Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,915 members, 7,835,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder (25486 Views)

Why Buhari’s Quiet Over Allegations Of Irregularities Against INEC — Garba Shehu / Apostle Chibuzor Hands Over DEBORAH ESTATE To Deborah Samuel's Parents (Photos) / 20 People Convert To Christianity Over Deborah Samuel's Death - Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by DannyFX2638: 11:29am On May 15, 2022
I don't regard any fool as celebrity .... Most of them don't know there right from there left .. some Can't even spell correctly..

They only come online to talk about sex , Marriage.. Second wife . Then fight themselves online... if only everybody for naija be like me .. Those people for get side job because there crap don't move me

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by malvisguy212: 11:30am On May 15, 2022
Puskas:
Heartbroken, Why?
You are a heartless human being. we are all heartbroken.

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Kenturkey048(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
LedRock:
angry What have leaders in the church said about it, just leave celebs out of it.

Why do you people make all this comparison?? Like if somebody ask question, una go chip im unrelated factor.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by malvisguy212: 11:31am On May 15, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
interesting question
I expect you to edit this post and attack Christianity as atheists always do.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
WiszyFraud:
The people that has come out so far to condemn the killing, what difference has it made? Did it bring the girl back to life? Has it made the Muslims felt remorseful??

The celebrities should get behind their phone’s keyboards, condemn the killing, and what happens?
Or you just want to feel satisfied that the celebrities has condemned the act?

Nigerians too like unnecessary reactions abegg angry

But they can get behind their phones and type "I can't breathe" for floyd and "black lives matters"...and remain mute when same happens to their fellow Nigerians...You and all of them are hypocrites and you are all mad.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Unclesamo(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.

LISTEN TO THE AUDIO AND READ THE GROUP CHAT. WHERE EXACTLY DID SHE INSULT THE PROPHET.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE.

COME OUT WITH THE EVIDENCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:32am On May 15, 2022
Dotman2210:

Something must be fundamentally wrong with you, there is no justification for those lunatic to kill her, is Nigeria no longer a secular country? And what exactly did she say that is blasphemous and mind Christians will not stoop that low constituting nuisance,don't worry nemesis will soon catch up with you lots, bunch of murderous vermins

Being secular doesn't grant for insulting other religions.

You don't see the justification for that, but they do.

If she had refrained from making that insult, if she had apologized when given the chance. This wouldn't have happened.

But she didn't, she believed nothing was going to happen.

I still stand by my statement. Deborah, as someone who's fluent in Hausa, as someone who has lived amongst Muslims for quite a long time... What she did was stupid. and she was well aware of what she was about to do and the consequences.

What happened has already happened... The best thing is to tell our Christian brothers and sisters to please refrain from insulting other people's religions, especially if they are living amongst them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Magnoliaa(f): 11:34am On May 15, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
Because they're all idiots and cowards. angry

They always talk when the issue is about a man getting married to another wife or when it's about false allegation rape. Idiots!

Where's that stupid girl on nairaland who always create post and scream the Future is werey? I have never seen her nor any werey feminist created any post nor commented about this Deborah's issue. Abi is Deborah not a female? Idiots and cowards!

Oh. Wait. Wait. Wait. You want feminists to carry this issue on their heads and fight for her ... as a female?

Oh, you mean you want us to turn it into a GENDER issue? Right?? You'll like it if I started opening threads and using buzzwords and calling it a gender-based violence? And misogyny, huh? Religion, with the backing of 'patriarchy?' No matter how you wan look am, you cannot ignore that aspect.

Because na men kill am o. No forget. Yes, there were probably women on the side, watching and cheering on. But ALL of the people in that video beating and slashing and wiping and throwing tires on her were MEN. Whether Muslims, from Niger or old or young. All of them get phalluses.

So you want me to push that agenda now? Because you know I can. grin And na una go cry pass. You want us to turn it into a feminist fight? But all the ones we've been shouting and crying about, una go dey tok say it's not all women, it's not only women, XYZ, whatever.

Is this more of a religious issue than a gender issue? Or is it more of a gender issue than a cultural issue? Which one? Abi everything is intersecting?

Is it all the time person go dey react? Nigeria sef never tire you? Things still dey shock you?

Was a protest not held for Uwa? Was Hiny not fought for? If we add Deborah to the list too, and started shouting and typing 'til our voices and fingers break, will you not still find something to criticise? The other lady that died in a foreign prison, nko?

Now that everybody is keeping quiet and being somber and in low spirits, sensibly, you're dragging us that we are not talking.

Like, what do you want us to do? Have you said anything about it in your redpill group? What has all the male politicians said? CAN of men nko? Come to think of it, I have not seen a comment ANYWHERE from a Muslimah or Hausa lady victim-blaming Deborah, but alllll the comments and teks I've been reading are all from them Muhammeds and Azeezs and Gambaris and whatnot.

