Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada (23304 Views)

I'm Confused About The Grade Level I Was Given For A Federal Government Job / How Can One Get Federal Job Without Connection? / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by lookingfly: 8:13pm On May 05, 2022
Kwara1stson:
open a Pharmacy premises. I'm a Pharmacist we can discuss further.
na lie, he won't open. We must ensures he japas from this place. Make him go enjoy life for better place jare.
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by JohnBullMySon: 8:36pm On May 05, 2022
viyon02:
He can easily get level 14 civil servant as sponsor who earn above #100000 and then use his bank statement for over 6month now.
Sponsor who isn't related to him How do you think they'll buy that?
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by nicerod(m): 8:49pm On May 05, 2022
[quote author=Positiveme2020 post=112553442][/quote]
Lekki ajah

Alagbado
Ikorodu

Isheri/ tvc

Enugu akanu mbiam

Epe/dangote refinery

Lekki phase 1
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by nicerod(m): 8:49pm On May 05, 2022
jesmond3945:
ewu
Will you like to visit our sites
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by BigDawsNet: 8:57pm On May 05, 2022
fortz007:
Good evening fam. I believe everyone’s doing okay. Please I’m caught in a dilemma. I have up to 5m and i have two options.
1. Get a high paying fed job
2. Go for msc programme in canada.
I believe everyone’s mature enough here to share their candid opinion.
I’ll be reading the comments. Thank you!

Let me advice you

5m won't be enough to migrate to Canada unless you wanna focus on UK

Get that federal job and stay active for about 4 years...
Apply for visit with your family ...

You job is a good backup and solid home ties that will earn you an approval...

2 Likes

Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by Hammylawali: 9:03pm On May 05, 2022
fortz007:
Good evening fam. I believe everyone’s doing okay. Please I’m caught in a dilemma. I have up to 5m and i have two options.
1. Get a high paying fed job
2. Go for msc programme in canada.
I believe everyone’s mature enough here to share their candid opinion.
I’ll be reading the comments. Thank you!

Take the federal govt job..you’d still have access to Canada and the likes.connect plenty for federal level , no go dull yourself
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by platz(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2022
bayocanny:

Have it in mind that your 5milly will not be enough for msc program in Canada unless you get a scholarship.
My thought too
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by Kwara1stson: 9:41pm On May 05, 2022
lookingfly:
na lie, he won't open. We must ensures he japas from this place. Make him go enjoy life for better place jare.
me sef wan Japa
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by viyon02: 10:58pm On May 05, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Sponsor who isn't related to him How do you think they'll buy that?
sponsor just for the paper work. Just for stament of account. No money involve.
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by cooooooks(m): 2:17am On May 06, 2022
You never do big business for naija before. Na im make.

hakeemhakeem:
You got 5m you still wanna do yes sir! What's stopping you from creating your own job.
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by cooooooks(m): 2:20am On May 06, 2022
This is actually good advice.

You need a realistic review of your chances for relocation to Canada.

Even if you want to go for studies, they need you to prove that you can return to your country.

If you want to visit Canada, or other countries, the Nigerian federal civil service job is a good tie to your country.

Remember that even if you go as a student, residence/citizenship is not guaranteed.

Good luck.
BigDawsNet:

Let me advice you

5m won't be enough to migrate to Canada unless you wanna focus on UK

Get that federal job and stay active for about 4 years...
Apply for visit with your family ...

You job is a good backup and solid home ties that will earn you an approval...
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by cooooooks(m): 2:22am On May 06, 2022
N100,000 is ~ $250 in Canada.

Most people earn that in 1 - 2 days of work.

viyon02:
He can easily get level 14 civil servant as sponsor who earn above #100000 and then use his bank statement for over 6month now.
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by BigDawsNet: 7:48am On May 06, 2022
cooooooks:
This is actually good advice.

You need a realistic review of your chances for relocation to Canada.

Even if you want to go for studies, they need you to prove that you can return to your country.

If you want to visit Canada, or other countries, the Nigerian federal civil service job is a good tie to your country.

Remember that even if you go as a student, residence/citizenship is not guaranteed.

Good luck.

My pops was once with the federal service... a senior agent...

His work and position earn the family a visa approval...
We got it all once...
Interview wasn't even up to 2min...

