Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,497 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss (47245 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Prettygirl200(f): 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
Honestly u did well, I have had desame experience with someone I worked with two years ago my boss who was a lady was a lesbian, though it will always end in them sacking u when u don't comply

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.
You don go copy article from another site come paste am here as if you are the victim.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by inforesource: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
It happens to me too in Ibadan, the man was working in one of these new generation banks, now merged with another bank now.
I was perplexed. I couldn't believe it until I knew it was not a joke. Then I changed my room and went to the sitting room.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by adonaimart(m): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
To our didn't do well and I am disappointed you acted so unprofessionally.

Chevron has robust systems in place for things like this.

And you could have consulted your lawyer rather you chose someone not well versed.

Please let everyone know we have rights and it's a silly excuse to say you can't win.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Upworkwriter007(f): 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Chevron has a strict policy against sexual harassment, and you know that. Why not file a case against your boss. All you need is an evidence. Sexual harassers don't like to take no, especially when they're of a higher societal strata. Now an abuser is going to be having a field day preying on others in the organization.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by zed7: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
You weren't smart. You could have recorded your conversations. Na so e easy to sack, especially if you're hardworking?
This is 'Chevron', not Okoro and Sons. Let's pretend we believe the story.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Feggie3: 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u
. Are you serious or you are joking?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Ximenez(m): 3:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kobicove:
You expect me to believe that a bloody gay forced you out of your job in an oil company?!!! undecided

I have worked in a multinational company and I know that they usually have zero tolerance for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Why did you not report him?

By the way...I don't believe this story
I wonder how his fake stories keep making it to FP.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2022
Beat up the disgusting boss.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
grin The Guy wearing Gstring is quite funny ..biko who is the lady between both of you?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Czario: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Congratulations OP, divine promotion awaits you .if you know how much God despises gay acts and gay marriage...

If he doesn't destroy this world especially gay pride countries with fire "Sodom and Gomorrha will rise up against me on the day of judgement"
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Ijaya123: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

If I was in your shoes, I would have done exactly the same thing you did.

I like men like you. (No homo thing intended though. grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by EkoErrands: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

With my long temper, my office will officially write me to explain why I fractured my bosses neck so they can decide whether to sack me or sack him

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by parkervero(m): 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

Write another fictional story that's more entertaining than this. Your fart interview story is outstanding than this.

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by JaskanFactor: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
Thanks for sharing your experience, i too noticed in recent years the gay people have become very forward, when they used to hide it before, now its going in the direction of you cannot work or socialise if you not in with the thing. But the gay agenda is only the start of new social trends that will force many away from society.

I say to young people, if you not into the dark side stuff, dont plan a future career where you gona work in an office, better to open a shop, or train for work that can be done online as a freelancer.

I say this cause there is nobody in the world checking to make sure that the moral standard in work place is hygienic enough for human being.
In my case i ran away from Siemens in Europe cause of Oyinbo VooDoo in the office, i did not even collect my final salary, slept in my car for the following three months.

Planning a future where you get locked up in room with strangers for most the day is a very bad idea, unless you are into the shit, and those into the shit know themselves from as early as primary school.

As it says in the bible, the world is moving in the direction where you wount be able to buy or sell if you not down with the crap.

And the big international bluechip companies where everybody wants to work are the very worst for this type of crap.

And yellow people have the most filthy minds.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by kingemaker(m): 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2022
Ishilove:

Go through the OP's profile and see that he is a story teller with a very active imagination

Lol, didn't bother checking. grin

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Pascaldebravoo: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

You have chosen the best, man. You did the right thing before God and you can be sure that God took note of everything. The holy Bible tells us that it is better to do the right thing and suffer injustice than suffering for your own wrongdoing.
It is just a matter of time you will be lifted beyond your widest imagination. May grace unlimited locate you right there where you are and may your uplifting come faster than your expectations. A better opportunity than the one you lost is coming your way—just be patient.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Idaytesj29(m): 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
angelfallz:
Next time gather evidence and expose that homosexual. Also, that your so called bestie, you better throw him into the Dustbin.

Also, even without evidence report him!

Let it be on record. So, that anyone else that reports him in the future they would be able to establish a pattern of sexual harassment.

This is the right thing to do OP.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Feggie3: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
JaskanFactor:
Thanks for sharing your experience, i too noticed in recent years the gay people have become very forward, when they used to hide it before, now its going in the direction of you cannot work or socialise if you not in with the thing. But the gay agenda is only the start of new social trends that will force many away from society.

I say to young people, if you not into the dark side stuff, dont plan a future career where you gona work in an office, better to open a shop, or train for work that can be done online as a freelancer.

I say this cause there is nobody in the world checking to make sure that the moral standard in work place is hygienic enough for human being.
In my case i ran away from Siemens in Europe cause of Oyinbo VooDoo in the office, i did not even collect my final salary, slept in my car for the following three months.

Planning a future where you get locked up in room with strangers for most the day is a very bad idea, unless you are into the shit, and those into the shit know themselves from as early as primary school.

As it says in the bible, the world is moving in the direction where you wount be able to buy or sell if you not down with the crap.

