Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] (47903 Views)

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) / Olokun (yoruba: Olókun, Known As Olocún In Latin America) Festival 2019 / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi Leads Praise & Worship At Ooni's Palace In Ile-ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by 1Sharon(f): 12:35pm On May 03, 2022
JohnieWalker12:
Why mammy water too like Fanta ? undecided

Why Jesus too like money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Sleekfingers: 12:39pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
What a primitive people,the Yoruba are so primitive

Because we are practicing our religion abi?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Hawkler: 12:41pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
You just showed the world that you are a bastard, your mum dumped you in her hostel waste bin when she was in NCE II.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Emilokoiyawon: 12:42pm On May 03, 2022
aktolly54:
goes to church ke? Someone that demolished church in palace built by previous Kings on the ground that he see most pastors in secret cult in belongs to. So he think there is no reason for church to still be in palace since most pastor people respect worship idol secretly therefore he just demolished the church in palace. I think one of the reasons his former wife queen Naomi left palace because she can endure the traditional practice in palace

He demolished the church in the palace? If that is true then I love him even more. Long live the King.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by 1Sharon(f): 12:42pm On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
If you like,kill all your family members and everybody in your town for rituals in the name of Yoruba tradition,I wont partake in our Yoruba tradition,I would rather stick to my Islamic culture that teaches me how to pray to God,observe Zakat and Ramadan,ask God for what I want without him collecting anything from me and without telling me to kill something or bring something to appease him. Call it inferiority complex,i dont care. If my inferiority complex leads me right,then I really love it. I'm yoruba and proud oh,but i wont partake in any yoruba cultural rite and tradition,i prefer the islamic way of doing things

Fvck Islam.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by SugarGirl44(f): 12:43pm On May 03, 2022
iamrealdeji:
First of all: Saudi Arabians dont need your money,their oil money is sufficient for them. If you go to perform hajj or Umrah,they would still give you money(zakat) running to millions at times. I have a relative whonused to go to mecca for Umrah to collect zakat money.
SECONDLY: Saudi arabians dont collect a dime as tax or pilgrimage fee,you only pay for your transport and feeding.
Thirdly: After pilgrimage,they send people back to their countries if they're unwilling to go,meaning that they dont need your patronage,they're blessed.
Fourthly : Your African religion isn't the first religion,its comparatively new too because Adam never worshipped Sango or Ogun,if you say that we should go back to our root,your religion isn't ancient because there are many other religions before Yoruba religion and there are many cultures before yoruba culture. Your ancestors are immigrants from some places too.
Fifthly,: Saudi government are just tolerating your excesses because of Prophet Muhammad's directives. Many Nigerians go there and perpetuate crimes,so they dont gain anything from you

See the way you're on about saudi this saudi that...that's exactly what I'm saying.
See how you're defending what's not yours, them no send u msg.
You should use the same energy to defend your own, that's my simple message.
You fanatic muslims hate your root and would prefer to adopt Arab culture while demonizing your own.
It means you're indirectly telling God that he made a mistake creating the Yoruba race.
I hope you understand me sha.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by SugarGirl44(f): 12:45pm On May 03, 2022
Okobola146:
With this and other fetish things he does on a daily basis, it is certain that Ooni cannot make heaven

Will you? Hahahaha....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Sleekfingers: 12:45pm On May 03, 2022
abujamal:
Idol worshipers

And so?

The useless christianity and Islam , you dey practice , wetin dem be? Another brainwashed and confused blackman spotted

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by kuuljay(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
what could be more primitive than practicing OSU cast system

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by ayo2008: 12:47pm On May 03, 2022
PAGAN9JA:
The Ooni of Ife, H.R.H Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ọjájá II) took to his official facebook handle with a message on the Yoruba Isese festival of Olókun.

