Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

How I Pay My Rent - Properties (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Pay My Rent (60818 Views)

I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2022
richie240:

Omo!
If I had known what I know today, I won't have spent as much years in school as I did.

Na ds same reason make me fashi masters!
cool

I no gree do my masters since. Even masters degree holders dey hungry now.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
donproject2:

You should consider investing as well, might be your long time plan though. Saving money to cater for future needs is great. The question is, can you still make money if you cross your arms and do nothing.

You earn reasonably well today, think about 'what ifs and buts' tomorrow. I can see the smartness in you already, you just need more insights to actually create a world of your dream for yourself. Best regards buddy.

Thanks bro. Trust me savings is just one aspect of me.. investment is another.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Phyde: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nice one OP. You can still try Stanbic mutual fund, small interest go add to your savings.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Brightest16: 6:54pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bro abeg help ur brother am seriously starving, na only God fit bless u
Re: How I Pay My Rent by PerfectStranger(m): 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2022
donproject2:

Imagine...na mumu e be abi, you be fool.
Your real daddy is a fool
Re: How I Pay My Rent by JohnnA1: 7:01pm On Apr 28, 2022
seanwilliam:
lol I don’t think so o.

I have girlfriend and I’m able to save millions in piggy bank within 4 month ..

To anyone wey one Dey save , just start with anything , download piggy bank and start throwing 500, 1k, 2k you will be shocked how much it will be at the end of the year . Na determination ..

Women are distractions for real but it depends how you handle them . If you one Dey satisfy them with money , shishi u no go get .

Although savings in dollars ( usdt) is better sha
Nice.
What are Piggy Banks charges/payment for services?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote author=Bluntdude post=112335168]Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.[/quote)
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
Very inspiring... grin grin..you actually spread the money...
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Timtim007(f): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2022
ITbomb:
Which biz you dey do to give you 1k everyday after all expenses
Pls tell us ooo...op..we want to join too
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Brightest16: 7:10pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bro i knw u dnt knw me and i cant pay u back but i beg u pls do it for GOD.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Brightest16: 7:11pm On Apr 28, 2022
Am very hungry right nw
Re: How I Pay My Rent by tnerro1(m): 7:13pm On Apr 28, 2022
Depends on the area you are staying, it’s risky trying this on the outskirts of Abuja and am sure you are staying on the outskirts of Abuja with that amount for one bedroom flat. Be careful ooooo
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Allisgud: 7:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
I go count this kind money finish for kolo to give landlord self go dey vexme,bro no be who pay higher house rent make u bigman instead save to have ur own house
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Dmacqh(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
TruthUntold:

Another football 'talent' I want to tell you sooooo many things that will break your skull and inject sense inside, but I don tire finish. Continue.

I’m here to read and learn boss. So tell me ? Break this my skull ?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Christian07(m): 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.

God Na this kind tenant I wan dey get
Re: How I Pay My Rent by errigdee: 7:21pm On Apr 28, 2022
you try my gee,I'm also trying possible means to see if I can master this act
Re: How I Pay My Rent by BePrepared: 7:24pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.

Guy where u De live for abj

Address plz
Re: How I Pay My Rent by dannex4adx(m): 7:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Correct guy! I have been thinking of how I want to plan for my savings. But with what you did and how you analysed it now, I can do it.
Thanks bro. Your financial I.Q is sharp.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Angelfrost(m): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Great saving culture @Bluntdude

However, this is not very advisable in an insecure nation like Nigeria. I will never try such, except it's loose change that means nothing.

Such deliberate targeted high savings towards a big project should be done online!

If you don't want to use Bank accounts, then use trusted savings schemes like Short term Insurance or Piggyvest!

I personally did this via bank account which I never had ATM cards, or transacted with.... The money came out intact! Without me worrying about its safety everyday!

So, next time, put in the odd 1k or more daily, but try paying into a bank account that doesn't incur charges every week or monthly. This makes more sense!

Piggybank is not for saving towards huge projects like rent... They are meant for chump or loose change (petty saving).
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Prettychild(f): 7:27pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Nice one Op. Abeg where you dey live for Abj, I dey look for one bedroom at 300k, my rent go soon expire. Thanks
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Sunnydoo: 7:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
Did that when single.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Angelfrost:
Great saving culture @Bluntdude

However, this is not very advisable in an insecure nation like Nigeria. I will never try such, except it's loose change that means nothing.

Such deliberate targeted high savings towards a big project should be done online!

If you don't want to use Bank accounts, then use trusted savings schemes like Short term Insurance or Piggyvest!

I personally did this via bank account which I never had ATM cards, or transacted with.... The money came out intact! Without me worrying about its safety everyday!

Alright thanks alot. I'll look into that
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettychild:

Nice one Op. Abeg where you dey live for Abj, I dey look for one bedroom at 300k, my rent go soon expire. Thanks

Check Dutse
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
errigdee:
you try my gee,I'm also trying possible means to see if I can master this act

It's possible. Na determination. And if you succeed in this one you'll succeed in other things too. Na jus mind.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Prettychild(f): 7:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Check Dutse
Alright, thanks. Duste is very far from where I work, I thought it was somewhere within town. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by errigdee: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

It's possible. Na determination. And if you succeed in this one you'll succeed in other things too. Na jus mind.

that means I go try find way buy that kolo
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Timtim007:
Very inspiring... grin grin..you actually spread the money...

Lol. Na because of people wey go try doubt the amount.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
Prettychild:

Alright, thanks. Duste is very far from where I work, I thought it was somewhere within town. Thanks anyway.

1 bedroom in town is about 1.5 / 2m upward

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
errigdee:

that means I go try find way buy that kolo

Please do. It's fun
Re: How I Pay My Rent by JohnnA1: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Girlfriend or not I don't give women money easily. I help men more instead.
Correct.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by MenelikZayan23(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Wow this is impressive.. congratulations
Re: How I Pay My Rent by JohnnA1: 7:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
ravensckar:
My brother, the thing dey irritate me enter my bone marrow. The Chinese often say; 'It's better to weave a net than to pray for fish'. But you see Nigerians, we'd prefer to pray for fish (a big shark self) than to painstakingly weave a net. Begging (especially online) is another thing that disgusts me. As in, I hate it like kilode. Able bodied men and women coming online to beg when they could have easily used their arms & legs to earn a living. And the worrisome thing is that it's ghastly becoming the norm in this part of the world. Beg for school fee, beg for house rent, beg for feeding, even beg for recharge card. Gggggrrrrhhhh!
That online begging ''thing'' DISGUSTS me angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat / Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd. / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.