Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? (40524 Views)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / How Do We Say NEPA Don Bring Light With Correct English / Dash: What Is The Correct English Word For Giving One Money Without Taking Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by tnerro1(m): 10:00am On Apr 13, 2022
Am I your mate...... case closed
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by engrfaruq(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2022
How older am I to you? Putting years and much is tautology.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by riczy(m): 10:03am On Apr 13, 2022
English no b ur mate abeg! Pidgin Too sweet to speak abeg!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Abdullah1234: 10:03am On Apr 13, 2022
What is your age difference ?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by benqo01(m): 10:03am On Apr 13, 2022
Like how many years are my older than you
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by okunwaye(m): 10:04am On Apr 13, 2022
What's our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by GreyLaw(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2022
jditimiya:
Am much older than you.

Please, when referring to yourself it is "I am or I'm," not "Am".
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by secnelly: 10:05am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Unrated900(m): 10:05am On Apr 13, 2022
Rubbish
You turned naira landers to cruise play
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Jumak(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age difference
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by deavicky(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2022
Hartugrin27:

Jesus!!!!!����
e reach to shout Jesus
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Bitcoinplug1: 10:07am On Apr 13, 2022
I'm pretty much older than you
Znation:
Hello everyone.. Please i need help right now.

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

She said i should help her with the the correct english to this sentence;

How Many Years I Take Senior You?

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

Someone should help, because she is waiting for me to finish my call.

What is the correct english please!

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;
(How Many Years I Take Senior You)

Maybe, there is no best grammer to that s
Sentence.

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by micflo28(m): 10:07am On Apr 13, 2022
What is our age difference or in terms of seniority, what’s the number years difference amongst our age?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ohosi4real(m): 10:09am On Apr 13, 2022
The right answer is, how many years do I take from your age.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Johnsown1(m): 10:11am On Apr 13, 2022
What do you think that is the age difference between us?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by PharNEWS(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2022
How many years older is my age to yours?

I can only agree more to this translation for now!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by sagacioustony: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know the age gap or difference between I and you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Soffyh(m): 10:12am On Apr 13, 2022
Do you know how much older I am to you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by imagrg(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2022
What's the age difference between us?
Znation:

This is a very big temptation for me, because i'm a graduate and i don't want to fall my hand.

My junior sister of 14 years just asked me to help her in correcting this sentence.

The question seems easy, but i think i need help b4 i disgrace myself as a graduate.

I just take style do like say i wan make call, and decided to come to nairaland.

"Though, from the suggestions i've got here, i've told her that; "What is our age differece" is the correct one.

But i'm still doubting it anyways, because from the question, the person asking that question is older. But "what is our age difference" dosn't specifies who is older as in the question;

Sentence.

ANY?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by imagrg(m): 10:14am On Apr 13, 2022
grin
micflo28:
What is our age difference or in terms of seniority, what’s the number years difference amongst our age?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Double0h7(f): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2022
A direct translation would be: How many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by frleopardo: 10:16am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?
by what amount/number of years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by imagrg(m): 10:18am On Apr 13, 2022
grin.
Poor grammar.
PharNEWS:
How many years older is my age to yours?

I can only agree more to this translation for now!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by jditimiya(m): 10:19am On Apr 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

Please, when referring to yourself it is "I am or I'm," not "Am".

Oga if you they teach English for school, no be me you go teach okay. We are having fun here no be English class we dey.
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by hakm5: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:
Make una help me abeg.. I don even browse am for google, but i no see better answer..

if i no anwser this question, im finished.
Correct English translation is
What is our age difference?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by DrFunmisticGlow: 10:20am On Apr 13, 2022
By how many years am I older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Pinkie2018(f): 10:22am On Apr 13, 2022
Raymond0008:
Try to find out how many years am older than you,

I hope that answer help.
It's like saying'Try go find how many years I take senior you' : ;DD
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ume1000: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2022
kollinz1234:
I think it should be 'how much older am I to you?
tnx
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by onlinestaff2020: 10:23am On Apr 13, 2022
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

If you study English Language basically grammatical structure,. you will understand that this is a topic in DIRECT and INDIRECT SPEECH (REPORTED SPEECH)

Anyway, the answer is by changing the positions (How Many Years I Take Senior You) = I AM OLDER THAN YOU WITH HOW MANY YEARS?

Don't forget that the pidgin statement was in a question form.

Cheers!
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2022
Can you tell me the number of years I'm older than you?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2022
How older am I to ur age?
Re: Who Can Help Me In Translating This Pidgin English To Correct English? by ndako89: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2022
What is the positive age difference between us?
Znation:

Sentence.

ANY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Federal Polytechnic Idah Spelt 'Acknowledgement' And 'Confirm' On Its Portal / 35 Candidates Miss UNILORIN Post-utme Over Indecent Dressing / Nigerian Students And Hilarious Exam Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.