Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,696 members, 7,862,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:35 AM

Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed (3944 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / What Is The Trinity? (biblical Evidence) / These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Ok prove that a command=commandment=rule=order=edict.
Lol
undecided

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by TenQ: 10:23pm On May 12, 2022
mhmsadyq:

LOL!

I believe you know the religion of his father.
His father obviously wasn't a Muslim.

The bolded is what i want to know...
Pls. with reference to a credible source.
Thank you...
Since Abdullah as said by you is not a Muslim, he was an idolater according to the tradition of the Arabs at that time.

His name means servant of Allah because Allah was one of the several Deities worshipped by the Arabs at that time .

The Kaaba contain several idols and deities worshipped by the Arabs!

References:
Only if you object to any points above. You will provide your counter reference and I will provide my references.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

In life, context is everything

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
In life, context is everything
Ok, So does this mean you refuse to agree even with scripture that the word command is synonymous with the word commandment? undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 10:34pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Ok, So does this mean you refuse to agree even with scripture that the word command is synonymous with the word commandment? undecided

Hebrew Bible was written in Hebrew, and commandments and command means different thing in Hebrew.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 10:37pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Commandment deals with religious duty
What’s religious about “Genesis 12 v 1
"Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.“
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by mhmsadyq(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2022
TenQ:

Since Abdullah as said by you is not a Muslim, he was an idolater according to the tradition of the Arabs at that time.

His name means servant of Allah because Allah was one of the several Deities worshipped by the Arabs at that time .

The Kaaba contain several idols and deities worshipped by the Arabs!

References:
Only if you object to any points above. You will provide your counter reference and I will provide my references.

Ok.
I know you will say the bolded that was why i said with credible source.

Where is you source that Allah was a deity among other deities of the Arabs?
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Its up to you to decide. God gave a command to Adam vs God gave alist of commandments to Moses.

If they are similar tgen you should substitute commandments for commands/order/edicts/rule

It becomes "the 10 rules" or "the 10 edicts" or "the 10 orders" instead of
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 12, 2022
CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by TenQ: 10:48pm On May 12, 2022
mhmsadyq:

Ok.
I know you will say the bolded that was why i said with credible source.

Where is you source that Allah was a deity among other deities of the Arabs?
First tell me
1. The wrong Information I supplied
2. A reference to a counter information

Then I will oblige you with information from Islamic sources otherwise, use this time to reflect on the murder of a young girl in the name of the religion of peace in Sokoto state
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 10:49pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
1.Its up to you to decide. God gave a command to Adam vs God gave alist of commandments to Moses.

2. If they are similar tgen you should substitute commandments for commands/order/edicts/rule

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.
1. Why is it suddenly up to me to decide when you are the one who conveniently rejected it simple because of the use of the word "commanded" in Genesis 2 vs 16 - 17, insinuating there was a difference between the words command and the word commandment. I then showed you in an example from Leviticus 17 vs 1 - 4 where the same Lord is said to have commanded the people of Israel instead. undecided

2. OK. Here goes ...

6. But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my commands. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations.- Exodus 20 vs 6
undecided
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my commandments. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. - Exodus 20 vs 6
undecided
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my laws. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. - Exodus 20 vs 6
undecided
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my edicts. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. - Exodus 20 vs 6
undecided
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my rules. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. - Exodus 20 vs 6
undecided
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my orders. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations. - Exodus 20 vs 6
lipsrsealed
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Why is it suddenly up to me to decide when you are the one who conveniently rejected it simple because of the use of the word "commanded" in Genesis 2 vs 16 - 17, insinuating there was a difference between the words command and the word commandment. I then showed you in an example from Leviticus 17 vs 1 - 4 where the same Lord is said to have commanded the people of Israel instead. undecided

2. OK. Here goes ...

undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
lipsrsealed

But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my commands. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations.- Exodus 20 vs 6

In an attempt to win an arguement you commited a sin. Command is only used once but we understand the context. But nothing like order, edict , rule is used so overzelousness caused you to add and subtract from you bible.