And all of the religious lynching for blasphemy that ME, I have been seeing, more women than men have been at the receiving end.

Later, you will say we're the ones that like to start senseless gender wars, but see your comment.

4 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:36am On May 15, 2022
Unclesamo:

LISTEN TO THE AUDIO AND READ THE GROUP CHAT. WHERE EXACTLY DID SHE INSULT THE PROPHET.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH EVERYONE.

COME OUT WITH THE EVIDENCE.

Oga, if you don't understand Hausa, get someone that does to translate for you.

If you listen to the audio, at the end just after she made the insult you'd hear some girls in the background gasped. Which will tell you how serious what she said was.

Also, (I heard) she was given the chance to apologize, but she didn't. She chose to be arrogant.

I'm sure she regrets her decisions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 11:36am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Don't call people idiots for having different views than you.

I hardly see a Muslim make fun or insult the Christian religion publicly. But you are always insulting Islam one way or the other.

Someone calling your "God" agege bread, it's your fault you let it slip.

In fact you Christians make mockery of your "God" by yourselves... YOU TOLERATE TOO MUCH DISRESPECT, THAT'S YOUR PROBLEM.

if it was the other way round (Bank MD disrespecting Islam)... I'm sure by the end of that week all northern Muslims would have closed their accounts with that bank.. But you people didn't.

I'll never let anyone be comfortable disrespecting me
Yes Christianity is built on nothing but love hence the tolerance. We value human life even that of a condemned one. It's how any sane and rational person should live else there will be chaos. It's the reason any where u find Islam being practiced u need look no further for extreme violence that is being fanned by the religious extremists of Islam. Take a look around the entire globe 80% of war thorn nations have one thing in common.. Islam. That Christians practice and choose love nd peace over violent bloodshed doesn't make them foolish or slow.

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by jaxxy(m): 11:38am On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

I'm not saying that was bad though, he was a black man like me.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

No one is holding any vigil for her, why are we doing this to ourselves?

George flyods protests wasn't about George alone bt about many others b4 him and even against any trying to happen after him.

it was a statement of past, present and future. Not just George flyod himself bt his incident was the trigger.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by imran90(m): 11:39am On May 15, 2022
I see a lot of sense in what this man wrote.
Naijanascam:

Just take your time after you might have eaten and take your bath..,and read over and over and over again to if there is any Sense in this this nonsense you just wrote here
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Jodera: 11:39am On May 15, 2022
mu2sa2:
You see, the word she used is unmistakably abusive, vulgar and unacceptable. Even to repeat it by another person may be considered inappropriate. There's no way you can try to explain it as harmless. I don't think there's an English equivalent for the word. That's the word Deborah used to insult Muhammad, prophet of Islam in an Islamic city , and to add salt to injury she provoked her targeted audience by boasting that nothing would happen because holy ghost fire would protect her. Is it correct for a supposed Christian to behave like this - did Jesus ever insult anybody ( like so-called Christians of today do even here on nl)?
What was the exact word she says that made it blasphemous?
I see most of you dodging this question by using words like " it's a very terrible words, it's this, it's that", yet you guys don't want to interpret it. How would you say there's no English equivalent for that word if not that you just want to sweep it under the carpet. First time in my life I'm hearing that a Hausa word don't have an English equivalent.

Truth be told, you know there's no blasphemy from the girl and you're just giving stupid justification for what those guys did just because the Deborah girl called Muhammad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:41am On May 15, 2022
specialmati:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed so your are implying that Muslims are all murderers when anyone talks about their god and religion. So what it means is that they teach them to kill anyone that talk about their god and religion.i think that's the worst religion to be practised by sane people. Someone said Muslim is a religion of peace but with this its a matter of time. Its best to say its a religion of murderers only time can tell.no wonder every terrorist is a Muslim because they are taught to kill people for useless cause

Say whatever you want... I don't want to indulge in religious arguments, for obvious reasons. But you're making me do.

You southerners, "the peace lovers", burn people to ashes for petty thefts.

You beat people to death for stealing foodstuff to eat.

If she really wanted peace, she wouldn't have insulted Prophet Muhammad while living amongst the northerners.

It is a life and death thing.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by ajayiopy: 11:43am On May 15, 2022
God1000:
I remember when George Floyd was killed in America by white police officers, Nigerians protested in Abuja and Lagos.

But here is my grouse, Africans and nigerians in particular are always quick to show support when something happens elsewhere, but they will not do anything when it comes to fellow Nigerians.

