Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! (43071 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by jaxxy(m): 11:05pm On May 07, 2022
Kobicove:
Offences
1 - Cantankerous live-in lover

2 - Non-attendance of landlord/tenant meetings

3 - Willfully insulting caretaker who is just a messenger for this purpose

OP please judge yourself - If you were a landlord would you tolerate a tenant with these characteristics in your property?! undecided

I'm sure u saw he said he had work then as the reason he couldn't attend. should he be blamed for that??

who fixes such meeting on a weekday when people will be at work?

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by excel101(m): 11:15pm On May 07, 2022
From your statement, you have a lawyer, he should be in a better position to guide or advice you legally. Read your post to yourself ones again.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by charles2468(m): 11:16pm On May 07, 2022
[quote author=Mooh247 post=112604444]

I have handled horrible tenants before and I know how it feels.... They would start qouting human right over your sweat and blood even without contributing a bag of cement to you

God bless you jare, Don't mind the people quarrelling with the landlady, if its easy let him go n buy land n build just two rooms in it, let's know how far.
Once ure in someone property respect yourself, unless the landlord is really doing you bad, then kindly pack n go.
Is only a fool that wants to stay back n rub shoulder on someone sweat, that means e get waiting u wan see

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Hustlerlomo(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2022
Wicked tenant , you wan kill landlady on top her property, wicked man, I am about to serve a useless tenant like you quit notice on Monday and I am only giving him just 3 months .
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by tonididdy(m): 11:19pm On May 07, 2022
My friend get your stupid ass out of a lady's house. You want to show who pepper?
This is why I sometimes use thugs on my tenants. That's my business, don't F with it angry
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by excel101(m): 11:24pm On May 07, 2022
Anakazo22:

Na God go punish you for this rubbish when you type since you don't know how to read, if you have nothing meaningful to say just shut up, what do you mean by entitlement mentality, so as a tenant you expect him to be licking her landlady shoes abi, you think in a sane country where the law is working fine this kind of landlady can't get away with this, it's because we are in Nigeria a corrupt country that's why you think a landlord will just wake up one morning and served quit notice.
If I may ask, what kind of meeting are they holding. I think people like you are part of the reason Nigeria is this bad and lawless
Did the landlady acted within the ambit of the law of our land? If yes, erase this comment.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by tonididdy(m): 11:25pm On May 07, 2022
henroo2003:
If in six months he doesn't get an apartment, should he put his load inside the gutter..... The way some landlords treat tenants sometimes is annoying and worrisome. You just increased the rent and the next thing is quit notice. Someone that has been paying , now couldn't pay within a month, you issue a quit notice...

If you know you can quit the apartment in that six months pls do. But sincerely, people like them needs to be dealt with... If e be say the person wey get the house don die self.....
As someone as said, don't think of staying in a house the landlord lives.

God will help you my brother.. Amen
Listen, that building is someone's buisness. You don't dictate how I run my business as long as it's law abiding.
To be honest, some tenants are hell sent.
What does the OP mean by, he wants to show her pepper?

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by tonididdy(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2022
Anakazo22:

Na God go punish you for this rubbish when you type since you don't know how to read, if you have nothing meaningful to say just shut up, what do you mean by entitlement mentality, so as a tenant you expect him to be licking her landlady shoes abi, you think in a sane country where the law is working fine this kind of landlady can't get away with this, it's because we are in Nigeria a corrupt country that's why you think a landlord will just wake up one morning and served quit notice.
If I may ask, what kind of meeting are they holding. I think people like you are part of the reason Nigeria is this bad and lawless
Make I shock you. I don't want to call country name but it's somewhere in Asia. They have a dedicated govt office for tenancy issues. Anytime you call esp when you are black, to complain about your white landlord. they will tell you right there on the phone to go settle with your landlord ,even if you push the case further, the landlord will always win.
There are laws guiding tenant/landlords. You have to always ensure you stay in your landlord good books, it's not all about rent or licking ass.
According to law, the landlord can issue a quit notice at any time dim fit. It is up to the tenant to challenge it in court and not saying "I want to show her pepper", only this is enough evidence for the court to kick his ass out because clearly he is a " bad tenant"

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by princewarri1985: 11:34pm On May 07, 2022
LagBlogger:

Oga you no go believe am but na you be mumu. Try am with Landlord where Sabi law you go know how far.

