Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1957) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5452795 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 6:21pm On Aug 14, 2019
Trustmeall:

No. TSTv is still on 42°e with Nigcomsat
Wrong.

TSTV is presently on AzerSpace 2/Intelsat 38 at 45.0°E
While NigComSat 1R is at 42.5°E

They're within proximity but 2.5° apart

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 6:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
Mfunkynation:
pls will crtv sport show Wednesday super cup - Liverpool v Chelsea? or any FTA that will show?
If you're fortunate to have this channel on 9e, you'll watch Live.

They're about to open the studio for live broadcast

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by meekmill(m): 6:29pm On Aug 14, 2019
davodyguy:
Attached to this post is a message from MD/CEO of TSTV Mr Bright, clarifying the reason why they can't air EPL live on Satellite.

Its simple and I already did the breakdown earlier which I'll rephrase again
1. DSTV is the sole right owner of EPL, La Liga, Serie A and UCL on any satellite platform as well as IPTV in South Africa and Sub Sahara countries (South, East and West Africa, except North Africa)
2. Star times own same right for Europa League, Bundesliga, French league, Chinese Super league, Belgian Pro league, Dutch Eredivise, Euro 2020, FIBA world cup, European Nations League and all European qualifiers and friendlies
3. TSTV own the right to DFB Pokal(German Cup) and 1 weekly live EPL match on Satellite

None of these paytv operators are allowed to go beyond their limits, else it becomes an infringement.

Those craving for top quality matches have the following options

1. Subscribe for all of Star times, DSTV and TSTV
2. Get a very big dish to pick Hispasat, Astra 19e, 9e (for Cosmote sports) Hotbird and Nilesat. Caveat, none other satellites operate on FTA. Those watching it are doing something, I can't mention here
3. IPTV. Note you need data and strong 4g network
4. Get combined FTA satellites like 5e, 9e, 16e, 28e, 45e, 42e 26e. Caveat FTA has limited rights. For instance during UCL matches DSTV can offer live all 8 games, like Star times can show 10 different matches of Europa league, FTA channels can't air more than 1 or two matches. For example CRTV sport may pick on Arsenal vs Liverpool, but DSTV or IPTV that has more than one sport channel can offer you additional 5 matches.

Choice is yours
I have startimes and it usless , any cheat on it
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by michealblakky: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2019
Please who has the software opening Rwanda TV that is CCTV 5 in eutelsat 5e startimes position as someone posted in a group that he is using a software to make it work and it showed man united VS Chelsea and also Liverpool VS Chelsea super cup today.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by lamtam: 12:14am On Aug 15, 2019
michealblakky:
Please who has the software opening Rwanda TV that is CCTV 5 in eutelsat 5e startimes position as someone posted in a group that he is using a software to make it work and it showed man united VS Chelsea and also Liverpool VS Chelsea super cup today.
no software open it, it just fta that day
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by mosescollon: 8:01am On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:

I'm not sure you read my post comprehensively.

If you did, you wouldn't have missed out the part I wrote

Similarly, most of all these services comes under Premium, meaning you can't get everything for free. DSTV has EPL, La Liga and Serie A.
Startimes has French and bundesliga as well as Dutch Eredivise and Belgian Pro league via Fox Sport Africa.

I'm not sure all these premium can be available on FTA. Hence, there's no way you wouldn't want to supplement FTA with a cheap premium alternative.

With my DSTV and Startimes, there are 6 other FTA satellites I'm connected to. Every option ha e their pros and cons

Moreso, don't say bundesliga is a poor league ever.
That you love EPL or any other league apart from Bundesliga doesn't mean everyone care about other league.

I don't watch EPL for anything.

Ending of this August, I'll be traveling to Auckland, New Zealand for 3 days meeting and out of all the Airlines like South Africa Airways, Ethiopian Airline etc that offer cheap flights, I bought an Emirates Airline Ticket, which is almost *2. The reason I did that is because of Bundesliga.

Inside Emirates, they provide Live TV for all passengers. Sport24 is available live throughout the flight and you know Sport24 shows the bundesliga live on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

By your word of 'poor league' Flying Emirates cost ₦1,500,000. After paying such an amount, do you think they would offer poor league to passengers that paid such a huge amount?

The answer is NO.

