without evidence, you have nothing on him, and most people won't believe you. Why didn't you talk to a good lawyer?

If I were you, I would either be working there still or leave with a big bang! The latter meaning, with evidence of his gay advances, He would have been sacked too, and you would have been compensated for the illegal sacking via a court of law. In fact, the company would have chosen to settle you heavily out of court to keep you from ruining the company's image!

You should have gotten something with your dignity still intact rather than nothing with zero job or compensation.
I ended up fine bro. God day. It is not my battle. Hindsight is 20/20.
Asking a swimmer to obtain evidence of the shark that chopped his limb off would be a shock to many. He was nice to me at first. Who would have predicted the ending of our relationship? I didn't see it heading that way or I may have been too confident that I got control over it.

You do not have details of the next friend that will betray you, do you? Some things are inexplicable. It's like subtle racism. You suffer but you can't explain it. He didn't fire me outrightly. There was a chain reaction. You know how an offence can get so much heat that it begins to flame. Thing is, I can't explain it but we both knew why. I had seen him in his insecure state and he just wanted to get rid of me.

Bro, I am fine. I am not counting a loss. I put this out there to bring awareness to what men go through in the place of work. Extend your pity to those guys who will not be able to make it after such ordeal. It happened many years ago.

Many people screaming fight back, get lawyer, this and that do not know the costs. They are only told of the victories by those who imagine that we live in a world of justice. Lawyers are not cheap and the man equally has that option. Choose your battle. I am educated enough to know the stakes. The other guy said punch him, but many men are in prison for punching. Who of those men have reached out to them?

I am not seeking sympathy. It happened many ago.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:03am On Apr 08, 2022
Kobicove:

If you were bold enough to tell us the name of the company then you should also be bold enough to tell us the name of your department and your primary location.

Your story is 100% bullsh1t and I can prove it because I have firsthand experience of how things are done in a standard multinational company.

Stop posting lies here!
I didn't compel you to read my composition. I don't owe you an explanation. Can you get busy with your life and leave me alone?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Brandonx(m): 7:19am On Apr 08, 2022
Popjoan1:
you are useless - according to the British prime minister.
Just like your parents
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:31am On Apr 08, 2022
Do you have something troubling you about what I wrote? Are you going to direct my expression and command me? I can back up whatever I say if I am called to the stand. I am not naive. I have much more injustices that I witnessed during my time there and if I blow the cover, it will be worse off than this. Why are you trying to defend an nentity and who gave you that right? Where are you when chevron pollutes the Niger Delta region. Where is your voice? Where is your voice against tribalism in Chevron?

Oga, if you do not like what I wrote, who cares? I wrote what I wrote and it must stay that way. I have my fundamental right to tell my tales. Stop trying to hush victims because you want to protect an entity's reputation. You will never believe me even if I call names. I do not need your vote of confidence. I simply need you to get lost and never be found. If you do not understand me, get lost again. Go and interchange with those whom you believe.
JomoGbomo2:

I won’t go on an emotional rant/blackmail like you just did……….Also the title of your post read “Fired” by a gay boss”………….Anyways When you include half-details in a story, you will be challenged. When you put names of people/organizations/places you will be challenged because you maybe making an unintentional damage to the reputation of such name and you should be ready to defend it if called upon.

Your story could be told without naming the company just like you didn’t name the supposed person that harassed you. This will in no way diminish your “truth” but when you include names then be ready to defend yourself.

Like a stated earlier, your story is not 100% true and you know that in your mind. To all victims out there, learn to tell your story with the truth that it demands. I believe victims should share their stories but I also believe if supposed victim includes a name then such name has the right to defend their reputation.

Do they have LGTBQ in chevron Nigeria? Hell yes….I know a couple myself but the likelihood of them harassing the OP the way he described is low due to the company open policies (which is known to them) and their training.

So OP, provide more details by answering the questions or edit your story to remove the names
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by berbs: 7:41am On Apr 08, 2022
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u

There may be consequences though. But all in all, it's an individual choice. Lots of folks are doing it to get jobs because the country no easy. Wishing you all the best bro.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Lepon02: 8:24am On Apr 08, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Thank God you escaped without him decapitating your as...shole with his co...ck! grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by favouredpikin: 9:07am On Apr 08, 2022
the mistake is from you OP. All these while this was going on, you would have gotten an evidence so that when the panel is set up against you. you will show up the evidence. A world where there are alot of gadgets to collect evidence. even if its a voice note.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by donbenie(m): 9:15am On Apr 08, 2022
Brandonx:
Lies undecided
Everything is lies to you people,unless it is by your Charlatan Pastors.. angry

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Brandonx(m): 9:38am On Apr 08, 2022
donbenie:
Everything is lies to you people,unless it is by your Charlatan Pastors.. angry
Why bring pastors into this ?
You don’t even know if I’m an idol worshiper goat.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by JomoGbomo2(m): 3:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Do you have something troubling you about what I wrote? Are you going to direct my expression and command me? I can back up whatever I say if I am called to the stand. I am not naive. I have much more injustices that I witnessed during my time there and if I blow the cover, it will be worse off than this. Why are you trying to defend an nentity and who gave you that right? Where are you when chevron pollutes the Niger Delta region. Where is your voice? Where is your voice against tribalism in Chevron?

Oga, if you do not like what I wrote, who cares? I wrote what I wrote and it must stay that way. I have my fundamental right to tell my tales. Stop trying to hush victims because you want to protect an entity's reputation. You will never believe me even if I call names. I do not need your vote of confidence. I simply need you to get lost and never be found. If you do not understand me, get lost again. Go and interchange with those whom you believe.

You are a liar…..your story is a lie. Simple.

We are not talking about tribalism neither are we talking about environmental pollution here so don’t mix up issues, that’s what liars do when they are busted.
You don’t just accuse someone or an entity and expect us to believe you hook line and sinker.

This is not an attempt to hush any victim, victims should tell their stories in truth without maligning others.

Learn to tell your story with Truth.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Popjoan1: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
Brandonx:

Just like My parents
uh,poor thing cry
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sixfiguresmart(m): 7:20pm On Apr 08, 2022
JomoGbomo2:

You are a liar…..your story is a lie. Simple.

We are not talking about tribalism neither are we talking about environmental pollution here so don’t mix up issues, that’s what liars do when they are busted.
You don’t just accuse someone or an entity and expect us to believe you hook line and sinker.

This is not an attempt to hush any victim, victims should tell their stories in truth without maligning others.

Learn to tell your story with Truth.
Get lost
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Richardlove(m): 8:32am On Apr 09, 2022
Biko, senu, ejo OP, in the name of Jah, I dey beg you with my two kneels on ground, can you give me the number of that your boss. This is the second time I'm begging for it should you still have it. Note, I don't mean harm in any way. I want to make the best use of it.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by efe21: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2022
Richardlove:
Biko, senu, ejo OP, in the name of Jah, I dey beg you with my two kneels on ground, can you give me the number of that your boss. This is the second time I'm begging for it should you still have it. Note, I don't mean harm in any way. I want to make the best use of it.

A chronic Gaybriel spotted ����.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.