The 6 months quit notice is not rent free and if the landlord knows what he is doing the OP will regret the experience.
Bros leave that thing, i dey respect lanlord wey dey respect himself and pay my rent when due, but when the landlord won jump or take advantage or oppress me because him na lanlord ehn just like the aforementioned lanlord did to the OP then i go come let am know say me i be lion and him go belleful. Beside i dont pay rent anymore so nothing concern me concern any landlord.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by MemoriesAndMe: 11:37pm On May 07, 2022
DanjaNinja:

You have just described my predicament. I currently live abroad. My tenant told me to my face that he doesn’t know when he would pay me rent. I’m currently in the process of evicting the tenant. The lesson has taught me never to invest in Nigerian real estate. I’d rather buy properties abroad where I’m fully protected by the law than waste my money in Nigeria. And yet, our people wonder why the economy is stagnant. No single trust and integrity. Diaspora Nigerians would rather keep money in the bank than invest in Nigeria. What a shame.

Bro, you're on the right path bro. I'm based abroad too - left Nigeria over 18 years ago. I abandoned the second house I was building for commercial purpose in Nigeria after finding out what my brother based in Nigeria with 3 houses deals with on a daily basis.

I don't even have that much time he has to argue with people. It's not like I even need the money theyd pay me for anything. How much is rent in Lagos converted to what some people pay for mortgage per month in the respective countries their landlords live?

Who has time for a tenant that paid for one year rent in Nigeria, converted to USD,GBP,EUR and everything they paid for an entire year rent isn't even enough for even a cheap monthly bill outside Nigeria.

Not saying every landlord deserves equal respect from their tenants. Some landlords are crazy, but some landlords are cool, don't really need rent for nothing -just a relationship with a good person willing to abide with their original agreements. Suddenly, they end up meeting crazy tenants ready to show them pepper if the landlord dares telling them to leave his own house they begged to rent in the first place.

Someone told me he decided to start renting his houses to only yahoo boys because if he threatens them with police and EFCC, they will quickly move out or produce the rent money without any police, EFCC, lawyer or court involved. That seems preferred. But not everyone is comfortable with having Yahoo boys as tenants.

4 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by vncntluv(m): 12:06am On May 08, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Over entitlement mentality on someone else property

You have 12 whole month to look for your next year rent and you claim you don't have it as at expiration of your rent you even want a reminder from your caretaker

You felt too busy to attend meetings in the house you reside, meeting regarding welfare of the house which is part of your core responsibility as a tenant

Your fiancee had a quarel with the owner of the property

You cursed the caretaker of the property

You better start looking for a new place because highest you can get is 3 month from the reciept of the first notice

Only in Nigeria will a Fool download Sokoloan App, read terms and conditions, collect loan spend it on frivolity and when the time to pay reaches he starts causing all sort of menace

You got 6 month quite notice but want a year free rent....

PS; on a lighter note... What if Buhari and Osinbajo decided to stay extra 6 month in Aso Rock Vila and Aguda house while they drag Nigerians to court

You just talk rubbish and you got another 208 muntulas that likes the bullcrap you wrote. You are not educated at all.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Ibile77(m): 12:10am On May 08, 2022
Correct,that's the position of the law
DanjaNinja:
Typical Over entitled tenant. The landlady does not need a reason to serve an eviction notice. It's her property and she can do as she wishes with respect to the law. I know tenants like you. You feel because you pay rent you have some ownership stake in the property. You mentioned your rent expired last month. A responsible tenant would reach out to inquire about rent renewal options. But your type will never do that. Also you mentioned that the landlady made a rent increase last year. Yes, she can increase rent. Do you know how much it cost to buy land and build a property? Also why would your fiance quarrel with the landlady? Una no get respect?

p.s: A quit notice of 6months does not mean you get to live in the apartment free of charge for the next 6months. You will still pay for the 6months. If you like don't pay. She can take you to court and she would win. Nigeria is not as lawless as you people think. One day you would be a landlord and you would understand. Nonsense.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by candygist: 12:22am On May 08, 2022
Lakatabah:
Nairalanders, I need your help.

I just moved into this new apartment and within a month to the expiration of my rent, I got a call from the caretaker to see him and he told me they would be is increasing the rent unless I renew before it expires but I didn't have it at that moment and pleaded but he said that's the decision of the owners of the house.

The landlady leaves in the building as well but the caretaker receives rent payment and all for reasons best known to them.

I went to see the landlady and she stood her ground that if I can't pay I should leave. Well, I could deduce her actions for doing this as she had a quarrel with my fiancee and it has been settled but she still had it in her mind.

I don't why people have dumb mentality. A landlady and a tenant cannot quarrel and settle in peace anymore.

I choose to pay the rent increase last year in order to let peace reign. On a norms, I would never pay for such an increase( I mean from 200k to 250k) Now, I just got a letter delivered to me this morning which is a notice to quit as my rent just expired last month.

