Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

How I Pay My Rent - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Pay My Rent (60816 Views)

I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Angelfrost(m): 7:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
ITbomb:
Which biz you dey do to give you 1k everyday after all expenses

Freelancers make far more than that online easily every day!

Most remote jobs pay at least 3 - 5 Dollars per hour, with people putting in up to 4 to 6 hours daily.

Some earn as much as 20 to 40 Dollars per hour remotely.

Friend, people pocket up to at least 20 Dollars daily (Tax free)! That's over 10,000 in that pitiable currency we use here! We are talking legit money!!!
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Lol. Na because of people wey go try doubt the amount.
I get his point... grin

Biko he should tell us o...ideas on how we can save 1k per day...
Re: How I Pay My Rent by errigdee: 7:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Please do. It's fun
nice update you get level
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.
you are working to keep saving up for rent your whole lifetime embarassed wondering how you found it funny
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

Freelancers make far more than that online easily every day!

Most remote jobs pay at least 3 - 5 Dollars per hour, with people putting in up to 4 to 6 hours daily.

Some earn as much as 20 to 40 Dollars per hour remotely.

Friend, people pocket up to at least 20 Dollars daily (Tax free)! That's over 10,000 in that pitiable currency we use here! We are talking legit money!!!

Help ooo...I want to freelance too
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Timtim007:

I get his point... grin

Biko he should tell us o...ideas on how we can save 1k per day...

Number 1. Remove shame from body enter street.

2. Comot eyes from certificate

3. Avoid women.

4. Trust God
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Number 1. Remove shame from body enter street.

2. Comot eyes from certificate

3. Avoid women.

4. Trust God

You are right.. �..
In my case...na to avoid men...
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bobbiee: 7:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Just use Cowrywise or Piggyvest. Problem solved.
If real hunger hold you, you go just carry cutlass break that wooden box. You can't do this with Piggyvest or Coweywise
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 28, 2022
Techsupport:
Good saving ability but that is so 1920s. Take all that money, divide it in 5 places. burn one part. that is how much inflation has eaten out of your hard-earned cash.
Next time Open a security and exchange account. Buy some stocks, Dangote, MTN, by the time you are ready to sell, you will see the effect of investment.
inflation has divided the value.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Clinghton: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
As a welder how lucrative is it over there.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Angelfrost(m): 8:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
Timtim007:

Help ooo...I want to freelance too

If you have a good internet enabled phone and laptop, then start by learning soft skills.

Follow this up by joining legit online freelancing networks, chief of which include:

Upwork
Indeed
Glassdoor
Etc.

Depending on your passion, career direction, and desire or convenience, some soft skills that foreign employers like include:

Data Entry/Management
Web Design/management
NFT skills
Excel/Spreadsheets
Graphic design
Communication
Project Management Tools
Creative Writing
SEO marketing/management
Cloud Computing
Social Media Management
Etc....

The list is endless, and can be gained online at minimal or no cost.

It might be pertinent to join freelance training classes or groups on Facebook or WhatsApp. I believe there are even threads on this forum that can also guide you.

My two Cents!!!

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by seanwilliam(m): 8:02pm On Apr 28, 2022
JohnnA1:
Nice.
What are Piggy Banks charges/payment for services?
12% on safe lock for a year .

No charges ..
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:

If you have a good internet enabled phone and laptop, then start by learning soft skills.

Follow this up by joining legit online freelancing networks, chief of which include:

Upwork
Indeed
Glassdoor
Etc.

Depending on your passion, career direction, and desire or convenience, some soft skills that foreign employers like include:

Data Entry/Management
Web Design/management
NFT skills
Excel/Spreadsheets
Graphic design
Communication
Project Management Tools
Creative Writing
SEO marketing/management
Cloud Computing
Social Media Management
Etc....

The list is endless, and can be gained online at minimal or no cost.

It might be pertinent to join freelance training classes or groups on Facebook or WhatsApp. I believe there are even threads on this forum that can also guide you.

My two Cents!!!

Thank you cheesy
For for the Information sir
Re: How I Pay My Rent by kingeze88(m): 8:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
You dey hustle dey save money for landlord. It is well oh.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Ok12345(f): 8:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
I started with 200 naira Daily on piggyvest around Jan 1st, my money is now 24,000 naira plus.

As MTN wan send me to my village with subscription, I choose to subscribe once a week then save the remaining.

I m even going to receive 8% interest on piggyvest after a year of saving without touching it.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by emmaita100(m): 8:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please which area do you live??
To see one bedroom and parlor in Abuja for 300k is hard. Need something like that too
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Ashirioluwa: 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
dododawa1:
oga enjoy your money when it last.

I think you are absolutely right. We see things differently because what you consider as enjoyment might mean different thing to me. Spending my money on beers/pepper soups and women is not part of my budget because I have a woman at home who can get me whatever I want to eat. As per beer, I only drink at home.

Also, I don’t have to spend on women because I see my woman before I married her.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by colonelwealth(m): 8:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.

Amazing and diligent.
Well-done OP
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Funkybabee(f): 8:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
I hope your parents are living in a good accommodation at your village?

God will continue to bless your work

Make use of it
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ok12345:
I started with 200 naira Daily on piggyvest around Jan 1st, my money is now 24,000 naira plus.

As MTN wan send me to my village with subscription, I choose to subscribe once a week then save the remaining.

I m even going to receive 8% interest on piggyvest after a year of saving without touching it.

How safe is your money with them?

Do they have physical offices ?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 8:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Timtim007:

You are right.. �..
In my case...na to avoid men.

grin grin grin grin grin sorry sweetie. Didn't check the gender.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 8:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hndrrxxx:
you are working to keep saving up for rent your whole lifetime embarassed wondering how you found it funny

Wow! You're fast with assumptions. Nice one

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by JohnnA1: 8:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
chymes0359:
piggyvest all the way for me.
What are PiggyVest charges/services fee?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Selfmotivated: 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
What kind of handwork fetching you this pls
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Prettychild(f): 8:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

1 bedroom in town is about 1.5 / 2m upward
Ah! It’s well
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettychild:

Ah! It’s well

Lol
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Greatdand007(m): 8:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Wow that’s good of you I can’t save money I tried but not working and where in Abuja do you stay am planning to move there but fear of this bandit won’t let me
Re: How I Pay My Rent by folake4u(f): 8:57pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

You may wanna check out Dutse and saburi. You'll get good houses for that price

Oh okay. Thank you.
But it's quite far from town.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by keeper303: 8:59pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Omo I am o. I celebrate both little & big achievements. At least I'm not going back to sefcon rather I'll be maintaining the one bedroom and even move into a better one soon. Some people pay rent first year and can't renew subsequently. God really helped me so I'm grateful to Him.

I like your spirit. You are the kind of tenant every landlord wishes to rent their houses to. Not some useless tenants who will carry olosho and drink alcohol every day and will start to beg landlord when rent is due for renewal.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by ProfessorAlex: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Handwork. People dey underrate handwork people well well. Any handwork go give you money for Abj. Any handwork at all. I get more than 1k. Na me decide dey save that amount. Sometimes I can get close to 30k in a day

Bros teach me na, I dey Abuja.
Make I use this ASUU strike learn something productive.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by keeper303: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
folake4u:

Oh okay. Thank you.
But it's quite far from town.

What of LOCOGOMA but the rent is 500k o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd. / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.