Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage (34428 Views)

How I Handled My Cheating Serious Girl / I Broke Up With My Cheating Boyfriend. / How I Caught My Cheating Fiancee During The Christmas Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by HltSong: 11:25am On May 13, 2022
The future woes of all red pillers. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by emecheboy2(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2022
Sorry Bro, you got married to a Nigerian version of jada pinkett smith
Cassahav:

I am a fortysomething man in a long-term relationship – nearly 20 years – and have two children. For the past 10 years my partner has been having short-term lovers. These were clandestine, but more recently she has stopped hiding, called our relationship “open”, and currently has a lover who I do know about. But this “open relationship” can only be one-sided, because she is jealous and suspicious while I am basically not polyamorous. So why stay together? We get on, communicate well (other than the no-go zone of her other love life), rarely argue, are bonded by bringing up our children and are financially tied together.

However, the years of suppressing my emotions – of jealousy, rejection, insecurity, being lied to – have left me broken. Sex (which we still occasionally do have) has become stressed: if I don’t perform enthusiastically, it will justify her seeking other lovers. Also, I am expected to remain sexually attracted to her, which gets more difficult when I know she’s been with someone else recently. We had frank talks when she offered to end her extramarital affairs and be monogamous with me – or plan how we might separate without affecting our children. We were both very upset, as we are very much still in love, and wish the sex side of our relationship wasn’t such a terrible mess.

But it has occurred to me that I am emotionally and sexually broken after this past decade. If I was single again – or my partner was to become monogamous with me again – I don’t think I would be a viable person to be in a relationship with. How do I start to repair myself, inside or outside this relationship?

Any advice would be cool.
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by ghettochild(m): 11:31am On May 13, 2022
Daddy, am sorry to say..
U mumu small..
What kind of man will tolerate his wife having a side dick?
U allowed her grow to that extent she even seem to control u
When u meant financially tied?
Na she dey sponsor u or u have joint business??
Have u carried out DNA?
I can tell u the chances of ur kids not yours is 80%..
If u were my friend..
Na flog i go flog u..
If u were my Uncle...
I go disown u
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by alizma: 11:46am On May 13, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:

She's his babymama and they're in an open relationship but he finds it hard to date others so he's stuck with her. Watching the one you love date others is breaking him.
Ok, in that case let him call her for marriage, that is if he can ignore the past and believe the woman can adjust to loving him alone and building family together. Alternatively, he should break up totally and face his future while paying attention to his responsibility in respect of the child between them.
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by YourFavEvangeli: 11:55am On May 13, 2022
skoskosko:

I swear I tire. This is what every commenter did not see. Make a baby mama out of a young girl for 20 years! He is 40+, she is prolly in her mid 30s. Minus 20 years, it means she was in her teenage years With all her innocence when she met this unfortunate human being and he took her on an inglorious 20 years ride. For 1,2,3,4,5,10 years, no good reason was found to define the situationship properly. Just sexual gratification and childbearing. She can’t tell if she is his fiancée or boyfriend or fwb. Oya let her go and find her life, you selfishly won’t. The Op is a manipulative devil and ended up breaking the lady who is now stuck in time and dilemma.

Funny the majority didn't see it. The lady is obviously trying to get married to someone else since he's not interested in doing that. However, she still has feelings for him. I believe that if he marries her, the dating of other men will stop. Either way, he has to define the situationship and soon.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by tianshie(m): 12:15pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

I am a fortysomething man in a long-term relationship – nearly 20 years – and have two children. For the past 10 years my partner has been having short-term lovers. These were clandestine, but more recently she has stopped hiding, called our relationship “open”, and currently has a lover who I do know about. But this “open relationship” can only be one-sided, because she is jealous and suspicious while I am basically not polyamorous. So why stay together? We get on, communicate well (other than the no-go zone of her other love life), rarely argue, are bonded by bringing up our children and are financially tied together.

This is FAKE. COPIED from THE GUARDIAN. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/may/10/sexual-healing-partner-one-sided-open-relationship-broken-me-sexually-monogamous-children

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Gamesmart: 12:15pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

However, the years of suppressing my emotions – of jealousy, rejection, insecurity, being lied to – have left me broken. Sex (which we still occasionally do have) has become stressed: if I don’t perform enthusiastically, it will justify her seeking other lovers. Also, I am expected to remain sexually attracted to her, which gets more difficult when I know she’s been with someone else recently. We had frank talks when she offered to end her extramarital affairs and be monogamous with me – or plan how we might separate without affecting our children. We were both very upset, as we are very much still in love, and wish the sex side of our relationship wasn’t such a terrible mess.

But it has occurred to me that I am emotionally and sexually broken after this past decade. If I was single again – or my partner was to become monogamous with me again – I don’t think I would be a viable person to be in a relationship with. How do I start to repair myself, inside or outside this relationship?

