Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,041 members, 7,821,585 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story (44443 Views)

Nigerian Parents And Oversized Cloths | My Own Story / Virginity Doesn't Guarantee A Stable Marriage (a Must Read for young ladies) / My Marriage; A Blessing Or A Curse. Please Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Proudlyomonna: 4:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Fela say WA-GBE-IYA-WA-TUN-WO grin
I am planning to carry my own too bcus it gets to a stage in life when it becomes a necessity in 6months time I go join una crew.
But op this your tori wan dey fear me oo embarassed
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

With all this long talk, you still didn't mention one EXCLUSIVE benefit men have to gain from marriage.

All you wrote is a bunch of fallacies, marriage is just a Name,a term and a contract.
It doesn't make one automatically successful as you may think. Being married does not magically make one motivated to reach any goal,it is just a Term and a Contract where you devote your entire life, energy and resources,being committed to a woman who's only Goal is to have a Slave(who sees himself as king,mental slavery if you will) and Continuously milk him dry down till the very last drop.
Ever wonder why most husbands are thinner than their wives, while the wives look like baby elephants? It is because the man has been tirelessly working day and night, to Feed a Parasite whose only value to give is sex. Yes,there are women who offer way more than sex,but the Majority wins the vote right?

Don't mind him. I have personally talked tough about the consequences anyone will face in trying to cajole me to marry. They fell for a scam and also want me to fall for a scam like them. Dimwits. angry
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Electrochemistry(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage was largely a huge success in the past and this past was a time so ancient and so little recalled. Today, with the exception of few success that we can point out, it's more or less a monumental failure as a lion share of married people invariably end up in remorse.

Infact marriage today is almost like an invitation letter addressed to the devil himself.
Shall we pretend that marriage is all bear and skittles when in fact the internet is full of horrendous testimonies from the world of the married?
In today's marriage, cheating or infidelity is very normal; you won't even be taken seriously if you complain about this.

In the end you are not better than those who adopt babies because you may find out later that all you call your children belong to someone else. Is that not horrible already.

Marriage will lead many people to hell because nobody is living up to the sacred vows made at the altar. Everybody does as they please. It's therefore better to leave marriage alone if you know you will not be faithful to these sacred vows. It is better for you to make heaven as a single than to burn eternally in hell fire with wife and children because of marriage you may not even enjoy.

The institution of marriage is fast becoming one that cannot be sustained giving the fact that the key elements holding it, trust, Love and loyalty are fast deteriorating on daily bases.
Time will come when majority will begin to subscribe to contract marriage rather than the ecclesiastical one that is based on sentimental values.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

Men benefits more in marriage than women.

A simp spotted. It'll be a wild goose chase arguing with you.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ademat7:
@OP probably you met a lady who doesn't align with you in different areas.

Sadly, it's like there are more of these bad women out there today...since more people are regretting getting marriage...

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

You should be ashamed of yourself after making these statements. But as usual, the fallen house has no shame. Only the owner.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Wow, good write up. Personally I think some men are tricked into that 'union' and they should have their ignorance to blame.

If you must marry, baba marry a virgin, you will grow to trust her. Not a repented harlot, trust me.

But if you want children pls and pls just adopt. Do not bring a child in a shitty arrangement you call 'baby mama, daddy', for the fear of God. Am talking from personal experience now.
Thank you

Your personal experience is not a yardstick to decide for the general populace

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by freesoul12: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

U cant buy property in your baby mama's name now...but I have purchased property on two occasions with my wife's name without any need to regret it. But u dare not with your baby mama or girl friend
I have kept all my life savings in my wife's personal accounts which many of u dare not do with your baby mama's out there.

On the day of my wedding I got a jeep from my brother but u can't get it from impregnating a baby mama.

Guy,I still maintain my stand,that marriage is good. I and my wife have made 6.6million naira in three months just for working together as partners in our side hustle. But u can never achieve that with your baby mama's.