Please don't say Bundesliga is a poor league.
It is the only league on Planet Earth that have the largest stadium attendance season in season out. EPL, La Liga, Serie A all come behind the bundesliga when it comes to passion by fans and Germany has won the world cup 4 times, compared to England's single win in 1966

Bundesliga is under dog to Premier league in times of fans. premier league has many fans across the world. why television buy EPL on billion? because their know it has fans. Bundesliga has fans at Germany. about Sport24, this Channel never showing bundesliga match when there is EPL. and now, you can conclude.

If you want to watch Bundesliga, get 8W there is a feed of it. this is 3 years of it. but tell me about EPL free Channel!

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 9:53am On Aug 15, 2019
mosescollon:

If you want to watch Bundesliga, get 8W there is a feed of it. this is 3 years of it. but tell me about EPL free Channel!
Your above conclusion is wrong
Mind you that the bundesliga is startimes channels
Nigerians like EPL in that,they can hardly get it for free in the region in satellite coverage..even feeds will be a problem because of Rights
There are EPL and bundesliga feeds on asiasat 5 East receivable in Asia and Australia @ Asiasat 5@100.5east more Epl feeds @ 7east. And you must have a heavy duty dish for it.
There must be a feed for live broadcast of any event, that you are not receiving it, does not mean that it is not here or there.
Asians love bundesliga than EPL,because there is more Asian players in bundesliga than Epl but this did not stop the feeds to be on the satellite coverage in Asia.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:38am On Aug 15, 2019
Predator188:

Your above conclusion is wrong
Mind you that the bundesliga is startimes channels
Nigerians like EPL in that,they can hardly get it for free in the region in satellite coverage..even feeds will be a problem because of Rights
There are EPL and bundesliga feeds on asiasat 5 East receivable in Asia and Australia @ Asiasat 5@100.5east more Epl feeds @ 7east. And you must have a heavy duty dish for it.
There must be a feed for live broadcast of any event, that you are not receiving it, does not mean that it is not here or there.
Asians love bundesliga than EPL,because there is more Asian players in bundesliga than Epl but this did not stop the feeds to be on the satellite coverage in Asia.

Thanks for stopping by

I just don't want to argue with these guys, cause it's like beating a dead horse to move.

Nigerians love EPL due to the effect of Kanu, JJ Okocha, Obafemi Martins etc that played in England.

When Kanu and George Finidi were in Ajax and won the UCL in 1995, many Nigerians started supporting Ajax and in those days Rashidi Yekini played for Victoria Setubal, Mutiu Adepoju was in Spain and Okocha played in Eintracht Frankfurt. Many Nigerians were limited to Football Made in Germany between 1993 to 1998 when NTA gets their feed from Transtel of Germany. DSTV was not even existing or popular at all. We were watching ABG with those very big dishes in the 90s, and limited to Cable Tel from Disc Engineering receiving signal from Yagi antenna.

All of a sudden, TV Africa came in 1997 and started broadcasting EPL, later in 1998 DSTV gained ground with EPL. By then JJ Okocha had moved to England, Kanu also left Inter Milan for Arsenal, leading to these crazy love for EPL.

Nigerians think they are the only ones in the world and when they love something fanatically, it is the same elsewhere.

DSTV gets EPL through feeds, as the contents they show are not theirs. The satellite they use, no one knows.
DSTV gets La Liga also through SKY Sports feed. The satellite they use, no one knows.
DSTV gets Serie A through feed as well. The satellite they use, no one knows.

That Startimes is getting bundesliga through feed is nothing new. Startimes is from China and they broadcast Bundesliga to South Africa, West Africa and East Africa. The Bundesliga rights provider need to supply Startimes a feed or feed channels close to the region they are broadcasting from, which is why 8 degrees west was selected as it is within reach for Startimes

I just don't want to engage in Frivolous argument cos many people view things from their perspective and then generalize

DSTV is based in South Africa and not in England, hence all EPL contents are delivered to them through a feed. The feed is coded cos of TV rights and the way England football is

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 11:23am On Aug 15, 2019
Good morning all. Is Nigcomsat on? Mine's been blank!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 12:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
routsz:
Good morning all. Is Nigcomsat on? Mine's been blank!
Check your set up. It's always been active. Just checked now in the office, all channels active
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by michealblakky: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2019
lamtam:

no software open it, it just fta that day

Who said is fta. Stop arguing. Am trying to watch it there yesterday is is scrambled and my guy own is showing as at the time Liverpool and Chelsea is playing super cup. If u have urs as fta why not post it? Than argue.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:

Check your set up. It's always been active. Just checked now in the office, all channels active

Thank you Davodyguy. Kindly help also. Btw 5e C Band & 9e Ku, which has more interesting channels for family entertainment?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
routsz:

Thank you Davodyguy. Kindly help also. Btw 5e C Band & 9e Ku, which has more interesting channels for family entertainment?
Please go for 5e C band. 90% of the channels broadcast in English Language.

