Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44470 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2022
LadyRosa:
You married a very self entitled,lazy woman who is badly nutured.Her mom is also not well trained.Very nasty upbringing!No brother of mine will ever make this mistake, except he didn't tell me.Them trust me na,I get the mind them no get.If I have an in law like yours,She won't even get pregnant before she is kicked out of the house alongside her mother.Yes!I go EXTRA length when I want something done. angry

What nonsense!

My elder brother's wife played that game at the beginning of their marriage.I heard rumors of her bullshit,I ignored.Came home during one of my office breaks Alas!I met him too in the family house looking all slim and weary A once vibrant young energetic man.I asked him why he was looking like that ,he laughed and downplay the reasons.Lied,but I Know the rumors already.

Kept quiet....

Till she messed up right in a family reunion.

First I reminded her she is a pauper,her father is a carpenter and her mom is not in the country to protect her as she is remarried.Nobody will clearly fight for you,you don't have the money nor the connection,nor the leverage.I open openly told my brother there that his ex gf is still available,and willing to return whenever he changes his mind.I will single handedly pay a new woman's dowry and bring her home.Her mother had to call me to apologize on her daughters behalf after the fool told me she'd leave with her child.I told her mother point black her daughter will not be alive to take even a single baby socks out of any house belonging to my father's house.Not even a diaper.I will personally bundle you out!

Now,my elder brother is a very quiet, conservative guy who never stay out late.I love him so much, very much and the man he choose to be.Them no born any woman well to run am down AS LONG AS I'M ALIVE.I will bury that woman and order for an expensive black shade for her burial.

The wife is very calm now.Like she went herself to buy humility she lacked from the local market.I don't even call her,no member of the family behaves like she exists when she is around.

Its good when a woman understands that some women can be troublesome.

When I show her my other side she conforms for a few months and then goes back to her default setting.

Thanks for sharing your story

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LadyRosa(f): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2022
Mariangeles:

Make your brother cool down na? Make e no make work hard for another man.
Na only love go fit humble her laslas.
cheesy

Make the love come oooo.
And I pray make e be man wey get Patience, because I really no want her to suffer for marriage.E go too break my heart.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by emmaodet: 6:50pm On Apr 14, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
I am curious why is it that if good marriages exist I never hear or see them. It's always the bad experiences I see. I mean with regards to other things in life I always see pros and cons but with regards to marriage I always see the bad why?

grin grin grin

Because no news is good news but bad news travels far, very far.

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by emmaodet: 7:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Cerebral physics:

They expect a who is at fault type write-up. The finger always points back to men in this case. You didn't search well, you didn't study her, you didn't investigate.

Interesting as the above line of thought sounds, it puts the buck back at the feet of men. Men would always be the mule that bears the brunt.

Nothing wrong shaming a pot bellied man, but it's offensive to call a lady fat; use plus sized instead. Like no harm calling a man jobless and lazy, but a woman who makes up at 12noon is one who just want to relax and be taken care of.

Life is hard for men. The only thing men need is someone to cheer him on. Tell him well done for the little he is doing, and tell him don't worry when he fails, we can try again tomorrow.

It will all be well with all the men putting in the work, and all the tears dropping down their brows will not counting as nothing in the end.

SgtPonziHater

You are right bro. Instead of to encourage you sef, they will tell you man-up and move your ass.
There was a thread about how domestic violence against women is too much and enough is enough.......... I commented on the thread that men experiences much more emotional, abusive and psychological damage in marriage than women but since it is not physical, then it is okay and in worst case scenario, men should man-up and take charge of their homes and stop complaining and whining like babies (notice nobody is telling a woman to improve her behaviour and be a better partner.....No ooo, men must regularly train themselves to keep enduring more and more untrained women)

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
odinson1:

With all this long talk, you still didn't mention one EXCLUSIVE benefit men have to gain from marriage.

