Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo (18796 Views)

Kogi Guber: Dino Melaye Shouldn’t Forgive Wike For Demarketing Him / You Are Demarketing Obi - Datti / Garba Shehu’s ‘Attack’ On Adeboye Was To Rebuke Osinbajo - By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Yibo(m): 3:50am On May 12, 2022
Ndi Igbo. We know how to jinx a good thing. Perhaps, it is our seeming indomitability, boisterousness and Thanos-will that seduce us to think everyone must believe in what we believe in and must act and think in consonance with our disposition. Anyone who does not support us or share in our sentiments is an enemy deserving the guillotine. How did we evolve illiberally?

We were not always this philistine, intolerant, angry, minatory and hateful. Our fathers were peaceful people who lived through a brutal war, yet held out a hand of brotherhood to other Nigerians. Some have lived and died in the north and in other parts of Nigeria outside the south-east since the civil war. They were accommodating of divergent views, temperate in utterance, graceful and measured in actions.

The Igbo young today, particularly those who take up residence on social media, are quick-tempered, oafish and ready to maul anyone who holds a plural view. They are unthinking, rash and uncritical. It must be their way or the highway to hell. What a retrogressive evolutionary trajectory! How did a critical mass of the Igbo young become so narrow-minded and uncultivated?

Maybe these ones do not know that to be Igbo is to be liberal; it is to be egalitarian; it is to be expansive; it is to be accommodating of all views and people; it is to be critical and circumspect, questioning everything and believing nothing until there is proof. And most importantly, to be Igbo is to not deify any earthling or make any human a god.

Since Peter Obi, former Anambra governor, declared his intention to run for president, a horde of internet contagion has been attacking anyone who does not show support for him. His supporters have been the most intemperate. Wielding virtual cudgels, they bludgeon anyone who refuses to acknowledge Peter Obi as a better presidential candidate. They empty their bowels of invective, hate and threats against anyone who points out the obvious political weaknesses of the former Anambra governor.

Peter Obi’s political network is abysmally limited. As I have always said, he is the creation of an internet fad and does not matter to the hoi polloi. But he is a decent man with the potential of a progressive president. If only wishes were horses, Peter Obi would ride them to the presidency. Sadly, they are not.

Only Igbo votes cannot make Peter Obi president. He needs first the votes of PDP delegates from across the states. And if by some twist of kismet, he becomes the PDP presidential candidate, he needs the votes of all Nigerians, particularly the north. His supporters are perhaps too self-absorbed or utterly ignorant to understand that belching ethnic slurs against other Nigerians on the internet because they are not so taken in by him is actually demarketing his candidature.

This is not how to win popular support in a country like Nigeria with a very diverse population. Instead of pulling moderates and the undecided to the umbrella of Peter Obi, his supporters are setting them apart and even turning the minds of those who are sympathetic to Obi’s candidature.

Who would want a Peter Obi presidency where his supporters are rabid, caustic, bigoted and hateful? It is becoming obvious that some of Peter Obi’s supporters may be from the same gene-pool as those who promoted south-east secession. It is the same non-strategy – hate, anger and more hate.

Peter Obi’s supporters may think they are aggressively promoting him, but they have only succeeded in reducing him to an ethnic champion. How unpropitious that a good product should be so jinxed.

It appears the south-east is in dire need of a messiah; so, any person that fate throws up is summarily crowned as a lodestar to lead the Igbo out of eight years of wandering. But we must realise that we are the messiah we seek. It is our collective action that matters.

Peter Obi is a gentleman, peace-loving, soft-spoken, refined, expansive and cerebral. I know he will not support the hate his supporters trade on social media. In fact, what his supporters do is antithetical to what he stands for. I think it is wise he addresses the mobilisers of his campaign on social media to put some decorum and decency to their crusade for him. He needs Nigerians to be president.

By Fredrick Nwabufo; Nwabufo aka Mr OneNigeria is a writer and journalist.

https://www.thecable.ng/peter-obis-supporters-are-demarketing-him/amp?fbclid=IwAR1CkHxqiCsvdKf9t3DqFfILbSNwzrKSEU02pHrs4MDmiLPoOTrEUeuzWBA

66 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Nobody: 3:58am On May 12, 2022
I forgive them sha. They almost turned me off the candidate however Peter Obi remains the one eyed man in the country of the blind. Though I am not for One Nigeria, Peter Obi still has my sympathy. Since no one can save Nigeria, we might as well give it to an Igbo. He cannot do worse.

