Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi (17072 Views)

Saraki: PDP Will Shock Nigerians In 2023 Despite Crisis / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / 2023: Despite My Support For Wike, I’ll Work For Atiku – Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by amuwo1980: 1:52am On Apr 27, 2022
mauchiz:

Na waaoo for politics,
Hey!!!
Let's stop this divide and rule methods, ikwerres don't hate igbos, this is a lie from the pit of hell.
The truth is, they are not igbos, that does not mean that they hate igbos.
Majority of them are married to igbo women, how will they hate their mothers?

Ikwerres don't hate igbos, let our leaders stop using their personal interests to divide Nigerians.
Amaechi gave igbos teaching jobs in River state government owned schools.
You know am saying the truth , it is more to the well being of the igbos that even tinubu wins that any ikwerre person to win , those guys will cement our graves , they hate igbos with passion and that same idiotic argument their mothers are igbos , they did that as an ego thing and to have a sense of achievement too, this goes to show how azikwiwe and ojukwu must have treated the ikwerre to make them feel less than the igbos and now marrying Igbo is marrying up

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by 00FFT00(m): 2:08am On Apr 27, 2022
CeoMYN:

Oga, you are lying. My parents giving me an Igbo name doesn't me I'm Igbo. I have Igbo names, but I'm not Igbo.

And 90 percent of people from your home town have Igbo names too?.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by 00FFT00(m): 2:22am On Apr 27, 2022
Waneri:

It all started immediately the europeans created Nigeria..
The Ibo political class who are mostly from the present day Anambra and Enugu decided to make the old eastern region a one ethnic region.
The western region tried the same.. but it failed too resulting to the creation of Midwest region..

In the eastern region .. when they asked the groups who the were the refused to identify as Igbo.. they rather identify as Ndoki (Ukwa), Izon(Ijo), Etche, Ngwa, Ibibio, iwhnuruoha, Efik etc.
But this did not go down well with the Igbo leaders, who actually new if the don't stop them, the east will disintegrate.

There was a new agenda to send some of their kinsmen to igbonize this groups..
The made it possible for them to get jobs at the detriment of the indigenes.
The aim was for the indigenes to become poor as sees the igbos as a group the should imitate.
It worked for a while. But suddenly attracted envy when some of this minority became educated and civilized and attempted to change the status quo which also failed.

This caused the domination of Aba, and Port Harcourt (which was the only Important province and sub province then) by foreigners.
The foreigners also changed some names that did not suit well with them.
Aba being an important city was changed from Abah Ngwa to Abah alone, Ugwulagbo was changed to Ugwunagbo etc
Same thing was done to the Ikwere people.

The civil war served as an avenue for the indigenes that rejected the igbo identity to distanced them selves from igbo.
The Ikwere people decided to return their town names to the original names.
But they unfortunately went as far as creating new names that were neither Ikwere nor igbo in their bid to distanced them selves from igbo.

Igbos should understand that igboid language does not belong to them only..
The Ikwere should also understand that they have been speaking igboid language before the igbos came. Even though they igbos tried to force their own dialect of Igbo on them.

I believe that we are all from the same origin and we are all related.
But we don't share a general name.
Just like Ibibio, Efik, Annang etc the are the same people but they don't have a general name .. same with all igboid groups..

Would it be fair to summarize your narrative to evaluate that Ngwa, Ikwerre and other Igbos are different faces of the same coin?.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 27, 2022
00FFT00:

Would it be fair to summarize your narrative to evaluate that Ngwa, Ikwerre and other Igbos are different faces of the same coin?.
Just say Ngwa, Ikwere and Igbo..(not other igbos).
Then my reply will be ;
EXACTLY but we never had one name.
Imagine how igbos will feel had it been it was Ikwere that was telling them the are Ikwere and not Igbo.
I believe we are the same people. Some of us are maternally related, while others are paternally related..
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Halo22: 2:54am On Apr 27, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Nyesom Wike has nowhere openly claimed he hates Igbo neither has his actions for once suggested it.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Wike Said to my hearing that he is not an Igboman but Ikwerre. As for his actions, go back and enquire about what happened in Obigbo and tell me if it was his own Obiakpo, he would allow such massacre to take place.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by nextdoor84(m): 3:16am On Apr 27, 2022
CeoMYN:

These guys are not Igbo, abeg. The Igbos were majority in the Eastern region and they influenced the culture and language of other ethnic groups. It doesn't make the other ethnic groups Igbo.

