Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays (66430 Views)

Why Do He-goats Incessantly Disturb Sexually Uninterested She-goats / Men Have Become Uninterested In Getting Married Becos Dey Are Sexually Satisfied / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by yemi1504: 3:46pm On May 14, 2022
Dripsandchills:
but ur desperate naaa but if guy likes u we don't care we appreciate u n might take u serious, I respect a lady that acts on her emotions n not try to complicate things with kid reasoning. He has moved on bc he understands you're not emotionally intelligent

That man is just like I am! Once you playing games, I move on!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Totiemide: 3:46pm On May 14, 2022
You shouldn't have open his msg when you know you won't reply, personally I don't open msg I know I won't reply. I just let it sit there till I get a good reply to give.

As an adult, if you like someone you let them know. If the person like you back, you get luck if not you move on find another person.

Life don comot from say you dey hide feelings oo

You ignore the guy call and msg based on assumptions that you don't want to look desperate, now nigga too is ignoring you bcuz he's lot in his mind.

He didn't come to Nigeria cuz of yu but he gave you the attention nd you confirmed you'd fun.
The guy might be testing you to know if you're worth the effort and chase and I believe you're not too big to set your assumptions and pride aside to do the needful.

Call or text him and when he picks you let him know your fears, I hope you get positive feedback from him.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by yemi1504: 3:49pm On May 14, 2022
jericco1:
My dear, try and reply his messages too, he is human too, remember not replying someone's message is in its own way a message as well.
He could think you're not interested we well.

Why do you guys make it difficult for yourselves?

They have been thought by their mothers playing hard to get is the way to go and they are paying the consequences for their actions!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Stopwomenabuse: 3:50pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
I'm a beautiful woman in my 30s (33 precisely) with a good career and a budding startup in the make-up business. I'm also very humble and I'm one that appreciate the little things a man do. Recently, I got linked to a guy who just came back from the US and have the intention of settling down just like me. He's successful and very respectful the First time we met, and I was already looking forward to something meaningful with him.

Last week Sunday, he took me out. When I got back home, I noticed I've embarrassed myself too much by literally throwing myself at him. I withdrew and form busy by not responding to his texts and calls for two days. WhatsApp message read but not replied.

On Tuesday, I noticed he didn't message me for the whole day. But I became bothered. Up till now, he has not called me nor message me. I didn't want things to be like this, I just didn't want it to be like I'm desperate of his attention.

Is he that he has moved on or not really interested

I read through a lot of comments here and I could not help but laughing. I wonder why some people like "adding salt to an injury". Instead of telling you how to right the wrongs, they were busy highlighting your mistakes, which i know you are aware of too.

Now to your topic; my sis, some of us men have experienced a lot in the past, especially with ladies. Hence, we regard every action (like yours) as a repetition of the past and thus try to avoid it. Where we find ourselves today is a world where cheating, lies, and deception have been the other of the (especially when it comes to the issues of relationships). And so, everyone is trying not to fall, victim. For ignoring messages you read and calls for two days, an average man (me included) will assume you are either no longer interested, have another man, are not a serious type, etc.

I experienced similar stuff last two months. The girl was all over me, even though we met just about 2 months. God knows I intend to marry her but she suddenly went into ghost moods. Picks up my calls when she feels like ok, and when she does, she talk like someone speaking to a stranger... To avoid a repetition of my past, I avoid her for 2 weeks. Then she called and was like she was testing my patience, blah blah,... I was like are you for real... Me wey gals d rush me come d play that kind play with me...

The deeds have been done, my dear. Just call him and say sorry for the deed and explain yourself... If he is really meant for you, I am certain he will be mature enough to make things right again. Cheers!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Akpacha(m): 3:51pm On May 14, 2022
Puskas:
Vagina people and their victim mentality. Imagine how this one is blaming the innocent man for respecting himself. You shunned his WhatsApp messages for two days and you still expect him to be crawling on his knees begging you to reply his chats. Who does that except a man suffering from Simpson disease. If you are beautiful with a good character just like you described yourself you should have married in your twenties and not being desperate to marry in your thirties. Let me ask you one question. If the man is foolish enough to continue chatting with you and later marries you what exactly will you offer him apart from your worn out pussy? Be truthful and answer this question
Lol! Guy u bad! Like u sedan with Englishmen when them the write this their language. I love ur command of English.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by gratefulheart(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2022
You didn't tell us why you think you're throwing yourself at him? Is it action or speech? Have you had sex with him? We need something tangible to be able to see what happened? You can dm me. I am a counsellor.

jackals:
I'm a beautiful woman in my 30s (33 precisely) with a good career and a budding startup in the make-up business. I'm also very humble and I'm one that appreciate the little things a man do. Recently, I got linked to a guy who just came back from the US and have the intention of settling down just like me. He's successful and very respectful the First time we met, and I was already looking forward to something meaningful with him.

Last week Sunday, he took me out. When I got back home, I noticed I've embarrassed myself too much by literally throwing myself at him. I withdrew and form busy by not responding to his texts and calls for two days. WhatsApp message read but not replied.

