Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,026 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla (79399 Views)

The Meanings And Origin Of Toyota Model Names / The Evolution Of Toyota Corolla From The Year 1966 To Present (photos) / The Evolution Of Toyota Camry From The Year 1983 To Present (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Greycious(m): 9:59am On May 08, 2022
chukelvin:
I have a nigerian used 2010 corolla for 3.3...negotiable...92700mileage...registered 3 months ago...

Ur contact?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:00am On May 08, 2022
That guy lie just make my slippers go hide!
I've drive both cars and corolla is more fuel efficient than the V6 Lexus.
The Lexus has got raw power though. Corolla dey learn for speed.

Temptee101:

A Lexus V6 saves fuel more than a Corolla V4? shocked lipsrsealed

Uncle, I swear you have never lied in your life.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by joe54: 10:00am On May 08, 2022
It's less fuel consuming.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by aikyg(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2022
Nine years ago, I paid 2 million for a 2005 Corrolla. I think paying three million for the same car nine years later is not crazy at all.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ravensckar(m): 10:01am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
That stupid car that looks like I am driving Keke napep. I sold it off and focus on my 2009 Honda Accord.

Apart from the stupid mentality that it's not consuming fuel(which is a lie) there is nothing special about that car. My V4 Honda Accord save more fuel than that Corolla.

I drive both so I know what I am talking about.
Bro, can you please tell me more about the HONDA ACCORD 2009? The maintenance tips and co. Honestly, the overhype about Corolla is pissing me off too but I'm just a bit skeptical about the Honda and the 'leg pulling' issue.

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by cpu2006(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:
A friend gave me the task of getting a Tokumbo Corolla for him and I have been on it for few weeks now. In this assignment I've come to realize that Corolla is now more expensive than the following vehicles:

Toyota Camry
Toyota Highlander
Acura MDX
Nissan Pathfinder
Honda Accord
Etc

It's just crazy!!! How can I pay over 3 million naira for a 2003 Corolla? How? I've told him I won't continue in the quest unless he makes another choice.

But why are people so in love with Corolla? I know that the car is strong and reliable, but it's definitely not the only strong and reliable car out there. When we were still in school, whether you scored 70% or 100%, it is "A". So if Toyota Corolla is good at 100%, there are still others that are good at 90%; both are good.

In place of Corolla, we still have Honda Civic, Mazda3, Hyundai Elantra, Kia Forte, Nissan Sentra, Camry, accord etc. They may not be as good as Corolla, but they are definitely not too bad. My opinion

Toyota Corolla 2005 model is available for 3m.
Direct belgium
08116814649. Whatsapp
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DavidEsq(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2022
Temptee101:

A Lexus V6 saves fuel more than a Corolla V4? shocked lipsrsealed

Uncle, I swear you have never lied in your life.

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Rubbiish(m): 10:03am On May 08, 2022
LordVarys1:
Very ugly car, I can't even buy it for anything. The interior is so poorly finished. I still prefer my 07 Hyundai Elantra to that Corolla. If you don't have money to buy fuel then you have no business owning a car. This fuel consumption nonesense has to stop.

You juwt buy a new car, 99% of the question is, hope the car no dey cjop too much fuel? If u can't buy fuel please sell that car.

Moreover not only Corolla has good furl efficiency, there are cars with better fuel efficiency.

Dash me that car, I will sell it and buy another car.

Ugly car
See frustration lol
Take is easy bro, corolla is not human
No be corolla fault say most people love the car.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Idaytesj29(m): 10:03am On May 08, 2022
DavidEsq:

@ "organs harvested" grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DavidEsq(m): 10:04am On May 08, 2022
Greycious:

Ur contact?
If dem carry u enter bush from there, no too shout o grin grin grin
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:04am On May 08, 2022
Honda civic is good.
Be sure to service at when due and the car will serve well.

Signum:

Which car apart from Corolla would you recommend for someone with a budgenof 2m?

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Idaytesj29(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2022
Meteng:
My brother, even if you have fence and gate, it still doesn’t guarantee your sleep as long as this Corolla is in your compound

Infact, cos of corolla in your compound, you may be puting your self in the way of full robbery. The robbers will be like:

Let's use one stone to kill two birds na as they smoke their weeds. grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Asetua(f): 10:06am On May 08, 2022
Drone! Drone! Drone!