"Today, I honour and pay obeisance to Olokun, the deity of wealth and salt alongside millions of Oduduwa descendants as we celebrate the Olokun festival. We must keep up with the magnificent age-old tradition that our forefathers bequeathed to us, safeguarding the historical, social, spiritual, and predominant modern values of the deity of Olokun. Indeed, she is the embodiment of boundless seasoning, purity, and faithfulness.
_
As embodied knowledge, Olokun is both a historical source of life and a deity associated with wealth, prosperity, and abundance. She is a symbol of infinity and abundance. All the bodies of water agreed to flow to the goodness of the sea, and Olokun personifies their prominence and remains the headship of them all. We must remember that the supreme owner of the universe is God Almighty who created all and we must continue to honour all the works of his hands. Incontrovertibly, that’s our ultimate creed from the source of mankind, Ile-Ife.
_
The Olokun festival commemorates the bond that exists between us and our forefathers. The celebration serves as a reminder of our forefathers' sacrifices, ancient contributions, and realities that we inherited from them. It therefore endears us to share in their vision, immortalize their history, celebrate our ancestors' accomplishments, and record their previous challenges for the generations ahead.
_
As Arole Oduduwa, I use the great fortune of this day to pray for abundance for you in all the essence of life that comes from Olokun. May your silent prayers and sincere aspirations be granted. Happy Olokun festival.
"

~Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi (Ọjájá II).

Source : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=559132955568307&id=100044148233760

The celebration of Olódùmare through the energy of Olókun! May the blessings of Olódùmare keep abiding with us and all.

Happy Olókun Festival 2022, Ile Ife.

Àṣẹ.

This is idolatry at its peak
God hates idolatry cos He is a jealous God

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by ikorodureporta: 12:49pm On May 03, 2022
Jazz man cheesy
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by okoroemeka(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
shut up,American monkey,do you know the meaning of primitive?must you display your crass stupidity and infinite foolishness for everyone to see,be whatever you are but don't insult African traditional values

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Preacherrr(m): 1:00pm On May 03, 2022
SHUT, MAMI WATER ABU PAPI WATER; THERE IS NOTHING TO LOVE ABOUT WHAT GOD DETEST. OLOKUN WORSHIP LEADS TO DEMONIC OPPRESSION AND BOUNDAGE. MANY OF YOU SAYING YOU LOVE IT, KNOW THAT YOU NEED HELP AND DELIVERANCE. I PRAY THAT YOU COME TO JESUS CHRIST TODAY SO THAT YOU CAN BE FREE.
Emilokoiyawon:
Beautiful...very beautiful...LOVE IT!
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Layi4real(m): 1:05pm On May 03, 2022
SugarGirl44:

See the way you're on about saudi this saudi that...that's exactly what I'm saying.
See how you're defending what's not yours, them no send u msg.
You should use the same energy to defend your own, that's my simple message.
You fanatic muslims hate your root and would prefer to adopt Arab culture while demonizing your own.
It means you're indirectly telling God that he made a mistake creating the Yoruba race.
I hope you understand me sha.
do u say fanatic Muslim?
Maybe u need a proper research about origin nd root of the Yorubas. You can't separate Yoruba with Arab. Because that where we originate from
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Emilokoiyawon: 1:06pm On May 03, 2022
Preacherrr:
[s]SHUT, MAMI WATER ABU PAPI WATER; THERE IS NOTHING TO LOVE ABOUT WHAT GOD DETEST. OLOKUN WORSHIP LEADS TO DEMONIC OPPRESSION AND BOUNDAGE. MANY OF YOU SAYING YOU LOVE IT, KNOW THAT YOU NEED HELP AND DELIVERANCE. I PRAY THAT YOU COME TO JESUS CHRIST TODAY SO THAT YOU CAN BE FREE.[/s]

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Is that all? IT IS BEAUTIFUL. VERY BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE IT. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by 1Sharon(f): 1:06pm On May 03, 2022
Preacherrr:
SHUT, MAMI WATER ABU PAPI WATER; THERE IS NOTHING TO LOVE ABOUT WHAT GOD DETEST. OLOKUN WORSHIP LEADS TO DEMONIC OPPRESSION AND BOUNDAGE. MANY OF YOU SAYING YOU LOVE IT, KNOW THAT YOU NEED HELP AND DELIVERANCE. I PRAY THAT YOU COME TO JESUS CHRIST TODAY SO THAT YOU CAN BE FREE.

Fvck your Jesus!

Jesus Christ need to come to ME TODAY so HE can be free.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by OGwales(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
compton11:
and that one is culture?

Yes... It is part of our numerous culture and traditions.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by oluxy(m): 1:07pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:

China are primitive too or south America right?

Oh I see! You just know the meaning of the word primitive that's why you decided to practice the usage here. Eyahhh.... More speed to your word hunting.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by OGwales(m): 1:08pm On May 03, 2022
ayo2008:

This is idolatry at its peak
God hates idolatry cos He is a jealous God

Your mumuness is at the peak
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by compton11(m): 1:09pm On May 03, 2022
OGwales:

Yes... It is part of our numerous culture and traditions.
nah nigga

This is religion and worship that involves sacrifice something maybe goat or fruit to something.

