Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me (49867 Views)

Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" / Dapo Abiodun: I May End Up In Pulpit After 8 Years As Governor / Timi Frank Replies Governor Ikpeazu: You Are Nothing But APC's Mole In PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by walozanga(m): 4:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
Addme:

I don't think so, his declaration was just yesterday but the petition has been submitted since. I think before yesterday

They knew he was siding osibanjo b4 his declaration
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Uncleodi(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
Maxymilliano:

So Dapo Abiodun is a jailbird grin

Truly, APC is an Association of Past Criminals

I am shocked too
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
It’s hard to believe his aide was committing fraud in 2021 without him knowing.

Abiodun’ aide Rufai on the US Department of Justice’s official document:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/press-release/file/1398536/download

Nigerian national indicted for conspiracy, wire fraud and aggravated identity theft for fraud on Employment Security benefits

Defendant detained on criminal complaint in New York now facing additional charges handed up by federal grand jury

[b] A Nigerian citizen arrested May 14, 2021 at JFK Airport in New York, is now indicted for conspiracy, wire fraud and aggravated identity theft for his scheme to steal over $350,000 in unemployment benefits from the Washington State Employment Security Department, announced Acting U.S. Attorney Tessa M. Gorman. Abidemi Rufai, aka Sandy Tang, 42, of Lekki, Nigeria, remains detained at the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn, New York. Prosecutors have asked U.S. District Judge Benjamin Settle to order Rufai detained and transported to the Western District of Washington for arraignment on the indictment.

Rufai is now charged with conspiracy to commit wire fraud, nine counts of wire fraud and five counts of aggravated identity theft.

The indictment alleges that Rufai used the stolen identities of more than 100 Washington residents to file fraudulent claims with ESD for pandemic-related unemployment benefits. Rufai also filed fraudulent unemployment claims with Hawaii, Wyoming, Massachusetts, Montana, New York, and Pennsylvania. Rufai used variations of a single e-mail address in a manner intended to evade automatic detection by fraud systems. By using this practice, Rufai made it appear that each claim was connected with a different email account.

Rufai caused the fraud proceeds to be paid out to online payment accounts such as ‘Green Dot’ accounts, or wired to bank accounts controlled by “money mules.” Some of the proceeds were then mailed to the Jamaica, New York address of Rufai’s brother. Rufai was residing at his brother’s home during part of the period of the fraud. Law enforcement determined more than $288,000 was deposited into an American bank account controlled by Rufai between March and August 2020.

Conspiracy to commit wire fraud and wire fraud are punishable by up to thirty years in prison when the offense relates to benefits paid in connection with a presidentially-declared disaster or emergency, such as the COVID-19 pandemic. Aggravated identity theft is punishable by a mandatory minimum two year sentence to run consecutive to any sentence imposed on the other counts of conviction.

The charges contained in the indictment are only allegations. A person is presumed innocent unless and until he or she is proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

This case was investigated by the FBI, with assistance from the Department of Labor Office of Inspector General (DOL-OIG). The fraud on ESD is being investigated cooperatively by the FBI, DOL-OIG, Social Security Office of Inspector General, U.S. Secret Service, the United States Postal Inspection Service, and the Internal Revenue Service Criminal Investigations. The Washington Employment Security Department is cooperating in the investigation.

The cases are being prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorneys Seth Wilkinson, Cindy Chang, and Benjamin Diggs of the Western District of Washington, and Trial Attorney Jane Lee of DOJ’s Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section
[/b]

Indictment document of Abiodun’s aide Rufai on the FBI website:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-wdwa/pr/nigerian-national-indicted-conspiracy-wire-fraud-and-aggravated-identity-theft-fraud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by haffaze777(m): 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
Cantonese:
So anytime he is out campaigning and he hears shouts of elewon, make him no talk or provoke o. I believe that the opposition will use it to the fullest advantage.

Ogunlaja state prides itself on past presidents, governors, ministers, ex this and ex that. They will be told that they are in trouble oo.

By the way, why e be say na APC dey expose APC?
Opposition party in Ogun state is almost useless, that's why this tewonde is nurture ambition of second time.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by habsydiamond(m): 5:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
christistruth01:

It is to your Traditional Gods that the Ritual Killers and Cultists plaguing Ogun State especially and Nigeria in general have been swearing to

The result has turned them into bloodthirsty Vampires
me no know about blood money or their swearing but if u swear with those gods and u did not fulfill ur promise... Na sorry be ur case. I rise.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
zombieTRACKER:
undecided

Damn right ..

on which moral ground should they disqualify this fellow.. when the party's self acclaimed nJjational leader is an epitome of fraud

A fraud worked for Deloitte and Mobil in the US? Just hear yourself!
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 27, 2022
Cantonese:
So anytime he is out campaigning and he hears shouts of elewon, make him no talk or provoke o. I believe that the opposition will use it to the fullest advantage.