Normally, when my rent expires or about to, the caretaker will call me and ask when will I be renewing it but this time I didn't get anyone at all which means they actually planned it before now.

They didn't even call me for a meeting to discuss, who does that?

And on the letter, there was no reason stated on the quit notice and it's a 6 months eviction notice. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that's how they do these days issuing quit notice without prior notification even when you're paying constantly.

When I went to see the caretaker, he told me it was because I was absent in the last meeting that was held in the compound. What trash! I rained curses on him to the extent that he couldn't voice out a word again. Apparently, he was shocked as I'm always very gentle.

Are they sharing money in the meeting or what? Or I would leave my business and be in a meeting on a weekday when I can always get what was discussed in the meeting from people that were there.

The reason didn't even go down well with me as it got me really annoyed. I have decided to park out but I want to make sure they see pepper.

Can I stay up to a year or more before moving out?

Please I need your advice, thoughts, and ideas. Thanks in advance and pardon my typos as I'm typing from my phone.

OP see your stupid mentality. Your even sound rude from your explanation. If it's that easy go and build your own house and allow landlords rest in Their own house.

0eople like you are the reasons some landlord in Lagos prefer not to rent out apartments out all because of tenant wahala.

My friend, go and build your own house and allow somebody mother to have rest of mind in her own house.

Stupid boy.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by clericuzzio(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2022
Lakatabah:

I just moved into this new apartment and within a month to the expiration of my rent, I got a call from the caretaker to see him and he told me they would be is increasing the rent unless I renew before it expires but I didn't have it at that moment and pleaded but he said that's the decision of the owners of the house.

The landlady leaves in the building as well but the caretaker receives rent payment and all for reasons best known to them.

I went to see the landlady and she stood her ground that if I can't pay I should leave. Well, I could deduce her actions for doing this as she had a quarrel with my fiancee and it has been settled but she still had it in her mind.

I don't why people have dumb mentality. A landlady and a tenant cannot quarrel and settle in peace anymore.

I choose to pay the rent increase last year in order to let peace reign. On a norms, I would never pay for such an increase( I mean from 200k to 250k) Now, I just got a letter delivered to me this morning which is a notice to quit as my rent just expired last month.

Normally, when my rent expires or about to, the caretaker will call me and ask when will I be renewing it but this time I didn't get anyone at all which means they actually planned it before now.

And on the letter, there was no reason stated on the quit notice and it's a 6 months eviction notice. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that's how they do these days issuing quit notice without prior notification even when you're paying constantly.

When I went to see the caretaker, he told me it was because I was absent in the last meeting that was held in the compound. What trash! I rained curses on him to the extent that he couldn't voice out a word again. Apparently, he was shocked as I'm always very gentle.

Are they sharing money in the meeting or what? Or I would leave my business and be in a meeting on a weekday when I can always get what was discussed in the meeting from people that were there.

The reason didn't even go down well with me as it got me really annoyed. I have decided to park out but I want to make sure they see pepper.

Please I need your advice, thoughts, and ideas. Thanks in advance and pardon my typos as I'm typing from my phone.

She has given you quit notice. Just ignore it until she serves you court letter.
On the first summon date, don't go, it would be rescheduled. Maybe 3months.

Then be present at the second hearing at this time ask the judge to give you time to get a lawyer to stand or represent you. The case would be adjourned for another 3months. Now you have stayed 6months.

On the 3rd hearing date, ask the lawyer to find excuse to give you time to file your defense and come up with your own position. The case would be extended by 3months again.

On the Fourth hearing, tell the judge that your finance has really dwindled and that the landlady should give you 6months to 1year to raise another rent fee, you were affected by covid.

After the 6months to 1 year expiration, tell the judge you have managed to raise just 50k and that you are still trying your best to raise it to 300k to get a decent apartment. You will definitely be obliged, cos the court doesn't expect you to sleep on the street or under bridge.

With this strategy you've lived your profit off her and even the fees you paid.

Then gently look for a decent place where the landlord doesn't stay in the same compound or that doesn't depend on rents for survival.

Note: I'm currently in same page with you as my own landlady has given me quit notice as well.
I will vacate her residence next year December

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by shegz24(m): 12:30am On May 08, 2022
Lol.. go live with your fiancee naa.

But on a more serious note, you shouldnt have missed a meeting attended by all tenants and even if you had to miss it, you should have confirmed the discussion and resolution reached from your co-tenant.

