Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul (3362 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
did you attend school at all? grin

You attended and you are this dumb?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 8:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

It controls the heart.
The heart can beat without it.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 8:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=LordReed post=112216759][/quote]

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You attended and you are this dumb?
idiot, that's not how it work. cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 8:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
idiot, that's not how it work. cheesy

How does it work Moro.n? cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 8:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

LordReed:

Wrong. Your heart rate which is controlled by your brain has nothing to do with your mind, several of the brain's functions have nothing to do with the mind. Apparently it is you having a hard time understanding it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 8:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

English word, “Brain”, gotten from old English “brain locker” the brain locker controls the heart rate.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Fayos1(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
yes, meaning that the head is the brain and the brain is the soul and the soul is the head cheesy
Can't just stop laughing....
Like for real?
Immaterial brain is a new one.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Ken4Christ: 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
Superd14:
Please what is the difference between spirit and soul pastor in the house

Your spirit is the real you. Your soul is your mind, will and emotions. It is with your spirit you make contact with the spirit world. Your soul makes contact with the intellectual world.

The voice of your spirit is your conscience while the voice of your soul is reasoning.

When a man gets born again, it is the spirit that receives a new life from God. Nothing happened to your soul and body.

It is your responsibility to save your soul. And you do it by renewing your mind, controlling your emotions and submitting to the will of God.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 6:58am On Apr 24, 2022
Fayos1:

Can't just stop laughing....
Like for real?
Immaterial brain is a new one.
Maynman is Just plain stupid cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

You said this, now you are not using google, you are not straightforward. If you saw it in a Bronze Age story book, say it

That was not an irony and it goes with your question.

You call my book stone age in disgust!
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:35am On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

That was not an irony and it goes with your question.

You call my book stone age in disgust!

Wasn’t you that called “google” in disgust first?
Why are you now playing victim?
Is that what you guys are taught in Islam?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 8:20am On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

Wasn’t you that called “google” in disgust first?
Why are you now playing victim?
Is that what you guys are taught in Islam?
I use Google too. And i don't take Islam with light hand.

You can't abuse my book with such disgust.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 8:29am On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

I use Google too. And i don't take Islam with light hand.

You can't abuse my book with such disgust.

You were the one that abused me using “google” first, stop playing victim. I only followed your lead, now you are crying foul. Hypocrite.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Sixfiguresmart(m): 8:58am On Apr 24, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Your spirit is the real you.
What is real you? Show me from the Bible. Where did the Bible say that the real man is the spirit? Proverbs 20:27; Job 32:8 says that the spirit is IN THE MAN. How can something IN me be the real me? James 2:26 say the body without the spirit is dead. How can it then be the real me? Job 32:8 But it is the spirit in man, the breath of the Almighty, that makes him understand.

The spirit is the breath of the Almighty. That returns to the Almighty father when we die. Ecclesiastes 12:7 How is that the real me? When God created Adam, he called him man [b]before [/b]he gave him a spirit. Genesis 2:7
Ken4Christ:
Your soul is your mind, will and emotions. It is with your spirit you make contact with the spirit world. Your soul makes contact with the intellectual world.
My goodness! Satan is your eternal bedmate. Who is teaching you all these satanic doctrines? Which is intellectual world and spirit world? Where are these worlds located? Genesis 1:1 said that God created the heavens and the earth. Who created all these worlds that you are teaching people?
Ken4Christ:

The voice of your spirit is your conscience while the voice of your soul is reasoning.
Isaiah 1:18 was God asking to intellectually reason with his people? Where did all these diabolic reasoning come from?
Ken4Christ:

When a man gets born again, it is the spirit that receives a new life from God. Nothing happened to your soul and body.
2 Corinthians 4:16. Paul does not agree with you.
Ken4Christ:

It is your responsibility to save your soul. And you do it by renewing your mind, controlling your emotions and submitting to the will of God.
Ephesians 2:8-9 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 9:21am On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

You were the one that abused me using “google” first, stop playing victim. I only followed your lead, now you are crying foul. Hypocrite.