That is religion not culture.

And olokun is something to has to do with river.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by compton11(m): 1:10pm On May 03, 2022
Layi4real:
do u say fanatic Muslim?
Maybe u need a proper research about origin nd root of the Yorubas. You can't separate Yoruba with Arab. Because that where we originate from
u make sense with the beginning until u spoilt it at the end!

Which Yoruba originated from Arab?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by StUriah(m): 1:19pm On May 03, 2022
You must be very ignorant for calling this cultural practice an acts of voodooism. In Islam that you subscribed your ignoramus sense to, several provocative means of ritual practices are embedded in it. You people make Arabic magical inscriptions on live animals and slaughter them for ritual purposes; you drain their blood to make further inscriptions on leathers to invoke Jinie/Gino to actualize your intentions while you go ahead and distribute pieces of the meat from the sacrificed animals as Sahara or sacrifices to your neighbors and beggers. Many Alfas do money rituals for Yahoo people these days using human blood, and harvesting human skulls and other body parts. Dispute my position if I lie.

Please, let me enlighten you a bit about why the Ooni must carry out his duties as the custodian of Yoruba culture. It was Oduduwa who appointed the descendants of Adimula, his Arole, to be the custodian of the deities and culture of Ile-Ife at the instance of other Obalades who have founded other kingdoms. What then would be the Ooni's essence as the Oonirisha of the source if he is found wanting in carrying out his duties and responsibilities? He role can be likened to the Pope in the Vatican or Sultan of Sokoto. Get that to your dull brain.

iamrealdeji:
I'm Yoruba but a devoted Muslim. This voodoo that this man promotes is what I don't like about Yoruba people. Don't be surprised he might be the babalawo of the Dangotes and Otedolas cos Ooni is so inclined in juju practise and he must be the leader and chief priest of many yoruba occults

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Lightorder: 1:27pm On May 03, 2022
iamyemiakins:
Tradition must be upheld, it's the beauty of culture.
when you have everything that modernisation could provide and stay in high brow England posting that these traditions that wanna make me throw sometimes, should be upheld, you must be pretending . Charms and fetish materials , flying everywhere? Are you for real ? The only things I love here is the person of Ooni Ojaja and the white clothings. Little wonder no women stay and kept leaving him. I love African culture and costumes but not the TRADITION
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by OGwales(m): 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
compton11:
nah nigga

This is religion and worship that involves sacrifice something maybe goat or fruit to something.

That is religion not culture.

And olokun is something to has to do with river.

Is religion not part of culture? Olodo
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Lightorder: 1:37pm On May 03, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

You are not a real niggar
every Edo niggar would never see that guy as a real niggar including you. Yorubas are learning from Benin when it comes to Xtreme fetish transitions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by thunderbabs: 1:47pm On May 03, 2022
Olokun too like sweet things....she no dey get jedijedi ni shocked
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Josephkabila12: 2:05pm On May 03, 2022
Oba Adeyeye
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by lollybee15(m): 2:07pm On May 03, 2022
babasolution:
You are a failure. You can't comprehend at all.
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:20pm On May 03, 2022
Do they train all these Kings on what to do before any festival, or the ideas just pop into their heads?

I'm asking because I believe Ooni spent some years outside Nigeria, how does he know the actions to be taken at each festival?
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by yinkus0439: 2:25pm On May 03, 2022
LollySeaSide May there be a flavour to the land!
But wait oo...
I thought this man goes to church?
Or am I mistaking him for someone else?
[/quote]
He goes to church and bow to the King that install kings ( in his voice )
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by JohnieWalker12(m): 2:25pm On May 03, 2022
1Sharon:

Why Jesus too like money?

How the question take relate!!! Abi you be one of ogbanje members ? undecided
Re: Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:29pm On May 03, 2022
Kamalex2:
No be Fanta be this

Na fanta Na. Na normal thing especially when them wan appease water gods. I wonder why water gods like Fanta so much

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi & Ooni Of Ife Attend Graduation Ceremony Of Sanusi's Daughter In UK / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Jamb Question - What Is "Eku Ijoko" In English ? (winner Gets Recharge Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.