On Tuesday, I noticed he didn't message me for the whole day. But I became bothered. Up till now, he has not called me nor message me. I didn't want things to be like this, I just didn't want it to be like I'm desperate of his attention.

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by RickSanchez: 3:52pm On May 14, 2022
Magnoliaa:
Men are uninterested my ass. Yeah, right. So uninterested y'all literally have to resort to creating narratives about single successful women in their 30s not getting it right in relationships JUST SO they can lower their standards. grin

If una like, make una use all the reverse psychology tricks in the book, bygone era is bygone era. Fewer and fewer women are ready to put up with men who don't add value to them.
I think this is a narrative but I've personally seen my sister try this with her now husband and it took tremendous effort to get this man's attention back. He works on oil rigs, lives abroad and she also was playing hard to get, when his ex started disturbing him she gave herself sense.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Akpacha(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2022
DaInferno:
grin it's either of the last statements...thats how I collected a lady's number who stopped me on the road supppsedly saying I looked cute...only for madam to be replying me late or not at all. We turned status viewers till one day, while in church, pastor said its only when you open up that people come in, nobody should hold you down if they themselves are not ready to move forward.

The Holy spirit instructed me to delete her number that instant. grin
Life no suppose dey hard
kido! U waited till u hear that from it pastor.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Onyeziokwu(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I'm not with any man. Men have an habit of underating you when you show them how much you care. Between, I just wanted to see how consistent he is. I just dropped an SMS for him on his local number hoping he reply.

Auntie men don't look down on anyone... Your type plenty here in the UK especially amongst our recently migrated Nigerian Nurses even those as old as you are and some elders too just wasting their time playing mind games on some naija men here. Same approach from that great guy, applies here too!

@33, you still acting like someone in her prime. Those shits from you are meant for men without purpose/ anything doing, irrespective of how little...

You might definitely get sense @40 I reckon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Ishilove: 3:55pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I'm not with any man. Men have an habit of underating you when you show them how much you care. Between, I just wanted to see how consistent he is. I just dropped an SMS for him on his local number hoping he reply.
Aren't you a bit old for these kinds of childish games? You two hung out, you're attracted to each other and you have given him the greenlight. He followed up the greenlight by trying to keep up the communication after the date, but rather than consolidate, you're playing childish mind games. He is right by ghosting you because you're obviously not mature enough for a serious relationship.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by InvertedHammer: 3:55pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

/
I don't know if you know that before someone flies about 12-24 hours total travel time(depending on location) from US to Nigeria, s/he has things planned out and schedule is tight. There is no luxury of time. Before you know it, he is back in US. I don't know any serious-minded fella that will have time for your silly games.
Whatever special offers you think you have are readily available for him from elsewhere.
/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by imran90(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2022
Puskas:
Vagina people and their victim mentality. Imagine how this one is blaming the innocent man for respecting himself. You shunned his WhatsApp messages for two days and you still expect him to be crawling on his knees begging you to reply his chats. Who does that except a man suffering from Simpson disease. If you are beautiful with a good character just like you described yourself you should have married in your twenties and not being desperate to marry in your thirties. Let me ask you one question. If the man is foolish enough to continue chatting with you and later marries you what exactly will you offer him apart from your worn out pussy? Be truthful and answer this question
Grandma dey form busybody gringrin
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Officialbayo(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2022
At 33, the best thing you can do is to throw up at a man you're still looking forward to God to be your man. Which shows how you've been fumbling in your 20s. How can you drink yourself to stuppor on your first date?? Aunty check yourself. Good riddance to bad rubbish from the guy. Nice one! My advice is stop whatever bad it is you're doing. Stay humble and loyal. Call him and apologize and promise him you will desist in such act �
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Jman06(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2022
If that guy is wise he'll resist every overtures from you for a second chance. This is because what you did was a clear sign of a lady who'll be deceptive and could give him a lot of troubles once he marries you, especially if he mistakenly takes you abroad after marriage.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by cenaman(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

.I was just being careful of not making it look like I'm desperate to have him. I already showed him I like him. I think if he wanted things to escalate, he wouldn't back out that way
Alpha male, I like him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by yemi1504: 3:58pm On May 14, 2022
Jayzx:
That is how most of them will be forming hard to get and be crying every Saturday in their closet when their younger one are getting married. Yeye people

You can say that again!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Beolly(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2022
sollolucci77:

You're responsible for the outcomes you get so who cares...you're so used to getting attention from men in your prime years and playing mind games was fun until you subconsciously did it till your 30s now you're looking for someone to console you...you have the fruit of your labour now...eat it
grin you are a wicked man

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Onyeziokwu(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2022
Boss13:
You want to fix it then you must be sincere and honest.

Call him - express your vulnerability to him that you were so into him and was worried about your emotions. You wanted some days to be sure that your emotions weren't playing games and needed those days.

Apologies to him and be sure to make him know he wasn't the problem. Assure him that you have definitely confirmed you like him and you are into him. You have to promise him it would never occur again and no more mind games.

Finally, let him know you'd like to call him and express your emotions to him verbally. Then, pray to God he understands because you blew your chances with silliness. Please know the brother has options and lots of beautiful younger women and even more successful than you want him too.

