Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,376 members, 7,829,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul (3348 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

It was you that brought in heaven and hell? Why not relate it to Hinduism?
Because you statement "the brain is the soul" makes as much as any religious claim.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So how's the brain our soul?
Or should I get a dictionary defintion of soul for you?

Yes get the origin of the word “soul” for me, and the one for “brain” too.
Let’s see who coin those words out that you are using to describe yourself.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Because you statement "the brain is the soul" makes as much as any religious claim.

They are both English. Let’s look at the origin.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Yes get the origin of the word “soul” for me, and the one for “brain” too.
Let’s see who coin those words out that you are using to describe yourself.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

They are both English. Let’s look at the origin.
Ok
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=FatherOfJesus post=112203610][/quote]

Who coined the word “brain”. If you are Arabic you wont refer it to as “brain”
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Who coined the word “brain”. If you are Arabic you wont refer it to as “brain”
why are you claiming to know better than the dictionary?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
why are you claiming to know better than the dictionary?

I said check the origin of the word “brain” it is a English word, if you are Arab it won’t be called brain
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

I said check the origin of the word “brain” it is a English word, if you are Arab it won’t be called brain
why do I need to check the origin of the words when we have dictionary who tells us the meaning of the words in English?

Are you say in that the dictionary is wrong?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
why do I need to check the origin of the words when we have dictionary who tells us the meaning of the words in English?

Are you say in that the dictionary is wrong?

They got the meaning from the origin. Why not check it?
“Brain” is an English word, during Jesus time they didn’t call it “brain” what did they call it?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

They got the meaning from the origin. Why not check it?
“Brain” is an English word, during Jesus time they didn’t call it “brain” what did they call it?
Learn how not to argue ignorantly.
While arguing, always be open to learn and not close-minded.

You got to accept that you are not making sense and you cannot know more than the dictionary

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Learn how not to argue ignorantly.
While arguing, always be open to learn and not close-minded.

You got to accept that you are not making sense and you cannot know more than the dictionary

Read it al up and and see where the word came from.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:04pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Read it all, up it and see where the word came from.
OK, where does it say that the brain comes from soul.
Do you know how to read?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Read it al up and and see where the word came from.
did you read this before posting it?

There's nothing wrong is saying that you were wrong, nothing wrong. Where you become wrong is when you are willfully ignorant
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
OK, where does it say that the brain comes from soul.
Do you know how to read?

I said the brain is the soul.
The word brain comes from old English and it means “head”
Where is the soul located in the body?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:06pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
did you read this before posting it?

There's nothing wrong is saying that you were wrong, nothing wrong. Where you become wrong is when you are willfully ignorant

That’s what you are doing. Listen to your advice.
You’ve checked the origin does it correlate with the meaning from dictionary?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

I said the brain is the soul.
The word brain comes from old English and it means “head”
Where is the soul located in the body?
So the soul which is an immaterial object is located in the head?

Even the most fanatical religious person got to laugh at this. grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So the soul which is an immaterial object is located in the head?

Even the most fanatical religious person got to laugh at this. grin

Why are you using English word for head?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

That’s what you are doing. Listen to your advice.
You’ve checked the origin does it correlate with the meaning from dictionary?
I just checked and I haven't seen where it says that the soul is located in the head and it's the brain.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by sonmvayina(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Sure!
I am learning from the GOVERNING BODY of Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

Lol...but that is what I have been hammering in your ears all these while...
Or you just missed them?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I just checked and I haven't seen where it says that the soul is located in the head and it's the brain.

Why are you using a English word, is sawel an English word?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you using English word for head?
dude, are you for real? Tell me you are joking now?

Let me propose another theory, the soul is located in the scrotum cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you using a English word, is sawel an English word?
Lol, I agree with you that soul exist but I just think it's in the scrotum.

Soul is the same thing as sperm etymologically cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

You know nothing

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:

Sperm is immaterial?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You know nothing
The soul is the sperm, located in the scrotum.

The all start with S cheesy

When I think religious people are ignorant, I never knew some atheists are also plain stupid cheesy

I should listen to ancient philosophers who didn't even know the shape of the earth cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
The soul is the sperm, located in the scrotum.

The all start with S cheesy

When I think religious people are ignorant, I never knew some atheists are also plain stupid cheesy

I should listen to ancient philosophers who didn't even know the shape of the earth cheesy

The Sperm is immaterial?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Sperm is immaterial?
I don't care, that is the theory I like.
If you think the soul is the brain, then I think it's the sperm.

Another option is we are definitely both wrong.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

The Sperm is immaterial?
Is the brain immaterial?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Is the brain immaterial?

Of course.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 1:15pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Of course.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
[quote author=FatherOfJesus post=112204266][/quote]

cheesy
You think the brain is the brain box. Can you bring out that thing that’s exactly the brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fasting And Prayer, When Does It End? / As A Christian, What Are Those Troubling Questions Affecting Your Faith?? / I Challenge Pastordavidawuj To Answer My Questions On His Claims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.