Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,593 members, 7,816,461 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! (43115 Views)

My Landlady And Her Daughter Want To Finish Me! / Legal Advice Needed, My Landlord Just Brought Quit Notice For All Tenants. / My Landlord Served Me A Quit Notice And I Want To Know What What My Rights Are (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Nigerialabalaba: 8:02pm On May 07, 2022
I don't why people have dumb mentality. A landlady and a tenant cannot quarrel and settle in peace anymore.

poor and proud chief tenant. no wonder she sack u from her house. shiorr

14 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by shaggy007(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2022
Out of the blues

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Adekunbimichael: 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
Be like say na u be landlady first born
Mooh247:
cool

Over entitlement mentality on someone else property

You have 12 whole month to look for your next year rent and you claim you don't have it as at expiration of your rent

You felt too busy to attend meetings in the house you reside, meeting regarding welfare of the house which is part of your core responsibility as a tenant

Your fiancee had a quarel with the owner of the property

You cursed the caretaker of the property

You better start looking for a new place because highest you can get is 3 month from the reciept of the first notice

4 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Slynation(m): 8:03pm On May 07, 2022
There is nothing you can do, since a 6 month quit notice has been issued to you, I wonder why your fiancée couldn't keep her temper in check, Imagine a visitor fighting with the landlady, This should be an avoidable drama but the deeds has been done...!!

Start looking elsewhere in peace instead of revenge, before you put yourself into unnecessary trouble.

7 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by EgunMogaji2: 8:04pm On May 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

You have 12 whole month to look for your next year rent and you claim you don't have it as at expiration of your rent

You felt too busy to attend meetings in the house you reside, meeting regarding welfare of the house which is part of your core responsibility as a tenant

You better start looking for a new place because highest you can get is 3 month from the reciept of the first notice

I’ll never ever rent a residence to any Nigerian.

I have a 2 bedroom flat just sitting there unused but I’ll never rent it out due to AH like OP.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:
Nairalanders, I need your help.

I just moved into this new apartment and within a month to the expiration of my rent, I got a call from the caretaker to see him and he told me they would be is increasing the rent unless I renew before it expires but I didn't have it at that moment and pleaded but he said that's the decision of the owners of the house.

The landlady leaves in the building as well but the caretaker receives rent payment and all for reasons best known to them.

I went to see the landlady and she stood her ground that if I can't pay I should leave. Well, I could deduce her actions for doing this as she had a quarrel with my fiancee and it has been settled but she still had it in her mind.

I don't why people have dumb mentality. A landlady and a tenant cannot quarrel and settle in peace anymore.

I choose to pay the rent increase last year in order to let peace reign. On a norms, I would never pay for such an increase( I mean from 200k to 250k) Now, I just got a letter delivered to me this morning which is a notice to quit as my rent just expired last month.

Normally, when my rent expires or about to, the caretaker will call me and ask when will I be renewing it but this time I didn't get anyone at all which means they actually planned it before now.

They didn't even call me for a meeting to discuss, who does that?

And on the letter, there was no reason stated on the quit notice and it's a 6 months eviction notice. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that's how they do these days issuing quit notice without prior notification even when you're paying constantly.

When I went to see the caretaker, he told me it was because I was absent in the last meeting that was held in the compound. What trash! I rained curses on him to the extent that he couldn't voice out a word again. Apparently, he was shocked as I'm always very gentle.

Are they sharing money in the meeting or what? Or I would leave my business and be in a meeting on a weekday when I can always get what was discussed in the meeting from people that were there.

The reason didn't even go down well with me as it got me really annoyed. I have decided to park out but I want to make sure they see pepper.

Can I stay up to a year or more before moving out?

Please I need your advice, thoughts, and ideas. Thanks in advance and pardon my typos as I'm typing from my phone.

Make I tok am?

Okay.

See, someone else has paid for 2 years while you were waiting for a courteous call from the caretaker.