All you wrote is a bunch of fallacies, marriage is just a Name,a term and a contract.
It doesn't make one automatically successful as you may think. Being married does not magically make one motivated to reach any goal,it is just a Term and a Contract where you devote your entire life, energy and resources,being committed to a woman who's only Goal is to have a Slave(who sees himself as king,mental slavery if you will) and Continuously milk him dry down till the very last drop.
Ever wonder why most husbands are thinner than their wives, while the wives look like baby elephants? It is because the man has been tirelessly working day and night, to Feed a Parasite whose only value to give is sex. Yes,there are women who offer way more than sex,but the Majority wins the vote right?

What a brilliant comment. cheesy I am married but I wholeheartedly support your opinion. Marriage is overrated in this part of the world. You can live a perfectly happy life with all the supposedly “benefits” married people enjoy.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2022
DontBullshitMe:
Enough of the wailing.

You want marriage, marry.

You don't want marriage, don't marry.

You just settled the argument with 3 sentences. Do whatever makes you happy. Life is too short for BS.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Harbhey630: 12:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Send me a priv@t£ m£ss@g£ now! To spy on your husband or wife or any type of hacking like
Social Media Hack & Recovery, (WhatsApp spy, FB, Snapchat, etc) Gmail hack and recovery.
Phone tracking.
Lost phone recovery.
CCTV spy.
Lost/ stolen Cryptocurrency recovery,clone and lots more.

Send me a pr|v@t£ m£$$@g£ now!
Contact or message on WhatsApp: zero 9 one six 3 seven 3 four 9 four 9
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LondonDating: 7:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Good stuff! Nearly a week ago, a friend mentioned to me how man had become a joke in his own house. He was pulling all the stunts for years. Unfortunately life, ill-health and frailty set in, and the wife now makes a joke out of him. Look after you health and well being.
All is well.

True talk. A friends Mum in Nigeria waited for her 80 something year old husband to go blind before unleashing torture on the blind man.

Whenever he goes to wee and he misses the toilet bowl due to his blindness, she locks the front door and starts flogging the blind man with koboko to the point that the neighbors have to break the door down to rescue the blind husband from her koboko.

And these are people who studied in England many years ago.

The vulture is a patient bird.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
LondonDating:
True talk. A friends Mum in Nigeria waited for her 80 something year old husband to go blind before unleashing torture on the blind man.

Whenever he goes to wee and he misses the toilet bowl due to his blindness, she locks the front door and starts flogging the blind man with koboko to the point that the neighbors have to break the door down to rescue the blind husband from her koboko.
And these are people who studied in England many years ago.
The vulture is a patient bird.
What did the man do to her?undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by LondonDating: 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What did the man do to her?undecided

I don't have a clue as I am just relaying what my friend told me that whenever his Dad goes to wee and misses the toilet bowl due to his blindness, he gets flogged with koboko by his wife.

But regardless, who flogs a blind person (especially someone in their eighties) who can not defend themselves or know where the lashes are coming from.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
LondonDating:
I don't have a clue as I am just relaying what my friend told me.

But regardless, who flogs a blind person (especially someone in their eighties) who can not defend themselves or know where the lashes are coming from.
Regardless of what exactly ? Something tells me this man may have been a tyrant before going blind and may be getting his comeuppance now that he is blind.. undecided

Ask your friend to tell you the truth of the story, not feed you with soundbites, abeg! undecided

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Cha E!
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by WHITELIGHTER: 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
It's a scam...that only favour one gender
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Mooh247: 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage is not for everyone people just keep forcing it on others just to laugh at their misery

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2022
My marriage won't be a scam in Jesus name, Amen.

If you marry an unbeliever, whatever you see, just take it, the devil has settled you.

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by cindylindy: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Yes from my own marital experience and from my own perspective marriage in this modern era is a big scam
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by MilitantAtheist: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Not a scam but an act of stupidity. How will I tie myself to one pussy when there are billions of others more beautiful and appealing then if I want fhuck bitches anytime I like some bitch will think she's entitled to question who I'm to fhuck or not? Not impossible.

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by AutoRedux: 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
As for me eh, I no get strength to talk but the only thing wey I wan yan una be say marriage na scam. If you like believe, if you like no believe, na u sabi.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by lexy2014: 4:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

With all this long talk, you still didn't mention one EXCLUSIVE benefit men have to gain from marriage.

