Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,072 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

How I Pay My Rent - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Pay My Rent (60819 Views)

I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Pay My Rent by havenz(m): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
May your cup never run dry.

3 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by pozehnani(f): 5:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
Not a good idea to keep such amount of money at home.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by southsouthking(m): 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nigga like you fit fry one bunch of plantain without tasting it.
O.P I hope this 300k is 2/10 of your Annual income?
If it's more than 2/10 of your Annual income, you are just enriching the landlord of the house and delaying your time of owning a house.
I'm just a kid anyway, what do I know.
Nice logic OP

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by judatech: 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
You no get woman na why

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Nonexisting: 5:06pm On Apr 28, 2022
Your previous self contain place was only 140k and just because of ordinary parlour, you moved to where you are now paying 300k which is not even big as you said. You no get sense walai. I'm out of this thread. angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Pay My Rent by GloriousGbola: 5:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
you people need to stop this unless you want us to return to the days of armed robber home invasions

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Kimiso(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
As you come spread all of these cash now for floor make armed robbers like Kelvin ikeduba just enter,its like lacquering their money for them
Re: How I Pay My Rent by VIKTO83(m): 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
U guys are reason there's scarcity of money in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by abobote: 5:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
I can't save my money on that save. I don't consider it safe
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Ykc2(m): 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Money don't fall from heaven , it means your making money before you started saving more,how can people that don't know where their next meal comes from save?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Eriokanmi: 5:09pm On Apr 28, 2022
Pay your rent and give the rest to charity. Good boi

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by theyblog: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
One bitch will na b asking u for 50k if u say no d bitch will say u are stingy.

Lazy asss bitch

7 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Sirchiboy: 5:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.
Mr man what do you do for a living?

4 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Signum(f): 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

I actually spread the money like that because of people wey go talk say the money no reach. The last one I got was 219k when I saved for about 7-8months before opening. I posted that on my other NL account (but I don't think I remember the password) and someone called me a a liar for saying that the money was up to 219k because I join everything together and it looked small because of the way I snapped. U know say people sabi argue wetin dem no get proof of

Which hand work you dey do na? No fear, nobody dey compete with you for Abuja, just want to recommend it for someone in kogi. It could be of help.

Thanks OP

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by RedEnergy: 5:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Wow, this is exactly how a mumu would save msoney. Just one break in on one unfortunate day and your money box gets stolen, you will become homeless just like that grin
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Gkay1(m): 5:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
Are u a business man or monthly salary earner.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by AfahaAbia(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Use the Kwaba app from the playstore. Kwaba app helps you save for your rent and gives you the opportunity to access loans to pay for your house rent
Re: How I Pay My Rent by gibsonwales(m): 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Send me ur address mek I kan greet U naa, I base in Lokogoma and Jikwoyi grin
Re: How I Pay My Rent by BlueAir: 5:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Both u and all hailing u have something wrong upstairs.have u thought about the fact that it's someone sitting somewhere you're saving earnestly for everyday? E no do u anyhow? From self con,u moved to mini flat at such ridiculous amount,when u could remain in that self con ND with that solid Rock patience u claim to have u can be a half plot land or full plot owner by the time ur rent is over and even rent a self control join. People Sha. I'm taking a damn gtbank salary loan this July,even if na house and quarter plot of land,I'm good. I squatted with a friend and his family once in their house built on quarter plot of land and will forever respect what that man humbly built on the small piece of land. Wetin y'all dey talk

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by nkemoma(m): 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
The rat race,,,, work n save up for your landlord
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Mrkumareze(m): 5:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Na Tenant like you I dey like, not the stupid one that spent two months before even asking for an extension ... But eh, what if Derico visited your home in the course of this savings
Well, just pay the rent now, don't wait until it expires cos something strange can come up. The devil is always at the corner to ruin one's plan

3 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by jeffrey04(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
Meaning I ll have to save like 5,000 every day from today to meet up my rent for July ending.
No wahala I ll try it
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:15pm On Apr 28, 2022
You tried bro, keep it up.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Omo I am o. I celebrate both little & big achievements. At least I'm not going back to sefcon rather I'll be maintaining the one bedroom and even move into a better one soon. Some people pay rent first year and can't renew subsequently. God really helped me so I'm grateful to Him.

Since you've opened it, why don't you just pay the rent, then save the remaining and continue from there. Rather than putting it all in and breaking it again in about two months time to pay the rent.

If not for anything, your landlord will see you as a respectable tenant who pays his rent before it's even due

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bfly: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Wow!
More Blessings
Re: How I Pay My Rent by colestephan86: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.
Ma man, we dey same group.
I ball big time in December.
See my own

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by ikorodureporta: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

No b who see money go save money??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Pay My Rent by dododawa1: 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Only IJEBU or EBONYI person can do this,because of their STINGINESS.

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Ugoc3(m): 5:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nicely done brotherly..
I don't save to pay my rent..my monthly income covers my rent 200%
Even my company pays me rent allowance which is 200% of my paycheck...2bedroom flat

7 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:20pm On Apr 28, 2022
seanwilliam:
lol I don’t think so o.
I have girlfriend and I’m able to save millions in piggy bank within 4 month ..
To anyone wey one Dey save , just start with anything , download piggy bank and start throwing 500, 1k, 2k y

Please, how does this piggy bank work? What if ones phone gets lost? Also, can someone else access the phone and transfer the money?? How will one save, say #500, through POS??
Re: How I Pay My Rent by MrCover: 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
Enjoy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd. / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.