Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss (47281 Views)

Nigerian Lady Fired From New Job In Canada For Saying Sorry Too Much / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. / These 5 Innocent/casual Habits Will Get You Fired From Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by chloride6: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
Kobicove:
You expect me to believe that a bloody gay forced you out of your job in an oil company?!!! undecided

I have worked in a multinational company and I know that they usually have zero tolerance for sexual harassment in the workplace.

Why did you not report him?

By the way...I don't believe this story

Na mumu dey believe nonsense stories .
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by blesdman(m): 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2022
WoundedLamb:
OP, I don't know how true this is, but it's not entirely unbelievable cause these things really happen. Though it would have been better if you had told us the events that eventually led to you getting kicked out, so we can decide for ourselves to what extent they are connected to your "love affair" with the boss. Nevertheless, this is does not undermine your story cause whether you got kicked out or not and whether you really did something bad to justify or necessitate getting kicked out do change the fact that your boss erred.

I don't care about his sexuality. He was going to cheat on his wife. He was going to violate office policies by trying to engage his junior colleague in an amorous relationship. He didn't know when to stop. And to make it worse, he allowed that to influence his disposition towards you. Such people shouldn't be in corporate organizations. I mean, if you went through this in the hands of a man who is a member of the minority in terms of sexual orientation, can we now begin to imagine what ladies go through everyday? It's so disconcerting and it pains me that you guys take these things without having anyone to run to. Otherwise, you shouldn't leave your job in a multinational organization cause of one man who's not the owner. That bit is hard to believe cause such organizations have strong HR. What's the worst that could happen? You were already on your way out anyway.

Sorry about your ordeal. He will meet his match some day.
Organisations in Nigeria do not take the inputs of their HR seriously. I have seen work bullying not treated
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by unyted(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2022
Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

This is a cooked up story bro. It’s almost impossible to be sacked baselessly in a unionized environment. Chevron has HR! Isn’t it? So you couldn’t complain? Stop forming fake stories jare. Thank you.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by unyted(m): 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2022
blesdman:

Organisations in Nigeria do not take the inputs of their HR seriously. I have seen work bullying not treated

Not in a unionized environment. That story is rubbish. It can only happen in a one man business or a weak establishment NOT a global organization like Chevron
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by unyted(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
marsup:
I don't think a gay man in Nigeria will just come on to you like that.... Again, you had an advantage if the story is true. You could have reported to the HR.
It's a multi national company, you can't just fired when your boss sexually harassed you.

The guy na brutal liar, don’t mind him
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by TheWolfen(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u

So Jude block your line?
Nawa for Jude o. Such is life.
Pls don't envy him o. God will lift you up at your own time.
Unfortunately Jude made the wrong choice
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Abeg go find one shithole plug in your prick so body go calm you .
Brandonx:

So because I don’t believe this schiesse I’m gay undecided wow
Even if I’m gay so ?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by membranus: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2022
LikeAking:
Ageg go rest. U get job, only you enjoy. Did u elp any one during this 3 years?

OP rest.

Na only una dey get the Oil and gas jobs, abeg free us.

A gayman sighted.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by bellyjean(m): 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2022
I can relate @OP

I had an encounter in Chevron too @Escravos Terminal in 2016. The guy is nicknamed cool cool cool and he never hid his personality.

He was in charge of the daily inspection of the storage tank my employer worked on. He noticed me and developed interest in me. My coworkers advised that I handle him with wisdom.

We talked and he was not afraid to tell me how he became gay and how he loves it "big and turgid". He told me he knew people that matter and has travelled a lot.

He was married with two kids at that time; all were in Ghana.

When I told him I came from Osun State, he recalled his trip to Erin Ijesa waterfalls with a boyfriend and jokingly asked if I would love to invite him.

We talked a lot, he stalked me for a while. He would sit in front of me during lunch and dinner. One time like that, he secretly took a photo of me grin while eating, but his camera shutter sound exposed him. cheesy cheesy

Funny guy though. He did ask if I could come see him in his quarters, I declined. But he was not the aggressive type. He is the weaker vessel grin grin. If you know what I mean cool. I learnt there were plenty alphas in escravos and he services them.

I only spent about 3months (cumulative) in escravos.

Many things dey happen Ooo.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by patjane(f): 4:50pm On Apr 07, 2022
I don't believe this story.. this can only happen in a one-man business..
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by pipnator00(m): 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2022
I dont know how true this story is but a part of the story or comment i read here struck me. Its something about them being smart.

They are always smart to spot there target. I remember the story of how they people molested a Hausa dude in one country like that.

I must add too, if you are young and plan on visiting any new country, abeg shine your eyes. Only God knows how these people can spot you as a new person from the midst of crowd. They can easily spot a new entrant to there country and mark them as target.

