Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays (66434 Views)

Why Do He-goats Incessantly Disturb Sexually Uninterested She-goats / Men Have Become Uninterested In Getting Married Becos Dey Are Sexually Satisfied / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Rushna27(f): 6:22pm On May 14, 2022
U really messed up sha.... replying his msg won't make u cheap but d way u act....u ignored him for days and u are pained he's doing same.....its well...if you truly want him just call him and make him see reason y u did what u did...

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Childofthelord(f): 6:24pm On May 14, 2022
Ma'am, there is no sugar coating here! now do you want to fix this? First off, admit that you were wrong. I understand what you mean by not "wanting to be desperate" but the truth is, you took the wide wrong route. Leaving him on read for 2 days? Haba! He prolly thought you were no longer interested or never really liked him. Even when my own girl friends leave me on read, I feel unwanted and undervalued.
And for how long will you continue to hide your true feelings?
You need to let go of whatever past trauma or experiences that are dictating your current situation. Sis, everyone makes mistake, if this guy is still within reach, Call him, apologize and let him know your true intentions. Be original, be genuine, be happy and God will bless you with a good spouse. Shalom
jackals:
Why do y'all sounds to make me unhappy. I'm not happy with how things turn out with him not getting back to me as I had hoped. And now you guys are compounding my issue.

Thanks anyways

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by udemzeus(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2022
Women, don't wait for me to do everything, me. Literally don't know what they want, you should attack what you want.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 14, 2022
placeofallure:

This one that came, did she conjure any spirit that brought him her way? Did she lift any finger before he showed up? That's it! You are not God!

Keep deceiving yourselves...I'm just telling how men think and what drives them away...if you like dont work on yourselves...you think God plays all these subjective games you ladies play?...dont worry..it is God that will force the man to marry a lady with bad character
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by madridsta007(m): 6:31pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
I'm a beautiful woman in my 30s (33 precisely) with a good career and a budding startup in the make-up business. I'm also very humble and I'm one that appreciate the little things a man do. Recently, I got linked to a guy who just came back from the US and have the intention of settling down just like me. He's successful and very respectful the First time we met, and I was already looking forward to something meaningful with him.

Last week Sunday, he took me out. When I got back home, I noticed I've embarrassed myself too much by literally throwing myself at him. I withdrew and form busy by not responding to his texts and calls for two days. WhatsApp message read but not replied.

On Tuesday, I noticed he didn't message me for the whole day. But I became bothered. Up till now, he has not called me nor message me. I didn't want things to be like this, I just didn't want it to be like I'm desperate of his attention.

Is he that he has moved on or not really interested

You are 33 and still doing this witch-type shakara.

What is wrong with you?
He is in his 30's I believe. Let me tell you what you know not know: He has MORE options than you across Nigeria, the US and any other country. Believe this.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Idumuje: 6:31pm On May 14, 2022
I am based in Nee York. Pls DM me privately, you seem quite genuine/authentic from your posts, we can make friends
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Where did she state that? As I said before, did they officially claim each other and give each other titles?

Who said anything about sex?

Love or attraction? How can you love someone you barely know? Stop throwing the word love around so easily abeg.

Did you read "love" in any of my comments? You are just writing rhetorical questions, for Op to feel this way means there was a relationship and so rest!!!
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by TheNoble007(m): 6:41pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I'm not with any man. Men have an habit of underating you when you show them how much you care. Between, I just wanted to see how consistent he is. I just dropped an SMS for him on his local number hoping he reply.

Rooster and bull story. Some people, men and women, think they are phenomenal. The only way to show self respect as a Lady, is to resist sexual intimacy with any guy until marriage. Any other thing, is a matter of attrition and irrelevant. A guy who has beheld wonderful ladies with higher class, and is allegedly humble at least, is a pure catch that needs no disdain.

I earnestly pray that he blocks you off and turn askance towards your mention.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 14, 2022
Iamthoney:
On point brotherly. This modern time and age and era where girls full everywhere? This Aunty really shoot herself in the leg. Come to think of it, she might even have one Nigerian Simp waiting on her but she’s busy going after American returnee ��

Girls full everywhere you say? 80% destiny no dey or bright again. You guys always sound so bitter when a discussion is about women. Na man born u? Abi u no get sisters?
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by DaInferno(m): 6:47pm On May 14, 2022
Akpacha:
kido! U waited till u hear that from it pastor.
as both of us the view status, I no reason am. There are somethings you won't notice lest someone pointed it out.
I was in the realm of the spirit that day! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
I'm a beautiful woman in my 30s (33 precisely) with a good career and a budding startup in the make-up business. I'm also very humble and I'm one that appreciate the little things a man do. Recently, I got linked to a guy who just came back from the US and have the intention of settling down just like me. He's successful and very respectful the First time we met, and I was already looking forward to something meaningful with him.

