Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

How I Pay My Rent - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How I Pay My Rent (60892 Views)

I was Served An Eviction Notice While My Rent Hasn't Expired. Please Help / My Landlord Gave Me 6months Quit Notice When My Rent Will Due In 6months Time / My Landlord Wants To Evict Me Before My Rent Expires (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
survival1:
In my case, I divide my house rent and shop rent by the number of days in a year. What ever it gives me is what I save every day with a little extra at times. Likewise my children's school fee. This helps me to checkmate my spending.

Great tactic. No be everything suppose be prayer point
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:25pm On Apr 28, 2022
Viktorinox2:

Op specify your hand work abeg

Handiwork pass 30. Jus learn one

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
soloravely:
Na man you be[b].na this kind Tenant I dey pray for [/b]nice one bro

Lol
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
SerikiFulani:
You're saving money to pay house rent?

Instead of you to be saving to buy a land of your own....Even if na half plot undecided

Most of y'all underate being a landlord in this country.... Some people pay 4 million a year for 3 bedroom flats in Lagos and most of them have been living in that house for 6 years. That's 24 milion spent on someone's house not to even talk of service charge undecided

Oga na me hustle save the money no be you go tell me how to spend am. U dey shout build house build house... Na empty hand dem dey take build house? Abi I go dey live for inside bush dey take the rent build house

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by GuiseppeO: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
So you will save this money and give to your landlord??

This life no balance

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Joeyfizzo: 6:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
U are a wise individual
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Joeyfizzo: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
GuiseppeO:
So you will save this money and give to your landlord??

This life no balance
give him free house then he will not give landlord

4 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Athemisia: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Oga no be everything person go give you for life. Shey you know.
Illegal business as usual....
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
Dmacqh:
Kudos boss .
It’s when you earn , you can save .
And another reason for my frugality is my personality , meekness, school , stupidity, shows, family position, social status, and environment.
If I can find my way to Europe precisely, and maybe showcase my talent ( football ) or get a handwork of at least $50... daily , I’ll be grateful.
God is over to you, If it’s me, I’ll do it for You.

Start from where you are. God go bless you. Amen
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Brightest16: 6:31pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:
Hello guys so I moved into a new apartment late last year which cost 300k - a mini one bedroom flat in Abuja. I knew I had to become more serious about saving or else me and landlord go get problem at the end of the year grin grin....

Just like always, I do my calculations before taking any step and then I start saving. My former place cost 140k (a self contain) I needed more space so I had to move into my current place. Although it's not too big but since na only me, e dey ok.

However before moving in I calculated how much I'd have to save to meet up because I don't like the idea of having to run around like a headless chicken when my rent is due so I always start saving the very day I renew my rent anywhere. It has really helped me.

My calculation was that if I could save 1k per day I'll definitely meet up by God's grace before the year runs out. Some days I put in 10k or 5k or even 1k depending on how much cash I have at hand while the money transferred to my bank account remains untouched except for important spendings. I still have a month plus before my rent expires but I just started having this strong feeling to break the box open and I did tonight. What I got when I counted...... N343,500 grin grin grin

I spread the money for people wey wan count. Although there was no space enough to properly spread so some are ontop others in twos and threes. I couldn't capture the whole money well because space no too dey and I'm not a professional photographer grin grin

I'll be sealing the box to begin saving from today again if I get cash. It's fun but very stressful and draining. Not for people without self control. Lol

Lots of people don't know the power of consistently saving in bits for a long period of time. If you're in that category, I hope this helps.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Mayeldah:
Weldone!

These urgent 2k people will not locate you IJN,

Be focused and stay away from girls with entitlement mentality.

I no dey dash woman my money. But if you're really in need and I have I'll help irrespective of the gender.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:34pm On Apr 28, 2022
dododawa1:
I believed this person is sting and starving himself on earth and no family ( nuclear or extended) in check.

At least I stingy like you claim and I'm living well so it's fine.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Sified(m): 6:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
I love this
iLegenddNoReply:
I have one of these for the fun of it. I don't have any purpose for it when I started it. I figured I will hand it over to my mom or continue adding money till 2023 election.

I just want to test my already rock-solid patience.