All my religious knowledge ends in the Qu'ran and traditions of the Prophet.

If you'd say there's nothing wrong in such assertion to me.

Everything you have brought as far as i know is from Google.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 9:26am On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

All my religious knowledge ends in the Qu'ran and traditions of the Prophet.

If you'd say there's nothing wrong in such assertion to me.

Everything you have brought as far as i know is from Google.

And all you have brought as far as I know is from Quran, a Bronze Age book.. stop playing victim. I was on my own when I commented on a thread and you quoted me.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by waldigit: 1:22pm On Apr 24, 2022
Superd14:
Please what is the difference between spirit and soul pastor in the house
There are two concepts to know that can help our understanding.
1. Physical dimension of existence (living)
2. Spiritual dimension of existence ( alive)
Man was created in the spirit realm and injected into physical realm, hence became a living soul.
Angels are basically spirit being. Bible says we were made a little lower than angels. What does this mean. We were in jected into a lower dimension of existence to live.
So the idea of a soul comes up as intermediary between our spiritual being and physical being.
The soul part of man comes up when he started living in his body by interacting with his environment. ( Soul that sin shall die) Hence soul is that aspect of our being that connects us to body and our environment. Bible talked about how only the word of God can get to the division of spirit, soul and body.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 2:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

And all you have brought as far as I know is from Quran, a Bronze Age book.. stop playing victim. I was on my own when I commented on a thread and you quoted me.

Qu'ran is a bronze age book that was revealed.

Your Google is a brass age book any Tom, dick and Harry can manipulate.

Did i quote you first on this thread?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 3:04pm On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Qu'ran is a bronze age book that was revealed.

Your Google is a brass age book any Tom, dick and Harry can manipulate.

Did i quote you first on this thread?

Bronze Age book is more even easily manipulated by lay men, rapists, murderers and uneducated herders.
they manipulated it even before you were born.
Do you know what brass age is? Semitic gods are affecting you.

Did you quote me or not?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 3:09pm On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

Bronze Age book is more even easily manipulated by lay men, rapists, murderers and uneducated herders.
they manipulated it even before you were born.
Do you know what brass age is? Semitic gods are affecting you.

Did you quote me or not?

I don't think I mentioned you here.
If i mentioned you in another thread it should stop there.

At least the manipulation can't be like Google!

And i see no manipulation.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 3:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

I don't think I mentioned you here.
If i mentioned you in another thread it should stop there.

At least the manipulation can't be like Google!

And i see no manipulation.

The manipulation of Bronze Age people written by rapists, murderers, retards and uneducated people can’t be that much? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

The manipulation of Bronze Age people written by rapists, murderers, retards and uneducated people can’t be that much? grin

Who are the writers of your Google entries?

They are worse than animals.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

Who are the writers of your Google entries?

They are worse than animals.

And animals are better than your Allah.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Maynman:

And animals are better than your Allah.

No!

Your father, mother, and all your generations are not closer to an amoeba in anything.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 3:30pm On Apr 24, 2022
AntiChristian:

No!

Your father, mother, and all your generations are not closer to an amoeba in anything.

Amoeba is more useful than that Semitic fool you call Allah.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by nirwaarun: 11:14am On May 02, 2022
yes, these types of yoga positions and exercise are quite beneficial as the aspect of Neurology Disorders, but before going to any conclusion, we must seek advice from a Neurologist for any kind of Head Injury Treatment in Ludhiana
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Appleyard(m): 7:19pm On May 02, 2022
Kobojunkie:
According to God( Genesis 2 vs 7) and Jesus Christ( John 3 vs 5 - 8) it is only those who are of God that have a spirit of their own. Man was never created with a spirit of his own from his beginning. undecided
That's wrong. Man was created both spirit, soul and body.

There is a difference between the soul and spirit.

Man is a tripartite being-- made up of Body, Soul and Spirit.