Ogunlaja state prides itself on past presidents, governors, ministers, ex this and ex that. They will be told that they are in trouble oo.

By the way, why e be say na APC dey expose APC?

Just watch out. Sebi he backed a 'traitor'? He will soon know what treachery is within his party..Now, betrayal is allowed even within the party abi?
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Okobola146: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
Criminals everywhere

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by armyofone(m): 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2022
So it has been long time that Nigerians have been doing CC fraud.

Big time crook waiting to be in control - see why there is no progress in naija.

He should disqualify himself.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by chigoizie7(m): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
Omo ee don tey wey these men begin run scam ooh, them never even born me that time. And them don de load CC tey tey de cash out.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:24pm On Apr 27, 2022
aspabay:

What crime did Tinubu commit? Drug Trafficking and Money Laundering in the USA

Of the thousands of Panama papers released, no mention of Tinubu anywhere

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Bbbw: 5:50pm On Apr 27, 2022
Criminals are ruling nigeria and some people still have hope in this country
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Giftcarddealer(m): 5:53pm On Apr 27, 2022
I wonder oo
Ussycool:
Chai
So APC have gut to disqualify a presidential aspirant? Are they not fraud?
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Dkylee0: 5:59pm On Apr 27, 2022
Starhearts:

Don't fall duz guy ooo.
He is a scammer.
Be warned
Pls all comrades should be guided
have you ever been scammed by me, I didn't say it's a quick rich scheme, any one who has an inkling knowledge knows , it possible with the right process and consistency to act on the knowledge. If you are not interested don't let your ignorance stop others from learning a skill to better themselves, one of my students, pointed me to this and I had to reply you to correct this misinformation you giving out
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by frog12: 6:03pm On Apr 27, 2022
so na CRIMINAL be the GOVERNOR ? nigeria is bad
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Mintum: 6:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
Daru Dapo, werey
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by CHYKELIB(m): 6:09pm On Apr 27, 2022
EVEN NIGERIA COURT CAN NT DISQUALIFY YOU.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by cavreek: 6:11pm On Apr 27, 2022
The first thing that came to my mind when he said that he was arrested in US was because of fraud
Nigerians pls what is the way forward because I can only imagine how someone will publicly say such and still command the vote of knowledgeable citizens
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by snoopz: 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2022
Govt of ole
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Meedass(m): 7:16pm On Apr 27, 2022
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by ufotunang: 7:37pm On Apr 27, 2022
And he is bold and proud to say all of this...he is not even ashamed of himself...I do not blame him.....I blame APC that will not disqualify him and the ogun state people that will still vote him into power for,2nd term....ogun people be wise
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by seunmsg(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2022
Dapo Abiodun is a disappointment.

1 Like

Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Adonis20: 8:06pm On Apr 27, 2022
Hushpuppism has existed long time in our people's blood
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by MMWandali: 8:08pm On Apr 27, 2022
APC opens it's doors to convicted people but claims to be fighting corruption
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Sammy5413(m): 8:44pm On Apr 27, 2022
I bet this the reason NDLEA write to APC as to conduct drug test before primaries!
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by zombieTRACKER: 9:10pm On Apr 27, 2022
Siwel25:

A fraud worked for Deloitte and Mobil in the US? Just hear yourself!

The pee poo man should be in old people's home...

we are talking professor osibanjo right now..
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by Ekaka1(m): 9:15pm On Apr 27, 2022
Maxymilliano:

So Dapo Abiodun is a jailbird grin

Truly, APC is an Association of Past Criminals
Association of Past & Present Criminals grin
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by haffaze777(m): 9:36pm On Apr 27, 2022
seunmsg:
Dapo Abiodun is a disappointment.

The real disappointment are those clown who impose him on Ogun state.
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by sirp9898(m): 9:45pm On Apr 27, 2022
let them continue exposing their past lives so that we will no who they are inwardly
Is only here we look for money instead of intergrity
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by SeeItSayIt: 9:46pm On Apr 27, 2022
Well done jàré òmò dádá. That's from the sophisticatedly educated people.....mmmm
Re: Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me by olatuns2017: 10:21pm On Apr 27, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Announces Reward Of 3-bedroom Flat To Chioma Ajunwa After 25 Years / Reno Omokri Replies Aisha Yesufu: 'You Are A Frustrated Sidekick' / Peter Obi Kneels Down In Dunamis Church To Appreciate God (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.