What you can do now is to go and beg the landlady for forgiveness.
Also get to know what was discussed in that meeting.
Cos if push comes to shove, you will still have to leave the house sooner rather than later and finding/paying for a new apartment in Lagos is quite expensive and could swallow your savings and time if you are not careful.

That is assuming you even see one that is convenient enough.

Just go (with your fiancee if possible) to beg the landlady and double your hustle to move out when you are ready, maybe to your own house.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by FIRDAUS3(m): 12:31am On May 08, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

You have 12 whole month to look for your next year rent and you claim you don't have it as at expiration of your rent you even want a reminder from your caretaker

You felt too busy to attend meetings in the house you reside, meeting regarding welfare of the house which is part of your core responsibility as a tenant

You better start looking for a new place because highest you can get is 3 month from the reciept of the first notice

Only in Nigeria will a Fool download Sokoloan App, read terms and conditions, collect loan spend it on frivolity and when the time to pay reaches he starts causing all sort of menace

PS; on a lighter note... What if Buhari and Osinbajo decided to stay extra 6 month in Aso Rock Vila and Aguda house while they drag Nigerians to court

Bombshell undecided
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by shegz24(m): 12:34am On May 08, 2022
clericuzzio:

She has given you quit notice. Just ignore it until she serves you court letter.

Then be present at the second hearing at this time ask the judge to give you time to get a lawyer to stand or represent you. The case would be adjourned for another 3months. Now you have stayed 6months.

On the 3rd hearing date, ask the lawyer to find excuse to give you time to file your defense and come up with your own position. The case would be extended by 3months again.

On the Fourth hearing, tell the judge that your finance has really dwindled and that the landlady should give you 6months to 1year to raise another rent fee, you were affected by covid.

After the 6months to 1 year expiration, tell the judge you have managed to raise just 50k and that you are still trying your best to raise it to 300k to get a decent apartment. You will definitely be obliged, cos the court doesn't expect you to sleep on the street or under bridge.

Then gently look for a decent place where the landlord doesn't stay in the same compound or that doesn't depend on rents for survival.

Note: I'm currently in same page with you as my own landlady has given me quit notice as well.

You forgot to add that he will still pay for any month he stays extra.
Its better to find your way out of the house or resolve issues with the landlady for good instead of delaying the inevitable.

Na the landlady get house, you are the one wasting your time and energy going back n forth with lawyers and court that will take their share too when you can add it up and get another place.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by FIRDAUS3(m): 12:36am On May 08, 2022
clericuzzio:

Savage blow cool
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by shegz24(m): 12:38am On May 08, 2022
jaxxy:

I'm sure u saw he said he had work then as the reason he couldn't attend. should he be blamed for that??

If he was really interested, after he returns from work, he could have asked his neighbour/ co-tenant what was discussed.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Canvass: 12:48am On May 08, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Your brain is working and working properly. I'd love to hate you for being so blunt but I can't help loving you.
When we get down to it, no court will ever tell a landlord to hand over his property to a tenant or allow a tenant to live in rented apartment perpectually without paying. It's a lost cause sooner or later. Why not seek, and pursue it like the Bible advised? If leaving would bring you peace of mind, why show anyone pepper? Fools die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by litaninja(m): 12:52am On May 08, 2022
No you can't. That was a legal & proper notice issued to you. 6 months notice as stipulated because you pay an annual rent. Take the 6-month period to find another place.

Lakatabah:

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by pizapato(m): 1:04am On May 08, 2022
Udemzy05:

Tact? How is that tact?

If that's tact then why are we clamouring for a change in government instead of just having regards for the constituted authority.
Why not just put up with everything the government throw at you because you have regards for leadership.

Well you call it TACT,I call it ass licking.
Just because you don't want your land lord to give you quit notice,you must do whatever he says even if it doesn't make sense.

I've seen some people doing the most silly things at work just because they don't want to lose their job but will complain bitterly about it in secret.

Nobody will wake up one day and just decide to cause trouble, talking about building your own house cause your land lord is being difficult,let me tell you this, everyone won't be a landlord or land lady, and moving out is not as easy as you put it.

It is surprising that lots of you can't identify the lack of coherence in the OPs narration. From his narration, I suspect he is a problematic tenant.

Let me point out a few:
1. He claimed he just moved into the house, but he failed to specify when exactly he moved in and how long he has lived there
2. He said once his rent expires, the caretaker usually contact him. That shows that this is not the first time he is renewing his rent there. It also gives an indication that whenever his rent expires, he has to pressed before he pays.
3. His girlfriend had an issue with the landlady. Are you not surprised the girlfriend is having an issues with the landlady of a new house he just moved into. If he has lived there for say 5 years with the girlfriend, it is understandable that misunderstanding is bound to happen occasionally over a long period
But for him to have issues in a short period he claimed to have resided there, the problem seems to be coming from him and his so called girlfriend.
While I understand that some house owners are problematic themselves, and it is more difficult to deal with a landlady than a landlord, a tenant that minds his own business will rarely run into trouble with such house owner even if they are from hell.