CONTEXT

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by mhmsadyq(m): 11:05pm On May 12, 2022
TenQ:

First tell me
1. The wrong Information I supplied
2. A reference to a counter information

Then I will oblige you with information from Islamic sources otherwise, use this time to reflect on the murder of a young girl in the name of the religion of peace in Sokoto state

My question is clear enough, oga.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. OK. Here goes ...

undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
undecided
lipsrsealed

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
But I will be very kind to people who love me and obey my commands. I will be kind to their families for thousands of generations.- Exodus 20 vs 6

In an attempt to win an arguement you commited a sin. Command is only used once but we understand the context. But nothing like order, edict , rule is used so overzelousness caused you to add and subtract from you bible.
CONTEXT
undecided
Chichigi1990:
If they are similar tgen you should substitute commandments for commands/order/edicts/rule
THE 10 COMMANDMENTS.
Was that statement not made by you? undecided

And did I not show how easily any of the synonyms of the word commandment can be used to replace it even right there in Exodus 20 vs 6? undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:08pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Now that you know the meaning of the word contextual, can you then explain what is contextually incorrect in any of what I stated there? undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided Was that statement not made by you? undecided

And did I not show how easily any of the synonyms of the word commandment can be used to replace it even right there in Exodus 20 vs 6? undecided

But you should never, under any condition distort scripture and you just did.
The sin is on your head now.

Hold the L with honour.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Now that you know the meaning of the word contextual, can you then explain what is contextually incorrect in any of what I stated there? undecided

Command cant be used alone without commandment in exodus 20 6 it distorts the original meaning.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:12pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
1. But you should never, under any condition distort scripture and you just did.

2. The sin is on your head now.Hold the L with honour.
1. How exactly did i distort scripture in this case?

2. What particular sin do you claim is on my head? Can you be more specific about the details of this sin? Where is it written in scripture? undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by TenQ: 11:13pm On May 12, 2022
mhmsadyq:

My question is clear enough, oga.
How Muslims relish lies and deception, only Allah knows.

My question is simple and direct enough for a lover of truth
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:15pm On May 12, 2022
TenQ:

How Muslims relish lies and deception, only Allah knows.

My question is simple and direct enough for a lover of truth

Hope you know about this truth too?
Elohim is the father of Yahweh as written in the original Hebrew Bible and not some Catholic/Protestant version like kjv, niv.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Command cant be used alone without commandment in exodus 20 6 it distorts the original meaning.
1. Distorts the original meaning in what sense? undecided

2. Given that the dictionary meaning of the word commandment directly relates it, by meaning, to the other words there, how is the original meaning distorted when a word with similar meaning is used in it's stead? undecided

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
This statement does not make sense. undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. How exactly did i distort scripture in this case?

2. What particular sin do you claim is on my head? Can you be more specific about the details of this sin? Where is it written in scripture? undecided

In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul found it necessary to answer his critics: “We have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God

I judge you with your own scripture. Paul is an apistate to me but to u hes a saint

Did you see order, rule, edict used out of context in exodus 20 6

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:19pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Distorts the original meaning in what sense? undecided

2. Given that the dictionary meaning of the word commandment directly relates it, by meaning, to the other words there, how is the original meaning distorted when a word with similar meaning is used in it's stead? undecided

Bible was not written in English but Hebrew.
What a commandant is spelled out, it deals with religious duty.
Your understanding of the Bible is crooked, using verses that suits your Hag agenda

Chichigi1990

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:20pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
In his letter to the Corinthians, Paul found it necessary to answer his critics: “We have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God

I judge you with your own scripture. Paul is an apistate to me but to u hes a saint

Did you see order, rule, edict used out of context in exodus 20 6
Again....1. Distorts the original meaning in what sense? undecided

What you have been attempting here is a semantic argument. So I'd appreciate it if you stayed focused . undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This statement does not make sense. undecided

It very well does. Exodus 20 6 in NIV NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION was was making reference to commandments not commands.

Every other version uses commandments

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:23pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
It very well does. Exodus 20 6 was was making reference to commandments not commands.
So, Exodus 20 vs 6 was making reference to commandments , not commands, how? undecided

You have to explain what you mean by that to me cause I have no idea what that means. undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Again....1. Distorts the original meaning in what sense? undecided

What you have been attempting here is a semantic argument. So I'd appreciate it if you stayed focused . undecided

Define commandment in biblical context?

Can it be substituted with command, edict, rule , order and still mean the same thing out of proper context and with commandment being used ?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, Exodus 20 vs 6 was making reference to commandments , not commands, how? undecided

You have to explain what you mean by that to me cause I have no idea what that means. undecided

See the parts circled and underlined

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:26pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Yes it is making reference to commandments, when you read the Bible and not assume you will have an idea.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:28pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Define commandment in biblical context?

Can it be substituted with command, edict, rule , order and still mean the same thing out of proper context and with commandment being used ?
Here's what the same dictionary tells you of what you claim to be of biblical context.... undecided

See how the word Commandment is in fact said to be born from the word Command? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. / 2019 Elections: Giving, Collecting Bribe To Vote Is Sin – Catholic Bishop / Why Did Islam Approve Prostitutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.