And the big international bluechip companies where everybody wants to work are the very worst for this type of crap.

And yellow people have the most filthy minds.
Ode! You have a psychiatric problem. See the way u have been talking to yourself by talking off point.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Tonytonex(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2022
Na God save you.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by donjazet(m): 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:
OP, I don't know how true this is, but it's not entirely unbelievable cause these things really happen. Though it would have been better if you had told us the events that eventually led to you getting kicked out, so we can decide for ourselves to what extent they are connected to your "love affair" with the boss. Nevertheless, this is does not undermine your story cause whether you got kicked out or not and whether you really did something bad to justify or necessitate getting kicked out do change the fact that your boss erred.

I don't care about his sexuality. He was going to cheat on his wife. He was going to violate office policies by trying to engage his junior colleague in an amorous relationship. He didn't know when to stop. And to make it worse, he allowed that to influence his disposition towards you. Such people shouldn't be in corporate organizations. I mean, if you went through this in the hands of a man who is a member of the minority in terms of sexual orientation, can we now begin to imagine what ladies go through everyday? It's so disconcerting and it pains me that you guys take these things without having anyone to run to. Otherwise, you shouldn't leave your job in a multinational organization cause of one man who's not the owner. That bit is hard to believe cause such organizations have strong HR. What's the worst that could happen? You were already on your way out anyway.

Sorry about your ordeal. He will meet his match some day.

Insightful!
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Sheunnery63: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sorry bro. Better job coming your way soon. Stay strong �
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by blessed2share: 3:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

I'm not saying you're lying o but most of those big companies (especially in oil and gas) do not sack people indiscriminately like that. It's not a one man company. Where was your NUPENG or PENGASSAN when this happened? You could be made to remain on the same grade for long but sacking/termination does not come easily like that unless you steal or commit acts of violence. That's why people dey wan die inside those multinationals once dem put head. Even if dem no promote you, salary go still dey rest for account.

Like I said, I just talk my own o. I no talk say you dey lie.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by bukatyne(f): 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
LikeAking:
Ageg go rest. U get job, only you enjoy. Did u elp any one during this 3 years?

OP rest.

Na only una dey get the Oil and gas jobs, abeg free us.

What kind of devilish, myopic, poverty inspired, greedy and crablike thinking is this?

Did he help anyone?

Seriously?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by ajayiopy: 3:32pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:

MY BROTHER YOU DID WHAT IS RIGHT. JUST KEEP PRAYING TO GOD TO PROVIDE YOU WITH BETTER OPPORTUNITIES. IF YOUR FEILD IS ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE,DO NOT LIMIT YOUR SEARCH TO NIGERIA ALONE. IT WILL END WITH GOOD TESTIMONIES
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Legendoo: 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2022
Someone you suppose cast his name for here or better yet twitter.

I don tell una say those gays are oliriburikus. Imagine e don start since 14 meaning someone possibly abused him to, now he is the abuser..that's how the gay network operates.

If to say na abroad, you for cash out, unfortunately Nigeria law's no dey work.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Foolishbuhari: 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
aikyg:
Wow! You over reacted. He did nothing wrong by trying to get down with you. You did not only reject him; you shamed him and even asked him if he would want to have a gay son. That is not how you treat people, even if you do not want to be sexually intimate with them.
I hope you have learnt your lessons, though. Good luck!

Look at this fücking gay! He over reacted? Overreacting would be punching his G-string wearing ass in the face and tossing him around the room with same!

Then get good pictures to keep for reference purposes and it would have served in his present condition.

What the füuck happened to the succulent, sweet, wet dripping Pussy of a woman, that y'all prefer the hard ass/ dïck of another man?! Tueh!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by angelfallz(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
Lol. That your jude is less than a man.
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by angelfallz(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2022
What if it is true?
What if it is happening right now?
Mond05:
Omo eh
This guy fake stories jus dey mak FP
Bro next time use new monikers for this your fictions
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Aboks(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
Wonderful tnk God 4 u if na some guys dem 4 bust em anus
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by JaskanFactor: 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
Here is a similar story of popular Old School rapper Kidd Creole one of the founding members of Grand Master Flash.

He was walking down the street homosexual man propositioned him, and he stabbed the man to death, now he is going to jail

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2022/4/rap-pioneer-kidd-creole-found-guilty-in-stabbing-death-of-homeless-man.html

There are similar stories of separate 2 Nigerian men in USA that went to bed with woman that turned out to be a man in each case there was fatality and prison sentence.

This shit is getting out of control , and its not going to end well, especially for those that want to impose their filth on others.

The other day i called a guy to corner to ask where i could get some weed, he thought i was looking for gay.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by angelfallz(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2022
It is because of the bolded, that so many men keep quiet about sexual harassment. Please change your way of thinking.
I'm sure if it were a woman, you would be ready to fight and break bottle.
Kobicove:
You expect me to believe that a bloody gay forced you out of your job in an oil company?!!! undecided

I have worked in a multinational company and I know that they usually have zero tolerance for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Why did you not report him?

By the way...I don't believe this story

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.