They have another tenant lined up who's ready to pay more, because he or she needs that apartment more than you do.......

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by flokii: 8:05pm On May 07, 2022
Some fights are not worth it.. if you can get another apartment ASAP, please do. In the meantime you can write through a lawyer that you need time to get another apartment, you can get extra 2-3 months grace.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by toloohthegreat: 8:05pm On May 07, 2022
But not everything is about a bag of cement. Life is more than that. We should be as rational as possible. Fairness will make you and I safe again in this world.

Mooh247:

I have handled horrible tenants before and I know how it feels.... They would start qouting humam right over your sweat and blood even without contributing a bag of cement to you

6 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Mrkumareze(m): 8:05pm On May 07, 2022
Gently find another house, don't start making troubles ... I also pray your hustle pay so you can erect a structure for tenants to live in.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Deicide: 8:06pm On May 07, 2022
I always rent house that I can afford according to my salary.

6 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Nyanabo(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2022
You would be living in the house illegally after your given 6months. You are even lucky they gave you 3 months. Some tenants would give you 7 days notice to quit.

There are certain level to don't look for trouble to.

5 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by SavageResponse(m): 8:06pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:

I just moved into this new apartment and within a month to the expiration of my rent, I got a call from the caretaker to see him and he told me they would be is increasing the rent unless I renew before it expires but I didn't have it at that moment and pleaded but he said that's the decision of the owners of the house.

The landlady leaves in the building as well but the caretaker receives rent payment and all for reasons best known to them.

I went to see the landlady and she stood her ground that if I can't pay I should leave. Well, I could deduce her actions for doing this as she had a quarrel with my fiancee and it has been settled but she still had it in her mind.

I choose to pay the rent increase last year in order to let peace reign. On a norms, I would never pay for such an increase( I mean from 200k to 250k) Now, I just got a letter delivered to me this morning which is a notice to quit as my rent just expired last month.

Normally, when my rent expires or about to, the caretaker will call me and ask when will I be renewing it but this time I didn't get anyone at all which means they actually planned it before now.

And on the letter, there was no reason stated on the quit notice and it's a 6 months eviction notice. I spoke to my lawyer and she said that's how they do these days issuing quit notice without prior notification even when you're paying constantly.

When I went to see the caretaker, he told me it was because I was absent in the last meeting that was held in the compound. What trash! I rained curses on him to the extent that he couldn't voice out a word again. Apparently, he was shocked as I'm always very gentle.

Are they sharing money in the meeting or what? Or I would leave my business and be in a meeting on a weekday when I can always get what was discussed in the meeting from people that were there.

The reason didn't even go down well with me as it got me really annoyed. I have decided to park out but I want to make sure they see pepper.

Please I need your advice, thoughts, and ideas. Thanks in advance and pardon my typos as I'm typing from my phone.

Just listen to yourself - "You want to show them pepper"

The owner of the house says she no longer wants you in her property and gave you the minimum notice required by law and you're here making noise.

Thank your stars that I'm not your landlord because by the time I'm done with you you will find yourself in your village!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Cloud007: 8:10pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:

you sounded like a pro Putin on this forum. Trouble maker... Can you please read what you posted again?

6 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Slynation(m): 8:10pm On May 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I have a 2 bedroom flat just sitting there unused but I’ll never rent it out due to AH like OP.
Lol, but who is losing...?? You are just doing yourself

8 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Arysexy(m): 8:11pm On May 07, 2022
Vacate the house in 6months or amadioha will locate you grin

The landlady tried by giving u 6months notice.

7 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by President2001(m): 8:11pm On May 07, 2022
Don't let six months end try all possible best you can to get another one you need to reach agreement with them in the new place

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by chatinent: 8:12pm On May 07, 2022
What I never do: I do not rent any apartment where the landlord lives.

Two, your rent was due and you didn't pay. Their actions are justifiable. You need not be reminded to pay your rent.

