Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,233 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks (39950 Views)

Where Nigerian Immigrants Can Flourish In Canada: 8 City Recommendations / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics) / Nigerian Lady Assaulted At Warere Beach Hotel In Zanzibar, Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by BotherMleeper(m): 11:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Kriss216:

End of story.

Business gone wrong.

I seriously doubt that girl went there just to be by herself. I suspect there's a man involved.

She probably wanted something for nothing, and he wanted something for everything, and then the deal went south and she went off reporting when he tried to extract his pound of flesh.

Why anyone would travel solo to that country, of all places, on their birthday beats me. Usually people spend special occasions with loved ones, not travel solo to a strange country where you know no one.

I suspect her motives and narrative.

5 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by LaconicINC: 11:05am On Apr 18, 2022
phineas:
Ok ill speak from personal experiences and those of other colleagues

Nigerians need to be very careful with these other African countries especially those of East Africa.Their police will attempt to extort you and dont get me started on the people...its best to stay professional with them at all times and keep everything recorded. They are moat likely revording you too anyway. Be smart and play safe always.You may need it

Theres like an institutional hate against Nigerians going on there.Nigerians are not safe with those people.Either in carrear and definately not solitary travel.

Theres this unhealthy rivalry against Nigerians who are absolutely unaware of this at first till the harm has been done.Its sad that its spilling onto the next generation and we definately cant let them go into an ambush such as this one unprepared. Was it not in SA a top shot Nigerian bussiness /carrear woman was murdered despite her room been locked? Was that one also a runs babe? What if she was a runs babe? She paid for a service and got what instead?

Tell Nigerians especially the younger ones to be wary of East Africa ,and East Africans.I expect the country to address every reported greivance with a sledge hammer approach.What the Yorubas call Kilagbe,kile ju.

Thats the only way to address this.It must never be taken as normal that our people or children will be made to feel unsafe anywhere in the world because of their Nationality.

Lastly thank you to those Nigerians and well wishers that left 12,000 comments on their google review pages.I'm proud of you all thats poetic justice, caise it appears to be the only thing they care about. The hotel should not only be toast their tourism sector must shake from our wrath.

That statement from the hotel was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

I think you should install grammarly in your phone or laptop, can't you see the many spelling errors in your post?
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by LaconicINC: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2022
There is sense in your analysis, I don't think we have the full picture of what truly happened.
Originalsly:
I'm still chewing on her story ... just can't swallow it. Too many things not normal. She had reservations about travelling alone as a female ... but yet slept naked? ... on pretty much the first night? Lights out... room dark... rapist somehow enters the dark room ... takes off all his clothes... lays besides her on the dark bed... and strokes her breasts? .. rapist engaging in pre intimacy? ... and steering her hands to get a grip of his gadget? This must be the world's gentlest rapist ... the first and the last. More like they were probably hanging out earlier... she got high... he brought her back to the room... she undressed and fell aleep... and he made a move. He first fondled her breasts... and she didn't react... said she thought it was a dream ... maybe he took that to mean it was OK to continue ... got undressed and ready for action... and continued where he left off... handling her breasts and moving her hand to get a good grip of his goody... and that's when she came to herself.... two hours down from the high.... when she can now smell the guy. Place was dark... can't see... but knew the guy was naked. Wake up with strange naked cool and calm man in bed... and wouldn't scream? ... even a dumb woman would scream so loud that every drunk in 5he hotel would hear... it is the go to weapon in every woman's defense arsenal. But noooo ... she is thinking of running her hands on his body to identify him... really? The guy in turn ... finds her mouth in the dark and covers it. At 2 a.m he agrees to leave the room to go get a condom... from where?... the Mall?... and return to start the main course. Really?... just one more ... the guy took $1100 from her purse ... out for the day with $1100 in purse?.. in hotel? Why didn't the guy take it in the first place while she was asleep? More like the guy took back money paid for services not rendered.... more likely one of the Russian guys she was hanging out with all day. Almost nothing she alleged makes sense. I agree with the findings that it was a personal matter ... agreement gone wrong. Extortionist.

