Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,989 members, 7,866,716 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:11 AM

Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed (4013 Views)

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. / What Is The Trinity? (biblical Evidence) / These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:32pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's what the same dictionary tells you of what you claim to be of biblical context.... undecided

See how the word Commandment is in fact said to be born from the word Command? undecided

Commandments was written in Hebrew not old French or English.
Commandments are used for religious duty.
Even in your screenshot you see the definition they give to commandments? “Divine rule”. Is command a “divine rule”?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:32pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
See the parts circled and underlined
If that is the source of your confusion, let's find another verse that is not tangled in that chapter to help free your mind then.. undecided
26. He said to him, “I am the Lord your God. If you listen to me and do what I say is right, and if you obey all my commands and laws, then I will not give you any of the sicknesses that I gave the Egyptians. I am the Lord who heals you.” - Exodus 15 vs 26
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:34pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
If that is the source of your confusion, let's find another verse that is not tangled in that chapter to help free your mind then.. undecided

This is the origin of command. Is command a divine rule?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:37pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Commandments is a religious duty or divine rule different from command.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Here's what the same dictionary tells you of what you claim to be of biblical context.... undecided

See how the word Commandment is in fact said to be born from the word Command? undecided

Lets ASSUME command is even acceptable (e.g the 10 commands of God lol), commandment is specifically reserved to be used in reference to the divine rule given to moses But lets assume you cant understand it.
Overzealousness made u go above and beyond to add edict,order,rule

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Even in your screenshot you see the definition they give to commandments? “Divine rule”. Is command a “divine rule”?

Primary meaning or original or first meaning of mitzvah=Commandment.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:45pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:

Primary meaning or original or first meaning of mitzvah=Commandment.

Yes that’s what I’m saying, and it used for religious duty not just for any command.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:46pm On May 12, 2022
Maynman:

Cant use command without commandment when refering to divine rule.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
1. Lets ASSUME command is even acceptable (e.g the 10 commands of God lol), commandment is specifically reserved to be used in reference to the divine rule given to moses But lets assume you cant understand it.
2. Overzealousness made u go above and beyond to add edict,order,rule
1. That one English word was reserved to be used by whom? undecided

The Laws were penned in Hebrew so how could the word Commandment have been reserved for use in reference to divine rule by the author of the law? undecided

2. Nothing like overzelousness here since I don't operate under the delusion that particular English words are reserved by anyone on behalf of God. undecided

By the way you accused me of sin earlier, but you have yet to reveal the scriptural detail of the sin in question, how come? undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:47pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:

Cant use command without commandment when refering to divine rule.

We are saying same thing, did I say otherwise?
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

The Laws were penned in Hebrew so how could the word Commandment have been reserved for use in reference to divine rule by the author of the law? undecided

2. Nothing like overzelousness here since I don't operate under the delusion that particular English words are reserved by anyone on behalf of God. undecided

Its clearly written.

You added irrelevant words like edict to your scripture to give it mean but in the process you distorted it.

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:48pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

By the way you accused me of sin earlier, but you have yet to reveal the scriptural detail of the sin in question, how come? undecided

If they are written in Hebrew why don’t you quote it out? It doesn’t fit your agenda?

1 Like

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Its clearly written.
Pay attention....

1. That one English word was reserved to be used by whom, how? undecided

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 11:50pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention....

Commandments is used for divine rule,how many times do you hear “commandments” everyday?
But we hear “command” everyday,
it’s simple, but it doesn’t fit your hag agenda.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:52pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention....

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. Revelations 22:18-19

Hold that L
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:54pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Pay attention....

I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book. Revelations 22:18-19

hold that L
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 11:57pm On May 12, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Hold that L
Um.... Sin is as defined in God's Law. Revelations is not a book of God's Law this since John, the writer is not God. So I don't know why you would assume that you should quote of the definition of sin from the book of Revelations. undecided

So, you need to find the specific sin first, so you are at least sure of what it is you accuse me of. undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 11:59pm On May 12, 2022
Kobojunkie:

There was a ruling and instruction before commands and laws.
What were the ruling and instruction in that context?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 12:00am On May 13, 2022
Chichigi1990:
I ....
Still waiting on you to provide answers to the questions I asked here.. . .

