Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming (67029 Views)

6 Foods You're Consuming Daily That Are Slowly Destroying Your Kidneys / Is The Sugar In Fruits Good Or Bad For Your Health? / Woman Dies After Consuming Herbal Drugs She Bought To Lighten Her Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by benitwater(m): 10:10am On May 26, 2023
These post worth to be archived.👍

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by olurotimi(m): 10:11am On May 26, 2023
Me strictly on BKT cool.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2023
Slaysor:

How is beans sugary food?

Beans is high in Carbohydrates. Your body breaks down the carbohydrate in beans into glucose.

Granulated or a cube of sugar (sucrose) contains both glucose and fructose. This means that the same elements you would find in beans, you would also find in a cube of sugar.

Note: A cube of sugar contains 50% glucose (required for energy) and 50% fructose (might be hard to break down only when taken in "extreme-excess" )
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ednut1(m): 10:12am On May 26, 2023
Show us sugar in eba , fufu, amala etc. na diabetes go kill this generation sha last last
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:16am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

My problem here is ketchup. I literally eat most of my meals with ketchup.
all the food in this world will kill you, stop eating them, drink only water. You will be fine. I'm a coke addict, I've been drinking coke since I was 10, now I'm about to clock 45, two months ago I checked my sugar level, it's very normal almost Low sef. Someone will be paid to discredit food companies,come on line and start telling you all food are poisonous. Yeye

5 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by AKWATGOLD1(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2023
I think same should be done for quantity of sugar contained in lager beer like Stout, Green bottle general.
iamyemiakins:
Check out the amount of sugar in some of the drinks/snacks you consume regularly...

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by lomprico(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2023
DamianX:
In going to start cutting down my soda intake after. I notice sensation of things climbing my body.

Don't know if it's excess sugar or caffeine

You get staphylococcus grin
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Blackscorpion1j: 10:20am On May 26, 2023
Sugar or no sugar...Something must kill a man and last last EVERYBODY must still die with or without eating sugar...My personal opinion though....
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by lomprico(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2023
datola:
Sugar is an enemy of the human body.

Excess of it danages so many things

And less of it in your body is more deadly

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Anfieldboss: 10:21am On May 26, 2023
rickpat:
SUGAR ADDICTION AS DEADLY AS ALCOHOL ADDICTION

#drinkwateronly

Your body needs sugar for energy, just be mindful of your intake.

Low sugar level is almost as deadly as high sugar level. Just strike a balance in your sugar intake.

5 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 10:21am On May 26, 2023
Squirrel1:
less starch, more protein. But e no cheap

Most of your protein sources like beef, milk, etc. also contain saturated fat (another "wahala" ).

Go and eat whatever you want to eat but do everything in moderation. The most important thing is having a balanced diet. Avoiding a particular class of food (without any allergic reaction or personal recommendation from your doctor) is mere punishment. Do not be a victim of one man's insanity and please stop following the likes of Aproko doctor.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Maestro23: 10:22am On May 26, 2023
personally I watch my sugar intake. May God help us.

"Expand your consciousness with Plato's wisdom! Don't miss 'Unveiling Plato's Wisdom: 40 Quotes' on YouTube!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nH-ETziXbA
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Blazebond(m): 10:24am On May 26, 2023
It is good to live healthy oooooo,but me I must live this life in total enjoyment,I must chop life,I noe come life fo drink only water or tiger nut or lion nuts of whatever,chop life o,you only live once (YOLO) chop and drink and exercise regularly, doctors advise will kill you faster with worries and sadness,chop life before life chop you.

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by francotunsco: 10:24am On May 26, 2023
Please do same for Goldberg, Trophy and Guilder. I want to check something.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by duro4chang(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2023
pitroski:
Thanks God trophy beer no dey the list posted by OP
They no put palm wine and ogogoro
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by oghalebros(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2023
Wow my favourite FANTA is not on the list.. I'm safe.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Reference(m): 10:25am On May 26, 2023
Usefulsense:

If you think these things you mentioned will kill you fast, try hunger.
Everything we eat actually contains sugar apart from vegetables.