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by rajiedreez: 11:09am On Apr 18, 2022
They just confirmed her story

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by favinvest: 11:11am On Apr 18, 2022
She should have been arrested by the Nigerian police for going to another 3rd World country to waste our precious naira..

What happened to obodu cattle range etc..

Is that zanzibar village better than our own Nigeria obodu cattle range and the rest?

Zero patriotism is what today Nigerian youth are known for, yet when they enter trouble abroad they still want the Nigeria that they have forsaken to stand for them..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by NamelessOGBENI(m): 11:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Kriss216:

End of story.

Business gone wrong.
Funny enough, that was what you've been saying since the news filter to the world.

Objectivity is a goal.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by ladyn4real(f): 11:18am On Apr 18, 2022
I think the girl did the right thing by declining to continue the case because already they have shown her red right which means her life might be in danger if tries to continue the case.... imagine some thing that happened in the hotel room and they called it a personal matter, wicked and heartless is what they are, useless hotel, they taught the girl would keep quiet by treating her bad and stealing her money... they're not serious.

7 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by LotaTee: 11:21am On Apr 18, 2022
Originalsly:
I'm still chewing on her story ... just can't swallow it. Too many things not normal. She had reservations about travelling alone as a female ... but yet slept naked? ... on pretty much the first night? Lights out... room dark... rapist somehow enters the dark room ... takes off all his clothes... lays besides her on the dark bed... and strokes her breasts? .. rapist engaging in pre intimacy? ... and steering her hands to get a grip of his gadget? This must be the world's gentlest rapist ... the first and the last. More like they were probably hanging out earlier... she got high... he brought her back to the room... she undressed and fell aleep... and he made a move. He first fondled her breasts... and she didn't react... said she thought it was a dream ... maybe he took that to mean it was OK to continue ... got undressed and ready for action... and continued where he left off... handling her breasts and moving her hand to get a good grip of his goody... and that's when she came to herself.... two hours down from the high.... when she can now smell the guy. Place was dark... can't see... but knew the guy was naked. Wake up with strange naked cool and calm man in bed... and wouldn't scream? ... even a dumb woman would scream so loud that every drunk in 5he hotel would hear... it is the go to weapon in every woman's defense arsenal. But noooo ... she is thinking of running her hands on his body to identify him... really? The guy in turn ... finds her mouth in the dark and covers it. At 2 a.m he agrees to leave the room to go get a condom... from where?... the Mall?... and return to start the main course. Really?... just one more ... the guy took $1100 from her purse ... out for the day with $1100 in purse?.. in hotel? Why didn't the guy take it in the first place while she was asleep? More like the guy took back money paid for services not rendered.... more likely one of the Russian guys she was hanging out with all day. Almost nothing she alleged makes sense. I agree with the findings that it was a personal matter ... agreement gone wrong. Extortionist.
When next you go to the US or if you're there currently, I dare you to please try out the same @emboldened on a 'wasted' girl. If you will not spend a number of years cooling in US prison like that rapist nairalander. Nonsense.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by BloomingDale(f): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2022
dat9jaguy:

Who be dis?
Abeg getat.

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by faithfull18(f): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2022
Oldoinyolengai:
She said she told a rapist to go and collect condoms, and the rapist abided to her.
Instead of taking her case to the court, she opted to demand $ 10k.
Some people can't be separated from crimes.
Taking her case to court in a place they were conversing with themselves in a language they knew she didn't understand?

Are you quick to forget the case of a lady who was robbed by a native in Togo, can't remember the country now but it's an African country. She was wrongly imprisoned and the Nigerian government didn't step in until she died.

3 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 18, 2022
lilachiever:

Did you watch the videos she posted or not? Those videos are enough evidence.