Since then...I will always advice..get that job!...
If its uniform... omo na straightforward things ohh

2 Likes

Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 7:59am On May 06, 2022
bayocanny:

Have it in mind that your 5milly will not be enough for msc program in Canada unless you get a scholarship.
Thanks for your opinion. Although, I don’t have a scholarship, I’m going with the help of an agent and he says he would be able to get a proof of funds. All i would need to pay for is school fees, visa, flight accommodations. What do you think please?
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:02am On May 06, 2022
JosephXavier:
First of all, it's not every course deserves you traveling to Canada for master's degree program

If you did a professional course that is marketable like engineering, health related course it computer science,then you can talk of moving abroad

If instead you did a course like animal husbandry, just forget Masters and do your lucrative job in Nigeria except you're doing your master's in one of the saleable courses abroad

Plenty people have gone for Masters in Europe and have failed in securing a job

One is an example of a friend of mine that studied petroleum engineering and went to France for master's, finished and also did PhD and is still finding it difficult to get a job and is even considering coming back to Nigeria to job hunt

Both options are good depending on how you're looking at it

Besides traveling to Canada is capital intensive and not everyone can afford it

You'll need
1) school fees (and Canadian schools are expensive)
2) Proof of funds
3) flight, money for visa processing/application
4) accomdation
5) etc

If your parents are not super rich and you're not going with scholarship, just respect yourself and remain in your federal job
Thank you so much for your opinion. I have a BSc in microbiology and i plan on getting Msc in public health. Would it be able to secure a job for me there?
Ps: I’m not from a rich home and that’s all the money i have
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:05am On May 06, 2022
ayandee:

I résigned from my federal job and moved to Canada. No regrets at all.
I know former CBN staff who have relocated to Canada with their families. Same goes for highly skilled professionals in banks and other sector.
Msc in canada is the way to go
please i just DM you
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:08am On May 06, 2022
shams040:

Lol he would surely get a job in canada as long as he did his master here. The major thing is, are you coming as a self-sponsored or scholarship? if its the later well you can come but if its self funding stay put for your high paying job.
Thanks for your opinion. Please i sent you an email
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:10am On May 06, 2022
shams040:

Lol he would surely get a job in canada as long as he did his master here. The major thing is, are you coming as a self-sponsored or scholarship? if its the later well you can come but if its self funding stay put for your high paying job.
Thanks for your opinion. Please i sent you an email
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:20am On May 06, 2022
ednut1:
Canada masters is not 5m, also rejection rate for Nigerians is 80%. At a glance it doesn’t look like tou meet their requirements grin
Please have you got experience with travels and how much should i be considering.
Ps: the agent i plan to work with, gave me that budget
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:23am On May 06, 2022
yemi1504:

It can't unfortunately, even Colleges in backwaters then like Manitoba are now expensive.
please, the 5m does include the proof of funds i need to provide. Just basically for visa, flight, school fees, accommodations.
You don’t think it will be enough for me? Thanks
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:23am On May 06, 2022
yemi1504:

It can't unfortunately, even Colleges in backwaters then like Manitoba are now expensive.
please, the 5m does include the proof of funds i need to provide. Just basically for visa, flight, school fees, accommodations.
You don’t think it will be enough for me? Thank you
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:25am On May 06, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
I would've said two but the problem here is that you haven't gotten the M.Sc. before even talking about Study permit, so you can't classify that as an option. And 5 million will not get you that unless you have a scholarship with it.

If the 5m is all you're banking on, no extra money, no credentials, baba get the job before someone takes it away.
Thanks for your honest opinion.
Although the agent i plan to work with says aside the proof of funds he can get for me to show, 5m is all i will need to secure an admission and travel.
What do you think please?
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:28am On May 06, 2022
Mindlog:

Right. I don't know what gave the OP the impression that the N5m can get him to Canada for postgraduate studies.
The agent who i plan to work with says it will be sufficient. Although proof of fund of about 15m, will be provided by him.
What do you think please
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:32am On May 06, 2022
miolad20:
Take the high-paying job in Nigeria. That your 5m is not enough for an MSc programme in Canada (considering school fees, living costs etc.) That money can be used for many other things in Nigeria including getting an MSc degree.

Your work experience at the federal job, MSc (if you decide to do it in Nigeria), and good savings MAY come in handy in about 3 years if you're still interested in moving to Canada.

