Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,008 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? (43485 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by jimmychang: 2:54pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

Soulmates....this is one of the biggest fraud ever.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by princewarri1985: 2:55pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site were did it run to?
Just think about this! Waking up every day and seeing the same face, and doing the same thing over and over again, trust me you get tired and want out. It's the same thing like eating only egusi soup everyday, trust me one day you get tired and want to try ogbolo or okro soup! Bottom line marry your best friend
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by kramer: 2:56pm On May 04, 2022
Emeskhalifa:

You've nailed it
I am a living witness.

Living witness of which part? Soulmate or selfish partner?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Lastborn0074: 3:01pm On May 04, 2022
yuzjet:
I'm presently in this situation. But what kept me going is the expectation that we'll get to this stage where we won't be feeling all those initial butterfly.

And the fact that she's been my shoulders to lean on whenever I need that extra bit of strength, to confide in whenever I need someone to talk to, and a partner to share
my weaknesses and challenges with whenever things becomes a bit difficult to deal with alone. All these are why marriage remains when feelings are faded.

You see my dear, love is never enough. Time and the value your marriage brings to the table are what will keep the marriage intact.

Love and feelings doesn't pay bills, the combined effort of both parties pay all bills. And when necessary bills are paid, there's peace of mind.

And as time goes, something will always reignite the feelings of the butterfly and you will feel the love up again.
Beautifully captured. This is so true, for some of us that are married.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by batb: 3:01pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
I haven't seen soulmates that loss interest after marriage,that is almost impossible.
...obviously you are not married!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Zannix(m): 3:03pm On May 04, 2022
Malice!

Lack of communication!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Infamous(m): 3:05pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
Yea,i might be inexperienced but i have a lot of experienced people around me whom i learn from.
You can never know the state of affairs if you do not speak to both parties. I hope you got your data from both parties involved in a marriage.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Keniwit(m): 3:05pm On May 04, 2022
Because Marriage is OVERRATED
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Acidbath: 3:14pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

Gbam!!!

Sadly, many marriages will end because they marry for the society and not because they have found a soul mate.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by dontrulee: 3:19pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

It is not love, na feelings and feelings fly away depending on the situation or circumstances
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by yuzjet(m): 3:20pm On May 04, 2022
Lastborn0074:

Beautifully captured. This is so true, for some of us that are married.

When you don't marry for love alone, marriage lasts longer.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by dontrulee: 3:20pm On May 04, 2022
ChooseWisdom96:
For Four months now my company hasn't paid us our salary, I'm a widow with two beautiful twins,its been difficult for me to feed and i dont want to do ashawo work.please help us to survive, anything please send to Ecobank, 4141249390. T. Chigozie.

Thank you.

Mtcheww.... If I talk now, they'll say I am wicked. Any means of verification?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by dontrulee: 3:21pm On May 04, 2022
Acidbath:

Gbam!!!

Sadly, many marriages will end because they marry for the society and not because they have found a soul mate.

Soul mate ke?
Shey soul mate dey exist ni?
What if your soul mate don die nko?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Acidbath: 3:26pm On May 04, 2022
dontrulee:

Soul mate ke?
Shey soul mate dey exist ni?
What if your soul mate don die nko?

If you see your soul mate, I sure say you no go like am.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by dontrulee: 3:28pm On May 04, 2022
Acidbath:

If you see your soul mate, I sure say you no go like am.

Me no believe in soul mate Sha.
It may exist, it may not exist. Everyone's reality is different Sha. grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by ye2hundhey(f): 3:39pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

That’s one of the reasons you should not marry anyone out of pity or cos u guys have been dating for long or what will people say if u guys break up suddenly
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by t2luv1: 3:41pm On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

Be aware this also happen to women ooooo. After 2 yrs you nah dey shark her anymore
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by favouredpikin: 3:42pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
which site is that abeg. Is Firstbank building a new site called love grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 3:45pm On May 04, 2022
The first one.
favouredpikin:

which site is that abeg. Is Firstbank building a new site called love grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by toplexy28(m): 3:54pm On May 04, 2022
online for deals at your rate , check my siggy
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Tywo2018: 3:55pm On May 04, 2022
If you marry for selfish interest e.g Sex,Money,Beauty and so on in marriage once those things are gone Marriage will started crumbling. but if you marry your soulmate you both will never no your lapses it keeps growing. Sex kills Courtships. since you will end up enjoying it for life in Marriage.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by bepositive11: 3:55pm On May 04, 2022
A lot of people think that they love their partner, but the truth is that they are just infatuated - in love with an ideal image that doesn't exist

Genuine love doesn't disappear. It only grows stronger

arejibadz:
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Fearlez: 3:56pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
speak for yourself.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by bepositive11: 4:03pm On May 04, 2022
That only happens when someone builds up an image of a person that doesn't exist. Then they get disappointed when they see that the image that they built up in their minds is not reality

There are people who we know thoroughly, whom we still admire and have a lot of respect for

datola:
Familiarity breeds contempt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by EndRape2(f): 4:04pm On May 04, 2022
How much can you build app, for us.

ote author=Lalami3232 post=112508275]Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"[/quote]
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Hollybratt(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2022
PStacks:
Good question
Because they already satisfied theirself to the final stage, such that they find nothing special in their selfs anymore. cheesy
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Hollybratt(m): 4:20pm On May 04, 2022
ChooseWisdom96:
For Four months now my company hasn't paid us our salary, I'm a widow with two beautiful twins,its been difficult for me to feed and i dont want to do ashawo work.please help us to survive, anything please send to Ecobank, 4141249390. T. Chigozie.

Thank you.
Ashawo work? Better choose wisdom :-/
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by colp2015: 4:23pm On May 04, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
SImps with the fear of God are comitted in their marriage..
Why did you label men who are faithful to their spouse simps?

I am not a simp.

Purity is a virtue and it pays with peace of mind and longevity.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by valkaka(m): 4:38pm On May 04, 2022
A lot of things change when a couple becomes married.

While dating, you usually see each other at your best periods, well dressed, nice perfumes, eating out in a restaurant and all.

When you get married it becomes a different ball game, you wake up beside each other, you see all the flaws that were previously hidden.

Complacency also sets in, you feel you have gotten the prize and do little to sustain it. You are no longer under pressure to impress, to look good for your partner.

These culminate in a loss of interest on both sides. My advice is try to make your relationship fresh, try to create honeymoon moments everyday... Interest never loses,it just covers with dust.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by crackhouse(m): 4:55pm On May 04, 2022
It ran to the children
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Thunderfayayou: 4:56pm On May 04, 2022
Timoleon:
Those broke bastards bill gates, bozzos, woods, bill gross, dr Dre, ken griffin, Johnny depp, Harold Hamm, ELON musk and many other broke millionaires and billionaires would be wishing they made more money after reading your comment. undecided

So Nigerian/african women and American women are the same abi

I don't know sometimes the way you people reason is sickening

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.