Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,362 members, 7,829,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul (3345 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
But it seem to me that you don't know that it's your brain that controls every single damn thing in your body, including the ability for you to move your hand and touch a hot plate.

Without the brain sending impulse inform of neurotransmissions to muscles of your hand, you cannot move them to touch the hot plate. This explains why people with stroke cannot move certain parts of their bodies, the part of the Brain that sends impulse to the part is non-functional.

Do you understand it now?
Why are you trying to insert a spirit into the equation?

But you just said now that you have no control of the brain? Then who is the brain and who is controlling those impulses sent by the brain.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

But you just said now that you have no control of the brain? Then who is the brain and who is controlling those impulses sent by the brain.
are you seriously asking me who the brain is or you are joking?
Neurotransmitters and hormones control how the brain sends impulse.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
are you seriously asking me who the brain is or you are joking?
Neurotransmitters and hormones control how the brain sends impulse.

Yes you have no control of the brain. You can only train it.
What’s this “brain” that you can’t control?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Yes you have no control of the brain. You can only train it.
What’s this “brain” that you can’t control?
You have control over the brain when it comes to controlling emotions. No spirit does that for you.
It's all chemical reactions
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
You have control over the brain when it comes to controlling emotions. No spirit does that for you.
It's all chemical reactions

But you don’t have control of the brain sometimes.
That means the brain is different from you. 2 separate entity inside you.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

But you don’t control of the brain sometimes.
That means the brain is different from you. 2 separate entity.
The brain is you, that's why the words "self control" and "self-discipline" exist.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
The brain is you, that's why the words "self control" and "self-discipline" exist.

How is the brain you, when “you” still have to control it?
If it’s under your control you won’t need to have self control to start with.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

But you don’t have control of the brain sometimes.
That means the brain is different from you. 2 separate entity inside you.
self-control is the ability for you to not let your brain over-control you, it's a way of trying to control your brain to an extent.

I have not seen how a spirit enters this discussion. You don't like logical explanations?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

How is the brain you, when “you” still have to control it?
If it’s under your control you won’t need to have self control to start with.
Will you let the argument go if I agree that a spirit controls the brain even without evidence?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
self-control is the ability for you to not let your brain over-control you, it's a way of trying to control your brain to an extent.

I have not seen how a spirit enters this discussion. You don't like logical explanations?

Why does the brain want to overcome you? Who is this Brain that’s overcoming you? The brain is different from you that’s controlling it, right?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Will you let the argument go if I agree that a spirit controls the brain even without evidence?

I didn’t say the spirit is the brain. The soul is the brain.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Why does the brain want to overcome you? Who is this Brain that’s overcoming you? The brain is different from you that’s controlling it, right?
The brain is the soul and spirit.
Are you happy now?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
The brain is the soul and spirit.
Are you happy now?

No, the brain is the soul. Check the origin of the word “soul”
Hope you are not sad?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

I didn’t say the spirit is the brain. The soul is the brain.
Seems like the argument won't make any sense to you if you can't see spirit in it.
That's why you keep asking questions like "who is the brain"?

That question doesn't make sense.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

No, the brain is the soul. Check the origin of the word “soul”
Hope you are not sad?
Ok, so when we die the brain which is the soul goes to heaven right?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Seems like the argument won't make any sense to you if you can't see spirit in it.
That's why you keep asking questions like "who is the brain"?

That question doesn't make sense.

It makes total sense.
Your Brain sends impulses and desires without your approval, that’s why you have to control it.
Then who is this brain that you want to control.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

It makes total sense.
Your Brain sends impulses and desires without your approval, that’s why you have to control it.
Then who is this brain that you want to control.
So according to you, the brain which is the soul is what goes to heaven or hell when we die right?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Ok, so when we die the brain which is the soul goes to heaven right?

Who said anything about heaven?
And the brain can’t die. It’s you that’s controlling it that will die
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:47pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
So according to you, the brain which is the soul is what goes to heaven or hell when we die right?

Who said anything about heaven and hell?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:48pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Who said anything about heaven?
And the brain can’t die. It’s you that’s controlling it that will die
The Bible said the soul goes to heaven when it dies.
And since you said the brain is the soul, it's means that the brain goes to heaven when we die.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Who said anything about heaven and hell?
I'm trying to expand your ideas to Christian beliefs.
When we die, the brain goes to heaven according to you.
You must be a genius grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
The Bible said the soul goes to heaven when it dies.
And since you said the brain is the soul, it's means that the brain goes to heaven when we die.

Yes the Bible said it, Zeus also said something like that. They are myth.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I'm trying to expand your ideas to Christian beliefs.
When we die, the brain goes to heaven according to you.
You must be a genius grin

Christian belief why don’t you use Hinduism?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Yes the Bible said it, Zeus also said something like that. They are myth.
how are they myths?
It makes as much sense as you saying that the Brain is the soul.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Christian belief why don’t you use Hinduism?
Let me rephrase it.

Brain is the soul, why not the kidney?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
how are they myths?
It's as much sense as you saying that the Brain is the soul.

You gave us an example of how their is a brain and you have to control it.
Which example do you have Zeus ?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
Let me rephrase it.

Brain is the soul, why not the kidney?

Is the brain, kidney?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You gave us an example of how their is a brain and you have to control it.
Which example do you have Zeus ?
I gave an example on how the bran controls the body and then you said the brain is the soul.

That makes alot of sense
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Is the brain, kidney?
is Christianity, Hinduism?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I gave and example on how the bran controls the body and then you said the brain is the soul.

That makes alot of sense

That means you don’t have control of the brain, you can only train it.
The brain is different from you that’s controlling it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 12:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
is Christianity, Hinduism?

It was you that brought in heaven and hell? Why not relate it to Hinduism?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

That means you don’t have control of the brain, you can only train it.
The brain is different from you that’s controlling it.
So how's the brain our soul?
Or should I get a dictionary defintion of soul for you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Know If Your Pastor Is Fake. / The Law Has Been Abolished / Amen....to This.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.