Good luck.

You better copy and paste this amazing write-up from this good lad and then paste in your brain.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by tonididdy(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
Why do y'all sounds to make me unhappy. I'm not happy with how things turn out with him not getting back to me as I had hoped. And now you guys are compounding my issue.

Thanks anyways
...who want something,na him hand dey long pass
You F-up
This is prolly what u've being doing in your teens up till now. You need to change tactics.
The tactics of ignoring and thinking attention will come your way doesn't work on most men ( not in this era when all men are trying not to be seen as simpsons)

... Swallow your pride, write him and ask to take him out to dinner and pay.... I say pay oh unless he insists repeatedly when the bill show up.

GL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by yemi1504: 4:02pm On May 14, 2022
richie3384:

The. Best way to fix it is by speaking to the person that linked u both.at least u HV learnt ur lesson. Mind game is expensive. Men HV moved on from the past way of chasing women

Abi at the last statement! It is only guys who want to fvck a certain b1tch for bangs and bragging rights that do that! Yes, there are still useless men that abound like that when there are other fishes in the sea!

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by jagaban002(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2022
Puskas:
This response is the best .
She have nothing to offer than pride and ego i just wish the guy run far far away from someone like u cus u no be wife material ooooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by charles009(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

If a woman says she is 33, she is actually 36!

Sorry oooo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by yemi1504: 4:09pm On May 14, 2022
Wizywiz:
grin can't u see her profile says no Dm grin..she doesn't deal on Dm's she is queen Elizabeth all men should bow and worship her if they want her cheesy

No wonder! We know their type! Men must worship the ground they step on! Shior! Tueh!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by optm(m): 4:11pm On May 14, 2022
Boss13:
You want to fix it then you must be sincere and honest.

Call him - express your vulnerability to him that you were so into him and was worried about your emotions. You wanted some days to be sure that your emotions weren't playing games and needed those days.

Apologies to him and be sure to make him know he wasn't the problem. Assure him that you have definitely confirmed you like him and you are into him. You have to promise him it would never occur again and no more mind games.

Finally, let him know you'd like to call him and express your emotions to him verbally. Then, pray to God he understands because you blew your chances with silliness. Please know the brother has options and lots of beautiful younger women and even more successful than you want him too.

Good luck.
this is a sound advice. @op do not use a lie to make an excuse for your not replying, you ll make things worse and make him doubtful of your person as i presume you are dealing with a smart guy that knows what he wants . Boss13 has given you a good direction in putting your words.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Iamthoney(m): 4:12pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

I made sure I communicated very well on our first meeting. And we've been chatting about 13 days before he came in. So I made a good impression.
Yet you allowed your generalization of and for men get the better of you. If I was the guy I’d do the same and more than what he’s doing to you cos two can play the game perfectly.
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by jaykai24(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

Very common with Nigerian women... u think not responding to messages make u hard to get? It makes u look Stup*d and confused as fk!
Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Acidosis(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2022
Don't see yourself as a medal to be won and don't throw yourself at any man because of age matter. Learn to balance things. It will do you a lot of good now and always.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by jaykai24(m): 4:15pm On May 14, 2022
Iamthoney:
Yet you allowed your generalization of and for men get the better of you. If I was the guy I’d do the same and more than what he’s doing to you cos two can play the game perfectly.

If I was the guy, I will go mute until I get back to the State. Some men don't have stup*d time to waste lol

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by organicfoods(m): 4:18pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:

.I was just being careful of not making it look like I'm desperate to have him. I already showed him I like him. I think if he wanted things to escalate, he wouldn't back out that way
No, you raise his hope and dashed it too quickly,
this are the things people under pressure to settle down don't want. Experience would have taught him some lessons of never trusting easily. You should have adopted a better method and this should come after you must have clinged and connected properly together.

Even though you had it going very well in the first outing, men will like to see more, but withdrawing from him dashed his curiosity and after some trial moved on to some other options. You may connect again but I doubt if he will still trust you to treat him right.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by Dminister(m): 4:19pm On May 14, 2022
I don’t know these ladies that are 33 and above always forming hard to get after they have been fucking since their twenties.

It’s immediately they become 30 and above they start forming hard to get and this has made so many of them to remain single for life.

You have been praying for a man and when the man comes you close your legs because you think he just want to kpansh and you don’t want to throw yourself at him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by ungara17: 4:21pm On May 14, 2022
jackals:
Why do y'all sounds to make me unhappy. I'm not happy with how things turn out with him not getting back to me as I had hoped. And now you guys are compounding my issue.

Thanks anyways

The guy is a man who choose to respect himself like any other reasonable man will do and this are fellow men telling you the truth. Listen and change.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Uninterested Nowadays by olembic: 4:21pm On May 14, 2022
If you play pes mobile with gamepad like I do, you will win 9 out of every 10 matches.

HERE IS HOW IT'S DONE:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2SRr0dbN-I

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal From Her Boyfriend At A Fast Food Restaurant / See 5 Step To Disvirgin A Girl Without Her Feeling Pain / My Girlfriend Doesn't Know That I Am Multi-millionaire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.