Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? (43483 Views)

Why Do Married Men Suddenly Lose Interest In Their Wives and try to avoid her? / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? / Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
All i can say is,no matter what differences u find in ur marriage,never let it get to level of abuse , beating and fighting..if its not working,split ..its natural for people to get better when there re no attachment..for why couples lose interest in each other,i think it's mostly boring people that do,for me,there is a new spice each day to add flavor,thats why i love crazy girls just that they re so crazy they cant even focus on one man but they are almost fun to be with all the time

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by djon78(m): 1:11pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
I haven't seen soulmates that loss interest after marriage,that is almost impossible.

Story story story

Seems you are living in a utopian world??

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by KoyyesPussyHiv: 1:12pm On May 04, 2022
shocked
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:13pm On May 04, 2022
That should be infatuation right from the beginning

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by BGSM: 1:13pm On May 04, 2022
Both deception and reality about life is now cleared to the couple

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by lexy2014: 1:14pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
I keep wondering The love they both had at first site were did it run to?

Pls define love?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by jaxxy(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

Married people or rather most Married people tend to get sloppy.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Hahjascho(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
Marrying for the wrong reasons.

No proper investment of commitments from both parties.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by djon78(m): 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
Romanoff:

People focus more on tags so when the status changes from single to married, their behaviour changes, in most cases to suit the "marriage" tag.

If y'all can love yourself and treat each other as sweetly as you did when you were single.

Sort out quarrels and misunderstanding as respectfully and lovingly as you were single.

Make your marriage more like boy friend and girlfriend than modifying your behaviours cause you're married, I believe you won't lose interest on each other.

This your reply made sense

When couples see themselves as friends/buddies
The marriage is sure footed

When they have got the back of each other
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Pastorsmile: 1:15pm On May 04, 2022
Number 1- pretence
Number2- lies
Number 3 - Spirit spouse manipulations
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by BloomingDale(f): 1:16pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

Cos most people pretend a lot during courtship just to get married.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Ofiadiegwu: 1:16pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

Trechery or betrayal or advice from bad influence (third party effect) contribute to all of those...

If husband and wife stay true and simple one to another, their love thrives and shines like always...
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by lexy2014: 1:17pm On May 04, 2022
pongwa:
you need more than love to keep a marriage successful, so if you got married because you loved him or her, your eye go eventually clear especially
when law of depreciation sets in. Actuallt, what you need to stay married is the commitment and conscious efforts laced with sacrifice.
For me it's not a must to get married but it's a must to stay married especially when kids are involved

so if you got married because you loved him or her, your eye go eventually clear especially
when law of depreciation sets in.

What kind of contradiction is this? Pls what is love and how does of depreciation setting in and eye clearing affect love?
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Cousin9999: 1:19pm On May 04, 2022
People stop putting effort into the relationship. Like, people get fat, stop grooming well, stop trying to surprise each other, stop making time for each other, or whatever. Then weeds grow over the romance. A little romance can go a long way I think. It doesn't have to be expensive.

It can also be that the relationship matures into another phase. In that phase, expression of love and attraction are different. I also think it's a matter of "love language" and libido because the next phase may feel different depending on those characteristics in each partner.

You just have to make a genuine effort and be understanding.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Hassanmaye(m): 1:19pm On May 04, 2022
Lalami3232:
Make I use myself as a case study for you.
When I initially started programming, my first few apps wey I build give me big joy. I was so inlove with them. But now, E dey normal to me. Those things no dey intoxicate me again because I don too build many apps. Make I use another example for you.
When you get your first car, E go dey shark your body like who drink. After about 2yrs, that car no go dey freak again. Do you know why? Oyibo dey call am "law of diminishing return".
Wetin you dey see every time dey loss value for eye.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go ****"
You go born five
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by IamV: 1:20pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

Here they go again with the soulmate myth.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Allisgud: 1:22pm On May 04, 2022
That is why u don't marry a person only becos of is physical endowment marry person who understands love respect u and ur family

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by eabiode: 1:23pm On May 04, 2022
See finish
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

The site been no good and the engineer wey build am no sabi.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by zedegit: 1:25pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

See finish syndrome.

Besides 70% of the problems is finance. Money (Owo).

Realization sets in on the man that he is bearing the financial burden of a fellow adult in the name of woman. Pressure and depression sets in.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by sisisioge: 1:25pm On May 04, 2022
Because most people marry those who seem ready and available. Not those they truly care about.

They say romantic love ebbs within one year while agape love replaces it afterwards. Unfortunately, if all you take in there is romantic love, OYO becomes your case afterwards. That is why the men need the third party to keep them in the marriage and the women need the children or a third party to keep them in it. It is well. It is so hard to find that person you love their body like air and equally care about their wellbeing like their mother.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by gbengene1234(m): 1:27pm On May 04, 2022
When I ask a lady out and she agrees that we should date. The first thing I do is check out the signs as early as I can before the relationship gets more deeper. The minuite I realise you aren't my kind of future spec.. I start giving you space

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by zedegit: 1:28pm On May 04, 2022
virginprincess:
When you meet your soulmate you don't lost interest after marriage instead you get more interested, but when you get married to someone you don't love(possibly got married to the person for your own selfish reason), you begin to lose interest after getting what you wanted.

How do you find your soulmate? The concept seems alien.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by MVLOX(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2022
There are many factors that can lead to that...

1. Finances

2. Children or lack of children

3. Personal difference

4. Family involvement

5. Turning to Friends for advice instead of turning to God
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Gentlerespect76: 1:29pm On May 04, 2022
Says who? It's better to say "some".
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Ellasure: 1:30pm On May 04, 2022
When you meet your love life try and spend quality time together to enable good assessment of each other qualities.

Caveat is that girls of today play smart by avoiding any assessment of their personality by making sure you don't see them enough before the marriage. Why? Because these ones have many things to hide and would prefer shutting you off questioning them on most topics of interest in life.

Some smart boys to men that are conscious of such deliberate avoidance prolonged courtship period.

For instance, how can you marry a lady without knowing any of the relations or old school acquaintances or street friends. Women are very trickish and smart in the period leading to marriage. They are probably schooled by their mothers when they are still searching.

So, the best a man should do as a minimum before marriage is to know at least two brothers of your spouse and take them out on sight seeing and questions. Sometimes attend the religious house where she worship on two Sundays before.

Don't say you don't have time for your lifetime. Girls to women are very crafty Ooooh.

Shine your eyes wella.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by fitinwell: 1:31pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:

When it comes to who to Marry Hand it over to God...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Emmanuel909090: 1:31pm On May 04, 2022
Disrespect and pride not loss of interest.
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Okobola146: 1:32pm On May 04, 2022
Waiting to see what Seun would write
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Saidu22(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2022
When couple hide certain characters that he/she never reveal during courtship but later reveal it after marriage. That's where lost of interest begins.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by davillian(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2022
arejibadz:
At some point love doesn't keep the marriage other factors do
Re: Why Do Couples Lose Interest In Each Other After Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 04, 2022
Marry a girl with a brain and busy mind, the common interest will keep the marriage spicy. As long as the woman is not boring, or you are not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Two Ladies Declared Missing In Abuja (Photo) / Tomisin, Tomiwa And Toni: Triplets Share Their Birth Story On Their Birthday / Groom Abandons Bride On Wedding Day After Discovering She Already Has 4 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.