Cheers

Thank you for this nice suggestion

2 Likes

Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by bayocanny: 8:36am On May 06, 2022
fortz007:
Thanks for your opinion. Although, I don’t have a scholarship, I’m going with the help of an agent and he says he would be able to get a proof of funds. All i would need to pay for is school fees, visa, flight accommodations. What do you think please?
I beg you, do not use agent to process your travel plans. Here's why;

1. Your 5milly will drastically reduce, agent will charge you exorbitant prices to process your admission and visa. You will be left with nothing if at all your visa is approved.

2. Travel agent are dubious, do not risk them when it comes with Canadian visa, proof of fund is not easy to come by unless you have family and relatives that can give you. Some of these agent's use oluwole (fake) proof of fund for their applicant's and Canada will verify every single document you submitted for your visa application. If caught with fake documents, your ban will be longer than third midland bridge.

This is my advice.

1. Do not limit your choice of schools to Canada alone, check schools in US, UK, Germany, France and some European countries. Do not have the mindset that you want to fund your education unless you have support back home.

2. Aim for scholarship, some schools in the US are very generous with funding depend on your course of study and your overall application. If you don't mind, sit for Toefl and GRE to boost your application.

3. Start searching for schools in those above mentioned countries that has your intended program and check their admissions requirements, and deadlines while doing this, be strategic. You can send an email to the graduate coordinator of your program and ask for first-hand information about the requirements, tell him your CGP and inquire if there's funding opportunities available for student in the department.

1 Like

Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 8:43am On May 06, 2022
Deypawl:

5million is so small for one who wants to go for an MSc in Canada. Except if you have a sponsor who has over N10 million as proof of funds. Just your N5million will not get you a visa. For more info on this contact me.
The agent who i plan to work with said he will get a proof of funds and a budget of 5 million can sort out the rest. What do you think please?
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by fortz007: 9:05am On May 06, 2022
bayocanny:

I beg you, do not use agent to process your travel plans. Here's why;

1. Your 5milly will drastically reduce, agent will charge you exorbitant prices to process your admission and visa. You will be left with nothing if at all your visa is approved.

2. Travel agent are dubious, do not risk them when it comes with Canadian visa, proof of fund is not easy to come by unless you have family and relatives that can give you. Some of these agent's use oluwole (fake) proof of fund for their applicant's and Canada will verify every single document you submitted for your visa application. If caught with fake documents, your ban will be longer than third midland bridge.

This is my advice.

1. Do not limit your choice of schools to Canada alone, check schools in US, UK, Germany, France and some European countries. Do not have the mindset that you want to fund your education unless you have support back home.

2. Aim for scholarship, some schools in the US are very generous with funding depend on your course of study and your overall application. If you don't mind, sit for Toefl and GRE to boost your application.

3. Start searching for schools in those above mentioned countries that has your intended program and check their admissions requirements, and deadlines while doing this, be strategic. You can send an email to the graduate coordinator of your program and ask for first-hand information about the requirements, tell him your CGP and inquire if there's funding opportunities available for student in the department.

Thank you so much sir. I’ll definitely consider your advice
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by Positiveme2020: 9:45am On May 06, 2022
nicerod:

Lekki ajah

Alagbado
Ikorodu

Isheri/ tvc

Enugu akanu mbiam

Epe/dangote refinery

Lekki phase 1

Ok Not interested
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by ednut1(m): 10:51am On May 06, 2022
fortz007:
Please have you got experience with travels and how much should i be considering.
Ps: the agent i plan to work with, gave me that budget
u better go learn how to read and research. Any agent telling u about Canada is 98% likely a scam. Agent fant take you to dubai not Canada
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by ednut1(m): 10:54am On May 06, 2022
fortz007:
The agent who i plan to work with said he will get a proof of funds and a budget of 5 million can sort out the rest. What do you think please?
lol you have been brainwashed. This is a scam
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by lookingfly: 11:53am On May 06, 2022
Kwara1stson:
me sef wan Japa
na Japa sure pass......any h ow ppl de suffer there, e no go reach naija own.
Re: Get A Federal Job Or Move To Canada by JosephXavier: 12:08pm On May 06, 2022
fortz007:
Thank you so much for your opinion. I have a BSc in microbiology and i plan on getting Msc in public health. Would it be able to secure a job for me there?
Ps: I’m not from a rich home and that’s all the money i have

Public health is very good

It is in high demand in countries like UK because of overwhelming cases of Corona virus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Prosper Erem, UNIPORT Graduate And Shoemaker On China Trip (Photos) / 2016 And 2017 Graduates How Have You Been Coping? / What Could Shade Have Done Differently To Avoid Her Current Situation????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.