There are lots of wealthy people in a Nigeria.
whit this level of insecurity, how come we still do not see drones flying over our heads in big cities? . so if you have some little money and you think of securing your perimeter alone, am sure by now everyone have come to realize that's not enough.

I think individuals should consider buying drones, I believe this will scale down criminal activities a bit.

I believe most criminals want to remain unnoticed but if images of there hide outs and criminalities are put out continuously this may serve as a heads up to potential victims.

Please if you can afford a drone get one fly it around your neighborhood see what's going on around the shanties at the major bus stops, make videos of characters you see, put the videos online.

I am sure we have a lot of smart people on here, I may not be that intelligent to discuss this idea, but can someone else do justice to it ?
You get the idea!

Let's just try to use technology to our advantage.
OPINION.

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by zuraking(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2022
ravensckar:
Bro, can you please tell me more about the HONDA ACCORD 2009? The maintenance tips and co. Honestly, the overhype about Corolla is pissing me off too but I'm just a bit skeptical about the Honda and the 'leg pulling' issue.
I am not a car expert or guru but all I know is u won't regret using that particular Honda. If u buy tokunbo, enjoy without any issues but if u buy Nigeria used, just pay attention to the suspensions and change anything making noise in the legs. Mines has never pulled leg while driving o and I use it rough for our bad road.
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by tonididdy(m): 10:06am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Nigerian used, shey?
angry def a toks na
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Rubbiish(m): 10:07am On May 08, 2022
DavidEsq:

Pls what's the consumption rate of fuel for a 2012 toyota camry? On a half tank, I drove from Gwagwalada to Kubwa outskirts and back and the fuel was as good as finished. Full AC o! Is this ok?
I don't really know much about 2012 Camry fuel consumption as I don't use one. But it is not too bad. Gwags is kinda far from kubwa
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:07am On May 08, 2022
You sure say that your Camry no be V6 engine?
Driving habit could be another factor why the fuel burnt out fast
Or bad fuel that burns quick.
Even if it's a v4 engine, there is something definitely wrong with the car's fuel system. Coz on half tank covering that distance, it shouldn't even get to quarter tank.

DavidEsq:

Pls what's the consumption rate of fuel for a 2012 toyota camry? On a half tank, I drove from Gwagwalada to Kubwa outskirts and back and the fuel was as good as finished. Full AC o! Is this ok?
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by YeyeGbami: 10:07am On May 08, 2022
doggedfighter:

I tell you.

What is the use of cheap spare parts and low

fuel consumption when I can't sleep with my two eyes closed. grin

Pay for insurance then go and sleep grin

2 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by rapheal5(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
FAT LIE bro. As the tank small so, the faster the fuel gets empty.

If u over speed for express, e go be like say the car wan tear into two grin
u don't have to lie because u hate the car, I spent 6000 fuel from lagos to owo, ondo state last week with the same corrola on aircon and I still have little fuel to move around for 2 days....it truly doesn't consume fuel and the car has no catalyst...

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by YeyeGbami: 10:10am On May 08, 2022
ogwuche4u:
I own a Peugeot 307 and I tell for a fact that corrola doesn't come close to it. In terms of fuel economy, availability of spare parts, the 307 is top much. Nigerians are just wired to Corolla because of how they abuse vehicle. Every car is good. Maintenance is key to enjoying a car. I even laugh more when people compare Toyota to Peugeot 406. Have you asked yourself why they use 406 as pilot 1 for long distance journey? Enough of this Corolla madness.

I hear say those vehicles no like to enter water. Na true?

