Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40513 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Seyiemath(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
DO THIS NOW BEFORE YOUR ATM CARDS GET HACKED BY YAHOO BOYS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9P7MI9oz74

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by TheWolfen(m): 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
Lol
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by SmartPolician: 9:02am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference?

People already know this.

I have never seen a language so complete like the English language.

The Englishmen travelled so well in the past, saw new things they didn't have in their country and gave them English name.

3 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by gaby(m): 9:03am On Apr 13, 2022
Am I your mate? grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by chatinent: 9:03am On Apr 13, 2022
You know our age difference, right?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by coolcharm(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm older than you with how many years?

That's the correct way to ask the question.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by CountryTireMan(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know the age difference between you and I?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by hope4nigeria(m): 9:04am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
I'm your father

1 Like

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Gkemz: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm so many years ahead of you.
or

Do you know the long age difference between us?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2022
Another dumb post
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by teginx: 9:05am On Apr 13, 2022
Find x
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by jditimiya(m): 9:05am On Apr 13, 2022
Am much older than you.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by BigDawsNet: 9:06am On Apr 13, 2022
Are we age mates?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by marsup: 9:06am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know the age difference between you and I?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ACCURETE(m): 9:07am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Sentence.

ANY?
What's the age difference between you & I?
or
Hope you know our age different
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Ddigit: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2022
How older, am I to you?

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Diffen: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years did I senior you with?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Godmademan(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
How much do I old you... Lmao

How much younger are you than I am?

English is not my mate abeg

2 Likes

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Dagreeen: 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
The problem here is that sometimes it may not be possible to interprete to English language according to the lines of the original sentence. All that matters is if it gives the same meaning.

I'm I your age-mate?

This is the best interpretation to me
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by babamoha(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
What is the age difference between the two of us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ShaqFu: 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know the age difference between I and you? Chai! English hard sha.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Dagreeen: 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
cry
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by mhmsadyq(m): 9:09am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know how many years i'm older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by twilliamx(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know how many years older I am than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by superemmy(m): 9:10am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know how much older I am than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by TeddBundy: 9:10am On Apr 13, 2022
With how many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by DamnnNiggarr: 9:11am On Apr 13, 2022
shocked
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by nuland(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2022
'Do you have an idea what the age difference between you and I is?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Akhee: 9:12am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
Person go just wake up at the wrong side of him bed come dey ask rubbish. Dem tell you the answer you still dey ask are you sure about this....
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by emoa2002(m): 9:12am On Apr 13, 2022
I am older than you with how many years?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Parent's Reply To A Teacher's Comment On Child's School Report Card / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.