My language has lots of similarity with the Igbo language, but thanks to our history, we know we are not Igbos.
Keep running from pillar to post deceiving the very gullible on Nairaland! Listen to yourself, your parents gave you an Igbo name but you are not Igbo? Really? Please make sure you give your kids a Benin name or something else. We are really daft in Africa!! Which part of Rivers are you from?
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by nextdoor84(m): 3:21am On Apr 27, 2022
CeoMYN:

My tribe is Ogba, and my clan is Egi.
Mr Truckpusher! Longest time oo. You should have outgrown your Igbophobic tendencies by now.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by 00FFT00(m): 3:33am On Apr 27, 2022
Waneri:
Just say Ngwa, Ikwere and Igbo..(not other igbos).
Then my reply will be ;
EXACTLY but we never had one name.
Imagine how igbos will feel had it been it was Ikwere that was telling them the are Ikwere and not Igbo.
I believe we are the same people. Some of us are maternally related, while others are paternally related..

Well...
Other Igbos because we have Igbo clusters who claim to be indigenous ethnicities eg, Ika.
If we are to jettison the term "other Igbos" as you suggested, what then is the purpose of this discussion with special emphasis on Ikwerre?.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Concience55: 3:39am On Apr 27, 2022
I keep wondering what is so unique about the Ikwere?
What are they known for?
Their values Worthy of emulation?
Or it's all about occupying a natural ly endowed geograpycal location?

Taking up Igbo identity to curry favor, and in some instances hiding under same assumed identity to commit crime is fraudulent.

As for Wike's ambition, it's quite unfortunate that Buhari has so lowered the bar as per who could aspire to the office of the President , otherwise we should not be wasting precious time discussing the candidacy of a Thug.

Ikpeazu as his name depics will always come last in reasoning, utrance, performance, choice etc.
What stops him from contesting? or is Wike not a fellow governor from a minority tribe?

I have absolutely nothing against Ikwere as a people because they are not in anyway in competition with the Igbo, but Wike as Nigeria's President is a No,No for me because there's nothing presidental about him. So uncouth in utrance. And who will vote him anyway. If he manages to acquire the PDP ticket it will be an easy victory for the APC irrespective of who their candidate would be.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Tranquill: 4:34am On Apr 27, 2022
VoteTinubu2023:
Nyesom Wike has nowhere openly claimed he hates Igbo neither has his actions for once suggested it.

By the way : Remember to Vote Tinubu 2023.

God bless Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Wike even has an Igbo man from Anambra as a commissioner and another as special adviser from Abia State in his cabinet since his first term. Things you can’t see in any of their Igbo states. They want Wike to say that he is Igbo when he is not, It’s like calling a Nupe, Chamba, Kanuri, Gwandara or even Fulani man Hausa and expect him to accept it.

The fellow even talked about Wike changing what he claimed to be Igbo names like Rumuola, Rumuomasi, Rumuigbo etc Very comical indeed! What did he change these names to exactly and when?

The Igbo in 'Rumuigbo' they keep harping on has nothing to do with Igbo tribe. Ikwerre call them Isuoma so it would have been 'Rumuisuoma' if it referred to Igbos. The correct pronunciation sounds more like 'Rumuigbuo' and Igbuo in that Ikwerre dialect refers to crawling like a baby. They can as well lay claim to Ejigbo in Lagos or Igboho in Osun States

These people and even the grandpas amongst them never cease to amuse. Of course we know those that will take his puerile statements seriously.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 4:37am On Apr 27, 2022
00FFT00:

Well...
Other Igbos because we have Igbo clusters who claim to be indigenous ethnicities eg, Ika.
If we are to jettison the term "other Igbos" as you suggested, what then is the purpose of this discussion with special emphasis on Ikwerre?.
You could have just put ETC to cover for those ones.
I don't know if you understand the point I wanted to make.
Both IKA and IkWERE are tribe of let say (X).
IGBO is also a tribe of (X)
UKWANI is also a tribe of (X).
Etc.
Had it been the igbos created a new name for all the tribes, which they will also be under.
We won't have gotten to this stage.
But they rather forced their own tribe names on others.

Similar thing would have happened in Akwaibom and Cross River.

Just as Igbos believe that their own tribes is independent so do nde IKA and Nde IKWERE..

