Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul (3338 Views)

Understanding The Difference Between Spirit, Soul And Body (2) / What's The Difference Between The Spirit And The Soul? / How Do We Worship God In Spirit And Truth ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

I asked the difference first!

And I answered.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Great2017: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Spiritual wickedness? You mean demons and devils? Like Angels, they are obviously not humans and so the same rules do not apply to them. undecided
Are they spirits, yes or no?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
wink[quote author=Maynman post=112209437][/quote]

Google?

You're a joker!

A Human consists of body and soul. Body returns to the earth where it came from.

When Adam was created from earth, God didn't add spirit and soul separately.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:
wink

Google?

You're a joker!

A Human consists of body and soul. Body returns to the earth where it came from.

When Adam was created from earth, God didn't add spirit and soul separately.

Where did you see all this? In a Bronze Age story book? cheesy grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Great2017:

Are they spirits, yes or no?
I pretty much answered you in my previous comment when I made mention that my focus was as far as humans are concerned. undecided
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Where did you see all this? In a Bronze Age story book? cheesy
Evil spirits means evil souls right?

No! On Google.
Evil spirit returns to God as your Google defines spirit.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

No! On Google.
Evil spirit returns to God as your Google defines spirit.

Show me where you saw it on google.
And did they say spirit and soul is same?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Superd14:
Please what is the difference between spirit and soul pastor in the house

i'm not a pastor but a Christian. Nonetheless, the Bible makes clear that soul and spirit are different and there is a dividing of soul and spirit according to Hebrews 4. While that is established, the difference between the two is not readily established.
Evidently even as christians, we have soulish/carnal christians and we have spiritual christians. They are not the same, usually spiritual christians are considered more serious and closer to God. The soul deals mainly with reasoning and is physically or tangibly connected to the brain or the mind. It deals with the brilliant and intelligent mind or otherwise, it is mainly how brainy you are. On another hand, the spirit is mainly dealing with fellowshipping or communion with God/gods and is usually referred to as the heart. It is not really the physical/biological heart but usually symbolically connected to it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Great2017: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I pretty much answered you in my previous comment when I made mention that my focus was as far as humans are concerned. undecided
My question only needed a yes or no answer. So, are spiritual wickedness spirits? If you cannot answer yes or no; then, you are ignorant of your earlier assertion. Quod erat demonstrandum (QED).
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Show me where you saw it on google.
And did they say spirit and soul is same?

Am I using Google definition?

I told you in Islam, Soul = Spirit.

The body is lifeless without the Soul/Spirit.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Kobojunkie: 4:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Great2017:

My question only needed a yes or no answer. So, are spiritual wickedness spirits? If you cannot answer yes or no; then, you are ignorant of your earlier assertion. It is as simple as A, B, C.
Again...
Kobojunkie:
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

Oh you are using a Bronze Age book? grin
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
AntiChristian:

You said this, now you are not using google, you are not straightforward. If you saw it in a Bronze Age story book, say it

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Great2017: 4:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again...
Again, my question only needed a yes or no answer. So, are spiritual wickedness spirits? If you cannot answer yes or no; then, you are ignorant of your earlier assertion. Quod erat demonstrandum (QED).

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Can you think with only brain and not mind?
And is mind a organ?
The origin of that word “brain” comes from “head” “brainbox” before it was changed to brain. It’s the mind that does the thinking in the brain(brainbox)

Then show a meaning of mind that equates it to the brain.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 6:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

Then show a meaning of mind that equates it to the brain.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You can’t smell the mind or hear the sound. It’s immaterial
Intangible means you can’t feel it by touch, but you can use your other senses for it.

The Knownunknown was right. See attached.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

You said meaning not location. Show a meaning of the mind that says it is the brain.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

The Knownunknown was right. See attached.

How is he right.
You saw the example they gave?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 6:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

You said meaning not location. Show a meaning of the mind that says it is the brain.

I said the brain means (brainlocker). But what gives the brain the ability to function is the mind.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 7:08pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

I said the brain means (brainlocker). But what gives the brain the ability to function is the mind.

You said:

Maynman:

I said they are the same in meaning.