Last week Sunday, he took me out. When I got back home, I noticed I've embarrassed myself too much by literally throwing myself at him. I withdrew and form busy by not responding to his texts and calls for two days. WhatsApp message read but not replied.

On Tuesday, I noticed he didn't message me for the whole day. But I became bothered. Up till now, he has not called me nor message me. I didn't want things to be like this, I just didn't want it to be like I'm desperate of his attention.

Lol ... This very action made me leave two different ladies I approached for marriage! Don't ever try that nonsense again. Men don't feel like women of this age are worth the stress. Why should a man stress himself for a woman that has been in the arms of other men! There is nothing special to feel special about!
Men of this generation show interest where they get response.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by damilola1978: 7:00pm On May 14, 2022
Puskas:
Vagina people and their victim mentality. Imagine how this one is blaming the innocent man for respecting himself. You shunned his WhatsApp messages for two days and you still expect him to be crawling on his knees begging you to reply his chats. Who does that except a man suffering from Simpson disease. If you are beautiful with a good character just like you described yourself you should have married in your twenties and not being desperate to marry in your thirties. Let me ask you one question. If the man is foolish enough to continue chatting with you and later marries you what exactly will you offer him apart from your worn out pussy? Be truthful and answer this question
as in baba that has all nationalities in the US to choose from...this babe must be a real joker
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by EMILO2STAY(m): 7:10pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
Why do y'all sounds to make me unhappy. I'm not happy with how things turn out with him not getting back to me as I had hoped. And now you guys are compounding my issue.

Thanks anyways
you have to understand the mind set of a typical black American. they don't chase after women like the typical African or Nigerian guy does( after your experience with him you will come to appreciate Nigerian guys). black Americans got pride ,ego and are mostly alpha males. they don't care much about marriage and only see women as baggage. do not expect him to chase you the way a naija guy will do, he will never do that,.. he might not even be into you as you think. yes you may be beautiful but trust me he has seen girls far more beautiful than you and yet didn't even care about them,.. how much more you. to tell you the truth most black Americans see African girls as inferior. so climb down your high horse and take your mind off him. you can only make shakara for a niaja man who will look your face no be black Americans

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Urpon1987: 7:13pm On May 14, 2022
I am here to read comments
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 7:21pm On May 14, 2022
DaInferno:
grin it's either of the last statements...thats how I collected a lady's number who stopped me on the road supppsedly saying I looked cute...only for madam to be replying me late or not at all. We turned status viewers till one day, while in church, pastor said its only when you open up that people come in, nobody should hold you down if they themselves are not ready to move forward.

The Holy spirit instructed me to delete her number that instant. grin
Life no suppose dey hard
Lol
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I'm not with any man. Men have an habit of underating you when you show them how much you care. Between, I just wanted to see how consistent he is. I just dropped an SMS for him on his local number hoping he reply.

that's why you are acting inconsistent. Also no dey fear If he is what you want.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Hassanmaye(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2022
Dripsandchills:
You vagina ppl can be so confused, u didn't respond to his messages and he did same to u now ur bothered. Overthinking things my feet. I wish he will never talk to u again, u felt u threw ursef at him? U like him n followed your body's intuition then ur head come de think trash join.. u use hand spoil ur luck, 33 years na here, menopause de junction de come ur side.
Lol that gender eh
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by BlessedOne259: 7:30pm On May 14, 2022
1Sharon:

What is wrong in what she said? Is it a lie?
Don't men from abroad use women in Nigeria?

The days of men coming to find wives in Nigeria are long gone

Because he says he wants to marry her, doesn't mean he would.

Be pretending you don't know your fellow man.

The boldest is not true. Most of my guys married Naija-based ladies than obodo-oyibo ladies.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by ukahrawah: 7:41pm On May 14, 2022
charles009:

If a woman says she is 33, she is actually 36!

