Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40514 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by surveyorchimez(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2022
anewchapter:
Can you tell me the number of years I'm older than you?

What's the age gap between me and you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by HeavenVGate: 10:31am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
How many years I take pass you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by PHINAS2016(m): 10:34am On Apr 13, 2022
1. Am older than you with how many years
2. In regards to seniority, what lies the difference in the gap?
3. What is our age difference since am older than you
4. If you are younger than me, how many years will you take from mine to have yours
5. If addition of our age gives X , what will be the difference if am older than you assuming my age is Y.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by gsteve(m): 10:37am On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age difference

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by illicit(m): 10:38am On Apr 13, 2022
Am I your mate
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by jimyjames(m): 10:39am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Make una help me abeg.. I don even browse am for google, but i no see better answer..

if i no anwser this question, im finished.
My friend pidgin english is tricky you can't translate it word for word to pure english

The answer is simple, "how old are you".
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by MadamExcellency: 10:41am On Apr 13, 2022
ndako89:
What is the positive age difference between us?

Mr. Professor, age no get any negative number. Same way √-100 is undefined.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by feeloscar(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2022
benqo01:
Like how many years are my older than you
It should be "am I " and not "are my".
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by GreyLaw(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2022
jditimiya:

Oga if you they teach English for school, no be me you go teach okay. We are having fun here no be English class we dey.

No be fight. We no dey English class but na correction I give. If you want, take am, if you want, leave am. Na your life. Na public forum be this and I get right to quote you. And you get right to ignore me.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by IbrahimSola: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I your senior in age?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by IbrahimSola: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I your senior agewise?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by adeade83: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2022
We write and speak grammatically, "I senior you by 10 years"

Therefore, it will not be wrong if you ask someone "By how may years do you think I senior you?"
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Proudlyomonna: 10:52am On Apr 13, 2022
ume1000:
how much older am I than you?

#50 much older grin grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by jditimiya(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

No be fight. We no dey English class but na correction I give. If you want, take am, if you want, leave am. Na your life. Na public forum be this and I get right to quote you. And you get right to ignore me.

[[s]color=#990000]Oga i no need your correction, and me been in pubic forum no be your problem okay, just mind your way and leave me like that okay. Mr English man. You for be King of England my brother. [/color][/s]
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2022
surveyorchimez:

What's the age gap between me and you?
all join
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Proudlyomonna: 10:55am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Akramblitz(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2022
Am I how many years older than you?

That's the correct English
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by achimendy(m): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
Am older than you with how many years??
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Uchedizzy(f): 10:58am On Apr 13, 2022
English na your mate !!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Eriokanmi: 11:00am On Apr 13, 2022
I doubt you know the age difference between you and I

Or Do you know I'm way older than you?

The response from the other party would now be...how many years, can you tell me...?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by VIKTO83(m): 11:01am On Apr 13, 2022
How much older am I to u?

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ALFADOS(m): 11:01am On Apr 13, 2022
Hmmm Znation! Znation Znation how many times did the called happened?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by realbahdguy99(m): 11:02am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years I senior you with? Simple like fufu grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Tjarabs: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2022
da shekara nawa na girme ki/ka?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Xpol: 11:05am On Apr 13, 2022
eedhrisademola:
[/quote]
eedhrisademola post=111905892:
eedhrisademola:
[quote author=eedhrisademola post=111905892]
It depends on the type of question. Saying “ I’m not much older than you “ is correct if it’s not a direct question that demands a direct answer
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by eedhrisademola(m): 11:05am On Apr 13, 2022
[quote author=Znation post=111886666]Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

GOOGLE WHERE YOU DEY??
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by eedhrisademola(m): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2022
[quote author=Znation post=111886666]Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference"... Guess GOOGLE no sabi help afterall.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by IRobot7(m): 11:09am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Tommycoal2011(m): 11:10am On Apr 13, 2022
HOW MANY YEARS AM I OLDER THAN YOU[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by eedhrisademola(m): 11:14am On Apr 13, 2022
Xpol:
It depends on the type of question. Saying “ I’m not much older than you “ is correct if it’s not a direct question that demands a direct answer
Okay. E yaff hear
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Timijo(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2022
1F30M4:
What's the age difference between you & I?
In this case, it is "between you and me" because the word "I" cannot be the object of a preposition. (NB: The word "between" is a preposition.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.