Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] (47962 Views)

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) / Olokun (yoruba: Olókun, Known As Olocún In Latin America) Festival 2019 / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by juman(m): 11:19am On May 03, 2022
Ooni of our own generation.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Mandate2023: 11:20am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
What a primitive people,the Yoruba are so primitive

Wetin concern u.......

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by mrksquare: 11:20am On May 03, 2022
BrashMan:
Africans are very funny. We keep preaching about upholding our traditions, yet the so-called custodians of the traditions are living the white man's life. After smearing themselves with these powder or whatever, he will enter his RR (a white man's creation) instead of donkey and go to his AC fitted and well furnished mansion instead of the hut his ancestors were living in, all inspired by the white man.
Next thing they will do is to look for who to sacrifice to appease their epileptic and imbecillic gods.

You didn't make any point. There is what is called modernity theory. Every society evolves with the passage of time. If the colonial masters haven't come to Africa, Africa would still have evolved with the passage of time. Our architectural style and the way we built out thatch houses would have changed as well. Using white man's creation as you rightly made allusion to still do not discount the significance and potency of our culture.

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Kdon2: 11:21am On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
I'm Yoruba but a devoted Muslim. This voodoo that this man promotes is what I don't like about Yoruba people. Don't be surprised he might be the babalawo of the Dangotes and Otedolas cos Ooni is so inclined in juju practise and he must be the leader and chief priest of many yoruba occults

You don't have sense! Islam is a culture of Saudi that you carry for head. You have inferiority complex that's why you can't tolerate other cultures.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by iamrealdeji(m): 11:22am On May 03, 2022
Okobola146:
Yahoo plus, if you know, you know
He likes these rites cos they enrich him and bring him unmerited favours and contracts. Don't be deceived,these kings dont do any work nor hustle like Dangotes and Otedolas,they make use of voodoo rituals to force money their way. They're not appeasing gods because of their people,they're doing it for themselves

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Tareq1105: 11:22am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:

Thank you. It's our culture, our heritage, and Ooni is the custodian with the responsibilities to preserve them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by LollySeaSide: 11:23am On May 03, 2022
muykem:
Yoruba King must be part of all religion.
Oh, I see...
Long live the king!!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by mayorlee007: 11:23am On May 03, 2022
Ooni orisha, ekuu se awon baba wa

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by TheNiceGuy(m): 11:24am On May 03, 2022
undecided

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Kdon2: 11:24am On May 03, 2022
grandlexuz:

When are you exploding the next suicide vest

Na dis kin thing dey make Dem wear suicide vest and kaboom! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Coolboy009: 11:25am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
mumu, if na oyinbo dey celebrate Halloween now, u go follow dey hype am. Mind you, Yoruba people are among the most advanced in modern education in Nigeria. So preserving their cultural heritage is part of modern civilisation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Kdon2: 11:25am On May 03, 2022
michlins:
you celebrate Christmas but this is primitive?

I don't know how oyibo colonise Africans but it should be studied

Oyinbo colonise their sense join.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by SugarGirl44(f): 11:26am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:

But if they celebrate halloween they won't be primitive right?
Ani you people have serious problems se.
Oyinbo don colonize una, add una brain join, sotey una no fit think again.

You need serious help to decolonize your brain and start appreciating your identify.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by opius: 11:28am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:

Keep quiet jor

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by zoghys: 11:29am On May 03, 2022
babasolution:

You are trying too hard to sound smart, you ain't just cutting it. Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Tareq1105: 11:30am On May 03, 2022
Kdon2:

You don't have sense! Islam is a culture of Saudi that you carry for head. You have inferiority complex that's why you can't tolerate other cultures.

Don't mind them. That's why the Saudis put their culture of marrying their cousins in their religion. You know the Arabs, they did that bcoz they want the wealth to remain within the family and not extended to poor people.

Our culture doesn't encourage that and thank God Yoruba Muslims rejected that part. No cousins marriage in our culture.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by iamrealdeji(m): 11:30am On May 03, 2022
Kdon2:

If you like,kill all your family members and everybody in your town for rituals in the name of Yoruba tradition,I wont partake in our Yoruba tradition,I would rather stick to my Islamic culture that teaches me how to pray to God,observe Zakat and Ramadan,ask God for what I want without him collecting anything from me and without telling me to kill something or bring something to appease him. Call it inferiority complex,i dont care. If my inferiority complex leads me right,then I really love it. I'm yoruba and proud oh,but i wont partake in any yoruba cultural rite and tradition,i prefer the islamic way of doing things
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by aktolly54(m): 11:32am On May 03, 2022
LollySeaSide:
May there be a flavour to the land!
But wait oo...
I thought this man goes to church?
Or am I mistaking him for someone else?
goes to church ke? Someone that demolished church in palace built by previous Kings on the ground that he see most pastors in secret cult in belongs to. So he think there is no reason for church to still be in palace since most pastor people respect worship idol secretly therefore he just demolished the church in palace. I think one of the reasons his former wife queen Naomi left palace because she can endure the traditional practice in palace

