Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44340 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by annyz: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

Buying house in your wife name?

Congratulations!!!

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by CodingSoft: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by freesoul12: 4:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
NewSoul:
There are no more marriageable women! I repeat there are no more marriageable women. Men getting married these days are putting their lives and well being on the line

God bless u my guy.. Bitter truth
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by freesoul12: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
annyz:

Congratulations!!!

Leave him.. E go collect soon

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Clinghton: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
I think marriage is like picking a package without having knowledge of it's content, if it happens to be good you thank your stars if it turns out bad you develop a distorted ideology about it.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
ukaface:
A quick question though
And I hope I get answered.
Why is it that most males are the ones that keep complaining and regretting marriage?

Because it is a scam to men as there is nothing beneficial exclusively to them while for women it is like a partnership where she is a nominal partner yet enjoys most if not all benefits without any actual stake in the partnership and takes all upon dissolution of the partnership.

6 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by juman(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
It was said that families are the most basic social unit upon which society is built on.
Making families, its better to make it formal in religious way, which is marriage.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.

You are lucky. My experience is the reverse of yours
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
annyz:

Congratulations!!!

grin grin leave him jare, don't worry your soul. It's only a matter of time before the chameleon changes her colours to suit her selfcentredness

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hathor5:
Edited

Now that I have read the entire story, I have this to say. You blame that other people tricked you into marriage by saying that marriage life was sweet. Your experience was bitter though.

Did you ask those people how they made their marriages sweet? Or did you believe it takes a wedding ceremony for a marriage to be sweet?

You say that your single life was awesome. Did the things you were enjoying before you got married fall from heaven? Or had you worked for them?

Why do you people put so much effort into their careers but believe that a good relationship/marriage must fall from heaven? Why are people willing and ready to go the extra mile for their career goals but not for their marriages/relationships/families?

The truth is: if you want your marriage/relationship to be sweet, be ready to work for it.

I wish those other people would have told you that too.

If you are not with the right person there is no amount of work that will cut it

It takes two to tango
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by MindHacker9009(m): 4:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Mom007:
Wow! I really feel for you. There is nothing worse than a 'good' person marrying wrongly. You seem like a decent enough fellow but you clearly missed it by a long shot and married very poorly! I used to hear about such lazy and mannerless wives but yours is a very graphic description! I could almost reach out and give her a brain resetting knock!
Anyway, I would only advice anyone marrying these days to seek Gods face before picking the 'one'! Obviously, you have to have a close personal relationship with him first before approaching Him with life questions and expecting answers! I pray you find the help you need because this one you wrote pass living in bondage o!

Hmmm! I prayed to God for a wife. I'm an introvert and when I was asked by a friend to marry their sister I felt woow! God has answered my prayer not knowing I was walking into a similar situation like the OP. In my own case she was the one that begged me that we should have children, that I'm too nice to her and the only thing she can use to pay me back was to have a children for me. I did not know that was her plan so that she can show her true self after having a child since she knows I'm a caring person. Looking back now I feel I was jazzed by this woman for many years till the jazz has now cleared from me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by DukeNija(m): 4:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage is a big scam that apostle Paul tried to warn us about. Single men should be aware that their life will never remain the same once married.

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nyascobar1414: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

See question.

Answer the Qst man... Y'all captain save a h0e
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by CorrectBizWoman: 4:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Having read from page 1 - 8, all I can say is thank God for my marriage. 5years+ and counting.
Marry for the right reasons and you'll enjoy it. Any character or habit you know you can't condone in courtship, don't expect it to miraculously change in marriage.
Marriage is not a scam if you get it right.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Acidosis:
95% of small businesses globally fail in the first 5 years but we haven't seen any "business is a scam" thread.

By the way, there's no such thing as a "modern" marriage. You're either married traditionally as ordained or you're married by your own logical ideas. Marriages don't evolve. Love, trust, respect, and other ingredients that make marriages to work do not evolve. The only thing that evolved is your wedding dress and maybe the HD photoshoots. If you took that as having a modern marriage, then you simply played yourself and shot yourself on the foot.

That being said, I sympathize with you and I particularly love your courage to share your experiences. Now own up to your mistakes and leave the institution out of it. Like small businesses, marriage is not a scam. You were simply scammed because of your negligence or lack of foresight.

I totally disagree

The quality of character and attitudes we today in people has gone down totally

Example the way young people get involved in fraud, ritual for money and many vices wasn't like that say in the mid nineties

The quality in stock of attitudes have gone down so it has affected marriages horribly

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Bbbw: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
Yeah
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
LordIsaac:

It will shock you that I went through all this and more with a live-in girlfriend, till I wept to God one day, and He personally delivered me. I'm married now. Trust me, I set the rules before the marriage. I was challenged severally by the term, " you are not romantic," but, I reiterate my rules always. I think it is just how you begin and some measure of luck. Some of them are not entirely bad. The men are the problem because they "fell" in love. It is a contract, don't spoil it with "love."

I love this reply

Those not yet married should learn from this reply

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Scamperlee(m): 4:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
Some of nowadays ladies. . . Tueh.
Shawarma gangs.
It is good for we guys to open our eyes wide before entering into what is called marriage. Those ladies have nothing to loose if it went north, they will pack and be looking for another shade like Mrs Aigbe M.
Chosen wrongly can fustrate man's plan.
May God help we singles to choose the right path

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Czario: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
optm:
The problem isn't marriage but the poor choices people make. If you get a good spouse, you'll enjoy marriage .