Until Igbos decides and find their origin they will always think that the south south are laying about the bini stuff.
So Ogah we are all the same but we don't not have a general name..
And each group have every right to claim independence..
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Tranquill: 4:41am On Apr 27, 2022
Concience55:
I keep wondering what is so unique about the Ikwere?
What are they known for?
Their values Worthy of emulation?
Or it's all about occupying a natural ly endowed geograpycal location?

Taking up Igbo identity to curry favor, and in some instances hiding under same assumed identity to commit crime is fraudulent.

As for Wike's ambition, it's quite unfortunate that Buhari has so lowered the bar as per who could aspire to the office of the President , otherwise we should not be wasting precious time discussing the candidacy of a Thug.

Ikpeazu as his name depics will always come last in reasoning, utrance, performance, choice etc.
What stops him from contesting? or is Wike not a fellow governor from a minority tribe?

I have absolutely nothing against Ikwere as a people because they are not in anyway in competition with the Igbo, but Wike as Nigeria's President is a No,No for me because there's nothing presidental about him. So uncouth in utrance. And who will vote him anyway. If he manages to acquire the PDP ticket it will be an easy victory for the APC irrespective of who their candidate would be.
Who cares wether you have anything against Ikwere or not?
At least we know what is unique about Igbos is that you find them in prisons around the world for drug peddling. China, Malaysia, India. Thailand etc, and you are talking about values? lwkmd! The whole world know those that have criminality deeply etched in the gene. The Igbos! No real Ikwere will take up so called Igbo identity to curry favour because that smelly identity is a liability.
Keep drooling with stupidity thinking you are making sense. Imbecil,e
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 27, 2022
00FFT00:

Well...
It your use of the word IGBO when you should have used OTHER IGBOID.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Alexgeneration(m): 6:49am On Apr 27, 2022
chrisxxx:
The Igbos hate Ikwerres with every drop of their blood. Ikwerres never benefitted if at all from any abandoned property. The issue of abandoned property was not only in Rivers State but the whole of old Easter Nigeria except in the core Igbo States. It was so in Cross River as well.
What you call your language is another one's language yet you will be online to claim someone answers Igbo name.
Wike says he is not Igbo. This does not mean he hates Igbos. 99.99% of Ikwerre people agrees with him. It does not in anyway depicts hatred, Wike former personal secretary was an Igbo person from Abia State.
It might take 100 years or 200 years but we will definitely deal with traitors who stole our father's properties in the guise of abandoned properties.

One day, our time will surely come and we will be decisive about.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Akponmfet: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Biafra people brain dey for dia ynash.
grin grin grin
They are cursed.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by chrisxxx(m): 8:37am On Apr 27, 2022
Alexgeneration:
It might take 100 years or 200 years but we will definitely deal with traitors who stole our father's properties in the guise of abandoned properties.
C
One day, our time will surely come and we will be decisive about.
Your father first stole it and another bigger thief stole from him. It was taken the way he had it. Case close.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Alexgeneration(m): 8:50am On Apr 27, 2022
chrisxxx:

Your father first stole it and another bigger thief stole from him. It was taken the way he had it. Case close.
My fathers bought them in middle belt, North, West and were duly returned to them after the war but the thieves in the south stole the ones there.

Even if it takes 100 years, we will deal with the traitors who stole our properties. We've not forgotten the deaths of our brothers and sisters in Obigbo and we will surely take our own pound of flesh; even if takes 200 years.

Pray that Nigeria doesn't divide, cos we'll take no prisoners.

P.S We will always tell our children who are their friends and enemies.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Alexgeneration(m): 9:27am On Apr 27, 2022
Waneri:
Please Abia north does not represent the entire Abia state..
You guys have succeeded in convincing majority of non Abians on your lies.
Ngwa are the extreme majority of Abia state with over 60 percent of the entire population (non indigenes counted).
Ngwa also have younger population than others in Abia state...

So I wonder how Abia north opinion now represent that of entire Abia state..
Whether you like Ikpeazu or not is non of our business..
Ngwa will still vote for another Ngwa man after Okezie Ikpeazu tenure..

Ngwa has 60% of population in Abia and they were begging to have a shot at Umuahia? grin

The power is going back to Abia north and if the fat fool in Umuahia tries scuttle the existing peace and rotation before it got to his turn, then PDP will be taught some good lessons.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by chrisxxx(m): 9:32am On Apr 27, 2022
Alexgeneration:
My fathers bought them in middle belt, North, West and were duly returned to them after the war but the thieves in the south stole the ones there.

Even if it takes 100 years, we will deal with the traitors who stole our properties. We've not forgotten the deaths of our brothers and sisters in Obigbo and we will surely take our own pound of flesh; even if takes 200 years.