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Coolboy009: 11:32am On May 03, 2022
juman:
Ooni of our own generation.
yes o

4 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Kdon2: 11:33am On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
If you like,kill all your family members and everybody in your town for rituals in the name of Yoruba tradition,I wont partake in our Yoruba tradition,I would rather stick to my Islamic culture that teaches me how to pray to God,observe Zakat and Ramadan,ask God for what I want without him collecting anything from me and without telling me to kill something or bring something to appease him. Call it inferiority complex,i dont care. If my inferiority complex leads me right,then I really love it. I'm yoruba and proud oh,but i wont partake in any yoruba cultural rite and tradition,i prefer the islamic way of doing things

But your religion can commit mass murder in the name of defending another human being (Mohammed). You kill people so savagely in the name of your wacked religion yet you can sit back and judge other religion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by izubext007: 11:33am On May 03, 2022
I guess you tiv man , recheard people
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by dondavinchi(m): 11:34am On May 03, 2022
[quote author=babasolution post=112469075]What a primitive people,the Yoruba are so primitive[/quoteyo] you are a suffering from mental slavery

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by iamrealdeji(m): 11:35am On May 03, 2022
[quote author=Coolboy009 post=112480697][/quote]I cant do halloween,never but dont be deceived,this is way different from halloween,incantations and invocation of spirits would surely take place here,blood sacrifices,etc would surely take place underneath and there is every possibility that human sacrifices would take place but they wont show it on camera. I know how it goes,i know a lot about my tribe
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by SugarGirl44(f): 11:35am On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
I'm Yoruba but a devoted Muslim. This voodoo that this man promotes is what I don't like about Yoruba people. Don't be surprised he might be the babalawo of the Dangotes and Otedolas cos Ooni is so inclined in juju practise and he must be the leader and chief priest of many yoruba occults

Pele o devotee.
The world knows Africans are gullible and silly, so much so that even if a new religion springs up today, Africa would be the first place to recruit members cos they know you guys hate your roots.

Arabs are using your naivety to develop their lands while you guys follow them blindly and remain poor.
Forget religious values, they welcome you to saudi mainly for economic reasons, if not Arabs no get joy to the point of being cool with outsiders.

A lot on my mind but can't say it all now.

And you don't have to insult me, just think deeply.
That's what we lack as Africans.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Nobody: 11:36am On May 03, 2022
He made his choice, knowing well what he dabbled into.
You can't serve to masters. Gotta love one over the other.
Oh well..
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by angelfallz(m): 11:37am On May 03, 2022
is the Ooni of Ife richer than the Alaafin of Oyo?
I ask because whenever the Ooni steps out in public you can almost smell the money on him, not so for the Alaafin. This is my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Billyroy99: 11:37am On May 03, 2022
Una never see their afonja and skull minning part of culture cool
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Sheriman(m): 11:39am On May 03, 2022
Some mumu people on Nairaland will be condemning this Olookun festival now but they are the ones who will be celebrating Halloween and Christmas. In case you didn't know that there is nothing different among them because they are all idol worshippers festival.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by SugarGirl44(f): 11:39am On May 03, 2022
mrksquare:

You didn't make any point. There is what is called modernity theory. Every society evolves with the passage of time. If the colonial masters haven't come to Africa, Africa would still have evolved with the passage of time. Our architectural style and the way we built out thatch houses would have changed as well. Using white man's creation as you rightly made allusion to still do not discount the significance and potency of our culture.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Okobola146: 11:39am On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
He likes these rites cos they enrich him and bring him unmerited favours and contracts. Don't be deceived,these kings dont do any work nor hustle like Dangotes and Otedolas,they make use of voodoo rituals to force money their way. They're not appeasing gods because of their people,they're doing it for themselves
God bless you bro
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Kamalex2: 11:39am On May 03, 2022
No be Fanta be this

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by pacespot(m): 11:41am On May 03, 2022
Any cultures or traditions that cannot be modernized will be lost to the annal of history. The cultures are not of the value to themselves but of the people they are meant to serve. These cultures were created by human beings like you based on what was suitable for them and acceptable at their time and passed on to the generations after them, so why can't people add their own touch to their own culture and make it suitable for the time they are living in. Most of the practices in Yoruba cultures ought to have assumed a modern shape by now.

The English language, for example, did not get to this universal acclaim that is spoken all around the world because the Britons just sat back and spoke the same language inherited from their forefathers, most of the words in today's spoken English language had gone through many years of modification and incorporation through other languages like French, and the old ones had been modernized or anachronized to suit the lexicon of today. That is the beauty of cultures, languages or traditions all around the world: modernization.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / The "Bushbaby" Tale, Is It Real Or Fake?(photo) / Jamb Question - What Is "Eku Ijoko" In English ? (winner Gets Recharge Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.