Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? (37671 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife And Her Wahala / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Ishilove: 12:48pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

The truth is.. And you know the absolute truth is... He might actually be happy. Or at least not care/habour anything against you. Countenance might be decieving.

Have you ever stopped to think of "what if he had a lot on his mind that day and his problems clouded and overwhelmed his countenance"

For me, I for one am not the person to shout and jump when something happens. You get a new car? Cool. It's just too much energy.

People are different. A good way to know this is from someone that smiles and praises you in public and still goes behind you to plan evil against you.

If it can happen from + to negative.. Then someone that has a blank attitude might actually be happy for you as well.

I learnt that from my dad.
Folks, this is why we must always be good examples for our kids. They look up to you to learn the ways of the world. If you are wise, your kids will be wise, but if you are a Marlian, your kids will be thugs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by bigcasava1(m): 12:49pm On May 10, 2022
Ur car may not be the same after he might have finish using it.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Crenzywilliams(m): 12:51pm On May 10, 2022
Guy, stop petty and do the needful, no be every mumu thing una suppose de bring come here just to catch vibes. Of e de ur mind to charge am, go ahead and do so, but reason am, he's been ur neighborh and he needs ur help, if u can't do that for him, then ask urself, will u feel good if ur neighbors do the same to u, I think it's actually best to ask him to buy u fuel to and from his distinction instead of outrightly charging him for the job.
But na ur life man and na ur motor, do wetin u like.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by chatinent: 12:51pm On May 10, 2022
What if he uses the bus to pack things and pack the bus to a place you don't know?

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Opeyemic01: 12:51pm On May 10, 2022
Don't give him free, people are wired not to appreciate free things. His initial reaction when you bought the bus matters a lot. It simply mean he's envious, you a single man buying a bus, while a married man has none. If he was actually happy, and he's not the expressive type, he would have congratulated in you in a way. As it is right now, if you must give him the bus, volunteer to drive and him buying fuel, or give him some change to assist him in looking for vehicle, while you tell him yours is booked. Don't trust the man with your bus

2 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by SURElee(f): 12:53pm On May 10, 2022
No, dont lend him. Let him go and hire bus outside. That neighbor is shady.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by MNDY(m): 12:55pm On May 10, 2022
Mom007:
Ha.
I pray they don't steal your new bus. He is not saying he wants to rent your services as the bus owner..., he is saying you should give him the bus to drive off into gods know where in... Mr man how well do you know your neighbor? These days that even a brother is not trustworthy...
I would advice against it o. even the bible says the heart of man is desperately wicked. Tell him you will carry him at a discount price to cover fuel and wear and tear but do not give anyone your bus for free. If you didn't buy a bus when you did, he would have still sorted his problem.
A friend lent a neighbor her car, he used it to bash a NEPA pole. The pole broke o... A concrete pole. So imagine the speed the slowpoke was going at... They had to replace the pole before even being allowed to carry the wreckage of the car. Till today, they have nor been able to fix the car as the engine was affected. All because they didn't say NO when they ought to.

Na this saying NO don put me inside serious problem like this. My small sibling in school had to pay school at the last minute before writing exams and there was no money on ground. Had to transfer to her the whole remaining amount in my account meant for my feeding before salary payment. I couldn't help it. She bad returned home crying throughout the week before exam and efforts to get the money elsewhere by my parents all proved abortive. Now, I'm literly starving. I don't have a dime and I've been unable to get someone to borrow from.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:56pm On May 10, 2022
I can lend him. That's me for you. But I don't expect everyone to be like me.
That not withstanding you can simply give him the charge rate for wanting to use your bus. No big deal
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by frowland(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

If you were in my shoes, would you lend him the bus to use?

Why should someone’ congratulate you for buying a car? I’d rather congratulate you for ‘selling’ a car than buying.
You only converted liquid asset into depreciating asset with risk. He did the right thing by walking away wink
Like someone advised, charge him for its use and move on.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Plugsk(m): 1:02pm On May 10, 2022
GBAM!
fulaniHERDSman:

Charge him normāl
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by SunMusk(m): 1:04pm On May 10, 2022
Give him for free but let him write an undertaking that if he spoil it he will repair it. Or u use the car to carry his load yourself. Don't go low like him. Help him.
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by thatigboman1: 1:06pm On May 10, 2022
If you were in my shoes, would you lend him the bus to use? Mba!
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by eshie(m): 1:06pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Luke 6:30
[30]Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by KingsleyCEO: 1:07pm On May 10, 2022
Help him, but don't let him drive it. Handle your wheels yourself.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by eshie(m): 1:07pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Luke 6:30,32-33
[30]Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
[32]For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
[33]And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:08pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:
Repay him with kindness, a smile and no evil intents.