We need to define "good spouse"
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Sureplug123(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.
Oga Man Up! Who is Dangote's wife? Are you richer than Dangote? Are you more responsible? Are you more committed?

Most of the richest Men in the world are either single or divorced.

Your points are just pointless

6 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Ameduedwin: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
porthouse7:
u must be a SIMPle man, I hope ur wife is godly sha
he don't know if your wife decided to turn around tommorow against you, don't you know that you will loss everything to your wife for buying property in her name?
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by AMGBoss(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Check yourself. She has no respect for you. Her sister same thing. You see yourself as a star boy but to them you are a weak man who will always accept every sh!!t. Stop wailing. Do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage is scam
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Nicoswit(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

Well, it seems like you got married to a good woman. Most married men does not have a testimony like yours.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Fantasticcc: 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
LadyRosa:
You married a very self entitled,lazy woman who is badly nutured.Her mom is also not well trained.Very nasty upbringing!No brother of mine will ever make this mistake, except he didn't tell me.Them trust me na,I get the mind them no get.If I have an in law like yours,She won't even get pregnant before she is kicked out of the house alongside her mother.Yes!I go EXTRA length when I want something done. angry

What nonsense!

My elder brother's wife played that game at the beginning of their marriage.I heard rumors of her bullshit,I ignored.Came home during one of my office breaks Alas!I met him too in the family house looking all slim and weary A once vibrant young energetic man.I asked him why he was looking like that ,he laughed and downplay the reasons.Lied,but I Know the rumors already.

Kept quiet....

Till she messed up right in a family reunion.

First I reminded her she is a pauper,her father is a carpenter and her mom is not in the country to protect her as she is remarried.Nobody will clearly fight for you,you don't have the money nor the connection,nor the leverage.I open openly told my brother there that his ex gf is still available,and willing to return whenever he changes his mind.I will single handedly pay a new woman's dowry and bring her home.Her mother had to call me to apologize on her daughters behalf after the fool told me she'd leave with her child.I told her mother point black her daughter will not be alive to take even a single baby socks out of any house belonging to my father's house.Not even a diaper.I will personally bundle you out!

Now,my elder brother is a very quiet, conservative guy who never stay out late.I love him so much, very much and the man he choose to be.Them no born any woman well to run am down AS LONG AS I'M ALIVE.I will bury that woman and order for an expensive black shade for her burial.

The wife is very calm now.Like she went herself to buy humility she lacked from the local market.I don't even call her,no member of the family behaves like she exists when she is around.
Every husband should have your type around,either as a sister or a family friend.But be careful not to eat what she or her mother prepares
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
sgtponzihater1
Below is the link to the redpill thread. It'll be of help

https://www.nairaland.com/6048178/reality-every-guy-need-know

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Oyiboman69: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

Men benefits more in marriage than women.

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sureplug123:
Oga Man Up! Who is Dangote's wife? Are you richer than Dangote? Are you more responsible? Are you more committed?

Most of the richest Men in the world are either single or divorced.

Your points are just pointless

Most wimps are naturally weak and foolish men like the okoro you just quoted

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Dangrace01: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
LadyRosa:
You married a very self entitled,lazy woman who is badly nutured.Her mom is also not well trained.Very nasty upbringing!No brother of mine will ever make this mistake, except he didn't tell me.Them trust me na,I get the mind them no get.If I have an in law like yours,She won't even get pregnant before she is kicked out of the house alongside her mother.Yes!I go EXTRA length when I want something done. angry

What nonsense!

My elder brother's wife played that game at the beginning of their marriage.I heard rumors of her bullshit,I ignored.Came home during one of my office breaks Alas!I met him too in the family house looking all slim and weary A once vibrant young energetic man.I asked him why he was looking like that ,he laughed and downplay the reasons.Lied,but I Know the rumors already.

Kept quiet....

Till she messed up right in a family reunion.

First I reminded her she is a pauper,her father is a carpenter and her mom is not in the country to protect her as she is remarried.Nobody will clearly fight for you,you don't have the money nor the connection,nor the leverage.I open openly told my brother there that his ex gf is still available,and willing to return whenever he changes his mind.I will single handedly pay a new woman's dowry and bring her home.Her mother had to call me to apologize on her daughters behalf after the fool told me she'd leave with her child.I told her mother point black her daughter will not be alive to take even a single baby socks out of any house belonging to my father's house.Not even a diaper.I will personally bundle you out!

Now,my elder brother is a very quiet, conservative guy who never stay out late.I love him so much, very much and the man he choose to be.Them no born any woman well to run am down AS LONG AS I'M ALIVE.I will bury that woman and order for an expensive black shade for her burial.

The wife is very calm now.Like she went herself to buy humility she lacked from the local market.I don't even call her,no member of the family behaves like she exists when she is around.

Una know unaself. I respect you for putting yourself in the mans shoe.

Our problem began when men are thinking like men and women are thinking like women. Nobody wants to think like a human being.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Fantasticcc: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

*chuckle*

It's this redpill nonsense they have been filling their hollow heads with.
As usual attacking the redpill for exposing how manipulative you are

4 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ednut1(m): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
I remember this story when she was pregnant. So things have gotten worse nawa

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Dumps Wife For Sister Inlaw, Says Her Cooking And Sex Is Better / My Marriage Is Falling Apart And My Wife Wants To Sabotage My Job. / How Do I Tell My Unmarried Elder Sister That She Is Getting Too Old?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.