Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,666 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40525 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Cti28(m): 1:34pm On Apr 13, 2022
Giftlove11:
Jesus!!! I Just fainted
Yours is bettel, I just fell off from a bike
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by darams4all(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
The last time I checked am older than you by how many years?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Cti28(m): 1:46pm On Apr 13, 2022
With what number of years am I older than you.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ajl: 2:00pm On Apr 13, 2022
What's the age difference between you and I?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Zacks43: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?

Your answer is....What is our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Prettygirl200(f): 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Sentence.

ANY?
What's our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by CoronaVirusPro: 2:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
What’s our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by LongEraser: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
A literal interpretation of the pidgin expression in English should be: how many years advantage do I have over you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by RoyalDiadems: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

By what number of years am I older than you?

Or

By how many years am I older than you?

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by musicwriter(m): 2:45pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

@bold

Remember it's English language that you want to translate to, so it must be done the way English people would say it, unless we have a "Nigerian English" equivalence.

"What's our age difference" is the right answer because it's the closest way a white man would say "how many years I take senior you?"

Having said that, what really interest me is your concern in bold. Your concern is very legitimate as an African because a white man's language shouldn't have the power to cause us Africans to defer our method of creating meaning to the way white people do the same thing. We should be able to create meaning in our minds according to what meaning means to us. When we don't do that, we spit on our intellect and hands off all responsibility of using our own minds to think our own thoughts ORGANICALLY as a free human being should do.

The result is that when we want to learn anything, we run to the white man's language.

When we need knowledge, we run to Western education.

When we need a god, we run to the white man's god.

We're still not truly independent in Africa because we're not in control of the moment of word creation. The moment of thought and word creation is where authority lies. Whoever controls that moment, controls everything. We're not in control of the meanings in our head!! Example; as you read this, white people are literally controlling the way you understand what I am saying here. In real time!! This lies at the root of our dependency on white people to solve our problems after many years of so called independence.

We're locked down!!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Boyekunle7319: 3:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
I think it should be interpreted as 'I'm older than you with how many years?'

Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Iamnotfearyou: 3:38pm On Apr 13, 2022

HOW OLD ARE MY TO YOU
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by educarimo: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
pidgin expression is quite different from good English. i would like you to still consider it this way:
Do you know how many years i have spent on earth before you? or how long i was born before you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Aaay: 4:24pm On Apr 13, 2022
Use google pidgin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by osmobil5(m): 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2022
emorse:

He's 100% correct.
How?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Tryon4(m): 5:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

What is our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by adeyemioyeleke(m): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2022
Was our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Stanley1155: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age difference.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by emorse(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13, 2022
osmobil5:

How?

Na where my power reach for now be this.

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Depsalmist11(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2022
How old am i to you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Hartugrin27(m): 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2022
deavicky:
e reach to shout Jesus

The English big like banky w head
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Otitijerome(m): 7:55pm On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Chuksyno(m): 8:26pm On Apr 13, 2022
Don't you know how older am I than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by VirileNelly2420: 9:17pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
U know how many years gap I gave you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by VirileNelly2420: 9:19pm On Apr 13, 2022
jefdr001:
"I'm way older than you"; " I'm not that much older than you"; "how much older than you am I?"
You know how many years gap I gave you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Thebigheart: 9:20pm On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Olabode211: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2022
I aged you for how many year? as simple as it is.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Kimiso(m): 10:42pm On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
how much older am i to you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Deiks: 11:27pm On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Delary: 12:06am On Apr 14, 2022
Simply put: What is our age difference?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.