Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks (39958 Views)

Where Nigerian Immigrants Can Flourish In Canada: 8 City Recommendations / Lady Killed By Nigerian Man In US Was A Prostitute Who Robbed Him (pics) / Nigerian Lady Assaulted At Warere Beach Hotel In Zanzibar, Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

She has a witness to testify to her case, there's a Russian couple that made a video to attest to it. Stop shouting up and down.
Why has the hotel not debunk it as false and sue her instead for trying to ruin their reputation per their rules of engagement with customers?

Why would they sue her? Are you that daft? The only thing to do is to help her pursue the case legitimately. They are even ready to accept paying her for damages if the case was found to be true. However, the lady in question is the one not interested in pursuing the case and was demanding $10,000 compensation.

We all should protect our women but not at the detriment of others. We should all frown against evil and treacherous humans.

Try to be reasonable

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kriss216:

End of story.

Business gone wrong.
Watery brain

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
Babalegba:
The corrupt police said attempted rape and theft is a personal matter and you are saying end of story. Are you normal at all.
Leave that mollusc. Someone almost got raped in a hotel and it's negligence on the part of the victim? What kind of mentally retard statement is this? And the mollusc is supporting them. We have useless people in this country

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
dat9jaguy:

See how you are confidently defending an incident you were not a witness to. You are quoting her own statement as the honest to God truth.
An advice to you is don't jump into conclusion hearing from only one side, you are bound to make error in judgment. Always keep an open mind until you hear from every side.
You don't have single sense. A girl almost got raped in a hotel and it's negligence on the part of the victim? Are u stu.pid?

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
ladyn4real:
I think the girl did the right thing by declining to continue the case because already they have shown her red right which means her life might be in danger if tries to continue the case.... imagine some thing that happened in the hotel room and they called it a personal matter, wicked and heartless is what they are, useless hotel, they taught the girl would keep quiet by treating her bad and stealing her money... they're not serious.

And the best thing to do after declining is to request for $10,000?
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by mesonet: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2022
It is impossible for her to pursue the case. Someone that came for vacation will start a court? They should settled her out of court instead of this embarrassment

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:27pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ddworld:

Is it that you don't read or you find it hard to understand words? Now to your questions

1. Do you understand the word consensual? It was an agreement on both sides. The lady MUST have had more drink. According to the resort, she had an agreement with the guy(that was the first response by the hotel)

2. The lady dropped the case and demanded for $10,000 for damages. The resort told her they won't pay until the case is being judged by the appropriate quarters.

3. A case that involves parties based on relationship without a written agreement signed and stamped by any government agency is a personal matter.

4. The guy seems not to be an intruder but a partner.

See there was no struggling or any bodily harm. A rapist whom she claim strangulate her without any mark around her neck was just playing with her.

She never shouted but decided to sneak to another man's room is just plain rubbish. That lady is just high. Forget all the kid on this platform typing rubbish. The girl is clearly a scammer
People like you (if you're Nigerian) are the one who make it impossible to believe that Nigeria as whole is cursed.

We know there are both Sane and Insane Nigerians but the ratio is highly imbalanced, almost to none. That's why seems useless to find sanity between the majority insane. Your comment has revealed the richness of your mind, congratulations.

Incident like Zainabu's will put host in those countries you will ever visit on suspicion and high alert level. Try as hard as you can to not attach yourself with negative events.

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by mesonet: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ddworld:

And the best thing to do after declining is to request for $10,000?

So if you plan a vacation, probably for 1 week, you leave everything and start pursuing a phantom case in Tanzania? Settlement is not out of place

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Visasolution048: 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oldoinyolengai:
Nothing good of it.
As usual..Judgement based on them say.
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Ekwutox: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
Originalsly:
I'm still chewing on her story ... just can't swallow it. Too many things not normal. She had reservations about travelling alone as a female ... but yet slept naked? ... on pretty much the first night? Lights out... room dark...

I like sleeping naked especially when am alone. There's nothing wrong with it.

rapist somehow enters the dark room ... takes off all his clothes... lays besides her on the dark bed... and strokes her breasts? .. rapist engaging in pre intimacy? ... and steering her hands to get a grip of his gadget? This must be the world's gentlest rapist ... the first and the last. More like they were probably hanging out earlier... she got high... he brought her back to the room... she undressed and fell aleep... and he made a move./[quote]

The rapist had access to her room keys. This was happening around 2am according to her so this rapist guy was fondly her quietly so as to not wake her up or so.

[quote]He first fondled her breasts... and she didn't react... said she thought it was a dream ... maybe he took that to mean it was OK to continue ... got undressed and ready for action... and continued where he left off... handling her breasts and moving her hand to get a good grip of his goody... and that's when she came to herself.... two hours down from the high.... when she can now smell the guy.

