Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,675 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? (32917 Views)

My First Time Seeing GSD Mixed With Nigerian Local Dogs / Where Can I Get Nigerian Local Dog Puppies In Lagos?[suggestions Needed] / Five Reasons You Should Own A Nigerian Local Dog ''ekuke'' Over Foreign Breeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by hope4nigeria(m): 6:34am On May 12, 2022
VPN11:

So Cute

Whats your cute dogs name ? If you dont mind .
I named her NIKITA.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by VPN11(m): 6:36am On May 12, 2022
hope4nigeria:
I named her NIKITA.
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by nkemoma(m): 6:37am On May 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
I don't like dogs generally as a Muslim.

Satan, Islamabad..

Always remember that

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by chatinent: 6:38am On May 12, 2022
I think I should consider buying one and treating it right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Freerhyme1(m): 6:38am On May 12, 2022
Because they're EKE-UKE cheesy grin grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Jackanda1(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2022
When it comes to appearance, i give it foreign dogs.
This is why people prefer them. Nobody wants to keep a pet that is ugly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:39am On May 12, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
jendhorlee:

If people takes care of them like you take care of foreign dogs, you wouldn't say all these about them

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Havertz10: 6:39am On May 12, 2022
I expected to see pictures of healthy or well trained local dogs by commenters but no one has posted, even the OP doesn’t have a picture of the dog that he attended to

Fact remains that because they are skinny and cowardly aggressive, nobody will take them serious, no matter how hard you try to spin it, as for those that are implying that it’s treatment is as a result of colonial vestige, the less said about that the better
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 6:39am On May 12, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

You remember how Muhammad the scared coward of black dogs raped Safiyyah?
Yeah, i only remember how your mum was raped by his boyfriend to birth you and your other siblings!
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Jackanda1(m): 6:41am On May 12, 2022
Mineisgrace:

Ekuke are very intelligent. Even if you don't train them
They're very hard to train.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 6:42am On May 12, 2022
RussellRutherfo:

Muhammad was the black dog who hated the Jews and Christians.

You remember?

Muhammad was still greater than your dad and his generations though!

Your generations has only been known to spread hatred and bigotry!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by KingMack(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2022
Only legends will understand the relationship between EKU-KE and this below (pics)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by VPN11(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2022
Bonaventura:

I saw what you did there. Bob Marley is the greatest

My guy .
41 years without the legendary Bob Marley. The musician sadly left us back in May 11, 1981 at the age of 36.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:42am On May 12, 2022
smiley smiley
IamMobisola:
Ekuke or not, I love dogs in general. They are so cute and lovable.
We have a GSD though, that one don turn human being for this house. You hit him, he hits you back grin grin
Always forcing his way inside the house and he has his spot on a couch cheesy
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 6:43am On May 12, 2022
nkemoma:

Satan, Islamabad..

Always remember that

Is Satan your name and why should I remember your name?
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Pussyassniggar(f): 6:44am On May 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
you like cats?
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Bizman2022: 6:45am On May 12, 2022
The reason is that people don’t take care of their local dog the way they do to the foreign dogs. I have both local dog and German Shepard, I want to sell one of the dog now, but my family prefer the local dog, so the German Shepard is for sell.

My ekueke was well taken care of, so it look healthy and neat.

So if you are interested in the German Shepard, you can quote me. Location is Benin city.

First picture is my ekueke.

Second is my German Shepard for sell.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by AntiChristian: 6:45am On May 12, 2022
Pussyassniggar:
you like cats?

Fairly but not much!

Can't raise any though!
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Femi8586(m): 6:46am On May 12, 2022
AntiChristian:

Even dogs too don't like you

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:46am On May 12, 2022
Love beautifies animals, same thing it does to people.. I believe foreign dogs are more beautiful because they are treated better.
Jackanda1:
When it comes to appearance, i give it foreign dogs.

This is why people prefer them. Nobody wants to keep a pet that is ugly.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by KingMack(m): 6:46am On May 12, 2022
qeemus:
Lol.

Dem be real players...Dem know how to get kpekus at ease grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by LordVarys1: 6:47am On May 12, 2022
Even a local dog admires foreign breeds, no deceive yourself. Our dogs are very useless, when they bark self, you could feel the hunger in their voice. Just carry small stone like this, Dem Don tear race. Armed robbers came to my neighbors house, the dogs all ran away to hide and later came out to bark at neighbors that came to sympathise with them. Useless dogs.