So just zip it if you have nothing meaningful to share. This is a very sensitive matter.

Despite the fact that you were corrected maturely, you still exhibited your lack of manners. So sad
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by bizzibodi(m): 11:25am On Apr 18, 2022
This story is some how...a lone gal Lodge in an hotel in a Strange land,on her first night she slept nakef,left the door open,off d light,some thing touched her nipples,she still dream on,the thing still use her hand to feel a snake that is when she woke up to confirm it is not a dream....as for me as a man if I woked up to see a strange nude lady on my bed I didn't invite i will scream the roof off & flee like a cheetah...imagine something touch you in d dark it could a cobra or mamba.
No attempt to make for the door,rather telling d intruder to go & get a condom and the rapist complied.
She saw two security guards outside but she didn't report no witnesses.
My conclusion is that she just wanted to fleece the hotel of $10,000.
I remember a story of a gal,one man gave a ride,she left an empty purse on the front seat,the driver found it,inside her phone number & called her to come and collect it,she came on that day at an arranged location,the man handover d purse to her...she open it ,held the man & raised hell that her #200k is missing the man must refund it,d man was almost lynched by d mob,when a wiseman saw the small purse he told the crowd that #200k of #500 & #1000 cannot fit into that small purse that is how the innocent man was freed.

4 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by LotaTee: 11:26am On Apr 18, 2022
BotherMleeper:

I seriously doubt that girl went there just to be by herself. I suspect there's a man involved.

She probably wanted something for nothing, and he wanted something for everything, and then the deal went south and she went off reporting when he tried to extract his pound of flesh.

Why anyone would travel solo to that country, of all places, on their birthday beats me. Usually people spend special occasions with loved ones, not travel solo to a strange country where you know no one.

I suspect her motives and narrative.
Neanderthal, your brain cannot simply accept the fact that a female can be young, successful and enjoying life all by herself without a man involved. She committed no crime by choosing to holiday in another country all by herself. Gosh, bunch of uncivilized males. You better get rid of that poverty mentality ASAP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Imbecilicsamuel: 11:27am On Apr 18, 2022
ebukajay184:
Earlier Thread:
In a statement released on Sunday 17th April, 2022, the management of the hotel said when the incident happened, it filed a report before the police. The management says the police report indicated that Miss Zainab's case was a personal one and was not a result of negligence on the part of the hotel.

Why are they talking from both sides of their mouth?

I thought Tanzania people have sense?

Owners/management of hotels should be investigated before patronage. This is what you get from a hotel managed by active/retired criminals/fraudsters.

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by dat9jaguy(m): 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022
lilachiever:

Accused unfairly?

Did you realise she got the Minister of Tourism and the Vice President of the country involved?

Would anyone have that kind of confidence on a false accusation?

Believe whatever you want. All I know is when these kinds of accusations are made everyone will be forming political correctness even if they hold a different opinion privately.

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 11:33am On Apr 18, 2022
faithfull18:

Taking her case to court in a place they were conversing with themselves in a language they knew she didn't understand?

Are you quick to forget the case of a lady who was robbed by a native in Togo, can't remember the country now but it's an African country. She was wrongly imprisoned and the Nigerian government didn't step in until she died.

Well, She didn't understand Kiswahili.
Did she call Nigerian embassy in Tanzania and inform them of her allegations?

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by dat9jaguy(m): 11:34am On Apr 18, 2022
[quote author=BloomingDale post=112052187][/quote]