You come across like I vision apatheticme's husband.

Same energy and mentality.
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by tianshie(m): 12:16pm On May 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Make an appointment with a mental health counselor and seek help with finding yourself first. You may have lost you in that jungle that lasted over a decade. Seek help to help find you again and drag you out of where you are so you can begin anew. lipsrsealed

Then go from there. undecided

This is FAKE. COPIED from THE GUARDIAN. https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2022/may/10/sexual-healing-partner-one-sided-open-relationship-broken-me-sexually-monogamous-children

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by apatheticme(f): 12:31pm On May 13, 2022
Gamesmart:

You come across like I vision husband.

Same energy and mentality.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by nogragra: 12:32pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

These are crazy things that are going on in this so called modern era. Every nonesence bordering on stupidity is accepted as the norm. The Almighty God in heaven is the one who instituted marriage and conducted the first marriage between a man (Adam) and a woman (Eve) Gen 2:22 and called them Husband and wife in other parts of the Bible also recognise this including copy cat laws we have all over the world. The Biblical rules has obtained here (1 Cor.7) applies for centuries with resulting hermony and peace on the home front. All this rules have been destroyed by the so called partner things which the Scriptures/Bible never ordain and females in relationship has become so brazen, and arrogant because they have departed from the natural use of themselves as the Bible has put it Romans 1:25-27.
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by djon78(m): 12:33pm On May 13, 2022
MaziOfPH:
Obviously you haven't dedicated your life to something or someone 100% before, you can't even fully love yourself how could anyone expect you to give out genuine love

And giving out genuine love is by allowing your wife to be sleeping around. Abi

How can someone give out genuine love in this messed up condition

The guy you quoted makes more sense than you
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Gamesmart: 12:37pm On May 13, 2022
apatheticme:

Rule 2

Seun, kindly ban this troll who is obsessed with mentioning my moniker everytime with one insult or the other. I've been civil with him enough!

I don't understand his obsession with me!

cc farano
Rocktation

Civil? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

By being the first to start insulting me repeatedly, while I kept quiet? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aunty of "civility":

https://www.nairaland.com/7047493/why-there-many-single-guys/17#111491721

https://www.nairaland.com/7047493/why-there-many-single-guys/17#111497436

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can't take your own medicine because you are "special"? grin grin grin

Unlike you, there in no single insult in my post you quoted, I just highlighted my thoughts and perception.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by worldclass68(m): 1:02pm On May 13, 2022
She has already made u her pet....
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by seguno2: 1:38pm On May 13, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:
Funny the majority didn't see it. The lady is obviously trying to get married to someone else since he's not interested in doing that. However, she still has feelings for him. I believe that if he marries her, the dating of other men will stop. Either way, he has to define the situationship and soon.

He used the word, marriage, not so?
He also said that they are financially tied together?
Please how did you get baby mama inside all these
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by seguno2: 1:39pm On May 13, 2022

2 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by fluffybaby(f): 1:46pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

That is exactly what men expect from their women in Nigeria. Now you see how the thing goes?
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 13, 2022
seguno2:

The story has been debunked as copied, but I don’t think you read it. He never used the word marriage. (in a long term relationship-nearly 20 years), when you add kids, what you get is baby mama for 20 years. The possibility of being financially tied after 20 years with 2kids to jointly raise is a norm na. This makes the guy in the original story evil. If she was not good enough to wife, why keep her this long? Because he wants unrestricted sexual gratification without commitments!

He is even jealous the confused lady is now desperately trying to find love and herself. He now uses his insecurities to manipulate her emotions into a conversation. Typical Yoruba demon.

Why not define the situation properly, let her know what she is, fwb, partners, fiancé etc. The lady probably wanted/expected more wanted more and never got it, 20 years ooo! she has been damaged by this beast because she must have given him most of her productive years. I am a father, May God not allow our daughters to fall prey to such manipulative devils.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Frales6(f): 2:23pm On May 13, 2022
The thing is...are you really ready to take advice? Becox some will seek advice and still do what's in their mind. For example, I know of one man, his wife maltreats him...ie., he provides everything but the woman starves him both food, kpekus and shelter, he's tired of it and he starts complaining to his friends. Now, his friends practically tried to help him move out of the house bcoz it's a renter apartment, but the man is never willing to make move. Not that he has children oooo, the woman is busy using him to train the girl she had for another man.
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Frales6(f): 2:25pm On May 13, 2022
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by walesoflyf(m): 2:55pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

Will Smith what's up.. How you dey... How una come take reason that Chris Rock matter... I hope say you don beg the guy.... Anyways take care eh.. Greet Jada for me... grin
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by YourFavEvangeli: 3:48pm On May 13, 2022
seguno2:

He wrongly used the term "extramarital". No mention of marriage. Read again except in the Topic.

