Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? (27905 Views)

UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by bukkiexchange01(f): 12:13pm On Mar 29
Qhalifah:
Something in the region of 3000 - 3500 KSH

I'll reach out to her and revert back
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Qhalifah: 2:48pm On Mar 29
bukkiexchange01:

I'll reach out to her and revert back
Okay boss, thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by qyriwise: 3:29pm On Mar 29
nwadikeokey11:
Almighty God grants you your heart desires my brother. It shall be well with you over there. I have been to Kigali in Rwanda, some other African countries and outside Africa then back to Nigeria for the past 3yrs now. But I think I need to leave Nigeria again due to the terrible economy over here in Nigeria but I just don't feel like living anywhere outside Africa. So I need a good African country I could move to. Rwanda isn't a good option for now as I have been reliably informed that the country isn't doing well at the moment, but honestly amongst all the African countries I had visited I love Rwandan. Kigali more due to the environment, great weather, well organized, etc, but then there's no point settling in a place where you will only spend your money without making good income. I planned to establish a good business outside Nigeria and call the new country of residence a home. Please do well to throw more light about Zombie, the weather, economy, life, etc. Thanks.

Amen and thank you. I am not a man though. Zambia is ok. Since I have been here, the only thing I don't like about this place is the difficulty I experience in getting food I like. From the little I know, the economy seem ok, when I first came here in 2021 exchange rate was 1 USD to 24 Zmw, as of today it's 1 USD to 25 Zmw. Between this time exchange rates have gone up and down depending on the price of copper and state of debt that the country owed.

Weather ranges from warm to cold. It gets way colder here than I have experienced in Nigeria.

Rent is more expensive than in Nigeria though it depends on area.

In my experience Zambians are very receptive and welcoming to Nigerians, this may be due to the legacy of the Late prophet TB Joshua, whom dey have a lot of respect for. Dey actually sound shocked that everyone don't attend the Synagogue Church. There are also a lot of Nigerian pastors in Zambia. I have not met any but it's what I was told. That is not to say they see Nigerians as saints cus I have heard the saying 'Nigerians are good with fraud' one time too many but you are given a chance.

Zambians prefer to work than do business, cus the pay is good. And at the beginning there is usually a huge sign up bonus. Businesses I know a lot of Zambians are into are those where you own an office, offer one service or the other, get contracts etc. I have not noticed them doing a lot of buying and selling.

When I go to town, I see lots of shops owned by Chinese, Indians and arabs. There are also blacks but I can't tell their nationality.

In the suburbs, most shops are owned by Rwandans (some of whom came during the genocide or their descendants and settled), Congolese, Tanzanians, Zimbabweans and Somalians. There are very few Zambians who own shops around the suburbs, atleast where I live or have lived. Some of these people were former refugees whom have been given the right to work in Zambia and their govt gave them start up funds for a business. Others applied for permits

Exactly how lucrative these businesses are, I cannot confirm but it can't be that bad.

That's it. This is solely based on my interpretation of what I have seen or have been told. I stand to be corrected.

Also, the exchange rate may seem high but like a lot of African countries, Zambia has had its currency redenominated. The Kwacha however is a good performing currency.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by nwadikeokey11: 4:43pm On Mar 29
qyriwise:

Amen and thank you. I am not a man though. Zambia is ok. Since I have been here, the only thing I don't like about this place is the difficulty I experience in getting food I like. From the little I know, the economy seem ok, when I first came here in 2021 exchange rate was 1 USD to 24 Zmw, as of today it's 1 USD to 25 Zmw. Between this time exchange rates have gone up and down depending on the price of copper and state of debt that the country owed.

Weather ranges from warm to cold. It gets way colder here than I have experienced in Nigeria.

In my experience Zambians are very receptive and welcoming to Nigerians, this may be due to the legacy of the Late prophet TB Joshua, whom dey have a lot of respect for. Dey actually sound shocked that everyone don't attend the Synagogue Church. There are also a lot of Nigerian pastors in Zambia. I have not met any but it's what I was told. That is not to say they see Nigerians as saints cus I have heard the saying 'Nigerians are good with fraud' one time too many but you are given a chance.