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:10am On May 08, 2022
In my opinion, when it comes to Honda Accords, no point managing a problem.
Service the car when it's due
Change ball joints the moment you begin hear that "kakakaka" sound when you cut in full to make a u- turn.
If you really wan enjoy Accord, be sure to buy direct tokunbo to experience real peace of mind. grin

ravensckar:

3 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by ravensckar(m): 10:12am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
I am not a car expert or guru but all I know is u won't regret using that particular Honda. If u buy tokunbo, enjoy without any issues but if u buy Nigeria used, just pay attention to the suspensions and change anything making noise in the legs. Mines has never pulled leg while driving o and I use it rough for our bad road.
Thanks bro. I'll be getting another car this year by God's grace. Honda Accord 2009 & Hyundai Elantra 2008 are at the top of my wishlist. Me I no get power to buy motor wey no go gree me sleep biko. cheesy cheesy

A farmer who planted maize on a roadside and a person driving corolla in Lagos are suffering from the same problem. If you know it, then, you belong. cheesy cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:13am On May 08, 2022
The distance is quite far but for it to finish gabadaya shows there is a problem or he drives a V6 engine spec Camry.
Even V6 no go enter red light like that.
Rubbiish:

I don't really know much about 2012 Camry fuel consumption as I don't use one. But it is not too bad. Gwags is kinda far from kubwa

1 Like

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by DIAMANTE1759: 10:15am On May 08, 2022
I have 07 Corolla sport for 3m last 07067723295 u can reach out to me for pics location is Auchi Edo state
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by tonididdy(m): 10:15am On May 08, 2022
aikyg:
Nine years ago, I paid 2 million for a 2005 Corrolla. I think paying three million for the same car nine years later is not crazy at all.
9yearw ago you were ripped off my guy.
In December 2018, someone bought 2 units of corollar ( not sure the year) @1.8 per unit. I ended up buying a Camry for 2.3 and a year later bought a lexusrx300 for 1.9 . This is in a toks car yard in Benin with full customs.

So how did your buy a Corolla in 2013 for 2m undecided

6 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Mightydude: 10:16am On May 08, 2022
Bland you say...why dont you check this 2003 & 2005 interior.

Available for sale.

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 10:16am On May 08, 2022
uncleck:

Don't buy Corolla if you're married because the time you should be thinking about your wife, you'll use it and be thinking about your car before you know it you'll start having issues with your woman

lol
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Hybrid600: 10:17am On May 08, 2022
Be sure you don't buy Nigeria used except if you know the direct owner.
Person no dey really know how the previous owner use or abuse the car...

ravensckar:
Thanks bro. I'll be getting my first car this year by God's grace. Honda Accord 2009 & Hyundai Elantra 2008 are at the top of my wishlist. Me I no get power to buy motor wey no go gree me sleep biko. cheesy cheesy

A farmer who planted maize on a roadside and a person driving corolla in Lagos are suffering from the same problem. If you know it, then, you belong. cheesy cheesy
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by kay29000(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2022
zuraking:
car gurus know. Aside the resale value nothing special about that car. I bought mine for 1.1m and sold it 1.350k to another Corolla fans grin

My 2009 Accord gives me more comfortability and nice cruising with enough functions smiley

lol
Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Princedapace(m): 10:18am On May 08, 2022
shortgun:
Corolla is over hyped, dull,unsafe and uninspiring piece of ugly metal that is littered all over our roads.
It's the band wagon mentality of Nigerians that made the car expensive, Nigerians like to copy others without any assurance that what they are copying will favour them.
Same reason every corner of every street is filled with POS operators.
Same reason every parent want their children to be Doctors or lawyers.

Nigerians are mentally lazy to research any product, scheme or brand they want to commit money into....this is why Ponzi people are cashing out big.

The only condition that a Nigerian needs to do a thing is if someone has done it before.

Corolla will continue to be over priced as long as we have brain washed people with no ability to think for themselves.

The annoying part is that the drivers of this abomination of a car now behave like that proverbial butterfly that thinks itself a bird.... imagine a corolla challenging a 3.0l engine vehicle to a race.

Corolla is the most useless car angry
U are very right, Nigerians, majority are lazy mentally to research and band wagon effects is the main issue

4 Likes

Re: The Crazy Price Of Toyota Corolla by Greycious(m): 10:19am On May 08, 2022
DavidEsq:

If dem carry u enter bush from there, no too shout o grin grin grin

Lol, for this Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pictures: Presidency Officials Now Use Innoson Suv's / ******Kakaki presents: Your Daily Car TIPS****** / Full Body Of A Moving Car Being Washed In Lagos Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.