Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,996 members, 7,828,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (1958) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5451703 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 9:42am On Aug 16, 2019
Predator188:

Note for every live sports events (football) there must be a feed!
What is a feed: A feed is term used to describe a process of inserting an object into a device or moving data into another location.
Google what a backhaul means, A backhaul is also referred to as a clean feed.
BT sports and Sky sports are the major rights holders to broadcast EPL matches in the UK, but the content provider is Arqiva. Check about (www.arqiva.com) arqiva is responsible to deliver English premier league for SKY and BT sports in UK and around the globe,direct from the stadium using all necessary transmission equipments to deliver the content as backhaul services.
Arqiva has frequencies in some satellites to distribute live EPL matches to pay TV providers while Sky or BT sports is the content owner.
what it means is that EPL is delivered from only one source which is arqiva .For DSTV to show English premier league they will go through Sky sports to deliver the content to the pay TV subscribers...super sports Dstv only affiliates from Sky sports and direct from a feed if not., you will see Sky sports logo on super sports Dstv channel.

I just don't want to get into frivolous argument.

After reading his post, I just gave up on his misinformation and then took my time to study how EPL distribute their content world wide to Paytv operators who then provide the contents to us at home.

There is no way any Paytv would operate without getting Signal from Satellite feed. What some of the broadcast organization does is to have a satellite which them may not disclose to anyone save the Paytvs they are sending signals to. Hence, this contents are available 24/7 which can then be redistributed.

DSTV is head quartered in South Africa. All the EPL contents you watch on Super 1 to 10 is sent to them through dedicated channels on the satellite/feed. DSTV doesn't have cameras or OB vans in England.

I checked https://www.arqiva.com/case-studies/arqiva-and-plp-deliver-premier-league-football-to-the-world/

I'll extract the key parts in quote below

Arqiva and PLP deliver Premier League football to the world
Considered to be the greatest football league in the world, the Premier League is broadcast to 900 million households in over 200 territories - a colossal feat that is reliant on Arqiva’s satellite distribution services.
Fact 1, DSTV is been fed through Satellite, likewise Startimes. They don't have cameras in all 20 Stadia in England, neither does Startimes have cameras in all 18 Stadia in the Bundesliga

Arqiva has been involved in the global satellite distribution of the world’s most competitive and compelling football league since 2007, helping to deliver the Premier League to an estimated audience of 4.7 billion viewers in hundreds of territories.

The close working partnership enjoyed by Arqiva and IMG’s Premier League Productions (PLP) has allowed for the consistent global delivery of high-quality football content during the past nine seasons.

Fact number 2, they have been doing this since 2007

An introduction to IMG and PLP
IMG is a global leader in sports, events, media and fashion. Operating across more than 30 countries, it represents and manages many high-profile sports and fashion figures; stages hundreds of live events each year; and is one of the world’s largest independent producers and distributors of sports media.
Premier League Productions, a partnership between the Premier League and IMG, produces and distributes all the Premier League’s international programming. This includes coverage of all 380 Premier League matches each season, a catalogue of supplementary programming and the Premier League Content Service and a 24/7/365 High Definition ‘Channel’ for international licensees outside Europe.
Number IMG and PLP owns the production including cameras etc

Constant support
During every live match PLP and the broadcasters have access to a dedicated help desk to manage any technical difficulties encountered during transmission. This service is manned throughout every match day, with engineers ready to respond to all manner of situations. Whatever the challenge, the help desk means it can be handled quickly and with minimal fuss.

What’s more, the fact that all Premier League feeds are monitored closely at Arqiva’s Master Control Room (MCR) helps to ensure a smooth and consistent service throughout each season.
This part nailed his argument to the grave.

EPL is delivered through Feed.

End of discussion
There are two major Paytv operators in Nigeria at the Moment.

DSTV from SA and
Startimes from China

DSTV owns the right for EPL, LaLiga, Serie A and UCL. They have an alliance with the content owners, who provides a link to DSTV to get all contents, which DSTV then encodes and you'll need their decoder to decode the contents. These contents are not provided through web. No way, cos it would be very expensive streaming such heavy HD contents. Hence, they're distributed through Satellite feeds, which is cheaper and can be encrypted using some of the latest technologies available.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesope04(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2019
IYGEAL:

Have you tried? I tried with 2.4m severally but was only getting Startimes in that acute angle, 9E, LNB at 4 o'clock from the back of the dish.

I guess your 3.4 may get it.
I got it with while my lnb is at 5pm, standing at the back of the dish. Southwest, 1m,only cosmote 4 and 7
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jamesope04(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2019
OXYZ:
Good morning house, please what are the specifications for wi-fi stick that will work with a decoders and where can I get it within Lagos.
Just mention the decoders name to the seller, he knows the stick to give. Better still, go with ur decoder

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olutozn54(m): 11:42am On Aug 16, 2019
davodyguy:

After reading his post, I just gave up on his misinformation and then took my time to study how EPL distribute their content world wide to Paytv operators who then provide the contents to us at home.