All you wrote is a bunch of fallacies, marriage is just a Name,a term and a contract.
It doesn't make one automatically successful as you may think. Being married does not magically make one motivated to reach any goal,it is just a Term and a Contract where you devote your entire life, energy and resources,being committed to a woman who's only Goal is to have a Slave(who sees himself as king,mental slavery if you will) and Continuously milk him dry down till the very last drop.
Ever wonder why most husbands are thinner than their wives, while the wives look like baby elephants? It is because the man has been tirelessly working day and night, to Feed a Parasite whose only value to give is sex. Yes,there are women who offer way more than sex,but the Majority wins the vote right?

Dude, if you don't believe in marriage, then don't believe in it. It's your choice. Some others believe in it. It's their choice

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Spanki(f): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

Which goal can you attain Def with these broke bleeding pretentious beings. If you do not get established before you get entangled these days, you may as well kiss prosperity good bye!

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Spanki(f): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2022
cindylindy:
Yes from my own marital experience and from my own perspective marriage in this modern era is a big scam

The crazy idea of looking for a rich man as husband under the auspices of being a faithful Christian has dominated today's churches, and it is nothing but a fallacy! And it has portrayed marriage as nothing but a scam, because such ladies when things turn south, you will definitely know her true colours! And I pity a man that is not *STRONG* when such unfortunate circumstance befalls you.

Men... Be wiser! Happy Easter

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by lexy2014: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

The marriage rate is declining yearly,more men who gain more in marriage (according to you),are opting out for their Peace of mind and freedom.
Now i ask again,what do you gain in marriage that i won't gain being unmarried? By gain i mean something Tangible and Exclusive to only men.

How did u come to the conclusion that "the marriage rate is declining yearly"? Did you conduct any research to that effect? Where did u conduct the research?

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.

The honest truth is that you married folks are wicked. Most of the times, you guys are in an unhealthy marriage but will sing like bees into the ears of singles pressuring them to get married and suffer like you. You even had to make unverifiable statements to cajole others into evil. It won't work Mr. And the bolded are all lies.

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigYash: 4:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

Men benefits more in marriage than women.
You're not wise.. With this statements. You no go pass those men ,when be women for their own house..

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by VlamesIffect(f): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
OP you really have aa long tolerance level... The first moments of all those nonsense...bro she's GONE...i no get time or patience for nonsense. I will discard her and never look back. ...

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hathor5:
Edited

Now that I have read the entire story, I have this to say. You blame that other people tricked you into marriage by saying that marriage life was sweet. Your experience was bitter though.

Did you ask those people how they made their marriages sweet? Or did you believe it takes a wedding ceremony for a marriage to be sweet?

You say that your single life was awesome. Did the things you were enjoying before you got married fall from heaven? Or had you worked for them?

Why do you people put so much effort into their careers but believe that a good relationship/marriage must fall from heaven? Why are people willing and ready to go the extra mile for their career goals but not for their marriages/relationships/families?

The truth is: if you want your marriage/relationship to be sweet, be ready to work for it.

I wish those other people would have told you that too.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by chatinent: 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Make una do wetin works for una. But stop recruiting others to hate women with you.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by judedwriter(m): 4:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage isn't a scam o...

It is a serious blessing from God. The only problem is that many people go into it as a sprint not a marathon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by BigYash: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Slynation:
what did I just read... shocked Anyways, A wise man once told me "You won't know the effects until it starts affecting you"
He eyes go soon clear,when the demon in them appears..

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by cindylindy: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
you are the foolish virgin that will marry an unbeliever Idiot
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Mom007(f): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Wow! I really feel for you. There is nothing worse than a 'good' person marrying wrongly. You seem like a decent enough fellow but you clearly missed it by a long shot and married very poorly! I used to hear about such lazy and mannerless wives but yours is a very graphic description! I could almost reach out and give her a brain resetting knock!
Anyway, I would only advice anyone marrying these days to seek Gods face before picking the 'one'! Obviously, you have to have a close personal relationship with him first before approaching Him with life questions and expecting answers! I pray you find the help you need because this one you wrote pass living in bondage o!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Can Beat My Wife And Yes, I'll Beat Her. / Only Introverts Will Understand These / I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.