It's more painful

In those days when people have heart and head to think
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by juman(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2022
What if he damage it.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by chris51(f): 1:15pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

I will not lend him
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by AFONJAPIG(m): 1:18pm On May 10, 2022
I will give him the bus.. I repay bad with kindness

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Slynation(m): 1:20pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

You can as well help him out, but make sure you drive the bus yourself to wherever he is going to and bring it back to avoid stories that touches the heart...
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by denobaba: 1:21pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

If it is not blocking for your other businesses, I suggest you lend it to him on a pro bono since you said he doesn't have money to pay. Only make sure you drive it yourself or get someone else you trust to drive it. This is only my guts feeling, it's not based on any fundamental principle.

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by writeprof(m): 1:28pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

If you must give the bus, ensure you get a driver for it please.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by olamilekan9(m): 1:29pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

It's more painful
do not try it,e go spoil ur bus for u
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by coolhumble(m): 1:30pm On May 10, 2022
Don't he will drive it recklessly and spoil a lot of things. I'm talking from experience, this was not my neighbour but my immediate elder brother.

A very huge church building for sale
@idimu Lagos
Title: C of O
Price: contact me on WhatsApp:09014012048
Land size: 2plots
50/100
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Onyi90(m): 1:32pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Hmm...but at least he should been happy for me
Don't expect much from humans. Just be original with ur life.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by dettolgel: 1:32pm On May 10, 2022
Op you charge and be the one to drive it to the place.

Don't leave your bus for him. If he is not ready to pay and let you drive it let him go and get someone else.

If you decide to do it free for him please drive the bus yourself for your own good.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by slimprinx(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2022
When you dey buy the BUS u make mistake write the neighbor name for ur receipt....OP if your neighbor is not willing to pay for the charter make him go buy him own bus or go park n charter bus...
ifex370:

It's more painful
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by obailala(m): 1:41pm On May 10, 2022
OgunkeelAllMod:
No!some are like dat! extremely envious and jealous !don't pity them o..you never jam people,one compound I once lived like that..I came there will AC omo come see wahala,I noticed I was the ONLY person with air-condition installed and most of them started beefing me.they started with unjust NEPA bill sharing,and I kept paying to their chagrin ..when the beef too much .the landlady ( wey want me to befriend one of her olosho daughter and I no gree grin) finally issued quit notice,I no even talk the idiot old hag thought I don't have money to relocate..when she saw the truck that I ordered to pack my load ,she choke! As Good liveth,I moved to a much better neighborhood..most nigerians are WICKED , gbagbe, there's nothing neighbourly or friendly about a lot of them I'm telling you mostly frienemy envious jerk!
Lol.. most people are wicked and envious, but you'd agree with me that it's not enough evidence to conclude that a neighbour hates or despises you simply because he didnt say congratulations of bus you bought.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by kokomilala(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2022
You see, in Yoruba, we call them 'awon onilara'. There's no perfect translation. Hence, I won't attempt it. They are people we could call bitter people at best. They are never happy about the progress of other people ; they don't rejoice with other people. Yet, they want part of the goodies.

2 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:55pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

what is it with you people and making issues out of nothing? This just like you buying a broom and because your neighbor didn’t say “bros congratulations on your new broom stick” you can’t lend it to him if he temporarily needs to borrow it from you. Stop being petty man. You’re not a woman and even women are not this petty.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by KingMack(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2022
Calibrator:
Reminds me of my former place of residence last year.

A neighbour of mine, his wife gave birth and he was informing other tenants in my presence and I was sat down beside him for more than 30mins while he was telling everyone, he didn't tell me nothing.

A week later, on the naming ceremony day, I locked up like I knew nothing, at the end of the day, he approached me that some of his guests can't make it home that night and as a bachelor living alone, he asked if they can spend the night in my apartment, I just looked at him and said no problem.

He never brought them over because I have these eyes that communicate louder and clearer than my mouth... One look and you know you have another thing coming.

If I am too young and inconsequential to receive news of your birth, let me be also too young to house your guests.

Rejoinder: One way or another, we somehow became close later on before I relocated when mumu landlords sold house when I haven't used three months out of my rent cheesy

Make ur choice...billz on me

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by toffyz(m): 2:19pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Boss Man
The truth is that the man isn't sad about your achievement, like someone up there as said he might be carried away by different thoughts that fateful day.

If the man dey beef you true true oga he no go come meet you sey e wan use your bus o
He will rather go outside to beg for help.
That's confirm beefing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: 11 Bad Habits Of Children Caused By Their Parents Unknowingly / Lady Forgives Her Father 27 Years After He Abandoned Her / I Need Help For My 4-Year-Old Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.