Pray that Nigeria doesn't divide, cos we'll take no prisoners.

P.S We will always tell our children who are their friends and enemies.
You will have to defeat the Fulani first. We are hiding behind them. Any day you defeat them we will come begging.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2022
Alexgeneration:

Ngwa has 60% of population in Abia and they were begging to have a shot at Umuahia? grin

The power is going back to Abia north and if the fat fool in Umuahia tries scuttle the existing peace and rotation before it got to his turn, then PDP will be taught some good lessons.

That was then.
The only advantage you guys have is that you guys talk more than us. and you make good use of sun news paper. grin
Ngwa has the capacity to elect a governor and a deputy governor at the same time. cheesy
We don't actually care about party.
If APC want to get the governorship the should field in an Ngwa man.
UcheNgwa is the name. Get used to it.
Let me give you a prediction. cool
Prof ACB Agbazuere will go for House of Rep.
Sir Darlington Wokocha will go for Senate.

Wa okuko cha Kwa la uzo umu Ngwa ji high tension la 'bia cha Kwa la uzo
Umu ohnuhnu cha Kwa la uzo umu Ngwa ji high tension la 'bia cha Kwa la uzo
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Alexgeneration(m): 9:43am On Apr 27, 2022
chrisxxx:

You will have to defeat the Fulani first. We are hiding behind them. Any day you defeat them we will come begging.
China was enslaved by the British for more than 100 years but today the British cannot threaten them.

Americans ran away from Afghanistan after 20years

There was once Oyo empire, Kanem Bornu empire, Songhai empire, Roman empire, Byzantine empire etc but they are no more today. Some day,this contraption will not exist just like others before it.

Keep your begging, cos we'll take no prisoners. All the traitors and thieves will kiss the dust.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Alexgeneration(m): 9:47am On Apr 27, 2022
Waneri:
That was then.
The only advantage you guys have is that you guys talk more than us. and you make good use of sun news paper. grin
Ngwa has the capacity to elect a governor and a deputy governor at the same time. cheesy
We don't actually care about party.
If APC want to get the governorship the should field in an Ngwa man.
UcheNgwa is the name. Get used to it.
Let me give you a prediction. cool
Prof ACB Agbazuere will go for House of Rep.
Sir Darlington Wokocha will go for Senate.

Wa okuko cha Kwa la uzo umu Ngwa ji high tension la 'bia cha Kwa la uzo
Umu ohnuhnu cha Kwa la uzo umu Ngwa ji high tension la 'bia cha Kwa la uzo
grin grin grin grin

You've suddenly forgotten "otu ònù" .

Don't let greed destroy what we've built for years.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 27, 2022
Alexgeneration:

China was enslaved by the British for more than 100 years but today the British cannot threaten them.

Americans ran away from Afghanistan after 20years

There was once Oyo empire, Kanem Bornu empire, Songhai empire, Roman empire, Byzantine empire etc but they are no more today. Some day,this contraption will not exist just like others before it.

Keep your begging, cos we'll take no prisoners. All the traitors and thieves will kiss the dust.
Politics apart.
I love this your comment. cool
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2022
Alexgeneration:

You've suddenly forgotten "otu ònù" .

Don't let greed destroy what we've built for years.
You guys will beg for power the same wey we begged.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2022
ifiokjohn:
ok o. I keep laughing at you Ikwerres. Una go see m fa.

Continue laughing, bro.
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 27, 2022
nextdoor84:

Mr Truckpusher! Longest time oo. You should have outgrown your Igbophobic tendencies by now.

Truckpusher? Who's that?
Re: 2023: Despite His Hate For Igbo, Ikpeazu Decided To Support Wike - Udensi by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 27, 2022
nextdoor84:

Keep running from pillar to post deceiving the very gullible on Nairaland! Listen to yourself, your parents gave you an Igbo name but you are not Igbo? Really? Please make sure you give your kids a Benin name or something else. We are really daft in Africa!! Which part of Rivers are you from?

You are very funny. You guys are the ones so desperate to deceive people that we are Igbo.

I will give my kids British or Japanese names.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5,043 Megawatts & Rising - Nigerians Enjoy Improved Power Supply Nationwide / Yahaya Bello Cancels Okene Trip, Hides To Evade EFCC Arrest - Sahara Reporters / Atiku's Political Adviser To Wole Soyinka - You Speak "like An Illiterate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.