I need myself to make d 6.6mil. Baby mama or wife cant stop me from making money. Though i like ur opinion sha
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
ExcelDBM:

A simp spotted. It'll be a wild goose chase arguing with you.

The guy was just lucky to find a good supporting striker as a wife...thats why he's caping anyhow

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

Buying a property in your wife's name is a benefit to you? What nonsense is this?
Common sense will tell you that The wife is will be the owner of said property, so once again,the man benefits nothing.

Don't waste your precious time arguing with him. Let him continue living in his folly and illusion
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Alusiizizi(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
I knew that you had to be living in US or UK even before you revealed that you lived in London and decided to move up north, and yes **modern** marriages are indeed a scam. It sounds like you've been in it for just over a year so there's a chance for you to rectify things, although it will cost you. Get a divorce. Sure you'll have some moneys to pay, but you'll have your life and sanity back as well as be able to start saving to rebuild yourself after this disaster because trust me, if you choose to withstand like those around you are urging you on to, you will be slowly eaten alive from the inside until there's nothing left but an empty shell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Reference(m): 4:27pm On Apr 17, 2022
Selfish man that hates responsibility.
By the way, may I ask how you came into the world... okay you didn't ask to...

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by lexy2014: 4:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
Raalsalghul:

You've not said anything about how you met your wife, her background, what vetting processes did you use, whether you carried out any investigations and what ultimately convinced you to go into a union with her. undecided

There is a huge gap in your story.

The above is the Koko. The woman became a devil after marriage & sgtpobzihater1 didnt notice anything wrong with her before getting married to her...she was damn perfect
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Alusiizizi(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Reference:

Such a lame, stvpid excuse from a lame, stvpid poster.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Marriage is not and can never be a scam.

Why must marriage hit the lock button is not far fetch is most young men marry to impress the society at large (me senior brother made that mistake too, which he divorce the lady barely 6mths togetherness)

My advice to young guys marry the lady that loves you not the one u love e get why.

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hathor5:
Edited

Now that I have read the entire story, I have this to say. You blame that other people tricked you into marriage by saying that marriage life was sweet. Your experience was bitter though.

Did you ask those people how they made their marriages sweet? Or did you believe it takes a wedding ceremony for a marriage to be sweet?

You say that your single life was awesome. Did the things you were enjoying before you got married fall from heaven? Or had you worked for them?

Why do you people put so much effort into their careers but believe that a good relationship/marriage must fall from heaven? Why are people willing and ready to go the extra mile for their career goals but not for their marriages/relationships/families?

The truth is: if you want your marriage/relationship to be sweet, be ready to work for it.

I wish those other people would have told you that too.

It's balderdash like the bolded that they use in turning effeminate men to Simps. What happened to the woman working for it? Selfish lots. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by toprealman: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

I have benefited immensely from Marriage like it or not.

Marriage benefits far outweighs its disadvantage. When it comes to investments,my wife is my partner and my advisor and in fact,someone I rely on to offer her cherished ideas.

I have never been depressed as a married man but many of u singles are already depressed with baby mama's.

Financially,married people like me reach their financial goals faster than singles out there...who are looking for a baby mama to impregnate.

Married people have shown commitment to appointments and responsibilities than singles.

Marriage is a driving force that helps u to take ethical responsibility and that is why u will see more unserious singles caught as yahoo plus men.
Iff you are with the right person
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by YeyeGbami: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
All these kids will just wake up type thrash. anyway ire o
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
LocalStandard1:
Wow, good write up. Personally I think some men are tricked into that 'union' and they should have their ignorance to blame.

If you must marry, baba marry a virgin, you will grow to trust her. Not a repented harlot, trust me.

But if you want children pls and pls just adopt. Do not bring a child in a shitty arrangement you call 'baby mama, daddy', for the fear of God. Am talking from personal experience now.
Thank you

1 if one doesn't have a good means of living. I don't think it's advisable to marry

2 if you marry a good person, be it man or woman, marriage will be enjoyable for you. But when you marry a bad person, sorry is your name.

The op married a bad person.