There's no where in her story where she claimed the rapist was handling her for two hours straight and besides if you were alone in a locked room and felt something unusual, you wouldn't really think much about it at first especially when your groggy and disoriented from sleep.

Place was dark... can't see... but knew the guy was naked. Wake up with strange naked cool and calm man in bed... and wouldn't scream? ... even a dumb woman would scream so loud that every drunk in 5he hotel would hear... it is the go to weapon in every woman's defense arsenal.

She knew he was naked because he was stroking his penis. There is this feeling called shock and people express it in different ways. You know this phrase "frozen in shock" or too "stunned to speak or move"? And even if she screamed to the high heavens it would further aggravate the man and as a result, putting her life in danger.

But noooo ... she is thinking of running her hands on his body to identify him... really? The guy in turn ... finds her mouth in the dark and covers it. At 2 a.m he agrees to leave the room to go get a condom... from where?... the Mall?... and return to start the main course. Really?... just one more ... the guy took $1100 from her purse ... out for the day with $1100 in purse?.. in hotel? Why didn't the guy take it in the first place while she was asleep? More like the guy took back money paid for services not rendered.... more likely one of the Russian guys she was hanging out with all day. Almost nothing she alleged makes sense. I agree with the findings that it was a personal matter ... agreement gone wrong. Extortionist.

She lied to the rapist that she had HIV so that, maybe he would leave alone for her to escape to safety because there was no way she was going to fight him off. Hotels have steady supplies for condoms and even if that hotel don't provide, the rapist could have easily gotten it from his accomplice or from some one else there. What has having $1100 to spend for the day got to do with anything? @ the bolded, are you accusing the Russian guy of sending the rapist into her room to rape and collect back the money for services not rendered?
I don't understand the nonsense you just wrote. So married man who was with his wife, paid for sex with another woman and when she didn't "render the services" he sent a thug to rape and collect back the money? Really?

She must be a prostitute abi? Sex work gone wrong ba?

6 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Kazikazi: 12:31pm On Apr 18, 2022
mesonet:
It is impossible for her to pursue the case. Someone that came for vacation will start a court? They should settled her out of court instead of this embarrassment
No No no.The lady can't be believed like a holy angel. She is a human,she might be true or she might be lying. The solution is for Nigerian embassy to meet with tz officials then arrange a court case and bring a lady for a court case.Whoever is found gguilt, will pay for the expenses.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Ybaby: 12:33pm On Apr 18, 2022
Aidejay:
lol. This Can't Happen To A White Woman.

Lemme Not Even Go Far, This Can't Happen To Ordinary White Skinned South African.

Shout it!!!!!!! This is sooo true because they know thier country will bring war to them

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Starzo:

Madness you say?.. remind me again why your family ran away your safari village to go settle in another cow sh!t smelling safari wasteland.

If your family had they chance to come to Nigeria in their time of need you wouldn't be smelling cow piss for breakfast in Tanzania.

PS there are many of your brothers and sisters that were fortunate enough be accepted into Nigeria doing menial jobs to get by here and nobody notices nor harasses them.

We don't suffer from inferiority complex and vile hate like the rest of you safari baboons
Let's hope sense will come to you before your brain has attained its full rigidity.
If not you're own madness will be incurable and cling on you to your grave.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Oldoinyolengai(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Starzo:

If Nigeria decided to 'bully' you safari animals you'd be sharing cages with gorillas
What is wrong with being Safari Animal? Of course we are, so what?

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by mesonet: 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kazikazi:
No No no.The lady can't be believed like a holy angel. She is a human,she might be true or she might be lying. The solution is for Nigerian embassy to meet with tz officials then arrange a court case and bring a lady for a court case.Whoever is found gguilt, will pay for the expenses.

Do you even know what is involved in court cases? Nigeria embassy will be appearing in court for you, a criminal case that needs a cross examination? Like you did not read that she called our embassy and they didn't respond. Settlement was the best option. They would have been saved this embarrassment. If it is in UK or US that protects female, may be possible. And damages may reach $1M not Tanzania that will blame her

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Ybaby: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2022
PermSec01:
I've been noticing yhur comment since....i think yhu like choosing on the wrong side kind of....ion knw if it cruise or yhu just a callous, inhumane and sumone dat lacks compassion... How can dey call dat a personal matter and exonerate the hotel, such a hefty matter as such....had it been she didn't lock her door I will agree.... She said she locked d door... Only for her to sleep and in d middle of d nite sumone was sexual harassing her and almost rape and killed her, and her money was stolen... And dey tagged dat personal matter, did she invite the unknown suspect to assault and rape her while asleep.... Ion get it.... If d hotel don't harbor criminals among them in dia vicinity wud dat av happened.... So why will dey exonerate the hotel....to make matter worst d werey police ppu were trying to bully her.... And dey were speaking language she was alien to.... Is dat how sumone behave to a foreigner in distress, if it was in a white man land we would have been shouting Racism, so wat do we call dis..... C'mon d hotel and police are mad 2geda.... But the lady shud av pursued the case to the very end and make sure she collect back her dollar to the last cent and ruin d reputation of dat useless hotel and its management

Remember Itunu Babalola, is dead. She pursued the matter to the very end and they poured it on her head in Ivory Coast. I believe she was smart to come home and fight from her turf... One must know when to run and fight after a year. She is a brave girl and I am not going to Zanzibar neither is any lady. Women know that lack of physical strength is our weakness so we appreciate Zainab for alerting us ..... Wereewere resort is mad as if the person you are replying...... like you said he is touching upstairs.