The spirit is the REAL YOU. The body is the physical structure of the spirit. The soul is the central of your intelligence, subconsciousness, mind, thought, and reasoning that act as a bridge between the spirit and body for coexistence.

Now, the reason why you and I can see each other is because of the body-the physical flesh, which was made out of the earth. Otherwise, you can't see me or can't see you because you were originally a spirit being but subjected to this physical realm by the conditioning of the flesh-body.

Man is made in two different bodies...The spirit body and the physical body. The spirit body is immortal, does not die because it was made after God's own likeness. That is, the man body that was made in Genesis 1:26 is the spirit body. Since God is a spirit (John 4:24) it makes sense that he can only make someone in His likeness, hence the popular phrase "Let us make man in our own image". So, the Real man that was first made is a spirit being.

But, since God wanted man to dwell on the earth he has created, he had to create and add another nature that would allow that spirit man to live in the physical world. So God created a body (man in his physical structure ) out of the dust of the earth (Genesis 2:7). And when he breathed into his nostrils, he transferred that spirit man into the physical body made out of the dust and man became a living soul. That is, the ability to function independently in this physical world and also liaise between the spirit world. That breath is what brings about the soul--the intelligence, subconscious mind, reasoning and thought process, which is the bridge for the spirit and body to coexist. Thus, when you sleep and dream and see yourself in the dream, that yourself is the Real You-the spirit man. The ability for you to recollect and remember that dream when you wake out of it suddenly or peacefully is the function of your Soul.

Hence, when a man dies, the body returns to the earth where it originated from, and the spirit with the soul imbedded returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastics: 12:7).

Is the soul and spirit that matters. The soul that sinneth shall die.... Ezekiel 18:20. Anything sin originate from the excesses of the soul (subject to which laws of the bodies--flesh body or spirit being--it aligns with the most) because that is where your mind and reasoning and decision making (notwithstanding what influences them) comes from.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On May 02, 2022
Appleyard:
.That's wrong. Man was created both spirit, soul and body. There is a difference between the soul and spirit. Man is a tripartite being-- made up of Body, Soul and Spirit.

The spirit is the REAL YOU. The body is the physical structure of the spirit. The soul is the central of your intelligence, subconsciousness, mind, thought, and reasoning that act as a bridge between the spirit and body for coexistence.
Now, the reason why you and I can see each other is because of the body-the physical flesh, which was made out of the earth. Otherwise, you can't see me or can't see you because you were originally a spirit being but subjected to this physical realm by the conditioning of the flesh-body.
1. I am afraid your claim does not align with what is declared by God Himself

7. Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and made a man. He breathed the breath of life into the man’s nose, and the man became a living thing. - Genesis 2 vs 7
And reiterated by Jesus Christ this same. undecided
6. The only life people get from their human parents is physical. ....- John 3 vs 6
So, do we believe God or do we believe man's assumptions about these things? undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Kobojunkie: 12:04am On May 03, 2022
Appleyard:
2. Man is made in two different bodies...The spirit body and the physical body. The spirit body is immortal, does not die because it was made after God's own likeness. That is, the man body that was made in Genesis 1:26 is the spirit body.

3. Since God is a spirit (John 4:24) it makes sense that he can only make someone in His likeness, hence the popular phrase "Let us make man in our own image". So, the Real man that was first made is a spirit being.
2. God denies your claim you make here. undecided

If God had previously created man with immortality at his core, why then did God express fear that man would live forever if man ate from the tree of Life? undecided

3. Man was made in the image of God nowhere implies man had a spirit from his birth. I take a picture of myself using my phone camera does not then mean I should assume the image has a mind, body and soul because I took the picture. undecided

There is no evidence any man was created spirit this since God is written to have confirmed that man wasn't, this by His Word. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

God Is An Epic Troll / What Seem To Be The Difference Between The Old And New Covenant? / Why Did God Do These Things? Inviting Reyginus And Any Other Interested Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.