Some people are lucky, they end up with good people as spouse

But today we have so much bad people, so we have so many bad marriages

From a married man

3 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
advanceDNA:

The guy was just lucky to find a good supporting striker as a wife...thats why he's caping anyhow

Yes, I just hope and pray it doesn't change colours like the chameleon. Some marriages were once sweet until some wives unleashed the dragon.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
toprealman:

Iff you are with the right person

Exactly

He may be fortunate to have married a good person
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Pymetrics: 4:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

Buying a property in your wife's name is a benefit to you? What nonsense is this?
Common sense will tell you that The wife is will be the owner of said property, so once again,the man benefits nothing.
OK if you have properties and you died after old age, who would inherit those properties? Baby mama, wife, children? Ohh you would will them to dogs and cats and that is if you have the opportunity to do so before death caught you unprepared.
So thinking the way you does shows you're a miser and at the end the people you don't want to benefit would come to chop after your death.
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by advanceDNA: 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
ibechris:

Why does the man with a baby mama or even a wife need to buy a property in another person's name....doesnt he have a name..??

Does the bank put limits on men's account...cos i don't get why you are making depositing money in your wife's account sound like an an achievement ...

Great..uve got a good wife that directly contributes to your financial position...but lots of men out there don't have such wives....youd be surprised how badly some wives behave

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by sgtponzihater1(m): 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
cindylindy:
Yes from my own marital experience and from my own perspective marriage in this modern era is a big scam

A few people admit this. Cheers
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:34pm On Apr 17, 2022
Reference:

All these awon woke feminists only use emotional blackmail, play victim card and insults to buttress their point. That's all they do.

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by MrBroke(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
Love your write up Bro. Marriage is for those who wants to please society and those too weak to be alone. grin

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
odinson1:

I could not stop laughing when I read him saying he bought property in his wife's name. grin and called that an exclusive achievement grin

5 Likes

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by djon78(m): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
NewSoul:
There are no more marriageable women! I repeat there are no more marriageable women. Men getting married these days are putting their lives and well being on the line

You corroborate my point
There are very few good people

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by Pimine: 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Acidosis:
95% of small businesses globally fail in the first 5 years but we haven't seen any "business is a scam" thread.

By the way, there's no such thing as a "modern" marriage. You're either married traditionally as ordained or you're married by your own logical ideas. Marriages don't evolve. Love, trust, respect, and other ingredients that make marriages to work do not evolve. The only thing that evolved is your wedding dress and maybe the HD photoshoots. If you took that as having a modern marriage, then you simply played yourself and shot yourself on the foot.

That being said, I sympathize with you and I particularly love your courage to share your experiences. Now own up to your mistakes and leave the institution out of it. Like small businesses, marriage is not a scam. You were simply scammed because of your negligence or lack of foresight.
Aswearugaaad

You ended up saying nothing. undecided
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by CountVersailles(f): 4:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Raalsalghul:

You've not said anything about how you met your wife, her background, what vetting processes did you use, whether you carried out any investigations and what ultimately convinced you to go into a union with her. undecided

There is a huge gap in your story.
How does it matter how he found her? You are leaving out the part where she might have even pretended just to get into the marriage. Why does it matter then how he found her or what investigations he did?
Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ukaface(f): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
A quick question though
And I hope I get answered.
Why is it that most males are the ones that keep complaining and regretting marriage?

1 Like

Re: Is Modern Marriage A Scam? My Own Story by ExcelDBM: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Spanki:

The crazy idea of looking for a rich man as husband under the auspices of being a faithful Christian has dominated today's churches, and it is nothing but a fallacy! And it has portrayed marriage as nothing but a scam, because such ladies when things turn south, you will definitely know her true colours! And I pity a man that is not *STRONG* when such unfortunate circumstance befalls you.

Men... Be wiser! Happy Easter

God bless you. Happy Easter

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

No To Getting A Car Because Am Single / Living Alone At 23, As A Single Lady, A Bad Idea Or Not? / Anyone Here Knows The Ifediora Family Of Umudioka?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.