131 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Mooh247: 3:58am On May 12, 2022
cool

All I know is you can't plant Cocoyam and want to harvest Apple

The last time Olusegun Obasanjo a Yoruba man helped Jonathan an Ogbia man from the creeks to power and Ibos hijacked the Government, below is 2011 thread that shows what they truly think of us Yoruba

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

Their grandfathers hated Awolowo for no reason, their fathers hated Abiola for no reason , now it's Tinubu's turn to be hated

They are trying to decieve gullible Nigerians with Peter Obi a fruad that couldn't develop Anambra and we are here to checkmate every single lies they told using verified reports and statistics

Everyone can access Anambras GDP growth rate, their Infrastructural deficit and his below average performance

133 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by SwissMass: 4:00am On May 12, 2022
They think online votes can make Pandora Peter Obi president,

136 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Yibo(m): 4:11am On May 12, 2022
they are coming to abuse Nwabufo Nwabufo too

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Tonypens48(m): 4:32am On May 12, 2022
Joy cometh in the morning.... Let's just do our best and leave the rest for the possible out. One believe I always have is, if the country is good, we all will enjoy it, and if it is bad, the same fate awaits us.

The decision lies in our hands.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Olawumi1032(f): 4:47am On May 12, 2022
Really
Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by shox(m): 4:48am On May 12, 2022
PDP should just give po the presidential ticket and damn the consequences.

I strongly believe in the guy

26 Likes

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by seunfly: 4:49am On May 12, 2022
Instead of simply campaigning for their candidates, they spills hates on other ethnic groups, insult others and condemned others as if Peter, his supporters and his ethnic group alone can vote him to become president.

You need to rally others around your candidates, u need to build bridges and u need to market him properly to others.

I was in a bus in suleja on Monday and one guy kept insulting every other political aspirants, he even insulted suleja local government chairman and senator representing Niger east senatorial district. In the end he started praising Peter Obi as the only Saint in Nigeria, if that was true why is he not in Anambra hustling instead he chose to hustle in a state with bad leaders.

How foolish can someone be, u are living in somebody's town, condemned their leaders and praised your own yet he expected them to accept him with that silly tactics.

136 Likes 21 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by SEGLIZ: 4:49am On May 12, 2022
abeg tell them o.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by satandeterrible: 4:49am On May 12, 2022
Peter Obi 2023.
No going back.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:51am On May 12, 2022
Like obi supporters, like ipob supporters....very annoying and violent undecided

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by driand(m): 4:52am On May 12, 2022

Mooh247:
cool

The last time Olusegun Obasanjo a Yoruba man helped Jonathan an Ogbia man from the creeks to power and Ibos hijacked the Government, bellow is 2011 thread that shows what they truly think of us Yoruba

Their grandfathers hated Awolowo for no reason, their fathers hated Abiola for no reason , now it's Tinubu's turn to be hated

They are trying to decieve gullible Nigerians with Peter Obi a fruad that couldn't develop Anambra and we are here to checkmate every single lies they told using verified reports and statistics

Everyone can access Anambras GDP growth rate, their Infrastructural deficit

our grandfathers hated Awolowo for obvious reasons, but no one hated Abiola or Tinubu, Tinubu would have been my choice of president 4 or 8 years ago, now he's old and tired, we can't deny that...

Show be another candidate better than obi and I'll support, and he doesn't necessarily has to be igbo...

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Hisxellency: 4:52am On May 12, 2022
Funny Article

Peter Obi 2023

27 Likes

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by DreamersVille24(m): 4:54am On May 12, 2022
When any fool wants to trend all they need to do is write a piece about Igbos and voila, the internet hordes swarm in like flies on a corpse.

This is another of such senseless pieces.

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Dshocker(m): 4:56am On May 12, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

The last time Olusegun Obasanjo a Yoruba man helped Jonathan an Ogbia man from the creeks to power and Ibos hijacked the Government, bellow is 2011 thread that shows what they truly think of us Yoruba

Everyone can access Anambras GDP growth rate, their Infrastructural deficit

If you don't something tangible to say,just rest abeg

26 Likes

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by ENGINEERG(m): 4:57am On May 12, 2022
Igbo don't want to be part of Nigeria again, and alot of them dont want election again, but still a lot of them want to be the president of Nigeria again by election.
Wbat do they actually want now ?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Mooh247: 4:58am On May 12, 2022
Dshocker:

If you don't something tangible to say,just rest abeg

How is it your business are you the owner of Nairaland or I don't have freedom of speech because you are but hurt

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Kingspin(m): 4:59am On May 12, 2022
Obi gets support from Home, but they still complain they are not united. First of all, let's have a free and fair primary and then general elections.