There is no way any Paytv would operate without getting Signal from Satellite feed. What some of the broadcast organization does is to have a satellite which them may not disclose to anyone save the Paytvs they are sending signals to. Hence, this contents are available 24/7 which can then be redistributed.

DSTV is head quartered in South Africa. All the EPL contents you watch on Super 1 to 10 is sent to them through dedicated channels on the satellite/feed. DSTV doesn't have cameras or OB vans in England.

I checked https://www.arqiva.com/case-studies/arqiva-and-plp-deliver-premier-league-football-to-the-world/

Fact 1, DSTV is been fed through Satellite, likewise Startimes. They don't have cameras in all 20 Stadia in England, neither does Startimes have cameras in all 18 Stadia in the Bundesliga

End of discussion

DSTV from SA and
Startimes from China

DSTV owns the right for EPL, LaLiga, Serie A and UCL. They have an alliance with the content owners, who provides a link to DSTV to get all contents, which DSTV then encodes and you'll need their decoder to decode the contents. These contents are not provided through web. No way, cos it would be very expensive streaming such heavy HD contents. Hence, they're distributed through Satellite feeds, which is cheaper and can be encrypted using some of the latest technologies available.

Educative....
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by AshipaEk0: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2019
passendi:

I can give you sd channels

Should i message you for a test?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Avedonn: 11:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Please someone should help me confirm if Tstv is on
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by routsz: 12:00pm On Aug 16, 2019
Avedonn:
Please someone should help me confirm if Tstv is on
ON
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by umbo: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
routsz:

ON

pls kindly endeavour to always write in a polite manner,however to your quest ,TSTV is blazing right now
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Monlo(m): 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2019
I think what we need now is to keep on scavenging for satellites to get these feeds to enable us enjoy fta sports again.
As we know they are always available,just to get them is what is difficult.We can't forget too soon the likes of ARQs feeds (1-9).....that would show different EPL matches at the same time,even still showing LA liga then,before it ended abruptly.
Let's get to work and search for feeds broadcasting FTA EPL,LA liga etc.....
Cheers.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by passendi: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2019
krasican:

How much and wen can I get it?

WhatsApp 08037586990
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by microgiant: 1:41pm On Aug 16, 2019
Monlo:
I think what we need now is to keep on scavenging for satellites to get these feeds to enable us enjoy fta sports again.
As we know they are always available,just to get them is what is difficult.We can't forget too soon the likes of ARQs feeds (1-9).....that would show different EPL matches at the same time,even still showing LA liga then,before it ended abruptly.
Let's get to work and search for feeds broadcasting FTA EPL,LA liga etc.....
Cheers.

Good luck on your research, I suggest you use a 4:2:2 capable receiver.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ben1daEbiri(m): 1:47pm On Aug 16, 2019
davodyguy:

End of discussion

DSTV from SA and
Startimes from China

You are not getting my point. The "feed" I refer to isn't the one you're talking about.
For any two or more ways communication, data must be sent and received across these paths and hence it's a feed.
The feed we all hunt for isn't the same feed which these contents are "originally" transmitted on.
There are cameras across the several stadia to record each event/game; This doesn't mean DSTV have cameras there, the camera provides every "content distributor" with these feeds before they're been broadcasted to us,that's were IMG and all the rest comes to play.
Sorry I was way to ambiguous with regards to the term "feed"
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by davodyguy: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2019
ben1daEbiri:

You are not getting my point. The "feed" I refer to isn't the one you're talking about.
For any two or more ways communication, data must be sent and received across these paths and hence it's a feed.
The feed we all hunt for isn't the same feed which these contents are "originally" transmitted on.
There are cameras across the several stadia to record each event/game; This doesn't mean DSTV have cameras there, the camera provides every "content distributor" with these feeds before they're been broadcasted to us,that's were IMG and all the rest comes to play.
Sorry I was way to ambiguous with regards to the term "feed"

@ the highlighted, great that you clarified.

What we are talking about has something to do with the satellite DSTV gets the contents from.
Yes we all agree that content provider is IMG. IMG then pacakges these contents into several channels (majorly on days of same kick off at various centres) and transmit them to DSTV through 'feeds'

But we in Nigeria are not sure of the satellite through which DSTV gets these contents.