8 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Kazikazi: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
VEHINTOLAR:
Why on earth would a Nigerian pick Tanzania as a vacation destination of all countries in the world ? Zainab,yousef fall hand ! If you must travel out,why not South Africa or even Kenya? Someone even said that Tanzanian girls are the most beautiful in Africa ! I laugh in swahili ! Anyway,that's what happens when you have a 'worwor' taste and you can't really differentiate between Palm wine and a cool bottle of Champagne ! Hmmm,yeye,those dirty Tanzanian girls don't even come any close to Naija babes in terms of beauty and sophistication. As for that useless hotel and its management, you guys are bunch of criminals.
The south Africans themselves are flocking in Tanzania for holiday.what will u say about that?
Mind u,most of the tourist coming to Tanzania are Russians per last year figures,what wil u say?
Naija folks are hardly coming to Tz due to their low income.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2022
BloomingDale:
Next time they will take a Nigerian complaint seriously. If not, a nuclear bomb will land in their country.
who wan launch am?
Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by faithfull18(f): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oldoinyolengai:
She said she told a rapist to go and collect condoms, and the rapist abided to her.
Instead of taking her case to the court, she opted to demand $ 10k.
Some people can't be separated from crimes.
Taking her case to court in a place they were conversing with themselves in a language they knew she didn't understand?

Are you quick to forget the case of a lady who was robbed by a native in Togo, can't remember the country now but it's an African country. She was wrongly imprisoned and the Nigerian government didn't step in until she died..

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by faithfull18(f): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oldoinyolengai:
Well, She didn't understand Kiswahili.
Did she call Nigerian embassy in Tanzania and inform them of her allegations?
Go and read the initial story. She did, nobody picked.

1 Like

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by Starzo: 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2022
Oldoinyolengai:
What is wrong with being Safari Animal? Of course we are, so what?

I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Warere Beach Hotel, Zanzibar, Tanzania Where Nigerian Lady Was Robbed Speaks by srclark: 12:57pm On Apr 18, 2022
phineas:
Ok ill speak from personal experiences and those of other colleagues

Nigerians need to be very careful with these other African countries especially those of East Africa.Their police will attempt to extort you and dont get me started on the people...its best to stay professional with them at all times and keep everything recorded. They are moat likely revording you too anyway. Be smart and play safe always.You may need it

Theres like an institutional hate against Nigerians going on there.Nigerians are not safe with those people.Either in carrear and definately not solitary travel.

Theres this unhealthy rivalry against Nigerians who are absolutely unaware of this at first till the harm has been done.Its sad that its spilling onto the next generation and we definately cant let them go into an ambush such as this one unprepared. Was it not in SA a top shot Nigerian bussiness /carrear woman was murdered despite her room been locked? Was that one also a runs babe? What if she was a runs babe? She paid for a service and got what instead?

Tell Nigerians especially the younger ones to be wary of East Africa ,and East Africans.I expect the country to address every reported greivance with a sledge hammer approach.What the Yorubas call Kilagbe,kile ju.

Thats the only way to address this.It must never be taken as normal that our people or children will be made to feel unsafe anywhere in the world because of their Nationality.

Lastly thank you to those Nigerians and well wishers that left 12,000 comments on their google review pages.I'm proud of you all thats poetic justice, caise it appears to be the only thing they care about. The hotel should not only be toast their tourism sector must shake from our wrath.

That statement from the hotel was the proverbial straw that broke the camels back.

we Nigerians are bad ambassadors whenever we are out there ,i have stayed in at least 2 east African countries and i must tell you we have presented ourselves as dishonest and heartless people .We never have it in mind that my country man might come here tomorrow we just do whatever it takes for the gain at the moment .Not like i support rape or robbery it would be hard for her to explain to police or the hotel management even if her claims are true cause they already have a mindset about Nigerians .Let me share my own story i wanted to use my bank card issued by an east African bank but cause my form of ID at the hotel i was staying was Nigerian they had to do alot of double checking .Honestly we really need to do better as Nigerians when we are out there if not for anything but for the sake of humanity and our fellow country men

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Police Officers, Passengers Involved In Motor Accident In Lagos (Photos) / Woman Sleeping On A Moving Truck (Photos) / The New Terminal, Malam Aminu Kano International Airport In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.