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On May 13, 2022
Chichigi1990:
There was a ruling and instruction before commands and laws.
What were the ruling and instruction in that context?
Stop deviating and focus... we are still trying to iron out your claims made of the words commandment and command... maybe once that is handled we move on to the other synonyms on the list. undecided
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:01am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Um.... Sin is as defined in God's Law. Revelations is not a book of God's Law this since John, the writer is not God. So I don't know why you would assume that you should quote of the definition of sin from the book of Revelations. undecided

So, you need to find the specific sin first, so you are at least sure of what it is you accuse me of. undecided

Jesus Also didn’t write any book, all the books about Jesus are written by another person and they are Unknown authors, “Catholic epistle”. Your logic doesn’t add up.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 12:02am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

If revelations to john isnt from God then the entire bible isnt from God.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 12:03am On May 13, 2022
Maynman:

Jesus Also didn’t write any book, all the books about Jesus are written by another person and they are Unknown. “Catholic epistle”. Your logic doesn’t add up.

The bible itself as a whole was writen in the third person. Abraham didnt write anything, someome merely narated the life of abraham
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On May 13, 2022
Chichigi1990:
If revelations to john isnt from God then the entire bible isnt from God.
Again....pay attention! undecided

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:03am On May 13, 2022
Chichigi1990:

The bible itself as a whole was writen in the third person. Abraham didnt write anything, someome merely narated the life of abraham

Yeah right.
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:04am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

So which book in the Bible was written by God?
Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Nobody: 12:05am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Substituting commandment for rule, edict just to win an arguement, you added and subtracted.

1 Like

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On May 13, 2022
Chichigi1990:
Substituting commandment for rule, edict just to win an arguement, you added and subtracted.
This wasn't about winning any argument since there is no rule given by the writer of the original text that when translated to other languages, only one word can be used while other synonyms of the same word rendered invalid. undecided

The Hebrew word mitzvot when translated to English language corresponds to the words command, commandment, rule, edict, law, law, precept etc., which are as indicated in the dictionary too. undecided

You conveniently looked up the Oxford dictionary meaning of the word commandment and decided there and then that Oxford definition was the reserved divine meaning, ignoring the fact that other translation of the same word have it linked to other English words. undecided

Then you also conveniently accused of me of commiting sin this by my simply applying other Englsh words that share the same meaning as the word used in scripture, as if to suggest somewhere that God decreed it a sin to use word synonyms in depicting that which is written or even attributed to Him. undecided

I am clearly not the one trying really hard to win an arguement at all. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:15am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
This wasn't about winning any argument since there is no rule given by the writer of the original text that when translated to other languages, only one word can be used while other synonyms of the same word rendered invalid. undecided

The Hebrew word mitzvot when translated to English language corresponds to the words command, commandment, rule, edict, law, law, precept etc., which are as indicated in the dictionary too. undecided

You conveniently looked up the Oxford dictionary meaning of the word commandment and decided there and then that Oxford definition was the reserved divine meaning, ignoring the fact that other translation of the same word have it linked to other English words. undecided

Come on…
You translate words using their meaning as it is in their original language.
what does mitzvot mean in Hebrew?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:16am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

That’s a lie, the word is meant for religious purposes and even targets the Jews. Why are you lying?

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Maynman: 12:20am On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:

These are what rule, precept and law means in Hebrew and they don’t correlate with “mitzvot”. Mitzvot specifically meant commandments

Re: Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On May 13, 2022
Ayo081:
1.You wouldn't get a satisfactory response(s) if you refer to the God who is the Father (Spiritual) of Christ.

You must be willing to accept the bolded above and not think of it as physical.
1. Now that I see how easily this could be turned into an unnecessary semantics argument, I am actually glad I resisted the urge to dive into that which you suggest there. undecided

2. Huh? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Religion And Rationality / The Liberation Mandate Is 35 – Living Faith Church Worldwide Aka Winners Chapel / See What A Pastor Was Spotted Doing To A Lady During A Deliverance Prayer(pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.