You gorrit. Vegetables.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Nobody: 10:26am On May 26, 2023
babaalagbo11:
Those energy drinks even have more sugar than other drinks... Get your confirmed agbo Jedi or pile herbs from me to avoid diabetes ooo... health is wealth
Toxic
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by LeopardX: 10:26am On May 26, 2023
At the end of the day, go for regular check up once or twice in a year to know your health status, so you can make adjustment when the need arise.

Many don't even know their sugar level. They just assume and panic unnecessarily.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by duro4chang(m): 10:27am On May 26, 2023
ednut1:
Show us sugar in eba , fufu, amala etc. na diabetes go kill this generation sha last last
You lie. Our fore-fathers wetin them they chop?
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On May 26, 2023
Acidosis:

Most of your protein sources like beef, milk, etc. also contain saturated fat (another "wahala" ).

Go and eat whatever you want to eat but do everything in moderation. The most important thing is having a balanced diet. Avoiding a particular class of food (without any allergic reaction or personal recommendation from your doctor) is mere punishment. Do not be a victim of one man's insanity and please stop following the likes of Aproko doctor.

This man! Aproko doctor wey dey im own jeje.

1 Like

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by superCleanworks(m): 10:28am On May 26, 2023
even small stout has up to 11 cubes
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2023
angelEmade:
...the sugar in a plate of semo,amala, akpu, pounded yam, etc. Will amount to about a box of cube sugars. The irony here is that the glucose and other monosaccharides in these drinks are a form of carbohydrates just like the disaccharides in complex sugars like sucrose (normal sugar)
Although all carbohydrates are reduced to glucose and consequently glycogen which are stored in the liver in complex metabolism reactions in the body, you cannot exactly compare these simple sugars to normal sugars.
And ironically, the malt we so much prefer to soda drinks contain Maltose which are complex sugars. A molecule of maltose can comparatively yield two molecules of monosaccharides in these soda drinks.
My point is that starch and carbohydrates like corn syrups and the foods I mentioned up there are much worse than these drinks. And although their intake should be controlled...it would be a futile endeavour if you keep supplementing them with excess starchy foods.
Malt is not a saviour either.

Very astute presentation.

However, the rate of release of these sugars into the bloodstream should also be considered.

It can take up to 4 hours to digest Akpu, but Fanta dumps all that sugar into the system in an instant.

Also remember that Coke or 7-Up won't fill up the belly like, say, Amala would. It will rather cause the body to crave more sugars and carbs.

We cannot avoid carbs, in fact, we should reduce carb intake in favour of proteins and fiber-rich foods, but these fizzy drinks?

Bad news on a stick.

2 Likes

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by 2pak(m): 10:30am On May 26, 2023
One thing must kill a man, even though you don't do this , you are doing that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by CodeTemplar: 10:31am On May 26, 2023
Jennyclay:
I don't really consume soda drinks like that. My favorite drinks are Tiger nut milk drink, Coconut milk and zobo Drink.. And I do make them myself.

My problem here is ketchup. I literally eat most of my meals with ketchup.
ketchup is just 3 cubes for around 3 servings. That's one cube per serving.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Acidosis(m): 10:31am On May 26, 2023
pocohantas:

This man! Aproko doctor wey dey im own jeje.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by Gemma11: 10:32am On May 26, 2023
Usefulsense:

If you think these things you mentioned will kill you fast, try hunger.
Everything we eat actually contains sugar apart from vegetables.

Correct. What we need to be concerned about is added sugars.
Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by ednut1(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2023
duro4chang:
You lie. Our fore-fathers wetin them they chop?
our forefathers were trekking daily to farms and doing other physical activities so they we’re burning the sugar. Today we spend our time on laptops/computers , tv, phones and video games. Consuming these things without burning it. Imagine eating eba and adding 50 cl coke. Then you go and sleep. Slow killer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Look At All The Sugar You're Consuming by dreamxhaser: 10:33am On May 26, 2023
sexiestharam:

The ree are Nigerians that are addicted to soft drinks. I have a friend who hasn't drank water in a year. Just drinks.
Kaiii

How long has he been doing that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ekiti Coronavirus Patient Has Been Discharged (Pictures) / 238 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 2170. 352 Discharged. 68 Deaths / Photos Of The UNILAG Student, Tope Who Died After Returning From A Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.