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by lagosrd: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2022
A word is enough for the wise. Simply as don't go there for any reason until they change their security and show seriousness. Even Nigeria with security issues , you rarely hear of such stuffs ex dpt for those skull miners asonilenu. Just a few of them though
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2022
feeloscar:
When South Africans deal with Nigerians, do you think Congolese and Tanzanians are left out? Imagine this one too dey talk against Nigerians, kai our rulers(not leaders) don finish this country kpata kpata.
Xenophobic operations are primarily for Nigerians, that's why whenever they are undertaking the loudest cry comes from Naija.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by shevchenko(m): 11:47am On Apr 18, 2022
Just looking at the comments. I am forced to say Nigerians are ruthless,unsympathetic people.
Nigerians should not hold positions where the lives of vulnerable people, women and affairs are under their care .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by brandsoncharlie: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2022
Originalsly:
She has a witness to testify to her case, there's a Russian couple that made a video to attest to it. Stop shouting up and down.
Why has the hotel not debunk it as false and sue her instead for trying to ruin their reputation per their rules of engagement with customers?

7 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Fashdeejay(m): 11:59am On Apr 18, 2022
Reading through these comments and this is the reason why a lot of raw victims don't share their stories. Many people will water down their pain and twist it around, make it seem like they wanted it and it brings me to conclude a lot of the kids on here have early traits of narcissism or maybe some are full narcissists already.... As much as there are some gaps in her narration, it is expected of a person who went through stuff, the response of the resort's PRO is on the other hand funny and obviously retaliatory just to save face. A security official who doesn't understand the language(according to the victims explanation) and she wants to shag him?? If there is one thing I know meeting Nigerian women in other countries, they carry themselves very well... Now, she was almost raped and she didn't speak earlier because these responses could have led her to depression and ultimately suicide because some of these grown kids will say crap and not understand the gravity of the situation... She is someone's daughter and could very easily be your sister. Many people sleep naked, even when they are in a hotel, I do it... It is not new.... Hotels always have spare keys incase of emergencies.
We need to be more sensitive to the plight of the women folk, it can happen to someone you know and because of it they take their own lives...

6 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2022
gozie112:
ur people are many here in Lagos I have two as my best friend here,peci and Omega
Even Nigerians are EVERYWHERE.
It's not a coincidence Nigeria and her people is known in and out.
If bullying and dirty games reciprocated to you, your population size will not come to your rescue.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Kazikazi: 12:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
Scam scam

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
kingmill:
The police report indicated that this was a personal case, and not negligence on the part of the Warere.
Questions arising for determination:
1) The complainant alledged that her room was locked when she went to bed that night and to her surprise she was woked up by the touch of a man groping her body... Did you bother to find who did that ?
2) If her case is as a result of any personal agreement or what ever .... Did the hotel management or the police conduct further investigation to know what will warrant a person to enter into a hotel room of lady knowing fully well that she was alone ?
3) Your excuse that her complain is a personal case.... What is a personal case?
4) Because it's a personal case in your own opinion.... You categorically justified the act of the intruder ?
If you see merit in your defense perhaps excuse then, you're an accomplice for concealment of offense.

Is it that you don't read or you find it hard to understand words? Now to your questions

1. Do you understand the word consensual? It was an agreement on both sides. The lady MUST have had more drink. According to the resort, she had an agreement with the guy(that was the first response by the hotel)

2. The lady dropped the case and demanded for $10,000 for damages. The resort told her they won't pay until the case is being judged by the appropriate quarters.

3. A case that involves parties based on relationship without a written agreement signed and stamped by any government agency is a personal matter.

4. The guy seems not to be an intruder but a partner.

See there was no struggling or any bodily harm. A rapist whom she claim strangulate her without any mark around her neck was just playing with her.

She never shouted but decided to sneak to another man's room is just plain rubbish. That lady is just high. Forget all the kid on this platform typing rubbish. The girl is clearly a scammer

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Kazikazi: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2022
Zanzibar Tanzania

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:08pm On Apr 18, 2022
Starzo:

Still doesn't change the fact that you wretched gorillas from other African safaries can't measure up to an average Nigerian when placed side by side

Idiot! we step on on on every level
In madness and its outcomes, nobody can surpass Nigeria.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front / Police Officers, Passengers Involved In Motor Accident In Lagos (Photos) / The New Terminal, Malam Aminu Kano International Airport In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.