I did not bother to read the whole story as the start already gave me an indication of his kind of person

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Nobody: 1:06am On May 08, 2022
leave in peace or in pieces, you cannot win this war
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by clericuzzio(m): 1:09am On May 08, 2022
shegz24:

You forgot to add that he will still pay for any month he stays extra.
Its better to find your way out of the house or resolve issues with the landlady for good instead of delaying the inevitable.

Na the landlady get house, you are the one wasting your time and energy going back n forth with lawyers and court that will take their share too when you can add it up and get another place.

Once your landlord or landlady gives you quit notice, you don't pay any rent again..
What will the court collect? Will the court ask you to pay court fees

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Kobicove(m): 1:18am On May 08, 2022
jaxxy:

Is he the only tenant who works?

He is probably lying because we all know no reasonable landlord will fix a meeting during working hours; the meeting was most likely fixed for the evening but he chose not to attend because he feels he's above everyone else.

By the way nothing stops him from sending a representative to attend the meeting on his behalf undecided

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by LagBlogger(m): 1:26am On May 08, 2022
clericuzzio:

You think you're smart. Try this with a smart badass landlord. You will be the one begging him to free you.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by jaxxy(m): 1:47am On May 08, 2022
Kobicove:

Is he the only tenant who works?

He is probably lying because we all know no reasonable landlord will fix a meeting during working hours; the meeting was most likely fixed for the evening but he chose not to attend because he feels he's above everyone else.

By the way nothing stops him from sending a representative to attend the meeting on his behalf undecided

So u think in a weekday everybody who works will attend such meeting just to discussaccommodation issues??

why can't they send the notice of the meeting and also the resolution of such meeting to all members or tenants if really serious?

I'm sure serious and busy workers sent their housewives or relatives or representatives that meeting
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by KillerCrocodile: 2:29am On May 08, 2022
DanjaNinja:
Typical Over entitled tenant. The landlady does not need a reason to serve an eviction notice. It's her property and she can do as she wishes with respect to the law. I know tenants like you. You feel because you pay rent you have some ownership stake in the property. You mentioned your rent expired last month. A responsible tenant would reach out to inquire about rent renewal options. But your type will never do that. Also you mentioned that the landlady made a rent increase last year. Yes, she can increase rent. Do you know how much it cost to buy land and build a property? Also why would your fiance quarrel with the landlady? Una no get respect?

p.s: A quit notice of 6months does not mean you get to live in the apartment free of charge for the next 6months. You will still pay for the 6months. If you like don't pay. She can take you to court and she would win. Nigeria is not as lawless as you people think. One day you would be a landlord and you would understand. Nonsense.

You spoke my mind completely

So many useless and wicked tenants nowadays.

May God help landlords and landladies from Evil and Disrespectful tenants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by DanjaNinja(m): 4:49am On May 08, 2022
bomasek:
1st rule of the thumb,never stay in same compound your landlord lives.

If you are in Lagos,you can drag her to dispute resolution court at Alausa while you begin your hunt for a new apartment. Wish you the best

Funny people. Drag her to dispute resolution court on what grounds?

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by DanjaNinja(m): 5:27am On May 08, 2022
clericuzzio:

Once your landlord or landlady gives you quit notice, you don't pay any rent again..
What will the court collect? Will the court ask you to pay court fees

Ignorance of the law is no excuse. It is called 'Mense profit'. And the court will gladly collect it. You people think Nigeria is completely lawless. You never jam Landlord when ready for you.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Lightorder: 5:32am On May 08, 2022
DanjaNinja:

If you want to follow this silly logic, then you should know that the Landlord's sweat and blood were used in building the house as well. How much is your rent relative to the cost of buying a land and building a house. Nonsense logic everywhere.
the landlord may have used all the treasures stored in the Bank of England to build the house, THE TENANTS HAVE RIGHT THAT SHOULD BE RESPECTED. I am both a tenant and a landlord. Don’t tell me what I know. The tenants’ rent is also their sweat and blood, no matter how tiny.

Retiree Landlord pikin , my logic would naturally and logically sound silly to you and I know why.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by DUNKA(m): 5:35am On May 08, 2022
Lakatabah:

You are a wicked Tenant

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper? / How Do We Eject These Stubborn Tenants In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.