By now, there should be massive protest across the country demanding for justice, but none of that is happening

they are busy with AMWCA
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:44am On May 15, 2022
killmods:

Yes Christianity is built on nothing but love hence the tolerance. We value human life even that of a condemned one. It's how any sane and rational person should live else there will be chaos. It's the reason any where u find Islam being practiced u need look no further for extreme violence that is being fanned by the religious extremists of Islam. Take a look around the entire globe 80% of war thorn nations have one thing in common.. Islam. That Christians practice and choose love nd peace over violent bloodshed doesn't make them foolish or slow.
If Christianity was really built on love, why do Christians always love to insult Islam and Prophet Muhammad.

Tell me, is insulting and ridiculing people love? is that what love is in your understanding of Christianity?

Wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Jodera: 11:45am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Oga, if you don't understand Hausa, get someone that does to translate for you.

If you listen to the audio, at the end just after she made the insult you'd hear some girls in the background gasped. Which will tell you how serious what she said was.

Also, (I heard) she was given the chance to apologize, but she didn't. She chose to be arrogant.

I'm sure she regrets her decisions.
You still didn't come out with evidence.

You said she did wrong, what did she say that made you feel she insulted your prophet? Simple.

Maybe your own translation is different from the translation I read which itself is no insult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by gbengalotgrand: 11:47am On May 15, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

If i pray ur life also end d way her own was end ...can u say amen to it?

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Connected1: 11:48am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Anyways, I don't understand what Christians gain by insulting Islam and their religious figures. I hardly see a Muslim publicly insult the religion of Christianity...

Y'all keep saying how barbaric and inhumane these people are, yet you keep provoking them.

Like it or not, what Deborah did was stupid.

and judging by how fluent she is in Hausa language, she already knew the weight of what she was about to do. She already knew Muslims would do anything if she insulted Prophet Muhammad ﷺ yet she went ahead with it.

(I heard) they even requested her to make an apology so that everything will be gone, but she refused... For whatever reason known to herself.

If you're in Rome do as Romans do, you can't be in Sokoto and think you could get away with insulting the Prophet and ridiculing him.

Even if she had managed to escape on that Thursday, as far as she's in Sokoto they would find a way to get to her.
You are a fool.

Why can't Muhammad fight for himself.

If you say Muslims don't criticizes Christians then tell me your house address and I will kill 4 Muslims and drop their corpses at your house.

Do you know how many Muslims I have met that criticized my traditional faith and also my christian belief when I still believed in it.

Nor provoke person.

We are just waiting to see the actions of the president and for now Atiku is out of the Presidential Race, A Coward cannot rule us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Naajjii: 11:48am On May 15, 2022
Femi8586:

Mumu defence tactics
Don't worry, and I can assure you that one of your daughters will become a Christian and if you wish, hand her over to your fellow extremists to roast and barbecue her to please your paedophilic prophet in HELL.
Mumu you want to turn away from fact. Killing is killing and evil is evil, whether you kill for your religion or prophet or you kill for yahoo yahoo and money ritual. If you are generalizing Muslims or northerners for what those extremist did to Deborah then you are also a killer and barbaric for what your yahoo yahoo brothers are doing. Go and see those military couple that were slaughtered like meat, is there anything as barbaric as that? .
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:51am On May 15, 2022
Jodera:
You still didn't come out with evidence.

You said she did wrong, what did she say that made you feel she insulted your prophet? Simple.

Maybe your own translation is different from the translation I read which itself is no insult

Oga, you're not a native Hausa speaker... I'm not sure if you even understand anything in the language. amma bar in gani in kana gane wanga batu da nir rubuto da Hausa

Yes, what she did is wrong and stupid. Once again, I'm not going to repeat what she did.

Get yourself a Hausa person that's willing to translate it for you. I won't.

You don't even understand anything in Hausa and you're here telling me there's no evidence.

That's ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Ifakiland(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

You don't cry at a burial more than ther bereaved family otherwise you'd become a suspect in the death....she's a northerner killed by northerners in the North and she death pleased the northerners...why should a southerner care so much?? What will their comments do?? Raise the dead?? Please focus.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Morphinne: 11:52am On May 15, 2022
Jodera:
What was the exact word she says that made it blasphemous?
I see most of you dodging this question by using words like " it's a very terrible words, it's this, it's that", yet you guys don't want to interpret it. How would you say there's no English equivalent for that word if not that you just want to sweep it under the carpet. First time in my life I'm hearing that a Hausa word don't have an English equivalent.

Truth be told, you know there's no blasphemy from the girl and you're just giving stupid justification for what those guys did just because the Deborah girl called Muhammad
She didn’t even say the word ‘Muhammad’ from the vn.
I quit pitying these idiots. Death to all terrorists across the globe. I’m starting to love the Israeli Jews and I’m now seeing their reasons for the suppression of the Palestinian Muslims. It’s a just cause. The world would be a better place for us all once the last Muslim is annihilated or just kept as minorities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Connected1: 11:53am On May 15, 2022
Onokwu001:
You guys thought celebrities don't have sense like you guys talking bad the whole thing?
It's better to be silent than put mouth in what doesn't concern you. This is religious matters let the people in that field handle it.
It has always been death penalty for blasphemimg
When it happens to you or your family no one will speak out.