According to him, they are in a long term relationship and they are bounded by raising their kids and maybe they started a business together. Will u introduce your wife as your long term partner to stangers?

Deep down, he sees her as his wife but I don't understand why he hasn't done right by her for 20yrs now.

Girls grow up thinking about their wedding day. The term "married" gives women a sense of purpose and security and that's what's lacking here. Read in between the lines. He refused to define their situationship and she wants someone to put a ring on her finger. Since he can't give her what she wants, she doesn't hide her dating other men anymore and expects him to be okay with it.

Tu comprend?

2 Likes

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by apatheticme(f): 3:48pm On May 13, 2022
Gamesmart:

Civil? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

By being the first to start insulting me repeatedly, while I kept quiet? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Aunty of "civility":

https://www.nairaland.com/7047493/why-there-many-single-guys/17#111491721

https://www.nairaland.com/7047493/why-there-many-single-guys/17#111497436

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can't take your own medicine because you are "special"? grin grin grin

Unlike you, there in no single insult in my post you quoted, I just highlighted my thoughts and perception.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by kpolli(m): 3:51pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

You have dated for 20+ years and not married her, why will she take you serious?

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Gamesmart: 3:53pm On May 13, 2022
apatheticme:

Those banters are over 2months old, yet you're still mentioning me upandan.

Get over yourself dude, I've been civil enough with you. If you wanna tackle me, tackle me. I won't tolerate your further insults to my husband who you have never met, never interacted with, who definitely doesn't even know you exist. What is your business with my husband??

You said you never insulted me, yet I can show you countless times you kept dragging my husband here, yet I ignored your taunts!!

Let this be the last time you mention me or insult anything that has to do with me. Let's be guided pls!!

Cc farano
Rocktation

Civil is calling me an incel? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are the one that described how a man should be.

I can only assume since you are married and of sound mental health, you chose that kind of man that would do as you say.

Don't go around doing what you don't want done to you. You can do that with your husband, not me.

Take mine too as "banter".

Don't you just love how women like to minimise their wrongs with euphemisms! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by ameh99: 3:57pm On May 13, 2022
Cassahav:

Omo i understand the situation but i guess you be single man do you really know what love is??

Love is simply when you allow your dik do the thinking for you cry
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by apatheticme(f): 3:59pm On May 13, 2022
Gamesmart:

I can only assume since you are married and of sound mental health, you chose that kind of man that would do as you say.

Don't go around doing what you don't want done to you. You can do that with your husband, not me.

Don't you just love how women like to minimise their wrongs with euphemisms! grin grin grin grin grin

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Rnbstar1(m): 4:02pm On May 13, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
she broke your spirit and made you to become who she wants you to be....to the point that you even believe you wouldnt be good enoug to anyone but her. as much as you hate the thought, you have to get away from this negative woman as you will never ever be valued by her again...so why stay?! you guys are roommates at best.

the future you dont know, is way better than what you are experiencing now...which is basically "nothing"!

He is the Nigerian version of Will Smith.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by apatheticme(f): 4:08pm On May 13, 2022
Gamesmart:

[b]Don't go around doing what you don't want done to you. [/b]You can do that with your husband, not me.

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by Gamesmart: 4:11pm On May 13, 2022
apatheticme:

And what exactly did I do to you??

You're so pained, can't get over shit, yet you were the first person who started quoting and saying rubbish on the thread!

Later y'all would say women are petty, yet you're still stuck on over 2 months online banters.

You're pathetic!

I don't even remember you exist, until I see your moniker in my mentions. Face me, stop hiding behind your mama's wrapper to taunt me with "husband".

Coward! Spits.

I love your "civil banter". So I engage in it with you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by seguno2: 4:13pm On May 13, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:
He wrongly used the term "extramarital". No mention of marriage. Read again except in the Topic.

According to him, they are in a long term relationship and they are bounded by raising their kids and maybe they started a business together. Will u introduce your wife as your long term partner to stangers?

Deep down, he sees her as his wife but I don't understand why he hasn't done right by her for 20yrs now.

Girls grow up thinking about their wedding day. The term "married" gives women a sense of purpose and security and that's what's lacking here. Read in between the lines. He refused to define their situationship and she wants someone to put a ring on her finger. Since he can't give her what she wants, she doesn't hide her dating other men anymore and expects him to be okay with it.

Tu comprend?

Did you write this as a woman, or as a man

1 Like

Re: My Cheating Is About To End My Marriage by apatheticme(f): 4:17pm On May 13, 2022
Gamesmart:

I love your "civil banter". So I engage in it with you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Did You Meet Your Current Spouse or Partner? / Check Out These Prewedding Pictures / Cute Pre-wedding Photos Of Team Juventus Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.