Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? (43487 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by MansoryMX(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site were did it run to?

Not true! You get more interested in the person and the sex becomes the most amazing feeling in the world. Don’t let anyone deceive you. Lastly avoid cheating at all cost!!!!
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Confirm4real(m): 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
Because see finish don happen and no true love to continue...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by anayolity: 1:00pm On May 04, 2022
I have asked this question several times to couples whom I see acting up after few years in marriage..."before marriage was there a part of you that wanted to stay forever??"

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Lightorder: 1:02pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.
most people get attracted by lust and not love . So when the thirst of the desire is quenched, interest die naturally. Secondly, couples expect so much from their partners forgetting that they are humans that make mistake and are not perfect. Lastly, accept your position as a man or a woman. Stop rubbing shoulders with your partners. You should be pursuing one goal in collaboration. Bitter truth is that men and women are not equal in everything but should be respected equally . For women , in your quest for women liberation, have it in mind that you can be the president but you CANNOT be the husband

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by BigYash: 1:02pm On May 04, 2022
Op go and look for the meaning of SEE FINISH

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Thunderfayayou: 1:03pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

Una dey watch too much of Telemundo and Zee World that's why.

Marriages requires steady work in other for it to work. Especially this generation!!!

Love will fade! Emotion and feeling will gradually dwindle. But there is something that keeps it going !!! Children and money!!! The last one is God

If it's what the eyes or love sh#t....it will die before una commit for church wedding sef.

As a man go and make money!

A woman will give herself reason to love you to the grave.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by GloriousGbola: 1:04pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

because life without responsibilities is different
also couples can end up growing in different directions

raising children, paying bills, general living - your job - all these get in the way

when you were dating the most you may have had on your neck is small job pressure

also, once you get married - there will be friction - family members, money, habits, etc

and people change in ways the SO may not like.

there are so many women i know who have become much much more religious than they were when they were younger.
imagine if you marry someone like poco and she becomes mummy GO in her older years

some guys hit money and the dog they chained breaks loose. i have also seen that one happen

romance get k leg when you have pikin. esp in naija. we dont do the babysitter thing where you get some secondary school aged girl to watch the kids while you go out on a date

in short, life happens sad

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by mamawa123: 1:04pm On May 04, 2022
Because they are not met for each other. Result you get when you married for material things

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

The love grows and become very deep as time goes on. Our thought process is so synchronized that sometimes we think the same exact thought on an issue. The first ten years may be rough but it gets better if both parties are willing to work at it. We are now like lovers, deep friends, brother and sister.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by BigBashiru: 1:04pm On May 04, 2022
Blunttruth:

Well, I think they built up certain expectations, and then when it isn't forthcoming problems start. People who go into marriage,prepared will not have issues. This of course refers to both parties. Not one putting in all the work, tolerating, sacrificing and forgiving and the other one is doing the opposite.

Second is the concept of living in the same house together.... at the boyfriend girlfriend stage they lived apart.... living together creates all manner of problems....

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Kobicove(m): 1:05pm On May 04, 2022
The novelty of the union has probably worn off

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by AnalQueenluci: 1:05pm On May 04, 2022
Blablamalala:

The question is actually referring to 'SOULMATES' that's why the OP is wondering the reason why?
tinubu urchi.n stop contradicting . U 2 Sabi na Im make una vote buhari ,
How many people marry their soulmates I ask u?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Makschinchin: 1:05pm On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

2 years ke?? You no even say 2weeks or 2months... 2years too far for something to shack you na

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by tydi(m): 1:06pm On May 04, 2022
Even you OP your shadows dey tire for your mumu sometimes leave you waka!
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

The human mind is insatiable, we want more, we want something else, we want to try new things, we get bored, it takes extra likeness, resistance and commitment to stay ooh, many of our parents ask many of them, they will tell you it’s because of my kids I stayed, its difficult spending time with one person for a great number of years, you have to fight demons in your head, you have to be really really committed, no matter how handsome, wealthy he is, no matter how beautiful, curvy, sensational she is, there is always people out there better. But if you are unhappy, I encourage divorce, life is too short to live unhappy with someone.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by virginprincess(f): 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
Infamous:
are you married?
No.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Heavensent01(m): 1:07pm On May 04, 2022
for a lady, lady lose interest in her partner post marriage when she end up with a man she need not the man she want.

70% of ladies in marriage today married their alternative, so imagine that a lady that like a tall fair man end up with a short man, a lady that want her husband to be handsome but end up with a rich ugly man, a Lady that want a man that have long pipe end up with a man with tiny dick

in nutshell, some ladies lose interest easily because they're looking for physique of a man not a heart to love

on the man side, someone like me lose interest easily in relationship if a lady cease to do what interest me about her before i asked her out, normally I no fit flirt with a lady that dont have furo not to talk of marrying one

there are some way I want my woman to dress in the house, she can disgust me if she dress otherwise and when I'm giving you cash to maintained yourself please do, don't give me excuse that you're contributing some money the reason you're look shattered

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Makschinchin: 1:08pm On May 04, 2022
PerfectStranger:
The thought of eating same egusi till infinity makes is boring

Ndi egusi soup eburu bia undecided
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by GrowYourSales(m): 1:08pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

Please are you married?

Modified
I see where you already responded to someone. nvm
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
Nyascobar1414:
SImps with the fear of God are comitted in their marriage..
Lol. My guy dey try calm down small na.. chai grin
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Utanisco(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
Incessant Bleep before marriage

Dem no gree do holy sth again

Nonsense generation
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Sweetvie: 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
It not love just infatuation... The marriage was built on physical attraction.... When that faded,no spark again n the more they live with each other they get tired smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
GrowYourSales:

Please are you married?
Person when no get boyfriend sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Fapemz: 1:09pm On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"

Bros i sell power bank for Laptop in case you need one
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by djon78(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:

Soul mate ko house mate ni
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by virginprincess(f): 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
GrowYourSales:

Please are you married?
No,whyare you guys asking?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by mach7(m): 1:10pm On May 04, 2022
Well, life happens.

But you need to workout a way to snap out of it.

Perhaps take a vacation, rekindle the interests you had before marriage, pray about it......try and leave stress free lives.

Just find a way to make your marriage work, except you have a plan B.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Czario: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
Thunderfayayou:

Una dey watch too much of Telemundo and Zee World that's why.

Marriages requires steady work in other for it to work. Especially this generation!!!

Love will fade! Emotion and feeling will gradually dwindle. But there is something that keeps it going !!! Children and money!!! The last one is God

If it's what the eyes or love sh#t....it will die before una commit for church wedding sef.

As a man go and make money!

A woman will give herself reason to love you to the grave.

Very good assertion.

Single guys if the only reason you make money is for one woman to love you to the grave. You had better keep your money and have fun remaining single.

What nonsense...

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by lexy2014: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
Blablamalala:

The question is actually referring to 'SOULMATES' that's why the OP is wondering the reason why?

How is the question referring to soulmates?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by yusluvad(m): 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
So many factors can cause it...
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by KoyyesPussyHiv: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.