Three, wetin come carry your fiancee to come quarrel with landlady? Since you didn't claim innocence as to what transpired between your fiancee and the landlady, psychology says you people are at fault ..but you cannot accept it because the red wire of your pride will cut.

11 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Emdebby2: 8:13pm On May 07, 2022
You want to show someone pepper on top of property? Are you ready and strong to fight this battle? You are no longer wanted in that compound. You have six months to secure another apartment and my advice is that you better leave in peace.

7 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Abujaexpress: 8:13pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:

I am a landlord about to evict an habitual rent debtor and an unserious fellow, what do I comment on this now?

5 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by ibinaboonline: 8:13pm On May 07, 2022
You’re here for people to show you how to show your landlady pepper. When you pack out, will you have peace where you are moving to? Na still the same person you be. Were you at peace with your landlord and fellow tenants where you lived before your current abode? Humility will help you, not just with your landlord, but everything else in life. You have more important things to do than the other tenants that attend meetings. They don’t have work so you employ them as your ears at the meeting. Can’t your fiancé challenge the landlady in peace again? After all, una go just settle. She’ll do it again because una go just settle. You were waiting to be called and even have a conference hosted to ask you to pay when your rent is due. Ask yourself honest questions o. Get God, get sense.

16 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by hope4nigeria(m): 8:14pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:

I for support you to stay extra one year and show them pepper but I'm seeing a vision that God wants to elevate you, want you to move forward and God's is using them to shift you to your glory. If you have money, move out to next level

3 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Go and learn how to use the expression entitlement mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Simpubozz(m): 8:17pm On May 07, 2022
TCD:
Why would u want to stay a year before moving out? She has given you 6 monts notice for you to fnd a place and move. If a landlady doesnt want you, its her property, you have no rights to it. BE Honourable and move out within those 6 months.
What if one hasn’t seen a place to rent within that 6months??
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by doggedfighter(f): 8:18pm On May 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Trash !

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Anakazo22: 8:18pm On May 07, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Na God go punish you for this rubbish when you type since you don't know how to read, if you have nothing meaningful to say just shut up, what do you mean by entitlement mentality, so as a tenant you expect him to be licking her landlady shoes abi, you think in a sane country where the law is working fine this kind of landlady can't get away with this, it's because we are in Nigeria a corrupt country that's why you think a landlord will just wake up one morning and served quit notice.
If I may ask, what kind of meeting are they holding. I think people like you are part of the reason Nigeria is this bad and lawless

12 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:19pm On May 07, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Well, there are still good heads outside.

Using the OP experience as a yardstick is never a good way to judge others.

1 Like

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Ameduedwin: 8:19pm On May 07, 2022
ttobizz:

I suspect you're op's landlady
exactly my thoughts
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Anakazo22: 8:20pm On May 07, 2022
ttobizz:

I suspect you're op's landlady

Exactly, that guy is just as useless like the landlady
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Anakazo22: 8:21pm On May 07, 2022
AdeniyiA:

Quick advice, make sure you always read with understanding.

Someone once said if you want to hide anything from an African, put it into a writing undecided

Don't mind the idiot, didn't bother to read before typing rubbish.
Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by TCD: 8:21pm On May 07, 2022
Simpubozz:

What if one hasn’t seen a place to rent within that 6months??

Thats not the landlords business. You are not entitled to her house she built with her own money. The law says 6 months notice , after 6 months you can be evicted legally.

4 Likes

Re: My Landlady Just Brought A Quit Notice To Me Out Of The Blue! by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 07, 2022
Lakatabah:

Leave within 6months.
Leave grudges n let peace reign.
Some landlords ll tell you to quit within a month sef.
Last Drop
And haven't you heard of the one in Amuwo-Odofin, Lagos State. He beats up tenants that refuses to pack out after notice.
You wan collect?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Construction Management Information System Course And Certification / Building A Student Hostel : Profitability And Challenges / Buying A House Or Building From Scratch: Which Is Cheaper?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.