For the German league, Sportec Solutions does what IMG is doing in England.
From their site i copied this

Collection and delivery of the official match data for clubs, licensees and partners of DFL through a data interface and data feeds. Another important data subscriber within DFL is Sportcast, for example as part of World Feed, receivable in over 200 countries, as well as DFL Digital Sports GmbH, DFL’s content subsidiary for all digital channels.
As for the bundesliga, I'm not sure they are well secured as that of the EPL. They are using 8 degrees west to 'feed' startimes who them encode and send to us on DTH and DTT. Startimes broadcast bundesliga English and French to all Sub-Saharan Africa comprising South Africa, West Africa and East Africa. beIN Sports Arabia controls MENA

It's good we have this kind of discourse once in a while, after all its part of Satellite TV

cheers

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2019
Is someone can send Signal 6 biss key?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2019
davodyguy:

@ the highlighted, great that you clarified.

What we are talking about has something to do with the satellite DSTV gets the contents from.
Yes we all agree that content provider is IMG. IMG then pacakges these contents into several channels (majorly on days of same kick off at various centres) and transmit them to DSTV through 'feeds'

But we in Nigeria are not sure of the satellite through which DSTV gets these contents.

For the German league, Sportec Solutions does what IMG is doing in England.
From their site i copied this

As for the bundesliga, I'm not sure they are well secured as that of the EPL. They are using 8 degrees west to 'feed' startimes who them encode and send to us on DTH and DTT. Startimes broadcast bundesliga English and French to all Sub-Saharan Africa comprising South Africa, West Africa and East Africa. beIN Sports Arabia controls MENA

It's good we have this kind of discourse once in a while, after all its part of Satellite TV

cheers
My question is why is the satellite feed for dstv so secretive that even their engineers seem so loyal as not to reveal the mystery sat.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Predator188: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2019
Spy360:

My question is why is the satellite feed for dstv so secretive that even their engineers seem so loyal as not to reveal the mystery sat.
That huge dish size of dstv can point to any satellite coverage zone in the world or Europe.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obynocute(m): 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2019
Am I d only one dat is not learning nd liking dis forum dis few dayz?
Kudos my ogas at d top.

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by ManirBK: 9:58pm On Aug 16, 2019
4C4153E0455231C8
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by hubbell: 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2019
Still no one to confirm cosmote tracking in Southeast either with 2.4 and above, having 3.4 dish in southeast Nigeria is not giving joy,please which satellites are good for this size of BUD dish
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:27am On Aug 17, 2019
OXYZ:
Good morning house, please what are the specifications for wi-fi stick that will work with decoders and where can I get it within Lagos.
Get universal WiFi
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by abohwun(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2019
If you need Tiger t8 ultra, t800 mini and Range T20 whatsapp on 07033543115.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 7:48am On Aug 17, 2019
jamesope04:
I got it with while my lnb is at 5pm, standing at the back of the dish. Southwest, 1m,only cosmote 4 and 7

Couldn't get in Southeast. Tired of trying.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IYGEAL(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2019
One Meter nailing Cosmote in Southwest could mean there is hope for southeast using 2.4m.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2019
hubbell:
Still no one to confirm cosmote tracking in Southeast either with 2.4 and above, having 3.4 dish in southeast Nigeria is not giving joy,please which satellites are good for this size of BUD dish
Only Cosmote 11843V27500. 11938H27500. 12054H27500 is or will be receivable.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by idris4r83(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2019
davodyguy:

Wrong.

TSTV is presently on AzerSpace 2/Intelsat 38 at 45.0°E
While NigComSat 1R is at 42.5°E

They're within proximity but 2.5° apart
can they be tracked on d same dish?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by sholey4love: 10:07am On Aug 17, 2019
idris4r83:
can they be tracked on d same dish?

Yes
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Spy360(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2019
Predator188:

That huge dish size of dstv can point to any satellite coverage zone in the world or Europe.
Impressive. But can't their engineers reveal the sat feed? Even to close pals
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by OXYZ: 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2019
@jamesope04 and abohwun, I appreciate your inputs.Thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Freshclean777(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2019
ManirBK:
4C4153E0455231C8

Thanks bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by zoboizee: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
@jamesope04.
You should be abe to get beyond 4 & 7. With 1m in the southwest, you will have tp 11804,11938,12054,11843 & 12034 [hardest to pool in]. So you should have cosmo**4,6,7,e*t Sport, f*x life, cosmo** cinema2 etc.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by nura737: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
Rts1 HD on new world sport pos# sou vs liv

1 Like

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Am4obama(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
Can you help me track all these?

zoboizee:
@jamesope04.
You should be abe to get beyond 4 & 7. With 1m in the southwest, you will have tp 11804,11938,12054,11843 & 12034 [hardest to pool in]. So you should have cosmo**4,6,7,e*t Sport, f*x life, cosmo** cinema2 etc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.