Show the meaning that equates mind with brain, that is the contention here. Unless you concede that they are not the same in meaning.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

You said:

Show the meaning that equates mind with brain, that is the contention here. Unless you concede that they are not the same in meaning.

Bro the other guy gave the meaning as seen in the picture.
And I said this definition of brain is talking about the mind in “meaning”
But in context when you check the origin of the word “brain” it comes from “brainlocker”.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Bro the other guy gave the meaning as seen in the picture.
And I said this definition of brain is talking about the mind in “meaning”
But in context when you check the origin of the word “brain” it comes from “brainlocker”.

Just show where such a meaning can be had. There is no meaning of mind that equates it to the brain. None of the screenshots you have shown indicate that mind means brain. You should just concede that instead of deflecting to what I didn't contend with you. I never said anything about origins of the word brain so I dunno why you keep bring that up.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

Just show where such a meaning can be had. There is no meaning of mind that equates it to the brain. None of the screenshots you ahve shown indicate that mind means brain. You should just concede that instead of deflecting to what I didn't contend with you. I never said anything about origins of the word brain so I dunno why you keep bring that up.

Where did I say that mind means brain?
If you don’t understand say so.

I was talking about the origin of the word “brain”,you just jump into the discussion. You didn’t know the start of it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 7:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Where did I say that mind means brain?
If you don’t understand say so.

I was talking about the origin of the word “brain”,you just jump into the discussion. You didn’t know the start of it.

Here are your own words:

Maynman:

I said they are the same in meaning.

Why are you now denying you said so?
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

Here are your own words:

Why are you now denying you said so?

Yes in meaning but in CONTEXT brain comes brainlocker.
The definition the guy gave of what brain does is the function of mind.
But “ brain” in context mean “brainlocker. What makes the brainlocker(brain) work is the mind.

The argument didn’t begin there why not go from start before assuming wrongly? You so fixated

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 7:40pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Yes in meaning but in CONTEXT brain comes brainlocker.
The definition the guy gave of what brain does is the function of mind.
But “ brain” in context mean “brainlocker. What makes the brainlocker(brain) work is the mind.

The argument didn’t begin there why not go from start before assuming wrongly? You so fixated

Then show where mind means brain. Not a single place lists mind being the same as brain. You should just concede that mind does not mean brain instead of continuing to argue.

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

Then show where mind means brain. Not a single place lists mind being the same as brain. You should just concede that mind does not mean brain instead of continuing to argue.

Yes, the brain is the brainlocker. What the brain does is what the mind does. When you see a definition of brain they are talking about “mind”
“Brain” is gotten from “brainlocker” and brainlocker is not responsible for what they say “brain” does.

I said what makes the brain function is the MIND. You didn’t see that?

Why are you finding it hard to understand?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by LordReed(m): 7:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

Yes, the brain is the brainlocker. What the brain does is what the mind does. When you see a definition of brain they are talking about “mind”
“Brain” is gotten from “brainlocker” and brainlocker is not responsible for what they say “brain” does.

Wrong. Your heart rate which is controlled by your brain has nothing to do with your mind, several of the brain's functions have nothing to do with the mind. Apparently it is you having a hard time understanding it.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by Maynman: 7:58pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

Wrong. Your heart rate which is controlled by your brain has nothing to do with your mind, several of the brain's functions have nothing to do with the mind. Apparently it is you having a hard time understanding it.

The “brain” comes from “brainlocker”
So in essence you are saying the functions of the “brainlocker”
You get?

Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
LordReed:

I don't think Maynman has hard time understanding anything, he needs help.
He's obviously doesn't have a a functioning brain.
Even a primary 2 studenr would laugh ridiculously at his way of reasoning
Re: What Is The Difference Between Spirit And Soul by FatherOfJesus: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Maynman:

how can a grown up have so much hard time differnting a brain, soul, head, mind and Spirit.

cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Lost #150,000 Because I Dont Pay Tithe! / 60 Yr Old Pastor Delivers A Baby After 35 Yrs Of Barreness / The Biblical Evidences That Show That Jesus Is Prophet Not Lord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.