Again, if you are new to any country, any man or woman who is unusually friendly to you should be a suspect until he or she is cleared.

This reminds of way back when i was new outside Nigeria for school, once we enter club, they'd spot new entrants into the country even when you are midst of guys that have been in the country before you. They differentiate you from the older guys in the country.

And also, they can be daring, in my case i am over 6ft and was there for MBA, yet you'd see shorter guys making passes at you. The gruesome ones are those that have changed there look from man to woman. If you don't know, you'd be excited a girl is making pass at you until to find out its a man. I thank God for my friend from who picked me from the airport and enlightened me of all those BS before ever.

But these days, no such thing.

*** Anyone can associate with anyone they wish to but abusing or harassing anyone in whatever form should come with massive consequences.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Perewenkle1: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2022
Chevron is an international company and a USA one for that matter, sexual discrimination is a no no for big companies especially in USA, if you can prove what you said and link it to your dismissal for having done nothing wrong, I will suggest you get a lawyer. If what you said is true, he will do it again, a see potential for millions of $ lawsuits here.
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Penboy: 4:55pm On Apr 07, 2022
How does one share these stories to IG post and other social media self
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Atticusxsz(m): 4:57pm On Apr 07, 2022
I couldn't help but swim through your topics on nairaland and i just found out that, you're extremely good... too good to be wasting your ability and such rare talent on Nairaland.

Good to the point of having a blog and website of yours for your fictional stories while granting interviews, attending literary shows and signing autographs and be in the spotlight. It wouldn't be a bad idea if you do write for the renown sef. They'll be privileged to have you. Although, their stories is all fresh, but always reeking of gore and death 99.9% of the time. cry

Only you dey drop fictional hits back to back 5 consecutive times in a day, phew! shocked

Even the legendary singer Angelique Kidjo no drop hit songs reach your level of consistency.

You're suppose to have won pulitzer prize for fiction more than twice already.
You suppose to dey rub shoulders with great minds of same literary status and pedigree alike. Talk about Richard Powers, Donna Tarrt and the likes.

Nigga just be wasting talent upandan. cry

You ought to migrate to Sevenfiguresmart and not be stagnated on Sixfiguresmart boss. grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by biodunid: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2022
I had my baptism in *hell 21 years and three months ago. Like you I resisted and thank God the leader of the gay ring was eased out in 2004 so i could complete 20 years before finding my level for not unrelated issues now being promoted by the organization itself. You did right and just stay faithful to your God and conscience. I am 58 this month and can tell you I have absolutely no regrets. I can look back and see how life has panned out for many of us and, again, no regrets.

Sixfiguresmart:
Happy to get an oil and gas job. Dream come true. Everything was perfect with me. 3 years into my job, a new boss showed up. A light skin Nigerian male. His wife and kids were in Canada. I visit the gym 3x per week.

He requested to go to the same gym. Pretended to work out and asked that I mentored him. It all happened fast. I thought he was responsible as he was married. He started touching my body inappropriately. Caressing my chest holding my arms. Thought he was enamored by the muscles only. I would somehow break him off and redirect him to the session.

Then, after work it was about meeting me, talking to me, confiding in me. Initially, I was happy to build a close relationship with a boss. Of course, that's my career growth right there.

Not until, this night, he invited me over to his lounge. As soon i arrived, he undressed to a G-string, I was dazed for real. He tried to kissed me. I blocked it. Then, came the love, the feeling, and sex plea. So, I took my leave quickly. Felt disappointed and betrayed. I told no one but my bestie who laughed over it and made a mockery of the whole thing. Telling me that he would have busted his ass for the money.

All I needed was my job and no drama. He advanced toward me several times. Showered me with expensive stuff. I rejected everything he offered. I couldn't shake him anymore, no hugs, nothing. I felt truly perplexed cos he was very connected and has brothers and relatives in top positions in Chevron. I met with him, talked to him man to man politely. He told me he had been in it since he was 14. I asked him if he would love that life for his kids. He said, no! So, I told him that I have a faith, a conscience and a commitment to my God. That I would not entertain homosexuality. So, after more attempts, the hate set in.

Well, my final year in Chevron was horrendous until i finally got axed 17 months after my new boss showed up. I moved on with my dignity but with a bigger lesson in life. I kept it a secret for many years. Only my bestie new about it.

Many men are victims. People hardly believe the few who cry out. Many will question the authenticity of my history and blame me afterall. Making it harder for the next man to come out.

