Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,105 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40512 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by whizzbaale: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years is the seniority level between you and I grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by superCleanworks(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

What is the correct english please!

ANY?

By what number of years am I older than you are?

That is the direct and correct translation
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by eziemich: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years I'm I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2022
Ok the correct english is.... " my age and your age is not mates" grin grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Egoveen: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2022
Laugh wan finish me for here���

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by nams77: 9:14am On Apr 13, 2022
garriAndsugar:
What's our age difference
Simply put!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by lendahand(m): 9:14am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
with how many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Daniluv1(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2022
What's the age gap between us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by meetgaya: 9:15am On Apr 13, 2022
1. You know our age difference or
2. You surely know I am older than you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by airminem(f): 9:17am On Apr 13, 2022
Lol she already knows you do not have the right answer...quit worrying

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by OnyeFely: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years between the two of us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nitoriolohun1: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Sentence.

What is the age difference between us?

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by vikiblinks: 9:18am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

This is the answer to ur Question

WHAT IS OUR AGE DIFFERENCE AS YOUR ELDER
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ProfChris10(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

In my opinion, context matters a lot in this case. Take, for example, a task that you believe could be done by someone younger or older, as in "Can't you do it? kind of thing." Then I will ask, "How much older or younger am I than you?"
In another case, say, for instance, an inquiry about how older or younger one is from the other, I can say, "What's our age difference?"
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by lomprico(m): 9:18am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

What's our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by bonnyhope: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2022
"How many years separate you and I"

"What is the age difference between you and I"
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by woleabayo(f): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2022
what is our age different
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Dest8sman: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you?

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by richard870(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
What's the age gap/difference between us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by pek(m): 9:19am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation
First, it is younger sister and not junior sister.
Secondly, to your question , it is do you know the age difference/gap between us? Note here is the inflection and tone to convey the message.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by 2023NaijaVoter: 9:20am On Apr 13, 2022
NL: Pidgin English Central cheesy
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by manuel0523(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2022
No kill yourself man... Tell am: "how many years do I senior you with"? Or better still, you can say "with how many years am I older than you?"

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by hopexter(m): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
are you sure about this.. I no wan fall my hand.. Thanks.

You no know English yet you dey select grin grin Dats the best option so far, send it her if she’ll comprehend it too grin grin
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Camelot65: 9:20am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Ade3131: 9:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

I'm older than you by how many years?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by TONYE001(m): 9:21am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nairalandhotboy(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2022
ume1000:
how much older am I than you?
English na your mate
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Abdulmumin412(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know how many years I am older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by REJOICE01: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2022
Are we mates? or i am not your mate!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Ozinlex: 9:24am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years I take senior you

= How much older am I to you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ume1000: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2022
Nairalandhotboy:
English na your mate
ume1000 ba ur mate? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.