Zambians prefer to work than do business, cus the pay is good. And at the beginning there is usually a huge sign up bonus. Businesses I know a lot of Zambians are into are those where you own an office, offer one service or the other, get contracts etc. I have not noticed them doing a lot of buying and selling.

When I go to town, I see lots of shops owned by Chinese, Indians and arabs. There are also blacks but I can't tell their nationality.

In the suburbs, most shops are owned by Rwandans (some of whom came during the genocide or their descendants and settled), Congolese, Tanzanians, Zimbabweans and Somalians. There are very few Zambians who own shops around the suburbs, atleast where I live or have lived. Some of these people were former refugees whom have been given the right to work in Zambia and their govt gave them start up funds for a business. Others applied for permits

Exactly how lucrative these businesses are, I cannot confirm but it can't be that bad.

That's it. This is solely based on my interpretation of what I have seen or have been told. I stand to be corrected.

Also, the exchange rate may seem high but like a lot of African countries, Zambia has had its currency redenominated. The Kwacha however is a good performing currency.

Thanks so very much dear. Pls, how developed is the country, or should I say the cities, and by the way which of the cities are you living in? I sent you a message on your mail, could you please confirm and respond so we could talk better. Thanks once again.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by ayorins(m): 10:52pm On Mar 30
qyriwise:

I want to ask, to work as a freelancer in Zambia, how do you go about the Work/Residence permit thing.
Thank you.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by Hamachi(f): 10:58am On Apr 04
shocked
Brownbetsport24:
Consider lending business, lend people money put your interest.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by DaniDani(m): 11:13am On Apr 04
I have followed this thread from start to this point, I want to travel to either one of these countries and settle: 1. Ivory Coast, 2. Benin Republic, and 3. Zambia; please wonderful people of nairaland, which do you think is the best?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by stevemath: 8:32am On Apr 05
nwadikeokey11:
Oh, so you live there currently? That's awesome
That's amazing
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by stevemath: 8:35am On Apr 05
nwadikeokey11:
Thanks so very much dear. Pls, how developed is the country, or should I say the cities, and by the way which of the cities are you living in? I sent you a message on your mail, could you please confirm and respond so we could talk better. Thanks once again.

Please, any information about Botswana or Namibia?
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by nwadikeokey11: 9:46am On Apr 05
stevemath:

Please, any information about Botswana or Namibia?
Don't know much about those countries
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by stevemath: 3:28pm On Apr 05
DaniDani:
I have followed this thread from start to this point, I want to travel to either one of these countries and settle: 1. Ivory Coast, 2. Benin Republic, and 3. Zambia; please wonderful people of nairaland, which do you think is the best?

From my experiences, I have lived in Abidjan and Lome Togo.
I worked with international English speaking schools teaching Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
These countries French speaking are very good,law abiding, constant electricity,water supply,human lives are valued,no gap between the rich and poor. In short, they have functional systems.
Business is good in these countries and teaching jobs are very lucrative especially when you're vast in mathematics and sciences

However, the language barrier was a problem for me . I couldn't understand the language.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by stevemath: 3:31pm On Apr 05
[quote author=nwadikeokey11 post=129278159] Don't know much about those countries [/quote

Thanks sis.

This is my WhatsApp: +2348131126949...I will like us to chat privately ma.
Re: Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? by DaniDani(m): 4:03pm On Apr 05
stevemath:

From my experiences, I have lived in Abidjan and Lome Togo.
I worked with international English speaking schools teaching Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
These countries French speaking are very good,law abiding, constant electricity,water supply,human lives are valued,no gap between the rich and poor. In short, they have functional systems.
Business is good in these countries and teaching jobs are very lucrative especially when you're vast in mathematics and sciences

However, the language barrier was a problem for me . I couldn't understand the language.

Thanks for the input, I have particular interest in ivory coast. I will force myself to learn the language

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fatal Accident In Bauchi Kills Passengers, Others Injured (Graphic Photos) / Lady Who Rescued Accident Victims In Lagos Narrates Her Ordeal. Photos / The Alagbole-Yokoyo Flyover Is Near Completion (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.