Many argue that they will beat, hit, or punch a man for advancing toward them. There are consequences. Read your room. Justice hardly comes in a world of injustice. Sometimes, the best thing to do is walk away.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Stringz1: 5:02pm On Apr 07, 2022
You could have made massive money from suing Chevron and the boss

They'd settle out of court
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Silentgroper(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2022
superCleanworks:
They are everywhere.
You would be shocked to see who & who is gay If the Nigerian government permits gay & lesbianism right now.
The ones in my area no send. .. They do their thing openly..

See as men them hold hands for street come buy akara .. one fixed attachment to his hair one-sided, resting his head on the shoulder of the supposed masculine one..

Crossdressers nko .. na those one worst..
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Greatmatty: 5:11pm On Apr 07, 2022
The company have a HR with standards, you could have gotten some evidence and reported this appropriately.
It might hunt you for a long time
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 07, 2022
Silentgroper:
The ones in my area no send. .. They do their thing openly..

See as men them hold hands for street come buy akara .. one fixed attachment to his hair one-sided, resting his head on the shoulder of the supposed masculine one..

Crossdressers nko .. na those one worst..
I doubt this is possible in any where around this country. Who would joke with a 14 years jail term?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Silentgroper(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
was in same story back then in lag, me n Jude my guy visited his after one senior man foe hood Gv us him contact for custom work.
we went on a Saturday n the man jus clear us dt he can only help who would be his boyfriend n service him each weekend when his wife leaves to see her people in Ogun state..
me n Jude declined n left his huge house in V.I n went back to report him to the man dt sent us n he just laughed
months letter I hear say Jude bin go back n accept d offer, Jude block my line, move out from streets, don build house for villa n don de ride different cars after just 1 year for dt job bcoz the man de really spend on am..
currently Jude is the head of the man's private firm in South Africa n i still dey street with my "dignity" hoping for good days ahead..
that's life for u
moral of story

Cock sucking pays..

grin grin[sup][/sup]
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Silentgroper(m): 5:16pm On Apr 07, 2022
AccessME:
I doubt this is possible in any where around this country. Who would joke with a 14 years jail term?
come to mosho

The police no get their time..
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2022
paulolee:
that's life for u
Oga na u dull ursef. See as Jude act smarter than u lol. There's one thing without doubt, "Majority of the rich involved in questionable means in their part to making money xpecially in Nigeria. 98% of rich people aren't clean!"
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2022
Silentgroper:
come to mosho

The police no get their time..

Where is Mosho

Lagos State?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Silentgroper(m): 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2022
AccessME:

Where is Mosho

Lagos State?
oyo state

Ogbomosho for full
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by aikyg(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

Look at this fücking gay! He over reacted? Overreacting would be punching his G-string wearing ass in the face and tossing him around the room with same!

Then get good pictures to keep for reference purposes and it would have served in his present condition.

What the füuck happened to the succulent, sweet, wet dripping Pussy of a woman, that y'all prefer the hard ass/ dïck of another man?! Tueh!!

First you called me gay, then you suggested that the OP should have punched another person in the face and physically assault him, and finally you went explicit, describing the body parts of a woman and how it drips. Wow! Can you tell me why you should not be banned on this platform? Tell me!
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by aikyg(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2022
We4all:

Another Gaybriel on the loose!
My name is not Gaybriel, Sir. And by the way, I am not gay. The only difference between me and you is that I understand that it is wrong to hate people simply because they swing the other way. Kaji?
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Bbbw: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
For real
Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Mystic216: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2022
Had same experience
He’s own was terrible as hell
When he realized that no Jupiter will make me entertain his rubbish, he started feeling insecured and started threatening my life
I still kept it secret by myself

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Nobody: 5:37pm On Apr 07, 2022
aikyg:
Wow! You over reacted. He did nothing wrong by trying to get down with you. You did not only reject him; you shamed him and even asked him if he would want to have a gay son. That is not how you treat people, even if you do not want to be sexually intimate with them.
I hope you have learnt your lessons, though. Good luck!
You are a gay man and a bastard one at that.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Bifas1: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2022
I had a similar experience back then in Abuja. A Boss collected my contacted and invited me to meet him in one of the big hotels in Abj. He kept on disturbing me, but I didn't honour any of his invitations. Later that a colleague told me that he is gay. Me wey the hardly nack woman, na man I go come nack? God forbid!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Fired From Chevron By A Gay Boss by Foolishbuhari: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2022
aikyg:

First you called me gay, then you suggested that the OP should have punched another person in the face and physically assault him, and finally you went explicit, describing the body parts of a woman and how it drips. Wow! Can you tell me why you should not be banned on this platform? Tell me!

You be gay or you no be gay? Only a gay would get offended a man refused the sexual advances of another male, tambout he overreacted for failing to fuukk another man. Tueh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Fired While On Her Way To Resume Work For The First Time / Top 20 Nigerian CEOs And The Courses They Studied In School / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.