I just realized no matter how broke I am, I never get the urge to break it. I guess it's because I have accounts with more than 30 different banks/apps and I have small money in all of them for emergency.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ishilove:
I bought one of this. I have been able to save only 100 naira in almost 2 months cry

It takes serious discipline and focus. E no easy to be honest. There were days where I had to fight myself not to break it open prematurely. Lol

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
theyblog:
One bitch will na b asking u for 50k if u say no d bitch will say u are stingy.

Lazy asss bitch

Hahahahhahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Brightest16: 6:38pm On Apr 28, 2022
My guy i take GOD Beg u, help me with N1500, mek i put small gas and cook, abeg i never eat since morning. 2405313624, zenith bank, bright chinedu.... God bless
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
gibsonwales:
Send me ur address mek I kan greet U naa, I base in Lokogoma and Jikwoyi grin

Armed robber grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Heavensent01(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
another man dey run your race for you and you're Happy, you're saving for another man investment and progress

alaye double up, this ain't achievement, paying 300k to a landlord annually ain't any achievement, that money you kept in kolo you know how much e go fetch you for small business aside from your work?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by ultimateprof: 6:40pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hand work pay!
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
colestephan86:

Ma man, we dey same group.
I ball big time in December.
See my own

Make sense. Well-done. Blessings
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Justkatty(f): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
One word

DISCIPLINE
Re: How I Pay My Rent by hope4nigeria(m): 6:42pm On Apr 28, 2022
Bluntdude:

Thanks
are you a spirit? How did you do that?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by kllinxman(m): 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
one year savings just to spend in a day [rent], God pls.....

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:43pm On Apr 28, 2022
Ugoc3:
Nicely done brotherly..
I don't save to pay my rent..my monthly income covers my rent 200%
Even my company pays me rent allowance which is 200% of my paycheck...2bedroom flat

One and half month or even one month (if things go well) can actually pay my rent but I like doing it this way because it helps me stay disciplined and also use money for other things.

2 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Nonexisting:
Your previous self contain place was only 140k and just because of ordinary parlour, you moved to where you are now paying 300k which is not even big as you said. You no get sense walai. I'm out of this thread. angry

Oga no be you dey pay rent. U no suppose complain. Abi how you see am?
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
southsouthking:
Nigga like you fit fry one bunch of plantain without tasting it.
O.P I hope this 300k is 2/10 of your Annual income?
If it's more than 2/10 of your Annual income, you are just enriching the landlord of the house and delaying your time of owning a house.
I'm just a kid anyway, what do I know.
Nice logic OP

No it's not
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
havenz:
May your cup never run dry.

Amen. May your cup never run dry too.

1 Like

Re: How I Pay My Rent by Juliearth(f): 6:46pm On Apr 28, 2022
Op, you are prudent and disciplined. Keep it up!
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2022
Athemisia:

Illegal business as usual....

Ok. Thanks
Re: How I Pay My Rent by edosignature(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
You're wise brotherly. That was how i saved to pay my school fees up to Masters level & got married.

I currently live in my own house built by hard work & strategic planning by God grace through diligent saving & meticulous planning.

Spend wisely for your future self will be proud of you.

Peace.

3 Likes

Re: How I Pay My Rent by TruthUntold: 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2022
Dmacqh:
Kudos boss .
It’s when you earn , you can save .
And another reason for my frugality is my personality , meekness, school , stupidity, shows, family position, social status, and environment.
If I can find my way to Europe precisely, and maybe showcase my talent ( football ) or get a handwork of at least $50... daily , I’ll be grateful.
God is over to you, If it’s me, I’ll do it for You.
Another football 'talent' I want to tell you sooooo many things that will break your skull and inject sense inside, but I don tire finish. Continue.
Re: How I Pay My Rent by Bluntdude: 6:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
MonTaNa92:
Broz,Introduce me to some work to do Biko..I don't spend recklessly but my income is nothing to write home about..Help a brother

A clue: go to building site and observe all the artisans there. Ask questions about how often they get jobs. Relate well with them and start learning the ones you can. Buildings dey go on everyday if you live in Abj.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd. / My House Is About To Be Demolished, What Should I Do? / Akwa Ibom Begins Construction Of 18-Storey Smart Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.