Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? (37714 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife And Her Wahala / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by becky39000(m): 11:46am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

If you were in my shoes, would you lend him the bus to use?

Charge him!! If he doesn't accept then he should get lost angry
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by West2019(m): 11:48am On May 10, 2022
Tell him your brother want.to use it and pack him load too don't even charge him . i know there type there enemy of progress .

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Acidosis(m): 11:49am On May 10, 2022
sinkhole:
I found this one funny cheesy
You want to know the condition of the bus before congratulating him, but that bus which you think does not worth it, is now what you want to borrow, for free shocked

Of course, you can't park a yellow colour rickety molue in your compound and expect people to leave what they're doing to come and congratulate you.

Congratulate you as per wetin? If the bus is strictly for business, then relate with everyone on that level.

I'm not looking down on anyone though. If I were in his shoes, I won't expect, look forward to, or accept any congratulations from anybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Jaqenhghar: 11:51am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
He doesn't have money. And he's making it sound like I should give him for free
Who said he doesnt have money? Are you his accountant?
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by maak400: 11:52am On May 10, 2022
Don't mind those telling you to repay him with kindness, your neighbor clearly doesn't want your progress. So charge him normal amount for hire, if he doesn't have money, don't give him your bus.
DarlingtonC:
Hmm...but at least he should been happy for me

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Akinh: 11:53am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

then if you lend him u don join him mad.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Akinh: 11:54am On May 10, 2022
ifex370:
Repay him with kindness, a smile and no evil intents.

It's more painful
stop been stupid ...I have a neighbour like that too...a toxic neighbour can go any length in making your life miserable .

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by OGwales(m): 11:54am On May 10, 2022
Oga use your head before somebody will come and be explaining a story that touches the heart. A word is enough for the wise
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by aminusodiq(m): 11:55am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

lend him... tell him to fuel.it and be the one to drive it

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Tomilola360: 11:55am On May 10, 2022
ifex370:
Repay him with kindness, a smile and no evil intents.

It's more painful

@op, help him only if you wish. you do not owe him anything.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by haslaw(m): 11:56am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC

Though, it can be hard but try not to repay evil with evil.
Secondly, it could be that on that same day, he was probably not himself or something else was troubling him. Another thing is that some people are not the jumping type. Some people who showed you happiness are probably not happy about your bus.

Finally, the solution to this situation is to make sure you are the one that will drive the bus to wherever he is taking his properties to. This will help you to keep an eye on your bus so as to avoid stories that touch.

You could also tell him to provide fuel money if the distance is far

2 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by LordReed(m): 11:57am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

If the bus is for commercial use then he will have to pay the rate. If it is personal use tell him he has to buy fuel for it.

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Born2Breed(f): 11:58am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Pack to where exactly? If the distance is not too far and the roads are motorable then why not.

Be the driver and don't give the keys to him.

Las las, follow your instinct.

2 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by lorhema(f): 11:59am On May 10, 2022
oluseyiforjesus:
Help him

Yes, help him. But please drive the bus yourself. So you are fully involved in caring for your property.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Ijaya123: 11:59am On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

You should have just walked away without saying anything as well.

It’s only fair.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by obailala(m): 12:00pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
Hmm...but at least he should been happy for me
Did he say he wasn't happy for you? So because he didnt start clapping and rolling on the floor with congratulatory messages, you automatically assume he's angry?

Black people and their paranoia everywhere! Always thinking everyone is against and wishing them bad.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by CrownedPhoenix: 12:02pm On May 10, 2022
Ricoteetee:
You should have told the neighbors wife you are not interested

Could you expatiate
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Banhammy717: 12:02pm On May 10, 2022
Pls help him if you can.
Forget about what he's done wrong.
Let Almighty God reward you abundantly.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by obailala(m): 12:03pm On May 10, 2022
haslaw:
DarlingtonC

Though, it can be hard but try not to repay evil with evil.
Secondly, it could be that on that same day, he was probably not himself or something else was troubling him. Another thing is that some people are not the jumping type. Some people who showed you happiness are probably not happy about your bus.

Finally, the solution to this situation is to make sure you are the one that will drive the bus to wherever he is taking his properties to. This will help you to keep an eye on your bus so as to avoid stories that touch.