As for 9e, 90% of channels broadcast in German Language and they're not FTA.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesope04(m): 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2019
michealblakky:

Who said is fta. Stop arguing. Am trying to watch it there yesterday is is scrambled and my guy own is showing as at the time Liverpool and Chelsea is playing super cup. If u have urs as fta why not post it? Than argue.
What's this all about now? You have answered the question you were seeking answers to already. You said your guy's own was showing, why don't you take the pain of asking your guy all he did rather than pouncing on people sir? We all need it so pressurize your guy to help us out

2 Likes

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:

Much thanks Davody
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 7:37pm On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:

Thanks for stopping by

I just don't want to argue with these guys, cause it's like beating a dead horse to move.

Nigerians love EPL due to the effect of Kanu, JJ Okocha, Obafemi Martins etc that played in England.

When Kanu and George Finidi were in Ajax and won the UCL in 1995, many Nigerians started supporting Ajax and in those days Rashidi Yekini played for Victoria Setubal, Mutiu Adepoju was in Spain and Okocha played in Eintracht Frankfurt. Many Nigerians were limited to Football Made in Germany between 1993 to 1998 when NTA gets their feed from Transtel of Germany. DSTV was not even existing or popular at all. We were watching ABG with those very big dishes in the 90s, and limited to Cable Tel from Disc Engineering receiving signal from Yagi antenna.

All of a sudden, TV Africa came in 1997 and started broadcasting EPL, later in 1998 DSTV gained ground with EPL. By then JJ Okocha had moved to England, Kanu also left Inter Milan for Arsenal, leading to these crazy love for EPL.

Nigerians think they are the only ones in the world and when they love something fanatically, it is the same elsewhere.

DSTV gets EPL through feeds, as the contents they show are not theirs. The satellite they use, no one knows.
DSTV gets La Liga also through SKY Sports feed. The satellite they use, no one knows.
DSTV gets Serie A through feed as well. The satellite they use, no one knows.

That Startimes is getting bundesliga through feed is nothing new. Startimes is from China and they broadcast Bundesliga to South Africa, West Africa and East Africa. The Bundesliga rights provider need to supply Startimes a feed or feed channels close to the region they are broadcasting from, which is why 8 degrees west was selected as it is within reach for Startimes

I just don't want to engage in Frivolous argument cos many people view things from their perspective and then generalize

DSTV is based in South Africa and not in England, hence all EPL contents are delivered to them through a feed. The feed is coded cos of TV rights and the way England football is
First of all,let me clear the air.
I'M PROMOTING DSTV or neither are my a DSTV agent

I can't verify your claims for others but for that of EPL,DSTV doesn't broadcast it using a FEED.
Before these events grace our screens,it must pass through a "stream" or several streams.
For everywhere in the world where the EPL is broadcasted in English, there's a dedicated channel that markets these "contents" including all of its programs [Football today,fanzone,preview and review,netbusters and all the rest)
During live matches,the same camera that records these events live in the stadium are the same views you see on your TV as long as you're elsewhere [Not in the UK] excluding Sky and BT. Commentary and Studio analysis MAY vary but content is the same — of course there are renderings made to enhance picture and audio,noise cancellation and all that which is done by the technical team of the content holder;data is transmitted and encrypted at the same time. Do you know why that funny looking alphabet combination appears on your screen while a live match is on? It's different for several providers but appears at the same time,this keys vary too.
If you have an orange tree and supply oranges to several people, you must not tell them what to do with it,one can directly resell in the market while the other makes juice with it.
You should check again what a FEED means.
Again,I'm not a DSTV agent!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 10:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
Has anyone tracked Cosmote in the south eastern states?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 10:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
davodyguy:

Can 5e be tracked with 2.4m mesh dish in South East Nigeria? Are there sports channels in them?

I have been tracking 9E all week but only get Startimes whereas I was trying to nail Cosmote
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 10:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
IYGEAL:

Can 5e be tracked with 2.4m mesh dish in South East Nigeria? Are there sports channels in them?