A rot will fight till the death. If I see a local dog in any house I don't get scared, I walk up to the gate or door to knock. But if I see a foreign breeds omo, Dem no born me well to near the gate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Yemlizzy(f): 6:48am On May 12, 2022
ABG2222:
They look malnourished and lack confidence. Just one stone and they're gone.

Even if you feed them , they always like skinny
Lol not true. when you feed them well, it shows on their body. Mine is an example, people usually ask what we give her to eat, she is fresh, chubby and adorable.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by favour32(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2022
One ekuke wey dey the part to my house, never bark one day for years but the foreign dog, a house apart, na terror.
Any sound at anytime, even if e nor see the person, na bark seriously.
That ekuku go just pose dey bid everyone going and coming bye bye or welcome.
Nai make dem give am Siddon look.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by VPN11(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2022
KingMack:
Only legends will understand the relationship between EKU-KE and this below (pics)

E choke grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by webizone(m): 6:49am On May 12, 2022
The first time I saw one eat shit I almost vomited. Well, I thought it was only that dog, thinking maybe it was crazy or something, but now people don confirm am. Secondly I had one who was very thick as a puppy, so maybe the skinniness is just poor feeding?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by fortunejum: 6:50am On May 12, 2022
Daguga:
grin you mean Those bingos that just eat left over stuffs from dump sites?
My local dog does not have access to dump sites talkless of eating left over. There are very healthy and well feed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Blakpot: 6:52am On May 12, 2022
OP greyhound is no Ekuke abeg.
They might look similar but they are different breeds.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Kentuforchrist(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2022
They are generally funny grin

But I can’t just forget them after buying a rott and German am gonna get at least two Ekuke nd feed it properly grin
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by SeriouslySense(m): 6:52am On May 12, 2022
I just remember my dogs, i even dreamed about one, when i left it for a long time, i was worried it would be treated poorly or killed, so i dreamt many dreams about the dog i left. I played games with my dogs, hide and seek, and running, and it follows me when i go out, and it was a fierce guard too. At home we give our dog good food, they deserve it, they bring smile to your face, since they are always happy to see you, and they can make funny sounds like talking.

larryking540:
I once bought a bingo for 2000naira ,I went in YouTube to research how to command a dog ,from basics command to advance commamds for dog ,went to the market to buy fish waste ,cow meat waste ,fowl feed waste ,the size this dog turned out was so magnificent,I tamed the dog such that you can't play with it ,we never had any kid around my home so It was literally a guard dog I was making...he sleeps in my room at day time and when it's 12pm he goes out and sit close to our enterance door ,what a sweet dog ,you can't press our door bell , because that's where I place his food and at the back gate ,so he hears any sound coming from the back side ,he runs to check who goes there , because I have programmed her brain to think any sound from the back gate means there is food waiting,same goes to the front enterance gate,when the dog was 5months ,I take her for a walk round the end to end of my compound,I did this to tell her this is your territory and don't allow intruder,at every walk I give the dog a cookie dog food or some times I buy pop corn and gift her to make her happy,...last time I check my dad told me she has given birth and still very active,most people where already booking for her puppies.

less I forget,she always wants to stay outside the house to guard when it's sun set , infact she behaves like human ,she sits in the kitchen even if a piece of meat falls she doesn't eat it till you give her go ahead..
Re: Why Do People Hate Nigerian Local Dogs? by Coldie(m): 6:56am On May 12, 2022
OlujobaSamuel:

There are stray dogs in some countries and they also eat from bins, so it's not a peculiar case.
I have an uncle that is an hunter, his dogs are always home and he feeds them well. You dare not use stone to threatened them, if not you are looking for their problem.
I believed it's all about perception.
Yeah but in my context it’s about eating shit that many people are saying here.

All dogs eat shit, your uncles local dogs might have the ginger to bark at someone based on their experiences, but generally local dogs are not built for attack or any form of defense, just as majority of other dogs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Residents Kill Dog That Killed 50 Goats & Sheep In Kenya (Photos) / Jungle Justice On A Pet Python: Man Inspired By Pretty Mike Acquires N23k Python / Lady Offers N50,000 To Anyone Who Finds Her Dog, Reveals Identity Of Thief

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.