You could also tell him to provide fuel money if the distance is far
What exactly is the evil the neighbour even committed?.... Not rolling on the floor and clapping for the Op with congratulatory messages because he bought a danfo bus?... Nigerians and their paranoia! 'My enemies, my enemies syndrome!'

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by OgunkeelAllMod: 12:04pm On May 10, 2022
Just bone am abeg angry...shut him out !you are not under any obligation to render help for anyone , especially a jealous, undeserving fool like that man! infact,let him pack his load with his head if he like undecided no just CARE, nigerians are mostly wicked people , religious charlatans and enemy of progress!show am vawulence if try any nonsense! Na this kind situation I dey like sef undecided I go show say I no send your Papa!..if you no buy Moto e no go pack he load angry..no give am free oo!..I assure you a person like CAN NEVER do the same for you if the table were turned!!!,Oju Anu ti fo!je ko mo!

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by sinkhole: 12:04pm On May 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Of course, you can't park a yellow colour rickety molue in your compound and expect people to leave what they're doing to come and congratulate you.

Congratulate you as per wetin? If the bus is strictly for business, then relate with everyone on that level.

I'm not looking down on anyone though. If I were in his shoes, I won't expect, look forward to, or accept any congratulations from anybody.
I agree that he doesn't need to be congratulated, but at the same time I will not expect that person who thinks the item does not disserve being congratulated on but the item can be used by all!
If I am the one who did not congratulate, because I think the item is useless, then when I need such item I will go out and look for a better one rather than come and ask for what I considered useless!
I actually believe that the guy did not congratulate OP, not because he was not happy but simply because he could be having some emotional problem troubling him at that time!

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by rhythyson: 12:05pm On May 10, 2022
dawnomike:
Ofcos I will... But I will charge him a fair rate for the logistics

Charge him what he can afford it wont change anything in you, my opinion sha.
life no balance ooo always remember that one
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by phemmyfour: 12:07pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

you have low self-esteem. What will "congratulating you" add to your size

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by AKWATGOLD1(m): 12:08pm On May 10, 2022
Tell him to pay for fuel to enable you convey his loads to his destination.
DarlingtonC:

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by haslaw(m): 12:09pm On May 10, 2022
obailala:
What exactly is the evil the neighbour even committed?.... Not rolling on the floor and clapping for the Op with congratulatory messages because he bought a danfo bus?... Nigerians and their paranoia! 'My enemies, my enemies syndrome!'

Take it easy. We no dey fight. I am also not the kind of person who jumps upandan at every good news I hear. Besides, the nicest guy at my work place is a quiet person.

The OP is probably hurt about the lack of congratulations. Even if you were not rolling on the floor, a simple word of congratulations would have saved a lot of troubles.

2 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by hakeem4(m): 12:10pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
He doesn't have money. And he's making it sound like I should give him for free
charge him bro; do not do anything for free you are not a NGO
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by LillyandDaisy: 12:12pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

The truth is.. And you know the absolute truth is... He might actually be happy. Or at least not care/habour anything against you. Countenance might be decieving.

Have you ever stopped to think of "what if he had a lot on his mind that day and his problems clouded and overwhelmed his countenance"

For me, I for one am not the person to shout and jump when something happens. You get a new car? Cool. It's just too much energy.

People are different. A good way to know this is from someone that smiles and praises you in public and still goes behind you to plan evil against you.

If it can happen from + to negative.. Then someone that has a blank attitude might actually be happy for you as well.

I learnt that from my dad.
Fact!!!!
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Kpengla(m): 12:13pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

So long as you're the one driving on the trip

And you should bill him too...
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by toprealman: 12:13pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Don't get low to their level......pepper them with goodness and mercy!

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by uBuNiT: 12:13pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Go and pack that load for him.
For God can only forgive you the way you forgive others. It is a simple sacrifice. See, FOR YOUR OWN GOOD, do it free without collecting anything for fuel.

I no dey go church but I dey suprise God. That s why Baba always reciprocate with open doors
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Bahamas95(m): 12:13pm On May 10, 2022
Don't make that mistake, he should go and look for another vehicle.

That's a risky venture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / . / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.