Who then even supported Buhari's candidacy?
From a layman's understanding of Nigeria, one needs consensus among party leaders, govs, shareholders and followers before he/she could think of gaining a victory in the presidential election.

This was how OBJ became president, the same with Musa Yar'adua even Buhari.
If Obi is given the same support he will win.
Outside this, any other thing is a distraction.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Dshocker(m): 5:03am On May 12, 2022
Mooh247:

How is it your business are you the owner of Nairaland or I don't have freedom of speech because you are but hurt

Rest naaa

6 Likes

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Mooh247: 5:04am On May 12, 2022
Dshocker:

Rest naaa

My comment pain you Abi

Get used to it

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by chukwuibuipob: 5:05am On May 12, 2022
coolThefacelessman,whereby dey since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Dshocker(m): 5:07am On May 12, 2022
Mooh247:

My comment pain you Abi

Get used to it

Your generation will keep suffering,unless you do the right thing...

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:07am On May 12, 2022
Everyone keeps saying this but the people don’t want to hear.

You are stepping on every bodies toes, trying to forcefully shove something down our throats and insulting us for asking questions like what did he builtd for Anambra in all his 8 years as governor?

Why is Anambra not a heavenly place now?

Why does Anambra owe over 60billion Naira with nothing to show for it?

Why did Obi have a tax haven with lots of hidden money stashed away?

And many more. Once you ask any of these they will insult you into submission. They won’t even address the question the next thing you’ll here is Folani slave or something similar smh

Obi wants to rule Nigeria after failing in Anambra it’s not fair na

Some one tagged me and said something so here is a reply to that person.
THE FIRST PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA WAS Dr. NNAMDI AZIKIWE HE RULED FROM 1963 to 1966

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Mooh247: 5:08am On May 12, 2022
Dshocker:

Your generation will keep suffering,unless you do the right thing...

Alhamdulilai

Non of my Generation suffers... We have trained lawyers, doctors and dual citizens

So speak for yourself

It's not by force to vote Peter Obi and you can't blackmail anybody

Jagaban all day everyday

Your hate won't win Election so try love instead

PS: what you wish for my Generation over politics is yours and that of your Generation insha Allah

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by posty56: 5:09am On May 12, 2022
if una like ,may una no voter sensible leader,the buhari that has the backing of North ,how did he fair in the last 8 years , woefully, Nigerians like opressors so I am not surprised

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by nick50(m): 5:11am On May 12, 2022
They should show us the picture of this fredrick nwabufo aka Mr one Nigeria I think auto pilots want to see him

6 Likes

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by YorubaIsGreat(m): 5:18am On May 12, 2022
Peter pandora him tu lie that can't win pdp primary but sha na yeebow jews miscreants dey support him

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by JavaScript90: 5:21am On May 12, 2022
This article is pure trash. The owner is simply begging Nigerians to give paid tinubu Media urchins the opportunity to deceive Nigerians with their lies like they did in 2015 so as to repackage another collosal failure and impose on Nigerians in 2023.

It will NOT happen! Mr Frederick, enjoy your brown envelope in peace

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by Daddyyin: 5:21am On May 12, 2022
JavaScript90:
This article is pure trash. The owner is simply begging Nigerians to give paid tinubu Media urchins the opportunity to deceive Nigerians with their lies like they did in 2015 so as to repackage another collosal failure and impose on Nigerians in 2023.

It will NOT happen! Mr Frederick, enjoy your brown envelope in peace

This is exactly what we are talking about. Any contrary opinions must attract insults from them. Well, let’s see what you will benefit from your hate preaching

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by HBB1(m): 5:22am On May 12, 2022
seunfly:
Instead of simply campaigning for their candidates, they spills hates on other ethnic groups, insult others and condemned others as if Peter, his supporters and his ethnic group alone can vote him to become president.

You need to rally others around your candidates, u need to build bridges and u need to market him properly to others.

I was in a bus in suleja on Monday and one guy kept insulting every other political aspirants, he even insulted suleja local government chairman and senator representing Niger east senatorial district. In the end he started praising Peter Obi as the only Saint in Nigeria.

How foolish can someone be, u are living in somebody's town, condemned their leaders and praised your own yet he expected them to accept him with that silly tactics.

How dare you insult the most intelligent tribe in Africa?
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Peter Obi’s Supporters Are Demarketing Him'' by Fredrick Nwabufo by bigdammyj: 5:23am On May 12, 2022
Noted

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lawan: Additional N900 Billion Approved To Tackle Insecurity Is Not Enough / INEC asks IGP to prosecute Adamawa REC, Hudu Ari; to resume collation of results / President Muhammadu Buhari's Statement At The Coronation Of King Charles III

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.