Atiku would be there to delete his post too.

Fool.

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by efficiencie(m): 11:53am On May 15, 2022
God1000:

Well it is because the person who was alleged to have killed George Floyd is a policeman and policemen in the US are usually and regularly bullied but the killers of Deborah are Jihadists and the fear of jihadists is the beginning of silence. Your celebrities or yeyebrities will keep quiet in the case of Deborah because they know what Jihadists can do.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Nobody: 11:54am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

If Christianity was really built on love, why do Christians always love to insult Islam and Prophet Muhammad.

Tell me, is insulting and ridiculing people love? is that what love is in your understanding of Christianity?

Wow!
Now its clear u are really stupid. So Muslims don't insult Christianity? U are obviously a one sided monkey. I have entertained ur stupidity enough. U can jump off now!

2 Likes

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by bobestman(m): 11:57am On May 15, 2022
They are Celebs not Pastors. Your Pastors should be the ones to speak out. Watin concern farmer with gun
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by pocohantas(f): 11:57am On May 15, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Like, what do you want us to do? Have you said anything about it in your redpill group? What has all the male politicians said? CAN of men nko? Come to think of it, I have not seen a comment ANYWHERE from a Muslimah or Hausa lady victim-blaming Deborah, but alllll the comments and teks I've been reading are all from them Muhammeds and Azeezs and Gambaris and whatnot.

And all of the religious lynching for blasphemy that ME, I have been seeing, more women than men have been at the receiving end.

Later, you will say we're the ones that like to start senseless gender wars, but see your comment.

The stupidity of their posts.

When Iyabo Ojo carried the matter of Princess’s ward that was raped by Baba Ijesha, what happened? They started a campaign of calumny against Princess and Iyabo.

When the Uyo jobseeker was killed and there was outrage. I remember following the case closely and one said it seems I have been raped to be so invested in it.

When it is convenient for them, they want feminist to fight, when it is not, they attack same feminist for fighting. Why don’t they fight their their fellow men that are the perpetrators 99% of the time? Make feminist rest small.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by logiccal: 11:58am On May 15, 2022
Connected1:

You are a fool.

Why can't Muhammad fight for himself.

If you say Muslims don't criticizes Christians then tell me your house address and I will kill 4 Muslims and drop their corpses at your house.

Do you know how many Muslims I have met that criticized my traditional faith and also my christian belief when I still believed in it.

Nor provoke person.

We are just waiting to see the actions of the president and for now Atiku is out of the Presidential Race, A Coward cannot rule us.

Liar! You are a Liar!

You haven't met any Muslim in your life. Tell me, what did they say to criticize your religious beliefs.

Also do you know there's a difference between criticism and insult?

I don't even believe you had any religious discussion with any Muslim before.

You see, you always resort to calling names. you can't have a conversation without calling someone fool or something like that for having a different view.

I still stand by my statement. What Deborah did was stupid considering the environment she was living in.

Also, (I heard) she was given the chance to apologize. But she didn't. She chose to be arrogant.

They dared her to come to college on that day, and she stupidly did.

No matter how you view it.. She messed up big-time.
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by Connected1: 11:59am On May 15, 2022
logiccal:

Say whatever you want... I don't want to indulge in religious arguments, for obvious reasons. But you're making me do.

You southerners, "the peace lovers", burn people to ashes for petty thefts.

You beat people to death for stealing foodstuff to eat.

If she really wanted peace, she wouldn't have insulted Prophet Muhammad while living amongst the northerners.

It is a life and death thing.
Making money is difficult and stealing from someone puts that person in hunger, agony, pains and possibly death from depression of how to pay up debts.

Putting one in flames because she condemn your prophet is wickedness, the table would turn around, just watch.

Faiths and beliefs are condemned everywhere, only you Muslims act barbaric about it and also forcefully force others to join Islam when you are majority.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by JohnOkolo: 12:01pm On May 15, 2022
LutherSanchez:
Her own rapture has come. It was her time to meet her creator. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Amen

May your rapture come soonest. AMEN
Re: Why are Nigerian celebrities keeping quiet over Deborah's gruesome murder by haslaw(m): 12:01pm On May 15, 2022
Maybe because she was an EVIL Christian extremist.

In as much as I condemn her killers, I have to let Christians know that it is not a good thing to insult other people's religion. This life is about live and let's live

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sirika: Why FG Didn’t Waste Time Giving Approval For New Lagos Airport / Why We’re Building Church In APC Secretariat – Ganduje / Governors At National Economic Council Meeting Today In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.