Sorry oooo

I actually added 10. Most definitely she's 46 plus.

Hi Jackals.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by 1Sharon(f): 7:47pm On May 14, 2022
Ninisun:

Did you read "love" in any of my comments? You are just writing rhetorical questions, for Op to feel this way means there was a relationship and so rest!!!

Who told you? Women can still feel hurt even if they were never with the guy. You can still still have hurt getting over a guy you never dated. It's simply hurt from what could have been.

And Do you have amnesia or your being purposely obtuse?

Ninisun:

They were in a relationship before the date! You mustnt be sexual with someone before a relationship starts. Was it just on that date she started loving him? There had been phone communication.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Ezenzu: 7:48pm On May 14, 2022
Nawa o! U should have not given him such impression. People respond in different ways
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by IamV: 7:48pm On May 14, 2022
Pootle:

gaddemit u jus made a fkd up day so smooth...if you do beer lemme know, one chilled one waiting for your brilliant respond
Unfortunately,I don't do beers,but then,you kind gesture is deeply appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by maak400: 8:00pm On May 14, 2022
Shey you eventually called him sha
jackals:

Thank you so much for this. I never know such action could send him off. He stays in an hotel for now with a friend, before the place he is moving into get done (as he said the last time). I'll call him first. And if he's cool with me being around, I'll know from there.

Thank you ❤️��
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nayolex55(m): 8:08pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

pls my dear sis call him straight away n let him know how u feel about him.
where he is from a lady can walk up to u and say I love you.
pls don't feel too big to go after what u want.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Kpengla(m): 8:13pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

It's not about you per se, or even how you reacted to him. I'm guessing you just aren't his spec meaning he's not physically attracted to you...or maybe he's gay and he's just in the msrket for a beard...

Because even if he thought you were clingy a normal man would still try to hit that puna a few times before going ghost on you. Don't sweat it your own man will surely show up. You can't tick all the boxes for every man out there, there's a match for everybody keep trying till you find yours.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Kennyprince: 8:13pm On May 14, 2022
Call him and tell him you have not been feeling too well so u were not able to attend to his chats
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Kennitrust(m): 8:15pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I'm a submissive woman, appreciative and also have my own things going on for myself. I don't bag and I'm peaceful. Thanks �
which state are you
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by cassyrooy(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Look at them. Why so much insults?

The OP was just simply insecure.
She had concerns she wasn't acting right and pulled out. Yes, she could had a more polite way of doing that.

Men from abroad are red flags. They usually want a temporary relationship with Nigerian women.

Because he says he wants to marry her doesn't mean he would.

Sharon dear, I understand you perfectly, and from someone like me that have blown my own chances at relationships, I offered my own advice, but I think you went judgmental and prejudicial with my comment/advice.

Nonetheless, I appreciate the fact that you acknowledged her insecurities and concerns. The only thing I know is, once a heart gets frozen over, nothing changes it especially when things haven't solidified.

I hope she learns from it and try to caution herself next time out.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by EagleSquare1(m): 8:16pm On May 14, 2022
I believe you put the hopeful man in a situation where he began to wonder if he took the right decision in even accepting a date with you. If I were in his shoes, with your blank response to my calls and messages, I will suddenly engage in reverse gear, and watch my front carefully, lest I damage myself emotionally. However, I would want to check up on you at home to know if all was well with you and why you weren’t responding to my messages. Just to be sure you’re safe.

Nevertheless, I’m also just wondering, how did your outing with him go? Wasn’t he fun or good to be with? Did he ever try to undermine you in any way? Didn’t he show enough respect? Was there a spark of love from the both of you?

Above all, I hope you didn’t allow one of your female friends to advise against being ‘too forward and cheap,’ thereby now threatening a budding relationship.

jackals:

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 14, 2022
1Sharon:

Who told you? Women can still feel hurt even if they were never with the guy. You can still still have hurt getting over a guy you never dated. It's simply hurt from what could have been.

And Do you have amnesia or your being purposely obtuse?

Come transgendered, are you trying to sound stupid or what? Better swerve to where you belong.
I'm too busy to reply your f.oolish mentions

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

See 5 Step To Disvirgin A Girl Without Her Feeling Pain / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know That I Am Multi-millionaire / 5 Things Guys Should Stop Doing That Makes Girls Feel Arrogant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.