I have been tracking 9E all week but only get Startimes whereas I was trying to nail Cosmote
For Cosmote, what dish size are you using and not hitting target?

For 5e C band or very good fibre or good Pan dish, you're okay with 260cm dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 1:53am On Aug 16, 2019
davodyguy:

For Cosmote, what dish size are you using and not hitting target?

For 5e C band or very good fibre or good Pan dish, you're okay with 260cm dish

I used 2.4 mesh dish; the popular old one.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hubbell: 2:02am On Aug 16, 2019
Please house can one nail cosmote with 3.4m fiber
IYGEAL:

I used 2.4 mesh dish; the popular old one.
dish in Southeast Nigeria
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Konkay(m): 3:40am On Aug 16, 2019
Pls my ogas in the house kindly differentiate nigcomsat sat and Tstv or 16 e, channels for me urgently. Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 6:26am On Aug 16, 2019
hubbell:
Please house can one nail cosmote with 3.4m fiber dish in Southeast Nigeria

Have you tried? I tried with 2.4m severally but was only getting Startimes in that acute angle, 9E, LNB at 4 o'clock from the back of the dish.

I guess your 3.4 may get it.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 6:51am On Aug 16, 2019
AshipaEk0:
Wanted:

SD quality IPTV with English sports channels, not Arabic

I can give you sd channels
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 6:52am On Aug 16, 2019
harizonal123:
With the help of this forum ,I have been able to nail three birds in one dish together with my installer after he followed my instructions grin. I added two more lnbs to my previous set up. Nigcomsat as primary ,tstv untop and multi tv below. Currently having over a hundred channels. Thanks to u all

How can I make that happen
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 6:54am On Aug 16, 2019
AshipaEk0:

Yes,

but also Reliability.

SD streams stay up more than HD streams and don't get maxed out like HD ones

I have good iptv
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 6:56am On Aug 16, 2019
abdoulng:

I do

Give me your contact
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2019
krasican:
Please who sells HDMI splitter in onitsha
I I can pre-order for you if you need need it urgently
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by krasican(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2019
passendi:

I I can pre-order for you if you need need it urgently

How much and wen can I get it?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by OXYZ: 7:59am On Aug 16, 2019
Good morning house, please what are the specifications for wi-fi stick that will work with decoders and where can I get it within Lagos.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2019
ben1daEbiri:

I can't verify your claims for others but for that of EPL,DSTV doesn't broadcast it using a FEED.
Before these events grace our screens,it must pass through a "stream" or several streams.
For everywhere in the world where the EPL is broadcasted in English, there's a dedicated channel that markets these "contents" including all of its programs [Football today,fanzone,preview and review,netbusters and all the rest)
During live matches,the same camera that records these events live in the stadium are the same views you see on your TV as long as you're elsewhere [Not in the UK] excluding Sky and BT. Commentary and Studio analysis MAY vary but content is the same — of course there are renderings made to enhance picture and audio,noise cancellation and all that which is done by the technical team of the content holder;data is transmitted and encrypted at the same time. Do you know why that funny looking alphabet combination appears on your screen while a live match is on? It's different for several providers but appears at the same time,this keys vary too.
If you have an orange tree and supply oranges to several people, you must not tell them what to do with it,one can directly resell in the market while the other makes juice with it.
Note for every live sports events (football) there must be a feed!
What is a feed: A feed is term used to describe a process of inserting an object into a device or moving data into another location.
Google what a backhaul means, A backhaul is also referred to as a clean feed.
BT sports and Sky sports are the major rights holders to broadcast EPL matches in the UK, but the content provider is Arqiva. Check about (www.arqiva.com) arqiva is responsible to deliver English premier league for SKY and BT sports in UK and around the globe,direct from the stadium using all necessary transmission equipments to deliver the content as backhaul services.
Arqiva has frequencies in some satellites to distribute live EPL matches to pay TV providers while Sky or BT sports is the content owner.
what it means is that EPL is delivered from only one source which is arqiva .For DSTV to show English premier league they will go through Sky sports to deliver the content to the pay TV subscribers...super sports Dstv only affiliates from Sky sports and direct from a feed if not., you will see Sky sports logo on super sports Dstv channel.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 8:29am On Aug 16, 2019
ben1daEbiri:

Davodyguy please continue this discussion, I am learning through it.

Though I believe that live transmission comes through feeds which are locked with keys. Whether dstv or not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.