Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? (37705 Views)

My Neighbour's Wife And Her Wahala / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / The Snake In My Neighbour's House!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:20pm On May 10, 2022
When I used my dad's friend's bus to move some items, I paid him in full even though he refused.
Me I don't like any form of emotional indebtedness.
Let your neighbor pay abeg. People tend to forget a gesture when it's done for free but will remember the smallest payment they made.
Nothing is free

3 Likes

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Qatar2022: 2:31pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

If you were in my shoes, would you lend him the bus to use?
Don't lend him that bus just charge him normal price
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Arielle: 2:58pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

The truth is.. And you know the absolute truth is... He might actually be happy. Or at least not care/habour anything against you. Countenance might be decieving.

Have you ever stopped to think of "what if he had a lot on his mind that day and his problems clouded and overwhelmed his countenance"

For me, I for one am not the person to shout and jump when something happens. You get a new car? Cool. It's just too much energy.

People are different. A good way to know this is from someone that smiles and praises you in public and still goes behind you to plan evil against you.

If it can happen from + to negative.. Then someone that has a blank attitude might actually be happy for you as well.

I learnt that from my dad.
Great lesson. Your Dad is a wise man.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by lagosrd: 3:03pm On May 10, 2022
Ask him if the loads he wants to pack are his and if he answers yes , pls walk away. ����

1 Like

Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Comedian2019: 3:03pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
He doesn't have money. And he's making it sound like I should give him for free
Don't give.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by cavreek: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
Pls do
The good that people do will always locate them. However, he should handle the fuel
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by brightest5050: 3:11pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

The truth is.. And you know the absolute truth is... He might actually be happy. Or at least not care/habour anything against you. Countenance might be decieving.

Have you ever stopped to think of "what if he had a lot on his mind that day and his problems clouded and overwhelmed his countenance"

For me, I for one am not the person to shout and jump when something happens. You get a new car? Cool. It's just too much energy.

People are different. A good way to know this is from someone that smiles and praises you in public and still goes behind you to plan evil against you.

If it can happen from + to negative.. Then someone that has a blank attitude might actually be happy for you as well.

Flesh and blood didn't reveal that to your dad. Your dad is a wise man.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Toks2008(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:
So I have this married neighbour. When I bought my bus, he didn't congratulate me. He just asked me if the bus is mine, and I said yes, and he just walked away.

Now he wants me to lend him the bus to use and pack some of his belongings out of the compound.

Rent it out to him.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Toks2008(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

At least he for congratulate am nah! Just in word "Congrats"

The neighbor no get joy abeg
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by FireUpNow(m): 3:26pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Don't give the bus to him but you can assist him in parking the things he wants to move out and drive the bus yourself.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by dontrulee: 3:40pm On May 10, 2022
Help him, you might need his help another time.
We never can tell.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by iRepNaija1: 3:40pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

OP, it's almost as if you don't want to lend it to him because he didn't congratulate you. But he's just a neighbor, not a family member, and certainly not a friend. So why is the acknowledgment so important to you? If anything, it should give you a clear indication of how he views you.

As to your question, I would not rent to him at all, especially if you're not familiar with the way he drives or the way he handles vehicles. What if he damages the bus and the expenses to repair are higher than what he paid to loan it from you?
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by snoopz: 3:48pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

Congratulations won't remove 1 sec from your life
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 10, 2022
Don't give him jack.. You owe him nothing.. People like that can have evil intentions.. Don't throw your hard earned money away...
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by samkkonline: 3:51pm On May 10, 2022
Insist on charging him by telling him what it will cost him before he starts moving his loads to the bus...
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by EzePaschal(m): 3:55pm On May 10, 2022
fulaniHERDSman:

Charge him normāl

Charge him
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Rappervisual: 3:55pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

True talk
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Olam09(m): 4:21pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

I go laugh am come borrow am.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by walozanga(m): 4:33pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

Your father taught you well. Keep it up
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Connected1: 4:37pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

You just described me.

I am not verbally expressive, whatever achievements I make, I don't make a fuss about it.

Some Persons even come out to tell me that they thought I hated them until I helped them.

I smile most times but I don't talk too much or feel over excited.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by imagrg(m): 4:45pm On May 10, 2022
Forgive him and help him out if you cab please.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Nasa28(m): 4:46pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

Thank you. You spoke awesomely well.

There is absolutely nothing to add.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 10, 2022
You bought the bus and the bus ain't for free dude, it's for business..he did what he did!, you felt how you felt! and it is what it is!.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Popesuccess(m): 4:56pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Which one Is `lend me your bus`? Didn't you buy the bus for business? Pack the Load for him and he pay you for it. Congratulation Is irrelevant in this case.
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by InoGetJoy: 4:57pm On May 10, 2022
ifex370:

Your dad is one of the people who would've made Nigeria a great Country if given the chance.
Kudos to him
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by ghettochild(m): 4:59pm On May 10, 2022
My brother, abeg no borrow am ooo.. unto say him no even get money.. abeg tell am say you wan use go work that day or sm1 has booked it for a week.. make him no vex
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by capnies: 5:14pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

SHOW HIM YOUR BIGGER THAN HIM BY PACKING HIS THINGS FOR HIM WITHOUT TAKING A KOBO FROM HIM.
THAT IS THE BIGGEST STRENGTH
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Iseoluwani: 5:25pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

No...
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Iseoluwani: 5:25pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

Choke
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Munanonye(f): 5:27pm On May 10, 2022
Pay him kindness... You. Will regret it
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by Iseoluwani: 5:28pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

At the end, remember to tell us if you gave him or not and the reaction(s)
Re: See What My Neighbour Did, What Would You Do If It Was You? by ultimateprof: 5:54pm On May 10, 2022
DarlingtonC:

If I'm in your shoes, I will go ahead and help him because God will keep on blessing a giver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Did This Ever Happen To You As A Kid? / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / My Wife Nags Anytime Am Broke, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.